May 19, 2024, 08:28:20 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal fans fear not  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arsenal fans fear not
« on: June 24, 2007, 06:55:35 AM »
Arsenal go for Ajax pair Babel, Huntelaar
tribalfooball.com - June 23, 2007

Arsenal are planning a double-raid on Ajax for attacking pair Ryan Babel and Klaas Jan Huntelaar.
The News of the World says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger will go for both Holland internationals should he fail to bring Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka back to the club.

A source close to the Arsenal boss said: "If he doesn't get Anelka then he will go for Jan Huntelaar - and Babel is also a possibility

I am not an Arsenal fan but I hope they get Ryan Babel. He plays very similar to Henry and may be even more skilful at his age than Henry was. Plays from the left just like Henry, with speed and skill...Hopefully for football sake Wenger stay and they buy Huntelaar and Babel. If they add another 10 million with what they make off Henry they should get those two players...Arsenal didn't do to bad last year without Henry. They just need consistent goal-hound...Abedayor will get there....Man U and Chelsea wouldn't have so easy....Well Man U because I feel Chelsea will waltz through the EPL next year and end up with 90 something points again...But next 3 years Arsenal could well be the top team again

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal fans fear not
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 09:22:58 AM »
LMAO News of the world & Tribal Football. Anelka seems the only realistic target

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 09:37:23 AM »
Back Up!!!  Stay away from Jan Klass    he is ours

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 10:07:01 AM »
Arsenal need to sign Wenger first before they sign anybody else  :devil:
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 10:52:42 AM »
As an Arsenal fan I am glad to see Henry go.  I got so tired of the circus and the distraction over whether he was going or staying, that I am happy now that we know for sure.

Thanks for the best of times Henry.  Now get on yuh f#@$%^! bike and ride out.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 10:56:13 AM by Jahyouth »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 11:19:35 AM »
Id like the see arsenal sign a class central defender instead.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 12:34:13 PM »
As an Arsenal fan I am glad to see Henry go.  I got so tired of the circus and the distraction over whether he was going or staying, that I am happy now that we know for sure.

ah love it!!

by de way, ah wonder how much ah could get for meh arsenal "henry 14".

That is ah collectors item now!!  ;D

Arsenal for the UEFA Cup!! :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 12:55:31 PM »
 I am not an Arsenal fan but all they need is a good finisher...A person that could finish every week...Van Persie before he got injured looked very promising and if they could get Babel...Well They could come in second because no team in England beating Chelsea next season

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 01:01:02 PM »

Totally agree... like I said, Whinger is a shrewd manager.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 01:14:42 PM »
stueps alyuh not winning nothing next season ok  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 01:39:24 PM »
Arsenal done
Hart for president

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 07:21:49 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh gawd...ah doh want tuh laff, lol.

Henry is mih boy eh, but ah must say I too feel real betrayed dred.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 07:37:14 AM »
they shoulda work out a deal to get a striker from barca...maybe gudjohnsen.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 10:55:27 AM »

Who?!  You must be mad.  Gudjohnsen is any top-rate striker?  Please.  Anelka is the man

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arsenal Fans- No it was not a dream
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
Henry completes move to Barcelona
Thierry Henry will wear the number 14 shirt for Barcelona

It was Henry's decision to leave Arsenal
French striker Thierry Henry has completed his £16.1m move from Arsenal to Spanish club Barcelona.
Henry, 29, passed a medical on Monday before being unveiled at the Nou Camp after signing a four-year deal with the Catalan outfit.

"I'm really pleased to be here," said Henry. "It has been a long chase but I am finally here.

"I am happy to be here and can't wait to show what I can do to. Hopefully, I can be a great asset for the team."

He added: "I haven't set any targets or objectives. It has to be a club target.

"Barcelona is always a club that wants to win everything. I am going to try my hardest to help as much as I can.

"It has to be a team effort right from the start."

Henry claimed two Premiership titles and three FA Cups with Arsenal but he has failed to pick up a Champions League winners' medal during his illustrious spell at the club.

He helped the Gunners to the final of the competition in 2006 where they lost to his new employers and, after AC Milan won the competition last season, Henry has set his sights on helping them regain the European crown.

"I have to live and breathe Barcelona," he said. "It is dream for everyone to win the Champions League and I'm sure it will be the dream of Barcelona to win it again next season.

"It is the only thing I didn't win at Arsenal but the most important thing is that Barcelona is successful and they win silverware."

Henry resisted a move to Barcelona after the 2006 Champions League final and opted to sign a new four-year contract with Arsenal.

But the exit of David Dein as Arsenal vice-chairman and the uncertainty over manager Arsene Wenger, whose contract runs out at the end of next season, has contributed to a change of heart from Henry.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger
It was Thierry's decision to leave Arsenal but he goes with my blessing

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger

Barcelona president Joan Laporta admitted Henry is a player the club have coveted for a long time and could not hide his delight at capturing the forward.

"Thierry Henry is a player we've been after for many years and now he's here," said Laporta.

"Johan Cruyff wanted to sign Thierry Henry for Barcelona when he was a young player.

"When I was elected president in 2003 I wanted to sign him, we also wanted to sign him last year and today it is a great pleasure to see him here."

"He is one of the best players in the world and given his quality, experience and commitment he comes to Barcelona at the perfect time."

Wenger has played a major part in masterminding Henry's rise to prominence and, while he praised the striker for his achievements at Arsenal, he said it was the player's decision to leave.

"Thierry has been tremendous for us since he arrived in 1999," Wenger told the Arsenal website about the club's 226 record goalscorer.

"He has excelled both as part of a team and individually. In short, he has become an Arsenal legend.

My relationship with him will always remain whatever happens

Henry on Wenger

¿Personally, I would like to thank Thierry for the huge contribution he has made to the club's success over the past eight years.

"To his great credit, he has mixed skill and style together with an appetite for winning.

"This wonderful combination was integral to our historical 49 games unbeaten run and all the honours he won at Arsenal, together with Thierry becoming the club's record goal scorer - an achievement which in my view is unlikely to be surpassed.

"It was Thierry's decision to leave Arsenal but he goes with my blessing. On behalf of everyone at the club, we wish him the very best for the future."

Henry paid tribute to Wenger and insists his departure from the London side will not have a detremental impact on their relationship.

"The relationship I had with Arsene was out of this world - you can't imagine," said Henry.

"I was talking to him about private stuff, about anything.

"That relationship goes beyond me going to Barcelona. We didn't have a fight (about him moving to the Nou Camp).

"We sat down and talked and we both respected each other and my relationship with him will always remain whatever happens."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6238712.stm

btw...New Barca Home Kit:

Photoshop i found lol:

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Re: Arsenal Fans- No it was not a dream
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 11:28:19 AM »
I am offcially in mourning since Saturday.  :'( 

I wish him all the best.

More importantly, I wish Arsenal knock out Barcelona next Champions League! :devil:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 11:30:28 AM »
*steups*

I still vex....and I ent too long get de nice third jersey (de yellow) wid he name on de back too.

I over vex.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 11:52:51 AM »

Who?!  You must be mad.  Gudjohnsen is any top-rate striker?  Please.  Anelka is the man

better than nothing man.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 01:19:57 PM »
I am offcially in mourning since Saturday.  :'( 

I wish him all the best.

More importantly, I wish Arsenal knock out Barcelona next Champions League! :devil:

My sentiments exactly. To make matter worse I saw headline 'Toure signs for Barca' Then it started, Ivory Coast international signs for Barcelona. I said WTF, then I realised it was Kolo Toure's younger brother.

1]; } ?>