May 16, 2024, 02:26:12 PM

Author Topic: 2010 Pro League Results.  (Read 27237 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Pro League Results.
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2010, 06:15:59 AM »
Nice report Jay.

Glad to hear Peltier stepping up, hope he thighten de screw in he head and finally realise that he not bigger than the game.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2010, 07:52:37 PM »
Tobago United 3-0 St Ann's Rrangers

Tobago United got three 2nd half goals from their left winger(Raul), right winger(Jamal) and striker Kevon "Showtime" Woodley.

I think Woodley should have 5 goals now for the season.

Rangers had very few clear chances and only hit the corss bar once so even with a bit of luck they still would not have won.

After the game one fan asked the referee if he had a personal problem with showtime because he seemed to be a bit harsh when it came to calls against him......YOU GET NO HOME TEAM ADVANTAGE IN TOBAGO.....could just imagine what the score line would have been if the calls were a bit more "fair"......

Check the Which Tobago United thread for a better match report.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:56:43 PM by Rastaman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2010, 08:16:39 PM »
Tobago United 3-0 St Ann's Rangers

Dis is de first time since dey in de League dat Tobago United had back to back victories.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2010, 08:19:53 PM »
Tobago United 3-0 St Ann's Rangers

Dis is de first time since dey in de League dat Tobago United had back to back victories.

There is always a 1st time.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2010, 08:31:48 PM »
Who win in de other games ? where YoursTruly gone ?

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2010, 08:36:42 PM »
Joe Public 2  SouthEnd 0
W Connection 4   Police 0

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2010, 08:40:19 PM »
At Dwight Yorke Stadium -
Tobago United (3) - Raul Trotman 47th, Jamal Spencer 56th, Kevon Woodley 64th vs St Ann's Rangers (0).

At Manny Ramjohn Stadium -
Joe Public (2) - Trent Noel 61st and 89th vs FC South End (0).
W Connection (4) - Andrei Pacheco 18th, Hughton Hector 27th, Eder Aras 60th, Teba McKnight 90th vs Police (0).

impressive... it is clear that your intellect is as vast as the ocean is wide - FF, anyone with a wide intellect gave u the scores? Keep focusing on me.....

You's de first man to post the Pro-League scores... DIS is what you really crowing about??  Anybody who went de game (or listening on the radio, or had ah pardna phone dem de score) and log on soon after could have done the same.

Bake N Shark, anyone gave you the scores already? You Punanny

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2010, 07:24:10 AM »
Hmmm...not sure I agree with Jays "match report". No mention of McFarlanes open goal miss in first few minutes or Cali's several good chances in the first half. Stars keeper Woods made a near fatal mistake and then reprieved himself with some good blocks. North East fielded a different line up with Kimarley McDonald in for injured Sancho. Stars seemed to struggle with their new formation with Guevera failing to get forward quick enough to support McFarlane who was often left stranded. Sean Fraser replaced Guevera in the 2nd half to provide a second attacking option, but failed to change the game.  Both teams finished the game with 3 strikers and it was refreshing to see both coaches wanting to win rather than settle for the draw.

Not sure about the " Cali- NE Stars game was pure shyt. Hardly any constructive ball and amateur at best all around. NE have sum shitty foreigners, mainly a Jamalcan who couldn't make a proper pass." statement. Jamaican McDonald was aggressive and competent in defence, as was Guyanese former title winning captain, Pollard. Jamaican Fraser didn't really spark when he came on and Colombian, Milton Gomez didn't command the midfield. However, I feel "shitty foreigner" is an unfair description when none of the participating players really stood out.

In the 2nd game, I felt Ma Pau were superb. Very well organised and could have had a hatfull of goals, hitting the woodwork twice. DF seemed afraid to lose and were pretty much in defensive mode. Was interesting to see how Coach Russell seemed to have ordered Peltier to be roughed up and every opportunity Peltier had to shine, he was either fouled or double marked and hustled off the ball. Ref gave him no protection, yet seemed to over react to other misdemeanours.

Saying that, DF are definately a potent force in front of goal. They had fewer opportunities, but converted when it mattered. The team spirit really showed through with the best two goal celebrations I've seen this season. For the first goal, Josling took the corner flag and "knighted" the kneeling pass provider, Seon Power, I think. For the second, the scorer ran to the bench and took Coach Russells' jacket off his back. He then put on the jacket while the entire team slid to a sitting position and received a finger wagging team talk on the pitch a la Hull City. The crowd absoloutely went crazy loving every moment. Unfortunately, the ref seemed to be offended that someone else took centre stage and booked the scorer, and was instantly booed and derided by the entire stadium.

McComie was also sent from the touch line in the 2nd half because he was wearing a black jacket, as was Russell (and also Stars coach, Underwood) and apparently clashed with Ma Paus black shirts (NE also wore black)

Thought the game was a great Pro League advert and I was impressed with several Ma Pau players including Power, Caesar and Elton John and, of course, Peltier. DF can be beaten, its simply a case of taking your chances because they WILL score....you just have to score more!!

Catch highlights on Wi Sports CH14 on tues/wed and repeated every day. The coaches interviews are worth watching!!

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
I didnt really pay much attention to the 1st game becuz it was very poor. Sancho's replacement was shaky at best. NE didnt look like they usually do and they gave posession away too much in midfield.

Yea you are right about the unfair description of the foreigners, but I think they should add something extra to the league, not fit in. Pollard is a great example. He was always one of the top defenders in the league.

Elton John's set pieces and crossing is good. I still think he is better at right back tho. Ma Pau played with a plan and did so well, but DF is excellent on the counter and used their speed and physicality to good advantage.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSCvD5Ct2A8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSCvD5Ct2A8</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

AirMan

« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »
Granville says victory over Rangers was inevitable 
Thursday, 17 June 2010 13:08     

Tobago United boss Peter Granville boasts that last Saturday’s 3-0 victory over visiting St. Ann’s Rangers at the Plymouth Recreation Ground could have happened at any venue.

Speaking on the heels of Rangers head coach Anthony Streete comments that the Plymouth Recreation Ground favours Tobago United, Granville said, “We would have played Rangers at the St. Ann’s Ground and the score would have been the same on that day.” Continue http://ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=190:granville-says-victory-over-rangers-was-inevitable&catid=1:domestic-news

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2010, 07:12:29 AM »
Granville says victory over Rangers was inevitable 
Thursday, 17 June 2010 13:08     

Tobago United boss Peter Granville boasts that last Saturday’s 3-0 victory over visiting St. Ann’s Rangers at the Plymouth Recreation Ground could have happened at any venue.

Speaking on the heels of Rangers head coach Anthony Streete comments that the Plymouth Recreation Ground favours Tobago United, Granville said, “We would have played Rangers at the St. Ann’s Ground and the score would have been the same on that day.” Continue http://ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=190:granville-says-victory-over-rangers-was-inevitable&catid=1:domestic-news

Well if so then praise the lord for giving Tobago United some much needed home field advantage. They deserve all the luck and help that they get for having persevered for so long when everything was working against them.
Like Streete starting a war of words..... might be good to add some spice to the league. It will certinaly add to the image and hype that Tobago United should be able to gain from the past two wins at home.

By the way Mr. Streete...Plymouth was only used because of damage to the Dwight Yorke Stadium.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2010, 07:15:41 PM »
W Connection 2  St. Ann's Rangers 0
Defence Force 4  North East Stars 3
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:16:47 PM by soccerrama »

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2010, 09:16:25 PM »
June 18 -
At H/Crawford Stadium:
W Connection (2) - Eder Gilmar Aras 11th, Shahdon Winchester 32nd vs St Ann's Rangers (0).
Defence Force (4) - Aklie Edwards 15th, Richard Roy 49th and 79th, Kevon Carter 89th vs North East Stars (3) - Sean Fraser 17th, Errol McFarlane 56th, Akiel Guevara 65th.

June 19 -
At D/Yorke Stadium:
Jabloteh (4) - Atullah Guerra 38th, 68th, 90th; Jason Marcano 58th vs Tobago United (0).
At M/Ramjohn Stadium:
Caledonia (1) - Abdallah Phillips 19th vs Police (0).
Ma Pau (3) - Lester Peltier 17th, Anthony Wolfe 49th, Shane Calderon 75th vs South End (0).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 07:02:41 PM by YoursTruly »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2010, 11:21:49 PM »
Brief Match Report

Defence Force 4  DIRECTV North East Stars 3

North East started off a little brighter and it seemed initially that DF were missing top scorer Josling. However, DF were awarded a penalty in the 15th minute which was well saved by Woods, but unfortunately, he parried the ball back into the 18 yard box and Edwards reacted fastest to thump the rebound into the net.

Stars reacted positively and two minutes later, after a beautiful passing move, Sean Fraser scored the equaliser. This set the pace for an interesting and exciting game where both teams had good spells. North East managed to play their passing game for periods while DF relied on their counter-attack style which has served them so well this season.

North East again took the initiative at the start of the 2nd half, but it was to be DF who found the net again, with Richard Roy scoring in the 49th minute. The Stars however, must have been watching lots of World Cup games, as they clearly were not aware of both teams current form and decided that they could still win! Errol McFarlane equalised in the 56th minute and Akiel Guevera put North East in front in the 65th. Both teams continued to attack and there was good work from the keepers and defenders. However, DF finally got their equaliser in the 79th minute, again through Richard Roy. North East had a chance to take the lead again, but McFarlane failed to lob past the DF keeper. With the rhythm section creating a crescendo of noise, every spectator was on the edge of the seat, no one daring to guess who would get the winning goal. It appeared that North East would be the first team this season to take a point from DF, when, in the 89th minute, some weak defending allowed Kevon Carter to get the winner. Carter completed the now obligatory DF goal celebration and got himself booked for removing his shirt, a small thing for preserving the Army's 100% record.

All in all, you have to admire the DF team spirit. They fought until the end and their goal celebrations are entertainment in themselves, and scored 4 goals without their leading scorer! However, a draw would have been a fairer reflection on the game. North East came from behind twice and took the lead and played some nice passing football. DF had only conceded 3 goals before this match, so praise has to go to North East for doubling DF's season intake.

Crowd wasn't too bad, but it seems the 6pm game is too early for most as the stands were still filling after 8pm. In fact the rhythm section didn't start playing until around 8.20!

A great game and a good atmosphere, and you wonder how much longer DF can remain unbeaten, but I wouldn't bet against them reaching 10 in 10. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2010, 07:06:25 AM »
Thanks for your report (Football supporter), but according to the official pro league website, the T&T Express and the Guardian, Errol McFarlane did not score, it was Sean Frazer who scored a double. Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday) reports McFarlane did score.

I know the guys on this site are very reliable, especially (YoursTruly) he has been very resourceful, and also you as of lately, however, I need confirmation on this..

RE - 18:06:10, 6:00pm, St Ann’s Rangers 0 v W Connection 2 (Eder Gilmar Aras 11, Shahdon Winchester 32), Hasely Crawford Stadium

18:06:10, 8:00pm, Defence Force 4 (Aklie Edwards 15, Richard Roy 49, 80, Kevon Carter 89) v North East Stars 3 (Sean Fraser 18, 57, Akiel Guevara 66), Hasely Crawford Stadium
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:34:07 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2010, 08:56:28 AM »
I believe it was Errol Mc Farlane who scored the 2nd Stars goal.

Gueverra scored great goal, the best of the lot. But as was said previously, DF has arguably the quickest player in the league in Kevon Carter and they use him on the counter alot. The crossing in the game was of a high level from both teams as 6 of the 7 goals were scored directly from crosses.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2010, 08:57:18 AM »
SUBJECT:   DIGICEL PRO LEAGUE MATCH RESULTS – ROUND ONE MATCH DAY EIGHT

The following are the results of Super Friday in Round One Match Day Eight of the Digicel Pro League.

Date   Home Team   Away Team   Goals   Goal scorers
18:06:10   St. Ann’s Rangers   W Connection   0-2   Eder Arias (11’), Shahdon Winchester (32’)
18:06:10   Defence Force   North East Stars   4-3   Aklie Edwards (16’), Richard Roy (50’), (79’), Kevon Carter (88’)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Sean Fraser (18’), Errol McFarlane (57’), Akile Guevarra (66’)

AirMan

« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2010, 07:01:49 PM »
Defence Force showed the stuff of champions, scoring twice in the final ten minutes to avert a first defeat of the season when outlasting resilient DirecTV North East Stars 4-3 in the feature match of a Digicel Pro League ’Super Friday’ double-header at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

And current Caribbean club champions W Connection were also in winner’s row; Colombian defender Eder Gilmar Aras volleying in a 12th-minute corner kick, followed by Shahdon Winchester’s close-up 33rd minute volley, giving them a comfortable 2-0 victory over St Ann’s Rangers in Friday’s opening match. Continue..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161701889&weba=NWSSports

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2010, 05:31:42 AM »
Thanx guys, I also got confirmation from the club itself, it was indeed McFarlane that scored.

YoursTruly, again, you were right....  ;D
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »
Thanks, tell Bake n Shark and FF that, both of them symbolic of the PNM - all talk and no action.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2010, 10:40:43 AM »
Thanks, tell Bake n Shark and FF that, both of them symbolic of the PNM - all talk and no action.

aye stop calling my name in yuh stink mouth please... you do not know what i do or do not do for trinbago football... is ironic that yuh arguing that point with flex.

everybody appreciate getting the scores to the games. Thank you kindly!
but if that is the main thing you have in your life to boast about then you really need to do some self examination, because that is no accomplishment. Anyone with a smart phone at the games can do that and have. As for you being a big time sports journalist, kudos to you, but why do you feel the need to come on here for validation? It is very immature.

Also I saw a couple posts where you seem to suggest that I bearing you in mind... but again and again you are the one calling my name. I hold no brief with you.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »
wow madre = mother?

what language is that?

impressive... it is clear that your intellect is as vast as the ocean is wide

My BIGGEST claim to fame as a journalist was covering the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup final in Barbados; have you ever attended a World Cup Final, of any type!!!!!!

And I brush my teeth three times per day, so I know how horrible the scent is....

If you know people with a smart phone to post the scores, why don't you do it? Sounding just as PNM-ish as Bake n Shark....

My validation is my salary, which I earn on a monthly basis, and I am not a big time journalist, I am blessed by the Lord with health and strength  ;D

Finally, I don't want anyone holding my briefs, I wear them so I don't require assistance for holding them...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2010, 08:29:04 PM »
alright Yours Truly.. go strong.. bless
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2010, 09:35:08 PM »
And may the Lord bless you too

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »
At Marvin Lee Stadium -
Defence Force (4) - Richard Roy 30th, Kevon Carter 35th, Devon Jorsling 49th and 90th vs St Ann's Rangers (2) - Devon Modeste 32nd, Kwame Wiltshire 58th.
Joe Public (with two head coaches now, Derek King and Ralph 'Arab' Nelson) (3) - Andre Toussaint 69th, Carlyle Mitchell 77th, Trent Noel 84th vs North East Stars (2) - Akiel Guevara 30th, Errol McFarlane 37th.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:52:17 PM by YoursTruly »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2010, 07:40:03 PM »
At Marvin Lee Stadium -
Defence Force (4) - Richard Roy 30th, Kevon Carter 35th, Devon Jorsling 49th and 90th vs St Ann's Rangers (2) - Devon Modeste 32nd, Kwame Wiltshire 58th.
Joe Public (with two head coaches now, Derek King and Ralph 'Arab' Nelson) vs North East Stars.

how can that work !!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2010, 08:19:08 PM »
What's up with Kerry Baptiste? I have not seen him in JP's line up for a while.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2010, 05:59:45 AM »
Shit, North East lost.

But how can a team have two coach ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2010, 06:48:10 AM »
Shit, North East lost.

But how can a team have two coach ?

Me eh know how dat does wuk, but Sweden had two head coaches, Lars Lagerback and Tommy Soderberg, at Euro 2000.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>