May 04, 2024, 03:58:30 AM

Author Topic: 15 year old killed in school  (Read 3215 times)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
15 year old killed in school
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:17:05 AM »
I eh see nobody talking bout dis on de forum today.  I pick up meh papers in front meh door dis morning an all ah see is dis woman picture an de look of agony said it all.  Meh heart break.  Imagine, yuh sen yuh chile tuh school and dey shoot him dead INSIDE de school.  Now whey yuh children go be safe?

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/217313
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Re: 15 year old killed in school
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 11:23:11 AM »
all now so I gorn troo oui...

who ever come to tell me this happen will have to catch me as I fall.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 11:28:08 AM »
all now so I gorn troo oui...

who ever come to tell me this happen will have to catch me as I fall.

an if yuh see de sweet lookin chile.  I eh read ah bad ting bout him.  Yuh know how it have some teenagers dat does put de self in harm's way, so ting like dis doh be such ah shock?  Nuttin so here girl.  It not right tuh bury yuh chile so.  It not right at all.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 12:09:09 PM »
I was driving in TO yesterday (in the area no less) when it hit de news.  Listened to the radio as event unfolded in de afternoon.

According to CBC today. the boy had been considered for a documentary about yutes living in the Jane/Finch area.  The plan was to follow three boys around and film dem but he was not selected for the final three they did follow.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 12:34:59 PM »
I was driving in TO yesterday (in the area no less) when it hit de news.  Listened to the radio as event unfolded in de afternoon.

According to CBC today. the boy had been considered for a documentary about yutes living in the Jane/Finch area.  The plan was to follow three boys around and film dem but he was not selected for the final three they did follow.

Isn't that something?  Might have been alive had he been.  Who knows.  But when is yuh time boy...it eh have nuttin dat could stop dat nah.  Is jes de "how" dat is tragic.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 01:18:48 PM »
I was watching CityTV this mornin and de were interviewing a parent...de man was confused on where or not he should pull his child out of that school completely. It real sad when yuh own chirren not even safe in de only place yuh think they might be safe other than home  :(

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 08:32:52 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20070528/ca_pr_on_na/high_school_shooting;_ylt=Aidfzv44aclV75XYvDilC7.kz3wV

PETER CAMERON May 27, 2007 10:08 pm

TORONTO (CP) - Two 17-year-olds are charged with murder in a shooting at a north-end school that left a boy dead and prompted calls for tighter gun controls and better security at city schools.
ADVERTISEMENT

The teens, who can't be identified under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, were charged Sunday with first-degree murder in last Wednesday's slaying of Jordan Manners, 15, at C.W. Jefferys Collegiate Institute.

One of the teens was arrested Sunday, police said.

The second surrendered to police Sunday night after a judicial order allowed distribution of his name and photograph.

Manners' family declined to comment on the arrests.

"We have no comment for the press right now," a woman who identified herself as the boy's aunt said Sunday evening. "The police have not spoken to us - we do not know anything."

Manners, a Grade 9 student, was shot and killed in a hallway at C.W. Jefferys, a school located near the Jane-Finch corridor, an area of Toronto noted for years for its high crime rate.

Unconfirmed reports have indicated there was a fight outside and that Manners was followed into the school.

Police were scheduled to hold a news conference Monday to release more details of the case.

The day after the shooting, Ontario politicians were calling on the federal government to get tough on handguns.

"We have seen too many shootings result in too many funerals for our young people," Premier Dalton McGuinty wrote Thursday in an open letter to federal party leaders, urging them to push through proposed criminal justice legislation and implement a "real ban" on handguns.

Handguns are already severely restricted in Canada, and a handgun registry has been in force for more than 60 years.

The value of allowing handgun collections should be reconsidered, said Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant.

Toronto Mayor David Miller called for an outright ban and recommended that handgun regulation should become an international issue.

Miller said the two sources of handguns in Canada are guns stolen from collectors and guns that come from the U.S.

Miller called on the U.S. has to take some real steps, or such tragedies would continue to happen.

The shooting also saw the finger of blame pointed at lax school security.

The Toronto District School Board doesn't intend to install metal detectors, board assistant superintendent Donna Quan said Thursday.

Metal detectors aren't foolproof, and students can bypass them by taking different doors, she said.

C.W. Jefferys is already on a list of Toronto schools scheduled to have security cameras installed.

Of the 109 high schools in the Toronto District School Board, 65 have security cameras.

Board trustee Stephanie Payne said Thursday such incidents will happen anyway, "whether there are cameras or not."

Manners' friends and family gathered at a park near his home on Saturday to pay tribute to the gifted arts student.

In addition to the music and food, there was also a small donation box to raise funds for the boy's funeral.

A service is scheduled for Thursday at 11 a.m. at the Christian Centre Church in Toronto.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 09:04:01 PM »

Two suspects in custody in Manners murder

Toronto police have two suspects in custody in the fatal school shooting of 15-year-old Jordan Manners.

A 17-year-old boy was apprehended on Sunday and charged with first-degree murder after emergency task force officers swept down on a number of residences in the city's west end.

The suspect is to appear at the Finch Avenue courts on Monday.

Police had been seeking a second suspect who had been considered armed and dangerous.

The 17-year-old youth turned himself into police late Sunday night. No court appearance date is yet available for him.

Neither youth can be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

Investigators remained tightlipped about the raids on Sunday. A news conference is scheduled for Monday.

Manners was gunned down on the second floor of C.W. Jefferys Collegiate Institute on Wednesday afternoon. The shooting prompted a four-hour school lockdown.

The gunman fled the scene and no weapon was found. Police did not release a description of the suspect, but said they anticipated a quick arrest in the case.

Manners' mother Lorraine Small watched as police officers made a number of arrests on Sunday. Residents shouted at police and reporters, saying the wrong people were being apprehended.

One boy taken into custody was one of Manners' good friends.

"Jordan was like a brother to him," Small said.

Forensic investigators searched a number of residences and carried out bags of personal belongings.

Police had warned residents in the victim's Jane-Finch neighbourhood not to hide the shooter, and called for anyone with information to contact police.

On Friday night, police brought in a teenager for questioning. That teen was believed to have been an accomplice in the shooting.

Police have not yet commented on a possible motive for the slaying.

A visitation for Manners will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, while the funeral is set for Thursday.

Classes at C.W. Jefferys are set to resume on Monday.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 10:26:15 PM »
Really sad. Today i saw another article in the papers where a 14 year old was caught with a gun in school....which was given to him by his step father...cuz he said he needed protection. The world gone mad yes. You go give your child a gun to go to school?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 06:34:15 AM »
Really sad. Today i saw another article in the papers where a 14 year old was caught with a gun in school....which was given to him by his step father...cuz he said he needed protection. The world gone mad yes. You go give your child a gun to go to school?

i'm sure the step father is 21 years :-\

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 08:36:37 AM »
what happens with these shooters? There is hoopla when the shooting happens, more hoopla when they are caught then total silence...

What happened to the man who shot that woman in her face on New Year's Day this year?

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 11:48:56 AM »
what happens with these shooters? There is hoopla when the shooting happens, more hoopla when they are caught then total silence...

What happened to the man who shot that woman in her face on New Year's Day this year?

Well, according tuh what ah read so far, de fellas/boys dey arrested was frens wid de boy dey shoot and even de dead boy mudder saying is not dem.  Not sure if ah did read dat part right but in any event, I not surprise dat de shooter(s) knew him.  And young boys too eh because yuh know dey cyar show we de face or call de names.  Two more mothers cryin!!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 10:59:15 PM »

Well, according tuh what ah read so far, de fellas/boys dey arrested was frens wid de boy dey shoot and even de dead boy mudder saying is not dem.  Not sure if ah did read dat part right but in any event, I not surprise dat de shooter(s) knew him.  And young boys too eh because yuh know dey cyar show we de face or call de names.  Two more mothers cryin!!

reminds me of that saying "with friends like these who needs enemies?"

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 09:14:34 AM »
Look at chupidness ...

a bunch of punks who have no respect for their community

double steups

Gunshots fired near Manners' home, hours after Jordan's funeral

Friday, June 01, 2007 - 09:07 AM, By: Carl Hanstke and 680News staff

Toronto - Gunshots were heard in the Jane and Finch area on Thursday night, just hours after 15-year-old Jordan Manners - who was shot and killed in the hallway of his North York high school last week - was laid to rest.

Police told 680News, bullets were were sprayed into the air at around 10:30 p.m., in the townhouse complex close to Manners' neighbourhood

According to police, it estimated that at least 30 shots were fired from at least three different guns.

One bullet struck the outside brick wall of a townhouse, closed to the Manners' home, but police said they do not believe it was a gun fight.

It appeared that a group shot bullets into the air to either pay tribute to Manners, or to taunt his family.

Residents have expressed their outraged, amidst Manners' mother's pleas to end gun violence. "He was shot by a gun...have some respect for the dead," one resident said.

About 1,500 mourners attended the funeral for Manners at the Christian Centre Church Thursday morning .

An overflow of mourners filled part of the parking lot when space in the church became limited.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »
Look at chupidness ...

a bunch of punks who have no respect for their community

double steups

Gunshots fired near Manners' home, hours after Jordan's funeral

Friday, June 01, 2007 - 09:07 AM, By: Carl Hanstke and 680News staff

Toronto - Gunshots were heard in the Jane and Finch area on Thursday night, just hours after 15-year-old Jordan Manners - who was shot and killed in the hallway of his North York high school last week - was laid to rest.

Police told 680News, bullets were were sprayed into the air at around 10:30 p.m., in the townhouse complex close to Manners' neighbourhood

According to police, it estimated that at least 30 shots were fired from at least three different guns.

One bullet struck the outside brick wall of a townhouse, closed to the Manners' home, but police said they do not believe it was a gun fight.

It appeared that a group shot bullets into the air to either pay tribute to Manners, or to taunt his family.
Residents have expressed their outraged, amidst Manners' mother's pleas to end gun violence. "He was shot by a gun...have some respect for the dead," one resident said.

About 1,500 mourners attended the funeral for Manners at the Christian Centre Church Thursday morning .

An overflow of mourners filled part of the parking lot when space in the church became limited.

yeah...ah hear dis on de news dis morning.  Now dey didn't mention de taunting part eh but ah say tuh mehself, dis chile died from ah gunshot and yuh go fire more gunshots tuh honour him?  Now what madness is dat.  Whether tuh honour or tuh taunt, ah hope dey dem fools yes.  Damn ridiculous.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 03:11:13 AM »
is there any motive to this killing yet ?

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 05:49:29 AM »
is there any motive to this killing yet ?

Haven't heard anything yet.

1]; } ?>