May 07, 2024, 07:03:35 PM

Author Topic: Again they are after Obama  (Read 4774 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Again they are after Obama
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 07:12:57 PM »
Triniairman if they cut yuh in de military, yuh could get on de social programs they will create from the money they using from the military cuts.
Daft, that money not creating guaranteed respectable jobs for service members.... those programs with the exception of TAPS is not worth it. They are actually giving alot of big money contracts in the DOD to civilians to do jobs that military member did for less than minimum wage.

truetrini

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 07:15:43 PM »
triniairman just parroting de same f**king bullshit I hear dem white South Carolina ka ka holes talk when I was dey in de Navy.

One setta asshole chat snas substance.

My ADVICE GET YOUR OWN THOUGHTS.
Like I give ah F**k what you think. Boss I am not talking from guess, I am living this shit right now.

yuh talking ah pack of ass.  Trimming the military is good  and necessary.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »
triniairman, do you notice a diff with panetta in charge after gates leff? my recollection is that gates was also trimming the budgets under de current prez so just wondering if the change in the DoD was noticeable.
I'll share a couple, It's no secret that Democrats are anti military and they seem to attack military budgets. There was a proposal recently to restructure the medical benefits that we receive, making us pay more and restricting what type of care our families can get. The military is presently down sizing, I can't speak for other branches, but in the Navy, members are being kicked out for every little thing in an attempt to cut personnel. Too many budgets are cut from the military whenever democrats are in power. Now I did say Obama, I apologize, I meant to say Democrats, and as much as I don't like seeing these budget cuts and pay cuts in the military, I will not vote for any of the Republican canidates they have right now. So I say give him another 4 years. There is also one other personal thing that I was against that Obama stopped in the military. I was against it then and still am. But thats a different topic.

That is what the Republicans and allyuh Republican-leaning military leadership have allyuh thinking.  The fact is that there are tough choices to be made with regards to scarce fiscal resources.  What good is a robust military to people who starving, jobless and can't provide for their families at home?  Republicans say dem kinda people need to fend fuh deyself... Democrats rather put that money towards social programs.  Fuh that they get label as "anti-military".

I sympathize with what allyuh going thru, but Bush chop down de money tree and it fall ontop de golden goose... is nearly $9 billion dollars a friggin' month.. think about that number... $9 billion a month  was being spent on the war in Iraq alone.  Not counting cost of shipping troops over there and returning them, not counting the costs of occupying Iraq... that's just prosecuting the war itself.  Needless to say, that's not counting the costs in Afghanistan.  This under a Republican idiot of a President.  So you would have to pardon my incredulity when you come here talking about Democrats being anti-war and how you suffering because they cutting your health benefits and scaling back the military.  Thank yuh boys Halliburton and the Bush-Cheyney-Rumsfeld cabal fuh dat.

Oh and by the way... on yuh way to de toilet to piss on the Democrats, stop by the sink and look in the mirror.  Be thankful that yuh could afford yuh mortgage, that yuh working and that yuh have health benefits... because allyuh in de military might be set, but thanks to Republican policies, the rest ah we out here ketching we ass.
Bakes I will admit that my comment is based on a selfish act...At the end of the day, I am looking out for my family and myself, and if the military is my bread and butter, then f**k those who don't like my comment. At the end of the day I have to look out for my interest, cause nobody else will. I already said that I won't vote for any of the Republican canidates that is running right now, so give Obama another 4. It's one man's opinion if they like him and another man's opinion if they don't, so don't get mad because I don't agree with all his policies.

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 07:38:15 PM »
I have to laugh when I hear people saying that the dems are always attacking and cutting defense budgets..that is a lie.

addressing wastage is not attacking it is what it is.

The Republicans are the ones who always call for better budgets and less spending, smaller government..do people realize that a bigger military equates to a bigger government?

steups.

Lies and misdirections and shit spouted all day long.

Currently our  military spending is the highest than any other time in our entire history. take a look at the Pentagon budget for 2010!

It was $693 billion!  That was far more than all other discretionary spending programs combined.   And if you are looking at it it equates to  nearly half of all military spending on earth.

Military spending has doubled over the past decade when adjusted for inflation. Under President Bush, military spending averaged 3.9 percent of Gross Domestic Product. It has increased to 4.9 percent—a full percentage point higher under President Obama.

Senators fight for military big spending especially those in states with military bases, even useless military bases!

The Cato Institute explains it this way:   
Sometimes the defense budget is used as a massive federal jobs program that particularly favors the states or districts of members of Congress who sit on the relevant committees. The pork can include such items as unnecessary weapons programs and military bases that are not needed for national security but remain open to provide economic benefits to the surrounding communities. Corporate welfare, in the form of subsidies to defense contractors, is another example of pork-barrel spending. In addition, the defense budget includes programs that are not even marginally related to national security, which should either be eliminated or moved to the relevant budget classification.

To say that Obama is cutting the military is not true either, it is a big lie!

President Obama is not cutting a single dime out of the military budget. He is actually substantially increasing military spending over the next several years.  What he is cutting is pork barrell spending and simply removing shit like Breast Cancer and lung cancer reserach from the Defense budgets!

One setta Rep. Reps who does get huge campaign contributions from Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing Co. and General Dynamics crying that there are cuts...what there is now is some responsible dollar watching.

No bogus claims, No one can show me what is cut! b NO one!!

What is happening is the military is being made more mobile, more flexible and excess shit is being cut, dais all

everything else is bogus prattle from red necks

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »
Interesting...from PolitiFact

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jan/18/mitt-romney/mitt-romney-says-us-navy-smallest-1917-air-force-s/

Our ruling

This is a great example of a politician using more or less accurate statistics to make a meaningless claim. Judging by the numbers alone, Romney was close to accurate. In recent years, the number of Navy and Air Force assets has sunk to levels not seen in decades, although the number of ships has risen slightly under Obama.

However, a wide range of experts told us it’s wrong to assume that a decline in the number of ships or aircraft automatically means a weaker military. Quite the contrary: The United States is the world’s unquestioned military leader today, not just because of the number of ships and aircraft in its arsenal but also because each is stocked with top-of-the-line technology and highly trained personnel.

Thanks to the development of everything from nuclear weapons to drones, comparing today’s military to that of 60 to 100 years ago presents an egregious comparison of apples and oranges. Today’s military and political leaders face real challenges in determining the right mix of assets to deal with current and future threats, but Romney’s glib suggestion that today’s military posture is in any way similar to that of its predecessors in 1917 or 1947 is preposterous.

In addition, Romney appears to be using the statistic as a critique of the current administration, while experts tell us that both draw-downs and buildups of military equipment occur over long periods of time and can't be pegged to one president. Put it all together and you have a statement that, despite being close to accurate in its numbers, uses those numbers in service of a ridiculous point. Pants on Fire.

There’s also another problem with Romney’s claim. He appears to be throwing blame on Obama, which is problematic because military buildups and draw-downs these days take years to run their course. Just look at the long, slow declines in the number of ships and aircraft. These are not turn-on-a-dime events that can be pegged to one president.

truetrini

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »
Dorothy explains why her friends are Republicans

They have No Brains, No Heart, No courage, you see?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 09:32:58 PM »
Bakes I will admit that my comment is based on a selfish act...At the end of the day, I am looking out for my family and myself, and if the military is my bread and butter, then f**k those who don't like my comment. At the end of the day I have to look out for my interest, cause nobody else will. I already said that I won't vote for any of the Republican canidates that is running right now, so give Obama another 4. It's one man's opinion if they like him and another man's opinion if they don't, so don't get mad because I don't agree with all his policies.

Where you see me get 'mad' boss?  Whatever beef you and Truetrini have going on dat ent have nutten to do with me, so no need for the cussing and emotions and all ah dat.

I understand that you looking at things from your own personal perspective.  I asked you your opinion so that I could address your concerns and perhaps offer a larger perspective view of the situation.  The main problem with politics in this country is that people are unable, or rather unwilling to look at things from the other person's perspective.  In your mind the Democratic priorities means that Obama is anti-military.  In this regard you are no different from so many blacks, women and independent voters who claim Obama sell dem out. 

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown... Obama has tough choices to make and undoubtedly every single constituency has reason to be disappointed in him.  That could mean one of two things, he has been a resounding failure (pleasing no one), or he has been incredibly good at hewing to a middle-ground, upsetting everyone at some point.

truetrini

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 09:42:51 PM »
I have nutten with he,,he just talking shit..Plain and simple, he jes hearing shit from he ship mates and then repeating it...he cyar post ONE facking fact here that Obama f**king up de military

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 09:50:20 PM »
I have nutten with he,,he just talking shit..Plain and simple, he jes hearing shit from he ship mates and then repeating it...he cyar post ONE facking fact here that Obama f**king up de military

It never fails to amaze me how black people, once they join de military or come into ah li'l money (like professional athletes) does suddenly want tuh turn Republican, lol

p.s. I juss talking in general eh Triniairman... before yuh come cussing poor me again lol

truetrini

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »
Bakes in the Military I used to hear it all the time, and it sounds pretty convincing and as I moved up the ranks it got worse.  The military is mostly Conservative as many military members come from areas that are heavily republican leaning.

Then there is fallacy that ONLY the republican party is pro military, they play that game well, as they always hawkish and stating how great America is and how it is becasue of the Military etc.

When in fact that is hardly the case anymore.

When last did the US military really have the moral authority to attack anyone excepting Afghanistan???

I posted FACTS and I await rebuttal with facts and not parroted fiction.

Since I was in the military to the time I retired from the military I have been hearing the same shit.

The Pentagon is noted for wastage!

truetrini

1]; } ?>