May 10, 2024, 11:51:56 AM

Author Topic: Time for Wenger to go  (Read 5860 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Time for Wenger to go
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 06:15:52 AM »
Madness :o

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 10:29:45 AM »
there was an article this summer about how Arsenal policy is strictly youths and no setta big name, expensive players.
Building that stadium was a big gamble.
Money very low now, so they relying on Wenger to work miracles.
Once they can play Champions league ball until they can get back afloat financially (2-3 years), they will be very happy.
Remember they not owned by billionaire magnates like some of the other top teams...
Different circumstances, so different strategy.
I am sure the Arsenal boardroom is not having sleepless nights over their form...

It must be really frustrating to be an Arsenal supporter tho.

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 11:55:34 AM »
Do we know for sure that Wenger is pulling all the strings?  How do we know that it's not certain restrictions (budgetary and otherwise) that put him in a position where he has to go beyond the beaten path for talent...Why are we chalking it up to ego only when it's pretty obvious that injuries to key players (e.g. Rosicky, Adebayor, Eduardo, Van Persie, ) add to his predicament.  Last season Arsenal lost the league by 4 points and it only slipped away from them in the 2nd or 3rd to last game of the season...and it was clear that injuries to Rosicky, Eduardo & Van Persie (arguably their 3 bigges players) were a huge factor in the inconsistency down the stretch.  Take C. Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez/Berbatov out of Man U's line up and I'm sure they will struggle to adjust...Take Chelsea's 3 biggest players out of the picture and it's probably the same... In yesterday's game the biggest stone pullers were Gallas and Silvestre (and they not young)..

I agree some experience and depth in Arsenal's line up would be a huge plus, but chalking it up to Wenger's ego is presumptive, overly simplistic and possibly unfair....

leave chelsea outta dat..

last year they lost drogba, lampard, essien, terry and cole at crucial times and for long stretches in the campaign yet they still run man utd down to the wire... even essien and ferreira was playing central defence at a point.. arguably the only reason that man utd win the title is that they were the luckiest with injuries.

....and ah bet yuh if the Chelsea pundits had to give an account of their season, they would attribute bumps in the road somewhat in part to having to juggle players around due to injury.. (and of course managerial turmoil despite Grant's record being just as good if not better than Mourinho's)
Just saying that missing your most influencial players will have an adverse effect on any team....

Whether or not Chelsea has more depth than Arsenal to lessen the magnitude of their bumps is a different conversation- to which I've already suggested that Arsenal could use more experience & depth.

kicker dont feel i am making an attack on you ...but seriously any person who is a REALISTIC chelsea pundit (which i like to belive myself to be) would choose not to take the stance of the blame game on managerial change from Early in the season
you have a case of missing ur most influencial players (mourinho though his effect was talked about till after the end of the season was really not a realistic point when it came to playing for the title)...the boys will have to look at the result at wigan where we let heskey score in extra time to snatch 2 points from us and take destiny out of our hands and at the last game against bolton..Or the Cl final where the grass was maybe just a Lil TOO greener or wet for the other side ..basically when it comes down to the business end of playing football a professional on the field only tries to do his best and forgets the off field and behind the scene matters (as humans how well thy do tht is up to them)

as for pertaining to the subject Wenger shouldnt go but he should realise that maybe a lil experience is needed...a Hard steel man like viera in the middle to settle the nerves when a team like villa is bombarding u with attacks....a deffender who makes it clear to even captain gallas and toure that they have to play A game or they will be replaced (like agger and skrtel did at pool with caragher and hyppia)...ive heard talks of derossi coming but i doubt it ..he is prolly another one team roman wonder..(e.g totti)...My advice to arsenal fans is to stop looking to Benzema to come....of course he seems like a obvious candidate he is Young..skilfull and he speaks french (seems like ramsey and walcott the only two youngsters or players period  who dont speak a second language) with Adebayor...Van persie...Bendtner that is too many tall skillful forwards and they will stiful each other....maybe wenger could bring in a man like gattuso or somebody who box to box and makes no secret that his business is to boss the midfield ....not a finese player but who could obviously teach men like diaby and song who are capable of filling the role how to have the finese and hard nose style of play (if mikel was in this team or diarra still there then i think they would have had more solidity in the middle even with both palyers having faults in their game)

As for the main question....Wenger has won a title....been to the CL final...and saw countless cups...not to mention a standard of football In the World where only barcelona and roma were able to replicate (chelsea and man u now to some extent too)...ATRRACTIVE foOTBALL....

last year the problem was finishing and depth...he did enuff to build the invincibles he CAN do it again...

but if Wenger deserves a thread like this then i expect to see one for Rafa Benitez who is yet to win a English Premier League medal...

(imagine all this advice for the bloody periods of london) from a chelsea fan...alyuh gyul teamz and periods  (3/4 big 4 wear red) does real need we help oui lol (relax fellas is jus kikz)

scene...

but it's a results business... and if he was managing Burnley up till that point he would have got the chop (based on the way managers like Ian Dowie have seen the revolving door)...

I her what you are saying, but still if you're only as good as your last result then, taxi for Mr. Wenger...

Remember last season... everything to play for then nothing at the end, empty handed?...

they need to take stock...
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »
As an Arsenal fan it is getting frustrating.  They play beautiful football, dominate posession but then lose.  I won't call for Wenger to go but I think he needs to do something.  I think the reason why Chelsea and ManSHITster United are more successful is because they have more of a killer instinct than Arsenal.  Wenger needs to instill more grit in his players.

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 02:44:06 PM »
definitely has to go

1)Money is not an issue

asked in an ceremony honoring him and Ferguson asked what players he would buy given 100 million dollars the man say he will give it back yes

Arsenal Chairman has said that if Arsene Wenger ever came to him and said that he needed a player worth 30 million dollars he would get it no qusetions asked

Forbes magazine has described the Emirates  as a" gold mine"

2)Arsenal has become a feeder club

lets be serious Arsenal grooms talent for the rest of the world

3)The man refuses to admit he's wrong

he gave away last years title buy not strengthening the squad in January

more points to come

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2008, 02:48:23 PM »
His ego (also known as Arsenal's firm "youth" policy) is what is keeping us down.

He has to prove to the world that he can win with these handpicked youngsters when a more balanced team would do wonders. 

Even Fabregas said that recently.  At 24 he is a veteran on the team.  Steups

A young team will always be inconsistent.  Lose to Stoke the week before. Beat Man Utd last week. Lose to Aston Villa this week.

Time for Wenger to go.

Totally disagree  he's building a young team and it takes time he will lose some and he will win some in a few years when his team tearing up everything in sight ...I hope you remember this article...they play an attractive buildup style but I think they are weak in front of goal and they obviously need to beef up their central defense.....I looked at Adebayor good yesterday .... the boy can score but he is not good with the ball at his foot in fact I think a few years back he was better he is no Henry and he can't create for himself..he is good but he is no where near as dangerous as Rooney and these guys neither is the dutch boy up front....Arsene needs to invest in a dangerous attacking forward (or two) and some central defenders  their most dangerous attacker is Theo and to me he is the most dangerous on the wing where he can use his pace. He needs to look for a Benzema or a Pato or a Jones something like that

so Arsenal must remain trophy less for the next 5 yrs or so just for the players to get experience....let me tell you what will happen...players would get frustrated and leave..and that's exactly what's gonna happen next year with Fabregas

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2008, 09:05:41 PM »
His ego (also known as Arsenal's firm "youth" policy) is what is keeping us down.

He has to prove to the world that he can win with these handpicked youngsters when a more balanced team would do wonders. 

Even Fabregas said that recently.  At 24 he is a veteran on the team.  Steups

A young team will always be inconsistent.  Lose to Stoke the week before. Beat Man Utd last week. Lose to Aston Villa this week.

Time for Wenger to go.

Totally disagree  he's building a young team and it takes time he will lose some and he will win some in a few years when his team tearing up everything in sight ...I hope you remember this article...they play an attractive buildup style but I think they are weak in front of goal and they obviously need to beef up their central defense.....I looked at Adebayor good yesterday .... the boy can score but he is not good with the ball at his foot in fact I think a few years back he was better he is no Henry and he can't create for himself..he is good but he is no where near as dangerous as Rooney and these guys neither is the dutch boy up front....Arsene needs to invest in a dangerous attacking forward (or two) and some central defenders  their most dangerous attacker is Theo and to me he is the most dangerous on the wing where he can use his pace. He needs to look for a Benzema or a Pato or a Jones something like that

so Arsenal must remain trophy less for the next 5 yrs or so just for the players to get experience....let me tell you what will happen...players would get frustrated and leave..and that's exactly what's gonna happen next year with Fabregas

btw cesc not having a particularly good season

Offline jimbo

• I iz a Piper!
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 12:36:25 AM »
saving money is good particularly since we are technically still in a recession
I an I iz u and u..seen

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 10:44:03 AM »
Do we know for sure that Wenger is pulling all the strings?  How do we know that it's not certain restrictions (budgetary and otherwise) that put him in a position where he has to go beyond the beaten path for talent...Why are we chalking it up to ego only when it's pretty obvious that injuries to key players (e.g. Rosicky, Adebayor, Eduardo, Van Persie, ) add to his predicament.  Last season Arsenal lost the league by 4 points and it only slipped away from them in the 2nd or 3rd to last game of the season...and it was clear that injuries to Rosicky, Eduardo & Van Persie (arguably their 3 bigges players) were a huge factor in the inconsistency down the stretch.  Take C. Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez/Berbatov out of Man U's line up and I'm sure they will struggle to adjust...Take Chelsea's 3 biggest players out of the picture and it's probably the same... In yesterday's game the biggest stone pullers were Gallas and Silvestre (and they not young)..

I agree some experience and depth in Arsenal's line up would be a huge plus, but chalking it up to Wenger's ego is presumptive, overly simplistic and possibly unfair....

leave chelsea outta dat..

last year they lost drogba, lampard, essien, terry and cole at crucial times and for long stretches in the campaign yet they still run man utd down to the wire... even essien and ferreira was playing central defence at a point.. arguably the only reason that man utd win the title is that they were the luckiest with injuries.

....and ah bet yuh if the Chelsea pundits had to give an account of their season, they would attribute bumps in the road somewhat in part to having to juggle players around due to injury.. (and of course managerial turmoil despite Grant's record being just as good if not better than Mourinho's)

Just saying that missing your most influencial players will have an adverse effect on any team....

Whether or not Chelsea has more depth than Arsenal to lessen the magnitude of their bumps is a different conversation- to which I've already suggested that Arsenal could use more experience & depth.

taking out which big t'ree?

1]; } ?>