May 20, 2024, 12:04:40 PM

Poll

Pick the three players to go to the WC and WHY?

Dwarika
12 (10.9%)
Jemmott
5 (4.5%)
Noray
6 (5.5%)
Baptiste
5 (4.5%)
Glasgow
6 (5.5%)
Henry
3 (2.7%)
Shakes
14 (12.7%)
Neaves
18 (16.4%)
Glenton Wolfe
1 (0.9%)
Antony Wolfe
2 (1.8%)
Rahim
7 (6.4%)
McFarlane
2 (1.8%)
Sealy
25 (22.7%)
Wise
4 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: May 14, 2006, 02:02:20 PM

Author Topic: What is YOUR 3 picks out of 14 players to go to the World Cup for T&T?  (Read 3242 times)

TrinInfinite

Pick you 3 players assuming that Beenhakker has picked a squad of 20 already, based on these selections, but you must say why you picked the player and what they will bring to the team.

goal keepers:

shaka, warner, jack and ince- juss assume 3 keepers are picked from these 4

defenders:

tallest, dog, sancho, cox, avery

midfielders:

edwards, yorke, latas, whitley, spann, birchall, samuel, theobald

forwards:

jones, john, scotland, glen

who will be added to this 20 players and who will make the biggest difference in the team, everyone's opinions.

the reason i pick rahim is bc he is a ball winner, a defensive mid, very good at possession and also passing and creating, but he is a defensive mid, which we need to fill birchall's role, glasgow i pick bc he is a player who can cover the right wing and has speed, dribbling skills and can cross, hardest well allyuh will talk 4 dis one but if he is back in shape and can start for JP, he will be a mid to come on for whitley or yorke bc he creates, makes space, holds possession and distributes the ball better than most, he will fill de void yorke leaves in the mid when yorke is subbed.

Vibes It up
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 12:08:26 AM by TrinInfinite »

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
I picking Sealy because he is ah man that needs to be groomed to take over fuh Stern when he days up with Internationals, and Rahim because he needs some kinda spark under he arse to get him out of this sourness that he in right now and the world cup might do that fuh him.  The res ah dem men ah never see dem play yet so I cyar pick none ah dem  (if dwarika fit and ready then he could go and maybe glasgow but that is it) so that is my pick right dey.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
I going with Neaves, Seally and Noray.

Neaves- He is talented and young. I think he is good to take along because he can bring something special (seniority/experience) to the under 21/23 team and maybe be a leader in the future for our senior team. He just need to work on his speed and crosses. He is a natural athlete and very skillful.

Seally- Seally a natural finisher, though it might not be fancy but he gets the job done. He seems to be in the right place at the right time as well sometimes. You need a player like that on your team.

Noray- Noray because he is quick and could take on defence. He is a player that you need also. He has a unique style as a striker. He has potential to finish, dribble and is lighting quick.

If i was a coach, I would want 3 type of strikers on my team. One that is very skillful and good at finishing, one that could finish (any means necessary) but not that skillful and then a big target striker who could hold off the ball from big defenders and/or lay it off for the midfielders. He is will only come in for certain games to match up with big defences. I think i would be able to blend them in properly.

In short, the main reason why I would carry these 3 players is because they are all young and we need to take along some youngstars to the WC. In turn, they can bring that experience and help us qualify for the next World Cup.

This is just my opinion. That's why I am not the coach!  ;D

Kingman

« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 12:40:58 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Yuh forget Cyd Gray from yuh list of players who going for sure!!

The other two players should be Atiba Charles ( cause we need more cover for those two central defenders at the back) 

and kevon neaves (who i believe is a nice option on the left, and plus he young)

Ah not picking Rahim cause we done have 8 midfielders already!!

Sealey and Glenn is ah toss up!!

Shakes might get a squeeze in as back up for carlos.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yuh forget Cyd Gray from yuh list of players who going for sure!!

Yeah I would replace Theobald with Cyd Gray on your list of sure picks.  Theobald is far from a certain pick at this stage because of how his situation turned out at Falkirk and also because Samuel and Neaves have come in and staked their claims for two of the midfield places.  Don't forget when Beenie was giving Theobald some playing time it was mostly out of position on the left.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I pick henry, shakes and hardest.

1.Henry is cover for Avery in the left wingback position.

2.Shakes is an option on the right wing.

3.Hardest is an option in the right midfield.

All of the above players are options and as such are not guaranteed a starting position.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Pick you 3 players assuming that Beenhakker has picked a squad of 20 already, based on these selections, but you must say why you picked the player and what they will bring to the team.

goal keepers:

shaka, warner, jack and ince- juss assume 3 keepers are picked from these 4

defenders:

tallest, dog, sancho, cox, avery

midfielders:

edwards, yorke, latas, whitley, spann, birchall, samuel, theobald

forwards:

jones, john, scotland, glen

who will be added to this 20 players and who will make the biggest difference in the team, everyone's opinions.

the reason i pick rahim is bc he is a ball winner, a defensive mid, very good at possession and also passing and creating, but he is a defensive mid, which we need to fill birchall's role, glasgow i pick bc he is a player who can cover the right wing and has speed, dribbling skills and can cross, hardest well allyuh will talk 4 dis one but if he is back in shape and can start for JP, he will be a mid to come on for whitley or yorke bc he creates, makes space, holds possession and distributes the ball better than most, he will fill de void yorke leaves in the mid when yorke is subbed.

Vibes It up

Doh mean to be too ritical but...Rahim a ballwinner?....madness granted Ii give him credit when his offensive game isnt on (and sadly that's been for a long time now) he does attempt to work hard defensively but because he is not a naturally a defensive player he gives away alot of fouls and such not exactly the definition of the defensive mid.
Secondly when yorke comes off hardest is the man to replace him? so who is latapy chopped liver?
Hardest doesnt give anything positionally or defensively or strength wise that yorke gives you might wanna stop making decisions based on how they look on paper.Latas dont give the same defensively or strenghtwise as yorke but he gives the same positionally and more in terms of creativity.
Glasgow because he has speed and skill and can cross?How many players in trinidad can do that  thats not why he isnt on the team he has been given chances look at what he adds defensively look at how he functions with the other players  around him and simply look at if he produces....cmon people we've been following this team too closely to come up with these weak assessments...So far the only two men I'd consider would be sealy and neaves and neaves only because he is one for the future he hasn't impressed me yet but he has potential after stern sealy is our most natural finisher his positional awareness makes him very dangerous

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sealy, shakes and neaves

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Neaves, Sealey, Wolfe (G).

That list make it real easy because most of them men are past it as far as the National Team is concerned.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 08:39:58 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
julius, kevon and sealy
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What is YOUR 3 picks out of 14 players to go to the World Cup for T&T?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 09:08:01 AM »
g wolfe....rahim....henry
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 09:10:03 AM »
how alyuh forgeting cyd gray so??
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 09:33:16 AM »
 neaves>>>>>>>>> young full of potential only getting pick ontop tinto because of physical presence

kerry baptiste>>>>>>  strong great passer composed no nonsense direct sub for birchall or whitely leaving denzil to sub in for a wider role

sealy>>>>>> i think u shuld exchange his name with that of glenn cuz glenn though skillful out of favour sealy brings the same pace just a lil less composure
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 10:17:15 AM »
shakles sealy neaves cause of their youth.
we badly need good young players and fast.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 10:23:17 AM »
Ah went with Neaves and Shakes because yuh miss out Gray in de defense.. Ah tink de back solid and de attack solid what we may need is ah lil flavor in de middle and de youths cud bring this ... they have nutten tuh lose and everything tuh gain and ah think they cud easily adapt tuh Leo plan

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 08:33:59 AM »
yes my bad, grey have to be there, that was my mistake, i knew i was 4getting someone, so theobald will be replaced, however ngozi rahim is a ball winner, i class him as a defensive mid bc rahim hasnt been an offensive threat for a while, to me he is naturally a def mid, as for glasgow, he has speed and ability to cross, ive seen him do it many times

now everyone knows from the cac qualifier neaves is gone from his performance, so people who pick neaves better throw that idea away one time

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 08:57:53 AM »
well exchnage my neaves with wolfe d striker

alot of pace i think beenie cud make him adapt to the left side reall easy
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 03:32:35 PM »
  For me I want Shakes, Noray and Sealy. Them fellas young and quick and have lot of potential these players just need grooming, talent without a doubt is there. Just proper grooming under a Professional coach.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 04:10:17 PM »
Hardest anbd Dwarika allll de way. :devil:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 04:39:57 PM »
Sadly I have not seen a lot of the home based play, so I am not really qualified to make an opinion. But since when that ever stop anybody on this forum ;D

GKs...Ince...Shaka and Jack (might replace Jack with Warner,  but need to see more of him)

DEfs...cox...T.Man...Dog...Grey..Rojas

Mfs....Yorke..Latas..Birchall...Edwards..Whitley..Samuel...Spann (Yorke is an alternative fwd, Whitley an alt def. and Spann an alternate right back..thus giving us greater depth)

Fwds...John, Jones..Glenn, Scotland

That's 19 players for sure...so who for the next four?

Defs...Avery John,

Fwd...Sealey...

I am at a loss as for the final two...but certainly..Jagdeosingh, Norway, Rahim, Dwarika and Wolfe should be looked at.

I have to wonder about Theobald...he had a great debut, but has looked ordinary since then.

Hector Sam may not be sufficiently recovered from his broken foot. He would be a great option as winger or fwd off the bench.

We need at least two players with real speed there at all times to take advantages of gaps. Sealey have it...a recovered Sam would have it....certainly Glenn and Scotland has some as well.

I think what Beenie should have done earlier was to make up a local 11 of the best U -20s and the srs. on the verge of the team...and have them play some regional competition...eg...Guyaa, J'ca, Haiti etc.

Sadly, Jerron Nixon has been overlooked. Fast and skillful, he can play on the left.

However, in addition to Glenn and Scotland, I want to see two other players with speed on the side.

Glasgow have skills for so...but simply can't pass.

Peace,
VB

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 04:45:05 PM »
dont be surprised if hayden tinto gets a call up to train with the locals on the  senior team....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 04:56:40 PM »
dont be surprised if hayden tinto gets a call up to train with the locals on the  senior team....

He could get call up to trian....BUT.....he plays striker and that's one area that we not lackin fuh players.  He eh makin de squad in front of Stern, Kenwyne, Scotland, Sealey or Glen.  However, the experience will do him some good IF he gets called up in trute.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>