May 12, 2024, 11:53:49 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea vs. Barca Thread (28-Apr-09)  (Read 27279 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea vs. Barca Thread (28-Apr-09)
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2009, 03:41:57 PM »
dude
NOw i am all for tactics and game plan but,How can a side that is labeled as a big side play another side and have 10 men behind the ball from minute 1. its getting boring now. manu did it last year now chelsea. damn i want to see football.  i was telling all the chelsea fans if  chelse doesn't sit deep and counter they will get serious licks, only 2 "english teams can go toe to toe with barca, arsenal and liverpool. the others have to resort to this unattractive thing. too bad one of those freekicks didnt go in,cause it seems like all chelsea players wanted to trade shirts with the barca players  b4 90 mins.

win or lose i really hope chelsea come out and play football next game

U jus sour yuh shit side couldn't capitalize.  For all the talk bout big side doh play so allyuh talkin shit.  Big side does play so.  the difference with a big side and a small side playing like that is the big side can much easier execute it correctly and sustain.  That is the reason why when Sunderland did it at ManUre they failed.  That's the reason why despite our best efforts the warriors didn't succeed against england @ WC06.  So doh talk no shit in allyuh ass.  All who talkin dat shit only vex because despite the 4-0 and all other jackass predictions, Barca come away with a 0-0 draw at home.  Barca will suck salt in de bridge.  Ah hope allyuh eh run from allyuh crow (fuh all those who was touting Barca's unstopable form).  50 Straight games they score ah goal and overmatched (as some ah allyuh made it seem) Chelsea (De small side) held them scoreless.  Yeah Barca form rell sick boi!! :rotfl:

They will get 3 in dey cont in de bridge mark my words!!!!

dude i need to know what drug yuh taking. from yuh text i gather that its cheap and very potent :rotfl:

now  i am a football fan b4 i am a barca fan. that was not a game of football .chelsea was a team with star players playing real coward. i want them to play so at the bridge and see if they n get boo off the pitch by their own fans
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 28, 2009, 03:42:38 PM »
Seen. I hear yah. Like I said, I didn't see the game. But you actually lending to my argument that they not all that perdictable :) At the same time, I was really talking of their 'intricate passing game' as the general manner of play, and not the direct source of all goalscoring opportunities. Barca scores lots of goals off individualism, crosses, long balls, dead balls, shots from distance..etc, while still playing a fast paced short passing game. My point was that they don't usually abondon their general style or philosophy even if the actual goalscoring opportunities come from varied types of play.

I only see the last 20 mins mihself... and much as with Arsenal I love de short passing game despite years of EPL conditioning lol.  But like most critics ah find dey does over do it.  Barca were guilty of it in the last 20 too, but I think the final flurry was more the product of desperation than them adapting to what Chelsea were doing.  In fact they were trying to be stubborn with their style... but you can't short pass yuh way thru 10 men in the defensive third.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 28, 2009, 03:43:40 PM »
for the sake of clarity, lets make some key distinctions between this game and the man utd v barcelona 2nd leg game from last season.

1. Man Utd were the favorite in that game and being lauded as playing the best football on the planet. Chelsea was a rank underdog in this one.
2. Man Utd were at home at Old trafford, Chelsea is away at Barca.
3. Barcelona was in free-fall domestically and the team was disjointed. The Barca team today is the world's best.
4. This was the 2nd leg where the result was on the line, not the 1st leg where the play is almost always more measured and tentative.

So man like sammy et al need to hold dey horse trying to get that bly. All the points above and yet still Man Utd came out last year and played the brand we saw from Chelsea today.

I'm not trying to be a hypocrite. Chelsea played some ugly stuff today and personally its not what I like to see.

But there's no need to try to exonerate the anti-thesis of football that Manchester played last season while they were in the driver's seat by comparing it with Chelsea this game. Apples and oranges.

Chelsea played to a game plan; a plan that recognized Barcelona as technically the better team and the need to use their advantage in the physical department, and they executed it perfectly. This a great result for them going into the second leg. And for all their brilliance, Barcelona still showed weakness today.. They got frustrated too easily and put off their game. I find they look kinda nervous and let their rhythm get upset when they coulda take their time and break Chelsea down.

On to the next leg...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2009, 03:44:58 PM »
they'll need something different now that Chelsea is in the driver's seat

Yuh really feel Chelsea in de driver's seat?

yeah. if Barca tied Chelsea 0-0 at the bridge and was returning to Camp Nou, I woulda say Barca has the advantage. Chelsea would only be wary of conceding first. Also, the longer the game goes on at 0-0, the better for the away side. But in general, Chelsea should feel they got half the job done. Barca..not so much. It's not a huge advantage, but an advantage nonetheless

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2009, 03:45:07 PM »
dude
NOw i am all for tactics and game plan but,How can a side that is labeled as a big side play another side and have 10 men behind the ball from minute 1. its getting boring now. manu did it last year now chelsea. damn i want to see football.  i was telling all the chelsea fans if  chelse doesn't sit deep and counter they will get serious licks, only 2 "english teams can go toe to toe with barca, arsenal and liverpool. the others have to resort to this unattractive thing. too bad one of those freekicks didnt go in,cause it seems like all chelsea players wanted to trade shirts with the barca players  b4 90 mins.

win or lose i really hope chelsea come out and play football next game

U jus sour yuh shit side couldn't capitalize.  For all the talk bout big side doh play so allyuh talkin shit.  Big side does play so.  the difference with a big side and a small side playing like that is the big side can much easier execute it correctly and sustain.  That is the reason why when Sunderland did it at ManUre they failed.  That's the reason why despite our best efforts the warriors didn't succeed against england @ WC06.  So doh talk no shit in allyuh ass.  All who talkin dat shit only vex because despite the 4-0 and all other jackass predictions, Barca come away with a 0-0 draw at home.  Barca will suck salt in de bridge.  Ah hope allyuh eh run from allyuh crow (fuh all those who was touting Barca's unstopable form).  50 Straight games they score ah goal and overmatched (as some ah allyuh made it seem) Chelsea (De small side) held them scoreless.  Yeah Barca form rell sick boi!! :rotfl:

They will get 3 in dey cont in de bridge mark my words!!!!

dude i need to know what drug yuh taking. from yuh text i gather that its cheap and very potent :rotfl:

now  i am a football fan b4 i am a barca fan. that was not a game of football .chelsea was a team with star players playing real coward. i want them to play so at the bridge and see if they n get boo off the pitch by their own fans

Yeah I on drugs, ent?!!  But you talking bout Chelsea playing like that at home  :rotfl:

Fella that was a road strategy.  The idea being not to conceed any goals and try to capitalize on counter oppotunities.  You really think that will be the gameplan at the Bridge?!!  Salt fuh Barca an 3 in dey cont!!  Ah hope yuh mark dat dong eh!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »
did latas pick de local based players for training yet ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2009, 03:53:18 PM »
tactically barca didnt exploit the henry ivanovic match up enough. the man had to keep grabbing at henry shirt tail.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2009, 03:57:08 PM »

Hell yeah Chelsea in the driver seat. Chelsea played low and Barcelona defender still had problems with Drogba, no serious penetration in the middle and contained Messi and Henry on the side. Come on.

Onus on Chelsea is to WIN at home.  In order to WIN, they have to SCORE....something that they've had trouble doing pretty much the 2nd half of the season.  IMO, Chelsea is under more pressure than Barca in the return leg.  Heaven help them if they have to play catch up at all, because then they'll be fodder for Barca.

Neither team is "MY TEAM" but I am a fan of good football.  I hate to see a team that has the calibre of players as Chelsea does play BITCH FOOTBALL.  It's not necessary and it betrays a mindset of basic insecurity.  Some might call it "smart".  Not me.  For me, it's cowardly.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Chelsea play for penalties from the kick off in the return leg.  If dat is how yuh "win" at dis level....keep yuh "win".  I admit I have zero emotional investment in either side so "winning" isn't paramount for me as it would be say for T&T.  For me, the team that actually plays football instead of trying to deny the opposition of playing football would be my preference.

How much goals we score in the last 4 or 5 games?!  The way you state this you'd swear the blues in ah drought.

Last 5 home games for Chelflee  ;D

0-0 against Everton
4-3 against Bolton...Bolton?  WTF!!
1-0 against Man City...a nex weak defence
2-1 against Wigan
0-0 against Hull...relegation side

And again....daz HOME games eh... "BIG SIDE" ent? ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »

Hell yeah Chelsea in the driver seat. Chelsea played low and Barcelona defender still had problems with Drogba, no serious penetration in the middle and contained Messi and Henry on the side. Come on.

Onus on Chelsea is to WIN at home.  In order to WIN, they have to SCORE....something that they've had trouble doing pretty much the 2nd half of the season.  IMO, Chelsea is under more pressure than Barca in the return leg.  Heaven help them if they have to play catch up at all, because then they'll be fodder for Barca.

Neither team is "MY TEAM" but I am a fan of good football.  I hate to see a team that has the calibre of players as Chelsea does play BITCH FOOTBALL.  It's not necessary and it betrays a mindset of basic insecurity.  Some might call it "smart".  Not me.  For me, it's cowardly.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Chelsea play for penalties from the kick off in the return leg.  If dat is how yuh "win" at dis level....keep yuh "win".  I admit I have zero emotional investment in either side so "winning" isn't paramount for me as it would be say for T&T.  For me, the team that actually plays football instead of trying to deny the opposition of playing football would be my preference.

How much goals we score in the last 4 or 5 games?!  The way you state this you'd swear the blues in ah drought.

0-0 against Everton
2-1 against Wigan

what happen, yuh google button doh pick up champs league or wha?

which part the Liverpool 4-4 play?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »
for the sake of clarity, lets make some key distinctions between this game and the man utd v barcelona 2nd leg game from last season.

1. Man Utd were the favorite in that game and being lauded as playing the best football on the planet. Chelsea was a rank underdog in this one.
2. Man Utd were at home at Old trafford, Chelsea is away at Barca.
3. Barcelona was in free-fall domestically and the team was disjointed. The Barca team today is the world's best.
4. This was the 2nd leg where the result was on the line, not the 1st leg where the play is almost always more measured and tentative.

So man like sammy et al need to hold dey horse trying to get that bly. All the points above and yet still Man Utd came out last year and played the brand we saw from Chelsea today.

I'm not trying to be a hypocrite. Chelsea played some ugly stuff today and personally its not what I like to see.

But there's no need to try to exonerate the anti-thesis of football that Manchester played last season while they were in the driver's seat by comparing it with Chelsea this game. Apples and oranges.

Chelsea played to a game plan; a plan that recognized Barcelona as technically the better team and the need to use their advantage in the physical department, and they executed it perfectly. This a great result for them going into the second leg. And for all their brilliance, Barcelona still showed weakness today.. They got frustrated too easily and put off their game. I find they look kinda nervous and let their rhythm get upset when they coulda take their time and break Chelsea down.

On to the next leg...

Omar..I thought I read people  comparing the game to the manU v Barca 1st leg which was also at Camp Nou and also ended 0-0.

Also..I understand the difference between the two Barca squads' forms, but this Barca has won nothing yet. How are they the world's best? They can play some attractive football and blow out some sides...but they've also struggled against some mediocre La Liga sides. And no team in the top 4 in the EPL is a 'rank' underdog to any team on the planet. Chelsea was the underdog cuz but I'm still kinda amazed people tought it was gonna be a blowout. Plus we all know, it doesn't matter how good a team is..all that matters is how they match up against each other.and noone could tell how Chelsea was going to match up with Barca until they actually played

Also cannot hate on Chelsea. As much as I like attractive football, I also enjoy a good tactical battle. Didn't see the game, but sounds like others I've seen and probably would have enjoyed if I were a Chelsea fan. And at this stage...results also come first.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2009, 04:03:02 PM »

Doh study da imps, lmao like he fuhget de 7 we gih Liverpuddle is part ah de last 5 nah

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2009, 04:03:36 PM »
did latas pick de local based players for training yet ???

better yuh ask dat on the ManU v Arsenal thread tomorrow. Small Mag could tell yuh  ;)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »

0-0 against Everton
2-1 against Wigan

I was being kind.

You do realize if that score is replicated for the return leg, Chelflee is OUT!

But we all know it won't be.  Chelflee will be playing for penalties from the dressing room.  ;D

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2009, 04:16:55 PM »
I was being kind.

But we all know it won't be.  Chelflee will be playing for penalties from the dressing room.  ;D

Wha penalties boy outside wid dat eh!!  We will buss deh gullet in de Bridge!!  We eh ha no problems scoring (especially at home) and we know how to frustrate dem.  On top ah dat no Puyol and Marquez dong de middle!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »
I was being kind.

Wha penalties boy outside wid dat eh!!  We will buss deh gullet in de Bridge!!  We eh ha no problems scoring (especially at home) and we know how to frustrate dem.  On top ah dat no Puyol and Marquez dong de middle!!!

Good luck bro.  Allyuh go need it.  8)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2009, 04:20:43 PM »
I was being kind.

Ah sure plenty people thought we was gettin we ass buss at Nou Camp too and we woulda need luck.  Jus be ready fuh allyuh crow when Barca get dismantled at the Bridge.  Xavi will eat dat shit he talk bout being the better league too

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2009, 04:31:43 PM »
I was being kind.

Ah sure plenty people thought we was gettin we ass buss at Nou Camp too and we woulda need luck.  Jus be ready fuh allyuh crow when Barca get dismantled at the Bridge.  Xavi will eat dat shit he talk bout being the better league too

Hope fuh your sake yuh side make it thru.  Nex ting we have to issue amber alert fuh yuh ass if allyuh lorse... ;D

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2009, 04:38:29 PM »
I was being kind.

Hope fuh your sake yuh side make it thru.  Nex ting we have to issue amber alert fuh yuh ass if allyuh lorse... ;D

Nah I doh hide.  If ah use to all now I presumed dead after de nashville masacre :rotfl:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2009, 04:48:20 PM »
Gus is big coach fellas. Barca met a big side today. Watch Gus tactics at the bridge.
 Drogba and Anelka up front. Chelsea vs Arsenal final

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2009, 05:05:35 PM »
Gus is big coach fellas. Barca met a big side today. Watch Gus tactics at the bridge.
 Drogba and Anelka up front. Chelsea vs Arsenal final

:applause: :applause: :applause: thanks horse.... after men talk assness about the 4 and 5 barca was gonna put on Chelsea at the Camp Nou, they changing they tune now.... now we getting dismantled IN WE CRIB! haha.... pure tata.... No Puyol, No Rafa... Chelsea played their game plan TO PERFECTION.... Guus is a boss when it comes to tactics. He put out a game plan, players followed to the "T" and they got the result they were looking for...

Do these idiots really think that Chelsea will sit back at home and soak up pressure again, with Marquez and Puyol out...?  Plus, as Chelsea put out their 2nd team against Fulham this weekend, Barca will have Real Madrid running at them and their 4 point lead..... Football is a funny sport and anything could happen, but any fool could see that the advantage is with Chelsea for the second leg..... but go ahead and bump gums again nah... throw out all common sense, because HOPE; is all allyuh have now... they played into Chelsea's hands and were duly frustrated.... Barca only knows one way to play...  Chelsea (as we saw today) could play anyway they want to....  now we'll take them to the Bridge, tweek the tactics and slice they throat open....
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:53:22 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2009, 06:45:26 PM »
chelsea men does real skew shit to suit themselves boy......  ???

Chelsea watch Utd and see the way to play barca,  only we created a number of chances in both legs. The drogs chance was a mix up from marquez. What chance allyuh create today?

I dont understand y allyuh feel it necessary that Utd had to go to barca and try to play their style of football, esp  since we not accustomed to playing against that style day in and day out. We adjusted our style to get results. We scored early and then resorted to counter attacking football. If allyuh chelsea men want yuh side to play gungho and get rip up daiz allyuh, doh be talking bout Utd. We know when to play hero and when to play with tactics.

Anyhow, moving on.

1. A chelsea man say that chelsea had the best chance? nah, Bojan chance was the best, drogs chance was good but not best.

2. wouldn't hleb have been offside if Ballack wasn't down injured in the penalty box? diaz the only reason Hleb break through.

3. All the men who spoke about CR disappearing for big games last season, where was messi in the 2nd half today? - Big player does get mark of in big games by a number of big defenders.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2009, 06:50:44 PM »
"Anti football" gets the intended result...good game overall- a nail biter.

I still think Barca will come away from this one on top- will be difficult with a weakened defense, but they have enough fire power to do it.  What people seem to take forgranted is that Barca is a tactically precise team as well...and they can defend....

Chelsea will most likely not park the bus at S.Bridge so the game will be more open and I think Barca will win that battle.  Wasn't expecting a big victory for Barca in this one, but I thought they had enough to sneak one (or maybe two) past...On another day, Eto'o's one on one, Bojan's free header in the six, and Helb's break away would have yielded at least one goal....To their credit, Chelsea stood firm at the back, and in the 1st 45 they could have exploited Barca's only error and....that would have made the game even more interesting. (Drogba could count that as a big miss)...

Chelsea kept numbers around the ball, and Cech made some big saves...that pretty much sums it up...

On to the next round....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »
allyuh ent think Liverpool against Barca woulda been a better game eh?  :devil:

this game was too cagey
Chelsea might play for penalties
but then look what happen to them against Liverpool when they decide to sit back 1st half
once Barca score 1st..game over
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »
"Anti football" gets the intended result...good game overall- a nail biter.

I still think Barca will come away from this one on top- will be difficult with a weakened defense, but they have enough fire power to do it.  What people seem to take forgranted is that Barca is a tactically precise team as well...and they can defend....

Chelsea will most likely not park the bus at S.Bridge so the game will be more open and I think Barca will win that battle.  Wasn't expecting a big victory for Barca in this one, but I thought they had enough to sneak one (or maybe two) past...On another day, Eto'o's one on one, Bojan's free header in the six, and Helb's break away would have yielded at least one goal....To their credit, Chelsea stood firm at the back, and in the 1st 45 they could have exploited Barca's only error and....that would have made the game even more interesting. (Drogba could count that as a big miss)...

Chelsea kept numbers around the ball, and Cech made some big saves...that pretty much sums it up...

On to the next round....

Good synopsis. By the reaction of some of the Chelsea fans here you'd think this site had hundreds of Barca fans and everyone thought Chelsea was going to get blown out. I know everyone like to feel like the underdog, but I think I could count the number of Barca fans on this site on two hands. I could also count the number who (seriously) predicted a blowout on one. Barca was the favorite at the start of the day, but in the end you talking La Liga leader and 3rd in the EPL. The difference is minimal. I also think those who haven't watched Barca this season are doing them a disservice when saying they only know one way to play. It can seem that way when they are on top possession-wise, but they are a better away team this year and more solid defensively throughout the team. I am sure they will play very differently away, unless they have to chase the game.

Anyhow..relentless schedule continues...SUPERCLASICO next
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:27:27 PM by Filho »

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2009, 09:34:25 PM »
Chelsea's final hope

Chelsea have built a platform to reach Rome

Guus Hiddink has given Chelsea's mission to erase the memories of last season's Champions League final heartbreak fresh drive and direction - but they fell back on the old reliables of durability and defensive discipline to blunt Barcelona in the Nou Camp.

This was not the place, or indeed the opposition, for the fluid attacking game that dismantled Liverpool at Anfield in the quarter-final first leg or the defensive frailty that saw Chelsea concede four in the return game on home soil.

Hiddink's natural attacking instincts were reined in to deliver a game plan designed to contain Barcelona's glorious approach play and the deadly finishing of Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry and Samuel Eto'o.

It produced the required result - although a goalless draw is encouraging as opposed to decisive as a platform for when the sides meet again at Stamford Bridge next Wednesday.

Chelsea have proved they can hold Barcelona. Now they must prove they can beat them.

Barcelona enjoyed huge supremacy in territory and possession, but Chelsea's resilience plus outstanding performances from goalkeeper Petr Cech and captain John Terry, in front of England coach Fabio Capello, left an expectant Catalan gallery frustrated at the final whistle.

Terry set the tone for his team-mates, mixing vital interceptions with uncompromising defence to keep Barcelona at arm's length, and when they did pierce Chelsea's rearguard Cech was in no mood to be beaten.

Cech has faced justified criticism recently, especially after performances that combined uncertainty and eccentricity in equal measure against Bolton Wanderers in the Premier League and Liverpool in that wildly fluctuating Champions League clash.

But in Barcelona, some early trouble with crosses aside, this was the imperious shot-stopping Cech of old, providing a formidable barrier on the occasions when the intricate passing of Pep Guardiola's side navigated a route through Chelsea's massed ranks of defensive defiance.

Cech saved well from Henry in the first half, then after the break denied Dani Alves,
Eto'o and crucially Alexander Hleb in injury time. Chelsea were also accompanied by good fortune as well, with substitute Bojan Krkic somehow heading over with the goal at his mercy.

Chelsea's organisation and bravery meant they deserved the draw that has built a foundation for them to advance to a second successive final, and they could even have got an away goal themselves, with Barca keeper Victor Valdes making a superb double save from Didier Drogba in the first half and Michael Ballack heading over later on.

Hiddink is too wise and too experienced to send Chelsea out at the Nou Camp with orders to open up. He knew that would have been an open invitation to players of the calibre of Messi to kill his and Chelsea's Champions League ambitions stone dead.

Instead Chelsea set up for a war of attrition, although they did not help their cause with too many aimless long balls in the first half that only succeeding in presenting possession back to Barcelona.

But with each player following Hiddink's tactical orders to the letter, and with Jose Bosingwa clearly told to get even tighter to Messi as the game progressed, it is slight advantage to Chelsea ahead of the second leg.

Barcelona, however, still pose a massive threat and Chelsea's after-match words outlined the scale of the task awaiting them if they are to meet Manchester United or Arsenal in Rome in the final.

The La Liga leaders are such a potent threat that the odds may well be against Chelsea keeping them out at Stamford Bridge. And Barcelona know just a single goal in the return leg will leave Chelsea facing a massive task, although they face handicaps of their own with influential defender Carles Puyol suspended and Rafael Marquez out after injuring his knee.

Eto'o delivered a timely warning to Chelsea and made a telling point when he said: "They won't be able to play like they did today, just waiting on everything in their own half. Drawing at home is not a bad thing for the team. Playing away in the return leg just means we have to score that away goal that will settle us."

Chelsea's advantage is a slender one, but in Hiddink they have the coach for all occasions, a man with the tactical flexibility to meet the different demands they will face next week.

They will still require all his expertise and their own vast reserves of character to make that last leap to another final and a tilt at redemption following the defeat on penalties against Manchester United in Moscow.

...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2009, 11:44:50 PM »
thanks for the reaction Fliho
will do the same tomorrow

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2009, 05:23:25 AM »
Ah was down by the Port yesterday and ah see ah man in the line in full Barca kit i.e. hat, juzzy and a little bag for he football boots....ah had to try hard not to give him some picong.... :devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2009, 06:41:01 AM »
     I see men on here calling out Messi and comparing his poor game yesterday to cronaldo's many no-shows in big games.  Messi still have quite a few more no-shows to put away before he could catch up to bitchboy, so relax. 
     Chelsea did a superb job on playing defensively yesterday (I guess the so-called boring brand of football that they are so capable of really CAN'T be blamed on Jose 2 coaches later, can it?) and showed no intention on taking any chances against what was CLEARLY a far more technically superior and well balanced team in Barcelona.  If Chelsea had shown this kind of defensive commitment and discipline in three critical games in the EPL they woulda been well ahead in 1st place today.  I think what alot of people don't seem to acknowledge or realize in the Champions' League is that the EPL teams (except arsenal, for the most part) tend to get away with levels, styles and strategies of physicality that they always seem to get away with from the refs and what these continental teams never seem to be able to adapt to, whether it be their temperament or their styles of retaliation.  Chelsea were clearly the more physical of the two teams yet the yellow card count was even.....and it helped them earn that draw.
     Is Hleb a right-footer or a left-footer?  One thing IS obvous to me: he STILL 'fraid to shoot!! Why he didn't put away that ball when he first received it and again when he made a mockery of the fundamentals of shooting is beyond me.  Bojan totally wasted an opportunity when he decided to clear the ball for Chelsea rather than to head it down like he was supposed to......fundamentals again.  Eto'o was guilty of what some men accuse Barca and arsenal of: trying to be too cute/intricate/fancy when in front of goal when he tried to outsmart Petr Cech rather than put the ball away in the far corner like he's paid to do.  Fundamentals yet again.  That miss was even bigger than the other two, IMHO, after he did all that hard work and had the entire Chelsea defense (Cech included) at sprawled at his feet.  Credit to Cech all the same.  Had it not been for him, or had Barca put away any one or two of the glaring chances they had, alot of people would be saying alot of different things today.  Credit, too, to my boys, VV who made an excellent save on one of the only two chances that Chelsea had (he wouldn'ta stood a CHANCE had Ballack's header just had a tad bit more dip in it) and MJO/JOM who played his role very well in defensive midfield even if Chelsea still refuse to show what his offensive talents can yield.
     Is it me, or is Dani Alves, for all his ability, fast becoming (or already has been) one of them Brazilians, along with Jo, who like to make a meal out of every tackle a man ress on him?  Dem is fellas don't need to be giving in to all that shyte with all dey ability (but de nashy lil f***er have one HELLUVA right foot, though!!  ;D)
     How the linesman miss that pull on Henry is beyond me (WTF dem fellas does be lookin' at, N-E WAY?!?!)
Next Wednesday wll be a great game, and, unless Chelsea does more of the same and Barca continue to be wasteful in front of goal, this tie will be easily decided en favour of Barca.......CB's or NO CB's for Barca. 

Tommy Smyth not only chupid, but he as blind as a newborn.  He watch dat replay 'bout 4 times and couldn't tell is Alex shoulder to Henry jaw that had 'im out cold and not the head-t-head contact!......and couldn't STOP talkin' nonsense throughout the game.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2009, 07:46:03 AM »
Nah Chelsea eh do that bad. United had line/walls, Chelsea had group bid difference.

You serious....they playing a nice game. Everyone saying defensive, but it's not parking the bus. They giving the ball back to Barca and alet them play. Chelsea is picking their time in going forward.

What a shyte call on Ballack.

This is why nobody could take you serious when yuh talk about being objective. Last Year you was the chief in condemning United when barcelona had all the ball. Now Chelsea play a game where they actually have fewer chances and commit more fouls than United and it is suddenly a different ball game.

I agree that big teams don't play that way.

However, Chelsea defensive game was in the middle of the field not in the defensive end really. Chelsea happy in letting Barcelona have the ball why did they not make Chelsea pay for that? Chlesea still had the best chance of the game.

You really think Chelsea could not go at Barcelona? Look from the 30 minute in the 1st and the 75" in the 2nd and see the difference and ability in Chelsea being able to take the game to Barcelona.

Barcelona for their ability should have palyed faster, they were to methodical in their build up. Almost everyting they did you could see it coming.

Say what, we will see at Stamford Bridge.

And this is a classic.

Best chance? Yeah right. But even if you going with that delusion, last year United had a penalty, yuh can’t get a better chance than that yet they didn’t get no credit from you.

If Chelsea could go toe to toe with Barcelona, why didn’t they?
Last year yuh was using the fact that three Barca players had Tevez running ina  circle by the corner flag as an example of Barcelona's superior play. Now intricate passing and ball possession is a problem for Barcelona.

Serious question yuh does really believe what yuh does be talking? You really believe that what Chelsea play was in any way better then what United play last year?

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2009, 10:21:34 AM »
It was a plan to prove to Europe that barca can be shut out ....Chelsea have awoken a nerve in barcelona to remind them of what Man United did last year (maybe not in teh same style) but they shut them out at home and will look to DO THE SAME AT HOME WITH A CONSIDERED ATTACKING APPROACH...people dont be fooled CHELSEA WILL DEFEND AT HOME AND LOOK TO ATTACK ON THE BREAK WISELY...its not about "THE BEAUTIFUL GAME ...its about RESULTS and thats what GUUS is going for"-u heard it hear first

some key things to note
Barca-lost Marquez and Puyol...

Chelsea-Have Ashley Cole and Bosingwa back so now both wings will have something to offer on teh attack...barcelona will have to be weary of the threat of having these two Wingbacks go forward and look for teh Chelsea team to be strong at home AND VALDES WILL SHOW HIS WEAKNESS without the barca crowd (He has conceded in the last two CL legs away from home)

Chelsea team will look something like this (no surprises)

CECH
Bosingwa Terry Alex/Carvalho  Cole
            Ballack  Mikel   Lamps
Kalou                                   Flo
                 Drogba

Subs
ANelka-on in teh second half n will b as instrumental as he was against pool
Essien-on in tthe second half also to help plug the holes n stifle the attack

notice how i have the team so bunged together its cuz they will play to stifle the through balls as thy did at camp nou but the wingers will pose a threat to a barca defence tht MAY have a MARTIN CACERES ...a young defender who is a future star but for now still flawed..drogba will absue him

1]; } ?>