May 22, 2024, 06:02:29 AM

Author Topic: Atiba needs to chill out.  (Read 6489 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Atiba needs to chill out.
« on: January 21, 2007, 10:58:28 AM »
Atiba needs to chill out.
By Gordon Hanna (Sundaylife.co.uk).

Atiba Charles is being frozen out at Mourneview Park - not by Glenavon but by the weather!
The towering Trinidad & Tobago international defender is suffering in the ice cold conditions.
Lurgan boss Colin Malone admits: "We're not seeing the best of the big lad. He's keen enough but cannot get used to the cold weather.
"Even when he's sitting at home he has a quilt wrapped around him.
"He's finding it a whole new ball game and it's hard not to feel for him.
"Last week he was back in the Caribbean with his family to attend to some business and he has returned to yet more arctic conditions.
"It's very difficult for him but he's the sort who will persevere and hopefully the icy spell will relent soon."
Atiba arrived in the Irish League straight from the World Cup finals in Germany.
He was bursting with enthusiasm and with high hopes of winning a transfer to full-time football in England or Scotland.
But with the transfer window about to close in 10 days time it doesn't look as if he'll make it.
Malone says: "That was the idea. We agreed that if an opportunity arose we would not stand in his way.
"As things stand he'll remain with us until the end of the season and we'll take things from there.
"I've no doubt that as the temperatures begin to rise we'll begin to see the real Atiba.
"It has been something of a culture shock because it cannot be easy for any player used to playing in sunnier and warmer climes.
"To be suddenly battling against biting winds and freezing temperatures takes him into a whole new world.
"But Atiba is fully committed and will continue to battle on regardless. "
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 06:23:48 AM by Flex »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Atiba needs to chill out
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:03:20 AM »
Hang in there Atiba!  When you want something you have to sacrifice until you get what you want!  I could never forget travelling to the northern US the day after New Year's day to go to graduate school.  When you begin to make a name for yourself, you can always head south!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 10:37:51 AM »
Like he ain't ask Avery for advice  ???

But all joking aside, Ireland eh easy fuh cold if yuh ain't experienced it before. Seriously windy, is that that does kill yuh, the grounds not big so not very good windbreaks. Not as cold as Canada or Northern USA (or the countries of the old CCCP). The difference....them countries doh carry on with their leagues during the winter months and the stadiums aint new at all, at all......undersoil heating? Wha de heck is dat??

Ah wonder if he get used to the 'Communal Bath' yet?  :devil:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 10:45:57 AM »
Ent Atiba could play a Defensive Mid ?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 10:53:05 AM »
Hang in there Brotha, I remember coming here to run track and going to a cross country meet in Maine in September and trembling so much my muscles started to freeze up.

You're a Soca Warrior, You're a fighter!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 11:32:10 AM »
Even when he's sitting at home he has a quilt wrapped around him.

Nah! Doh fack mih up   :rotfl:

Atiba need tuh man up...throw on two Under Armor and call dat George.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 05:12:49 PM »
Atiba fight de struggle meh boi, who doh know go talk shit, but dealing wid de cold eh no joke sah. I lived in New York fuh years, and ah flew out ah few times tuh Denver and windy Chicago tuh play in ah few soccer competitons, lawd, gawd, pure problems. Imagine Atiba having tuh deal wid dis weather week in week out. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 02:13:58 AM »

easy for you to say. You under yuh woman. You cya experience wha de man going through. You warm warm and talking bout de man.. allyuh fellas good oui... ;) ;)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 05:58:49 AM »
I remember when I  lived in rhode island for a while ah used to play football with some yankee boys and it was okay during the summertime,but then I expected man to chill out during wintertime,but dem boys calling me out in all kinda 9 and 10 degree temperature it use to freak me out............... 

Offline broko

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 06:14:49 AM »
Buh what happen to Atiba. He jes need to put on 6 thermal vest and 5 long johns and he should be good to go. :rotfl:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Atiba needs to chill out.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 10:01:41 AM »
Fellas dat cold does affect your ability to breathe ..to speak to move......pulled muscles  all kinda thing is not just about how it does feel is the effect on the body is a shock to the system your heart actually have to work harder to pull oxygen to the system under a competitive 90 min game that could take a toll

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 11:22:09 AM »

Soldier on bro...plenty does have to play in dat for free

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 01:43:46 PM »
Atiba that is par for the course when you play football in Europe. Everybody who migrated to northern climates have gone through this. Good luck partner.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 01:46:30 PM »
De man jus have to hunker down and doh think about it.  He should invest in ah set ah good underware and underarmor and he go be cool.......SOrry man  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:  And put plastic bac in he boots when he playing, dat does help somewhat
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 03:22:30 PM »

easy for you to say. You under yuh woman. You cya experience wha de man going through. You warm warm and talking bout de man.. allyuh fellas good oui... ;) ;)

Pardna...while I never play professional nutten in no cold weather...is nearly 20 years now I dealing with dis cold.  I remember having to walk 3miles to work in ah blizzard because not even taxi was running in dat 23 inches ah snow...crossing brigde and nearly getting blow way.  Dat cold he dealing with ent nutten new it's all about attitude and mindset. 

You CAN become acclimated to the cold, ridiculous if he lets this affect his performance and position with the club.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 07:25:34 AM »
My one and only time playing organised ball was High School in NJ, fuss day i run out the locker room and it cold no arse!! Mind you is only Oct, I turn around and go back inside I say practice call off.
EH HEH!! who tell me that....jeez an ages!

worse than that was they bench me all season, riding pine in the winter not easy at all.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 07:57:49 AM »
You know something...weather in different places affect even the best of us differently. Living in Ottawa was nothing like living in Rochester. I've told many people winter up there tests your mental state. Honestly I wouldn't want to and probably won't ever wish anyone to beliving in the plains provinces in Canada. Now while winter weather in the British Isles is very different to weather across here, I can understand how it affects someone's mental state of mind. It's very difficult to get used to that kind of weather and having to be outside regularly with a cold rain isn't really worth being outside, and believe me, It's worse to be cold and wet than to be just cold.

None the less I hope he strenghtens his mental focus and keeps his eyes on the prize.

Lata and enjoy de day.
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 08:50:20 AM »
Whats the temp over there in ireland plus 8 degrees ? Right now where I am it's minus 20 degrees below zero , maybe more with the windchill !! lol He should drink ,what the other guys drinking .

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »
You know something...weather in different places affect even the best of us differently. Living in Ottawa was nothing like living in Rochester. I've told many people winter up there tests your mental state. Honestly I wouldn't want to and probably won't ever wish anyone to beliving in the plains provinces in Canada. Now while winter weather in the British Isles is very different to weather across here, I can understand how it affects someone's mental state of mind. It's very difficult to get used to that kind of weather and having to be outside regularly with a cold rain isn't really worth being outside, and believe me, It's worse to be cold and wet than to be just cold.

None the less I hope he strenghtens his mental focus and keeps his eyes on the prize.

Lata and enjoy de day.
Richard G.
Wait nah, Richard Groden is a Soca Warriors man :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:

1]; } ?>