May 17, 2024, 08:00:17 AM

Author Topic: which one will it be.....  (Read 4425 times)

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
which one will it be.....
« on: May 10, 2006, 04:28:01 PM »
ppl i all for caribbean unity an ting eh..but 4 the WC wat anthem will be played ours or this west indian anthem???

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: which one will it be.....
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 04:30:06 PM »
ppl i all for caribbean unity an ting eh..but 4 the WC wat anthem will be played ours or this west indian anthem???
Don't ask dotish questions man....if they play that shit it go have riot...
This is WE time not WI time

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 04:42:44 PM »
Ah lil observation.......nobody doh really take on TT elsewhere in the caribbean. And whenever there is anything to do with another island, any accomplishment, success or whatever, they doh ever talk bout "WI" or "Caribbean". So I doh understand why we have to tote de caribbean on we back with our lil success now. No hard feelings, but this is TT time. When Jamaica went to the World Cup, there was no "caribbean" nothing, it was all Jamaica. So leave us let us enjoy our lil time to shine.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 04:51:33 PM »
T&T Anthem
we doh business bout nobody

------------talk done-----------------

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 05:40:11 PM »
Ah lil observation.......nobody doh really take on TT elsewhere in the caribbean. And whenever there is anything to do with another island, any accomplishment, success or whatever, they doh ever talk bout "WI" or "Caribbean". So I doh understand why we have to tote de caribbean on we back with our lil success now. No hard feelings, but this is TT time. When Jamaica went to the World Cup, there was no "caribbean" nothing, it was all Jamaica. So leave us let us enjoy our lil time to shine.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 06:46:12 PM »

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 I can not agree with you more,how could anyone ever entertain that thought is beyond my wildest dreams,by the way where this "WI"/"Caribbean" nonesense come out,nobody likes us is we does like everybody,we don't know if or when we will get there again let us enjoy our successes for ourselves.What's wrong with some ppl .

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 06:50:03 PM »
Nothing wrong with caribbean brotherhood or whatever. But I tell you now, if was Barbados, Jamaica, Grenada, any of them, they was never mentioning caribbean nothing, other than to say they are an island nation in the caribbean.

Why are we always so hurry to claim brotherhood with the other islands, when most of them cannot stand us? Not saying we should be hostile, but why are certain people trying to lose our trini uniqueness in an effort to appear to the outside world that we are one unified caribbean. We're not.

gives Love.

[

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 06:51:58 PM »

Well said.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 06:57:20 PM »
I will give allyuh an example that really open my eyes, even more so than my trips to other caribbean islands.

Went to a fete last year in London. It was being thrown by Martin J and crew, Colours I think it was called. For whatever reason, we ended up in the back, on some steps, over looking the crowd. With the exception of two Destra songs and a couple Machel songs, everytime a trini song play, de WHOLE CROWD stop dancing. It was really blatant. When the DJ's playing they wild Grenadian/Antiguan wuk up songs, they all over the floor. But from the time a trini song came on, all movement stop.

Let us promote TT. All who want to jump on the band wagon, I say piss off. They doh need any more promotion, they do that enough as it is. Remember, tourism is their life blood, so they are quite experienced at advertising themselves. We already fund the economies of half the caribbean, and the other half, their businesses are funded by our banks. Nuff aid and grants and bonds posted on our local stock market. Yuh want to claim some of our world cup glory too? Dat is over doing it.

gives Love.

[

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 07:03:54 PM »
I sey 2 anthem.. why cant we sing 2 anthem..show de rest a de carribean we aint bad mind like A certain Island..
"West Inidan Pride"

warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 07:13:50 PM »
I sey 2 anthem.. why cant we sing 2 anthem..show de rest a de carribean we aint bad mind like A certain Island..
"West Inidan Pride"

warmonga..

No probs...... for de Cricket World Cup!

Not dis rounds papi. After the WC, we could play "all ah we is one family" all they want. It was not "West Indies" qualify for the world cup. So why should it be a WI anthem sung during a TT match. It was not the right forum for that.

gives Love.

[

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 07:16:32 PM »
fuh real no west indian anthem
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 07:35:41 PM »
I probably away from home too long. What exactly is the West Indian anthem? Is it David Rudder's (spelling) Rally round the WI?
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 07:39:01 PM »
Why are we even carrying on with this argument???

Trinidad's anthem will be played in Germany.
It was a Trinidad team that qualified for the WC.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »
I probably away from home too long. What exactly is the West Indian anthem? Is it David Rudder's (spelling) Rally round the WI?

Nah, they invent some WI anthem, and sang it for the first time at the beginning of the match BEFORE they play the TT anthem. I think they launch that for next year's cricket wrold cup.

But they wrong on two counts:
a) This was not the event, time and place for that
b) If they had to do it, no way should it have been played before our national anthem.

gives Love.

[

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 07:44:25 PM »
RED WHITE AND BLACK......FULL STOP
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 07:49:44 PM »
Aye man it have a debate going on right now in the US to have the US national Anthem sung in Spanish,it causing all kind of bachanal ppl going nuts over it,what this place coming too,i went to school i got so much licks to learn our national Anthem of which i'm proud off,don't come and tell me know i have to learn another one,anything other than that i sitting down when it playing. :rotfl:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 07:53:29 PM by Coop's »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 07:57:07 PM »
"West Inidan Pride"

warmonga..

Keep dat 2 anthem shit.  T&T mek it to de World Cup...not de flikkin Caribbean.  When de Caribbean make it to de WC...den sing dem anthem.  De Caribbean never help we to get World Cup.  Matter of fact...most a dem (exceptions like willi, lazie etc) did downright back bahrain to beat we and vex to dis day we goin.

HDMC!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 07:59:25 PM »

Nah, they invent some WI anthem, and sang it for the first time at the beginning of the match BEFORE they play the TT anthem. I think they launch that for next year's cricket wrold cup.

But they wrong on two counts:
a) This was not the event, time and place for that
b) If they had to do it, no way should it have been played before our national anthem.
[/size]

U fas becomin my hero yes.  It have 2 ODI cricket match in Trinidad comin up on de weekend....yuh tellin meh dey coulnd't wait and play dah "anthem" den?  TOTAL TATA GOIN ON!

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 08:32:16 PM »
I wonder who is responsible for this Anthem shit that played out in T&T.  Was it the Government or TTFF?  There is only one anthem , one flag to represent us.  That is T&T Anthem.  Gimme the Red, White, and Black!

Please ...is there someone on this Board who can articulate this question to find the responsible party?  This is certainly and issue for the supporters club.  This issue must not go unquestioned.  Until such time that we have a unified West Indian Footbal Team, this shit must not happen in Germany.

Let them play it for the Cricket Team.

Luv U Always T&T

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 09:02:04 PM »
I dont agree with this "west indian" concept. Its to problematic for me. What is a west indian?

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 09:21:13 PM »
WI anthem my a$$...
We want to look out for everybody, but they ent looking out for we...
Lemme ask allyuh dis...Who here will listen to a Jamaica vs Peru friendly on de radio???
Not me, I might look at it on tv, but that is a big might... They only listen to de game, so they could bad talk T&T.... Then we singing friggin WI anthem and before we own anthem.... Somebody need a good bull pistle for that sh!t...
When will we learn to look after we selves first....

1]; } ?>