May 20, 2024, 08:54:14 AM

Author Topic: After Listening to the Interviews my oppinion is Poor Football Leadership  (Read 870 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lincoln and Corneal are probably 2 of the biggest football brains in TnT at least on experience and their discussions in the post game has exposed just how far off point they really are.

They are great people and I am not attacking their character but based on their reaction presented in their interview they are clearing not providing the necessary football leadership especially to our youth programs

Corneal

His whole point is that the players was unfit and they are in off season. He claims that the players do not have the necessary personal discipline to stay fit and are hence not national material.
Any idiot would tell you that as a player you cannot just "Stay Fit" If you have no team to play for, you would not be football fit no matter how many laps you run.
Corneal should know that, he is a FIFA Analysis Coach.

If we picking players to play in a national tournament who are based in the US and it is the middle of winter, There is no school football at this time so you cannot expect men to be match fit.
So is either you bring them in 3-4 weeks in advance to get them fine tuned or pick men who in mid season so fine tuning will be easier.

In fact these men are fit because most of them involved in the MLS tryouts some involved in the senior team try outs and they even had a camp and play some MLS teams so how much more fit you want to be.
These men and them Fit and the fit as they ever going to get they just might be less fit than the Haitians but I am sure they and not Unfit.

The bigger issue might be aclimitization to the Heat and humidity as the players are comming from the US in March to Trinidad which may be an issue.

What about the Trinidad based players? Them could not run ,was them fit? they in training with the national team months now?

Fitness test is not part of the pre tournament selection?

How the ass you go get up and talk about man not fit in the Year 2006.
Fitness is a given in professional football.
So much so the Word fitness means "Whether or not meh foot break up" It has nothing to do with how much laps you can run!

Lincoln Phillips

He has the philosophical view of life, which is nice for book writing and discussions but this is the here and now word we living in today.

1) Well if we did win it would have been a false indication.
" do the hard work now and Jesus will provide you the glory later"
The whole mentality that failure is ok as long as you on the right road has to be eliminated. If it was Brazil OK but not Haiti.

2) The society as a whole has a problem.
Your job is to fix the football let Manning and them worry about society.

3) Coaches in the Savanah have the players lined up and no movement and all that NSCAA, USFF Jazz.

This aint have nothing to do with shit., Your job is to take these players and get them ready for an International tournament, What you talking about football in the Savanah for.

What are we doing to ensure that these players are ready.

As technical director I expect direction for today that will be good for tomorrow as well.

My expectation is that Trinidad and Tobago will consistiently be able to beat any caribbean team consistiently at any level. And consistiently challenge for the top rankings in Concacaf.

Lincoln and them been preparing this team for months directly or indirectly, we went and add a whole bunch of US college top players  you go come and play a torunament AT HOME against DOMINICA and HAITI and fail.

imagine in this day and age Dominica almost beat we and Haiti totally out play we.

AT HOME

INSANE

Landon Donavan said it best when asked about his expectations for WCQ games in Central America.

" We expect to win all those games"

I expect that in a group with Dominica, Haiti and Trinidad and Tobago, that Trinidad and Tobago would win the group.

I dont expect to collect 4 and only score 2 last miniute consolation goals.

Neither Corneal or Phillips acted that suprised that we lost.
Poor Leadership , Poor Results!

Phillips want to keep the team together! All man jack would have get a pink slip!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good Post KND - Good Post. I heard that shit about when he passing around the Savannah, and men standing up- Static and Paradigm shift. A set a platitudes This group had everything in place for success and they mess up. Dominica you cant beat - For crying out loud.
 Bring in the foreign Coach. The jokers we have at home cant cut it.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i dont think lincoln was making that as an excuse but talking about the poor football attitude we have at all levels..If the movement is not taught off the ball from young they not gonna miraculously do it wen they older...
What he said makes perfect sense...we have to put the basics in from young...
jus my humble opinion
Back in Trini...

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think that Lincoln was trying to say that we have to improve from grass roots level.
People have been saying that for more than 20 years now but nobody doing anything to improve this.
Most Trini coaches need a  more professional approach to coaching.

1]; } ?>