May 17, 2024, 07:04:07 AM

Author Topic: If you have any connections for a tryout link me.  (Read 38001 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If you have any connections for a tryout link me.
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2011, 07:45:18 AM »
anybody with ah decent average left foot should be seen in ah try out for T&T.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:47:41 AM by royal »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2011, 08:14:59 AM »
I disagree Lefty - Wise developed into a respectable footballer who made a decent career in the game...one that could not have materialized if he simply the player you describe.

He definitely had his bad habits but...

People forget that he played in the Bundesliga
BUndesliga 2 fella...thats like rating a man for playing in the championship in england. I will never forget Evans Wise back in the 90s, man rip 4 men on the wing, had Yorke waitin in the middle, stop, turn and beats back down to the half way line...Yorke watch the man like if he goin mad oui...after all that he loss the ball. That is my most vivid memory of Wise.

29.08.1999 - Bundesliga Matchday 3, SSV Ulm vs Borussia Dortmund

Line-up: SSV Ulm 1846
4-4-2:
Philipp Laux - Tamás Bódog    , Janusz Góra    , Uwe Grauer    , Janos Radoki    , Joachim Stadler    , Oliver Unsöld    - Oliver Otto    , Evans Wise    - Dragan Trkulja    , Hans van de Haar   

Line-up: Borussia Dortmund
3-4-3:
Jens Lehmann    - Evanilson    , Dedę    , Wolfgang Feiersinger    , Jürgen Kohler    , Christian Wörns    - Christian Nerlinger    , Miroslav Stevic    - Fredi Bobic    , Victor Ikpeba    , Giuseppe Reina   

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ssv-ulm-1846_borussia-dortmund/index/spielbericht_18176.html

Yuh rate him now fitz?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:24:48 AM by Peong »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2011, 08:17:29 AM »
Hello there, Newburgh's Mike Roopchandsingh
By Justin Rodriguez (varsity845.com)

September 16, 2008

Newburgh Free Academy's Mike Roopchandsingh is a slick two-footed striker, capable of quick moves and pretty goals.

And Roopchandsingh, a senior, is also stylish off the field: Just check out his long, flowing black locks. For Roop, just like his game, his hair is a form of expression.

We talked to Roopchandsingh, who already has six goals and five assists this year, about his game and his hairdo.

So what happened to the Manny Ramirez braids you were sporting early in preseason? "I had to take them out. I like having my hair loose. Braids kind of mess up my flow."

I know it's all in good fun, but you seem to catch some flack from your teammates about your hair. "Yeah, I hear 'You look like a girl, cut your hair.' But everybody has their own style. This is my style."

Where do you get your style from? "I like Ronaldinho. I just like how he plays, distributes the ball, his touch. His tricks. I also like Anderson (from Manchester United). I did the box braids like him."

Has an opponent ever tried to pull your hair during a game? "Yeah, not too often, but it has happened. I've gotten really mad about that. I was just like, 'Don't pull my hair.' That's something you just don't do."

What would it take for you to cut your hair? "Nothing, I'm never cutting it. I've had it for three years."

How about a state championship in exchange for a haircut? "No. I can't see myself doing it, I just can't."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2011, 08:38:37 AM »
mi jes look pon di video dey.. di indian bad.. Yute I neva hear bout yu.. But trus mi man.. yu gwan bad.. Yu have nuff talent yu hold di ball a lil too long but yu passes dey  nice.. I eh see why yu eh get a bligh yet  .. Like yu is one a dem Trini's who jes hearing dat Yu have sum trini in yu? anyway Yu good.. How come this yute nuh  dey pon di under 23 team.. Like TNT want america tek him or what.. Wid dat skill I suprise I eh see this yute or heard bout him.. wey him frm ? wey he live? wey he go to school? ... flex tallman we look likewe find di next latapy .. this yute badd.. 
war
Is latapy you say ,this kids runs tru sides like those old latas vids ,been a while since I seen a trini player do that .

yuh might want to get rid of that dancehall track in the background if is T&T you say you want to play for.......and the lyrics man jeez
Allyuh really know how tuh welcome ppl yes! ::) BTW ah notice you eh say nothing about the hip hop track, but the dancehall bother yuh right? ah sure if he had ah led zeplin track on his demo yuh wouldn't have said squat. allyuh west indian ppl have real issues boy.
Was thinking de same.
The song not right for the TTFF but it is appropriate cause he really is a bad man  .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2011, 08:40:55 AM »
Angus eve should have this kid info, he should be on the team immediately ent it.he might be the missing piece am excited over this prospect .
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:42:29 AM by Quags »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2011, 08:58:52 AM »
He did play in the Bundesliga check yah facts before yah talk
Sorry Bally, that I didn't consider 9 caps in the Bundesliga that significant.

It isnt that significant??

Steups......................you acting like if we have this big pool of players that normally play in the major leagues in european football.

So what i am getting here is that i said that he played in the Bundesliga.......then u corrected me and said that he didnt because he only played nine games there and that wasnt significant???

???  ???  ???  ???  ???  ???

The point that i was making when i said that he played in the Bundesliga was that he cannot be as "shitty" as some of u guys are making him out to be if he played at the highest level of Geman football.

Even playing in the 2nd tier of German Football is no disgrace, because right now, with the exception of a 32yr old Carlos Edwards, we dont have any players starting for teams in the top 2 tiers in any major football country.

If this player (Roopie) reaches the levels that Wise reached, then it would be a massive achievement.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:05:35 AM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2011, 09:00:18 AM »
I disagree Lefty - Wise developed into a respectable footballer who made a decent career in the game...one that could not have materialized if he simply the player you describe.

He definitely had his bad habits but...

People forget that he played in the Bundesliga
BUndesliga 2 fella...thats like rating a man for playing in the championship in england. I will never forget Evans Wise back in the 90s, man rip 4 men on the wing, had Yorke waitin in the middle, stop, turn and beats back down to the half way line...Yorke watch the man like if he goin mad oui...after all that he loss the ball. That is my most vivid memory of Wise.

29.08.1999 - Bundesliga Matchday 3, SSV Ulm vs Borussia Dortmund

Line-up: SSV Ulm 1846
4-4-2:
Philipp Laux - Tamás Bódog    , Janusz Góra    , Uwe Grauer    , Janos Radoki    , Joachim Stadler    , Oliver Unsöld    - Oliver Otto    , Evans Wise    - Dragan Trkulja    , Hans van de Haar   

Line-up: Borussia Dortmund
3-4-3:
Jens Lehmann    - Evanilson    , Dedę    , Wolfgang Feiersinger    , Jürgen Kohler    , Christian Wörns    - Christian Nerlinger    , Miroslav Stevic    - Fredi Bobic    , Victor Ikpeba    , Giuseppe Reina   

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ssv-ulm-1846_borussia-dortmund/index/spielbericht_18176.html

Yuh rate him now fitz?
nope lol

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2011, 09:13:11 AM »
He did play in the Bundesliga check yah facts before yah talk
Sorry Bally, that I didn't consider 9 caps in the Bundesliga that significant.

It isnt that significant??

Steups......................you acting like if we have this big pool of players that normally play in the major leagues in european football.

So what i am getting here is that i said that he played in the Bundesliga.......then u corrected me and said that he didnt because he only played nine games there and that wasnt significant???

???  ???  ???  ???  ???  ???

The point that i was making when i said that he played in the Bundesliga was that he cannot be as "shitty" as some of u guys are making him out to be if he played at the highest level of Geman football.

Even playing in the 2nd tier of German Football is no disgrace, because right now, with the exception of a 32yr old Carlos Edwards, we dont have any players starting for teams in the top 2 tiers in any major football country.

If this player (Roopie) reaches the levels that Wise reached, then it would be a massive achievement.

Listen fellas, I apologise if I got my facts wrong, but at the end of the day I just don't rate Evans Wise, sorry...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2011, 09:20:17 AM »
Some of allyuh watch ah man play a JUCO game and now calling for him to be on the National team...allyuh good oui

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
Some of allyuh watch ah man play a JUCO game and now calling for him to be on the National team...allyuh good oui
whats a juco game . and dont u think he good ?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
Besides how else can find and recruit players ,roopie might be a flash in the pan or he might be the real deal ,but unless Angus takes the chance for a try out we will never know .It not like we have a pro scouting program .Like how MLbaseball find talent in the dominican and vene .What a coach like Angus has to consider is if he wants to keep his job ,he has to add players to help him win games .And if  that means ,trying out unknown commodities then so be it .
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:56:55 AM by Quags »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2011, 09:57:44 AM »
Juco means junior college

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2011, 10:02:29 AM »

but andre d word shitty was never used....not by me anyways....I specifically remember using d phrase "lack of industry"........and I have never seen him in in his Bundesliga days, maybe he tempered dat annoyingly bad habit of killing plays for d sake ah personal gratification but I saw him mostly in d national setup and saw many many potentially deadly plays killed dead at his feet because he put his little circus act ahead of team goals, again in D NATIONAL SETUP

but ah goh stop now dis not what d thread is about.
I pity the fool....

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2011, 10:04:40 AM »
oh ok ,So for a 20 yr old like roopie is he at the approcriate level cause mep giving me the impression that hes at a lower standard than our 20 year olds .

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »
Want to say so much about all the BS negative post from so many so-called professional evaluators, scouts and coaches, who have all this experience and background to do proper assessments. However I would only be contributing to the BS within the wrong post..so best I jstfu,  bout that, as i self not in a position to link nobody right now... Will just say, good luck young fella, your trying here indicates some measure of desire & determination..positive

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2011, 10:50:05 AM »
... i self not in a position to link nobody right now... Will just say, good luck young fella, your trying here indicates some measure of desire & determination..positive

This is me right here... I not no professional evaluator or nutten, I juss like what I seeing from de yute and applaud him for putting himself "out there" opening himself up to criticism.  From the piece Tallman posted from 3 years ago it clear that pardna ent lacking in confidence, which is a great thing.  Stay humble and grounded, but have ultimate belief in yourself and your destiny and nobody will ever take that from you.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
The kid actually has shades of Sherwood. Nice first touch, good vision, ok speed. It would be interesting to see him play behind the forwards. Piece of advice though, be mindful of the music on your videos and also have a separate youtube channel from your personal footage. No need to handicap yourself.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2011, 11:28:46 AM »
IMO this guy has a lot of potential. He should have tried professional football at 17 or 18, but 20 is not too late. He has natural ability and has added a repetoire of his own moves (maybe copied, but still his own.) He has good vision, runs well on and off the ball and can pass well (from what we've seen). What stands him out for me is his energy and willingness to take a gamble and make a run off the ball. I'd like to see him in the ProLeague for half a season, learning the game and then we can see his true potential.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2011, 11:39:31 AM »
IMO this guy has a lot of potential. He should have tried professional football at 17 or 18, but 20 is not too late. He has natural ability and has added a repetoire of his own moves (maybe copied, but still his own.) He has good vision, runs well on and off the ball and can pass well (from what we've seen). What stands him out for me is his energy and willingness to take a gamble and make a run off the ball. I'd like to see him in the ProLeague for half a season, learning the game and then we can see his true potential.

Sign him up FS! ;D  He will be in T&T in January.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2011, 12:09:17 PM »
nice touches and vision... :beermug:

i have some connects, youthman link meh

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2011, 01:03:43 PM »
I like d yute man touches....ah go refrain from saying just yet that he does hold on to d ball too long....hadda see the rest of the team play.  He might be their most talented player and only real attacking option and may have a lot of resposnibility in taking the game to their opponents, so.....but he DEFINITELY have some vision and he did seem to pass the ball off just as often as he kept it himself.  Two things I WOULD recommend he work on is his speed and his shooting.  you can never have enough speed and the better the shooter, the more lethal a player like this will be.  A man who can pass well, dribble good and shoot, too, he go mash up defenses! Good luck, young man.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2011, 01:50:40 PM »
Michael Roopchandsingh (Roopie). Dan you are very talanted. Nice left foot. Where do you play at right now? i saw your Junior college won national championship this year. Seem like you are not playing there any more. Are you at another college finishing up your last two years. I looked at your face book page, if it's the correct page based on your name. I  really hope yuh will not turn out to be another wasted talented. Don't want to sould like i passing any judgment king but de way ah man present himself is very important expecially if yuh trying to mak it at a professional level. Remember yuh not there yet and you are trying to get there. Good luck and looking forward to a response. If yuh need some help[ and you are serious i know a few people that might be willing to help you. link meh back!!!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2011, 01:52:45 PM »
oh ok ,So for a 20 yr old like roopie is he at the approcriate level cause mep giving me the impression that hes at a lower standard than our 20 year olds .
If you read my very first post I did say de yute has some talent. However, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's understand the level of the clip that was posted. What he does in that game is impressive but against stronger opponents and smarter players how does he adjust his game? Is he locked into a mode where he always has to dribble? buh dat is besides the point. I could tell you most coaches when they look at a clip they look at it from the standpoint of what they don't see.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2011, 02:08:04 PM »
Sorry but i really have to laugh here,i still trying to understand why this post get so long,all the kid ask for is some connections for a tryout and is like he is being tried right here on the forum,peeps look at two pieces of video and could tell you he ready for national team duty,he like Evans Wise,Ronaldinho etc etc It have a lot of guys in T&T with that same kind of ability and more is just that they can't make a vidoe and send for nobody,go down in Toco,Manzanilla,Valencia,the North Coast etc etc  ;D

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2011, 02:12:11 PM »
Sorry but i really have to laugh here,i still trying to understand why this post get so long,all the kid ask for is some connections for a tryout and is like he is being tried right here on the forum,peeps look at two pieces of video and could tell you he ready for national team duty,he like Evans Wise,Ronaldinho etc etc It have a lot of guys in T&T with that same kind of ability and more is just that they can't make a vidoe and send for nobody,go down in Toco,Manzanilla,Valencia,the North Coast etc etc  ;D

Coops yu wicked LOL.  All jokes aside who have links, help the brudda out.  Sometimes das all yu need to make it big and in the end we could say we help someone.  :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »
My mom accused me of being a liar. I looked at her in the face & said, “tooth fairy, Santa Clause, Easter bunny.” & walked away like a boss.

Attitude is everything king!!! base on what you post on your Face book page above says alot about you. Change yuh ways youth man and then yuh might have some luck!! As said before yuh ent reach yet. good luck

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2011, 02:22:54 PM »
I is old school Trini...if yuh could talk to yuh mudder like dat and post it on facebook...what then would you tell a coach who is not related to you? Yuh jes raise a red flag dey.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2011, 02:44:29 PM »
detectives on the case boy .

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »
Ppl taking FB post and walking with it like is gospel oui...lawd...what next!  ::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2011, 02:54:21 PM »
Nah it ent that!! My thing is how ah man carry about him self says alot about him. De man good I never say he not good. However how many ballers come from trini that never make it because of attitude.

1]; } ?>