May 12, 2024, 09:50:29 PM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 104631 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2009, 08:56:23 AM »
until they buy some defenders me eh taking them serious..

they had figo, ronaldo, zidane, beckham, raul and still yuh used to be seeing a helguera or pavon long face on de regular...

yuh mean Iker long face...

nobody have a permanent vex face like casillas.... i does be feeling sorry for he!

Hoss Casillas always bennin' fuh real dread...I tired see games where Madrid win, and he marchin' off the field cussin' somebody..de man like he just dread.

Pavon on the other hand was blatantly crying (tears caught on camera) on his nightmare debut, he was lost from the first minute and abused by every attacking playing coming down his side...Where is that guy by the way?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2009, 09:02:04 AM »
until they buy some defenders me eh taking them serious..

they had figo, ronaldo, zidane, beckham, raul and still yuh used to be seeing a helguera or pavon long face on de regular...

yuh mean Iker long face...

nobody have a permanent vex face like casillas.... i does be feeling sorry for he!

Hoss Casillas always bennin' fuh real dread...I tired see games where Madrid win, and he marchin' off the field cussin' somebody..de man like he just dread.

Pavon on the other hand was blatantly crying (tears caught on camera) on his nightmare debut, he was lost from the first minute and abused by every attacking playing coming down his side...Where is that guy by the way?

Casillas always bennin, but is Helguera face that always used to get me.. anytime he get twist out man does have ah face like somebody tief he coat on a cold winter day.. a rank cry face, and is like the camera used to always pan to him..

i doh blame the defence when yuh look forward and seeing galacticos up the pitch but yuh look left and right and is man like Pavon and Raul Bravo in yuh pwefem.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2009, 09:05:44 AM »

Casillas always bennin, but is Helguera face that always used to get me.. anytime he get twist out man does have ah face like somebody tief he coat on a cold winter day.. a rank cry face, and is like the camera used to always pan to him..

i doh blame the defence when yuh look forward and seeing galacticos up the pitch but yuh look left and right and is man like Pavon and Raul Bravo in yuh pwefem.

ha ha ha Raul Bravo yes
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Man United - No Oldies
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2009, 11:51:20 AM »
no ribery?

maybe wenger go take him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/17/manchester-united-transfer-policy

Manchester United have made a long-term decision not to sign any players aged 26 or above for large transfer fees because of new financial stipulations that have been put in place at Old Trafford to shape the club's recruitment policy. Dimitar Berbatov, who was 27 when he signed from Tottenham Hotspur last September, has been described as the "last of his kind" in a move that has immediate implications for their attempts to replace Cristiano Ronaldo....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Man United - No Oldies
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2009, 11:54:34 AM »
no ribery?

maybe wenger go take him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/17/manchester-united-transfer-policy

Manchester United have made a long-term decision not to sign any players aged 26 or above for large transfer fees because of new financial stipulations that have been put in place at Old Trafford to shape the club's recruitment policy. Dimitar Berbatov, who was 27 when he signed from Tottenham Hotspur last September, has been described as the "last of his kind" in a move that has immediate implications for their attempts to replace Cristiano Ronaldo....

Dey go splash out some BIG paper fuh Benze doh, just watch see.  With Tevez all but gone they will be after another striker
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:23:06 PM by Flickin Killa »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2009, 12:21:31 PM »
Good.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »
Just remember policies are not witten in stone. There are always exception to the rule.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2009, 07:41:04 AM »
Look like Pato wanna ride from AC to join Ancelotti.
Big mistake in my opinion. EPL defenses will mash him up.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=655961&sec=transfers&cc=5901
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »
Look like Pato wanna ride from AC to join Ancelotti.
Big mistake in my opinion. EPL defenses will mash him up.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=655961&sec=transfers&cc=5901

With Lampard, Malouda & Ballack serving it up to him, I think not fella!

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2009, 10:10:56 AM »
Gunner Stunner.. Like yuh self..

Arsenal sign Ajax defender Vermaelen

Arsenal have signed versatile defender Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax for an undisclosed fee.

The Belgium international has spoken regularly over the past few weeks of his desire to leave Amsterdam and join the north London side

read the  rest if allyuh want to..

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2009, 10:13:01 AM »

Arsenal have signed versatile defender Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax for an undisclosed fee.

The Belgium international has spoken regularly over the past few weeks of his desire to leave Amsterdam and join the north London side

Daiz ah good signing there!

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »

Don't know much about him but he was Ajax captain. There's been some debate about his height but he's supposedly really good in the air

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2009, 12:03:46 PM »
City agree Santa Cruz fee
Blackburn striker set to be reunited with Hughes
SkySports.com

Manchester City have reached an agreement with Blackburn to sign Roque Santa Cruz for £18million, according to Sky Sports News sources.

The Paraguayan striker's future has been the subject of intense speculation for some time and he was linked with a move to City during the January transfer window.

Mark Hughes attempted to bring him in but could not agree a fee with Rovers as Sam Allardyce fought to keep one of his top players.

Santa Cruz was brought to England by Hughes in 2007 when he was in charge at Ewood Park.

The 27-year-old enjoyed a tremendous first season in the Premier League but struggled for form and fitness following Hughes' move from Blackburn to City.

He has regularly been quoted as saying that he could leave Blackburn in the summer and it now appears he may be reunited with Hughes.

It is understood a fee has been agreed but personal terms will need to be sorted out before a transfer can be finalised.

City are looking to strengthen their squad considerably before the start of the 2008/9 campaign to enable them to compete with the top clubs.

They already have a formidable set of strikers but Hughes feels Santa Cruz would provide a different kind of threat.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2009, 07:52:42 AM »
Tevez rejects United's five-year contract offer
SkySports.com

Manchester United have confirmed striker Carlos Tevez will not be playing for the club next season following the conclusion of his two-year loan.

The Argentina international was a fans' favourite during his time at Old Trafford, however, he has rejected the chance to sign a long-term deal with The Red Devils.

United had agreed to pay the £25.5million fee required to secure the 25-year-old's services permanently and offered the striker a lucrative five-year contract.

However, despite the prospect of becoming one of the club's highest paid players it has now been revealed that he no longer wished to play for the Premier League champions.

Tevez found regular first-team football especially hard to come by last season following the expensive acquisition of Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham and that has been attributed as one of the reasons behind his decision.

Sky Sports News understands that Manchester City and Chelsea are the only two clubs in the running to sign Tevez, meaning Liverpool will not be landing the striker.

Contract rejected
"Following contact received from Carlos Tevez's advisors last night, in advance of the deadline the club set for concluding negotiations, Manchester United announces that Carlos will not be signing a new contract with the club," read a statement on the club's official website.

"The club agreed to pay the option price of £25.5m and offered Carlos a five-year contract which would have made him one of its highest paid players.

"Disappointingly however, his advisors informed the club that, despite the success he has enjoyed during one of the Club's most successful periods, he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United.

"The club would like to thank Carlos for his services over the last two seasons and wishes him good luck for the future."

Sky Bet make Carlos Tevez 1/10 on (from 1/6) to join Manchester City after champions United on Saturday confirmed the striker is to leave Old Trafford.

Sky Bet's Dave Pilgrim said: "We've been seeing sustained support for Tezez for several weeks at odds-on prices to join Man City, and United's confirmation that he will indeed leave the club just lends further weight to this money.

"We're 1/10 that he joins City now, with Chelsea probably the only other serious contender of the British clubs after he appeared to rule out Liverpool. Chelsea are a 11/2 shot."

« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 07:54:20 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2009, 08:27:34 AM »
A paddner make a bet with meh last month that Tevez would be wearing a Samsung juzzy next season..I tell him he mad... Look like I hadda retract that statement ?!?  :beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2009, 08:47:15 AM »
as I said somewhere before...He could f**k off

Thanks for the memories and good luck in the future

Once again Money strikes...we matched the valuation and offered him a lucrative 5 year contract but City's 140k a week with football week in week out is probably what he craves

hopefully we buy some Loyal players with the Attitude of Wazza and everyone else....the only suspect left at United now is Nani who will probably demand a dream move to Real in 2012... and we will make another huge profit

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2009, 08:55:39 AM »
I will be shocked if Utd  win this year. If they do, it will be SAF's greatest feat yet
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2009, 09:07:16 AM »
I will be shocked if Utd  win this year. If they do, it will be SAF's greatest feat yet

why would you be shocked?

We have 100 million to replace 2 unloyal players...yes Ronaldo was the best player in the EPL and he is irreplaceable but we have a strong squad who all have at least 1 EPL medal to their name

not to mention we will bring in 3 very good players... Valencia as the potential and 2 world class players: one on the wing one upfront

Then you have Owen Hargreaves coming back in and Berbatov being like a new player as well as he took his 1st season to understand the style at Utd...

I would be shocked if we did not win the league in 2009/2010...all the haters can copy and paste that incase we dont...

We are winning the EPL in 2010

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2009, 10:07:36 AM »

Once again Money strikes...we matched the valuation and offered him a lucrative 5 year contract but City's 140k a week with football week in week out is probably what he craves

hopefully we buy some Loyal players with the Attitude of Wazza and everyone else....the only suspect left at United now is Nani who will probably demand a dream move to Real in 2012... and we will make another huge profit

I does hadda wonder if you does really believe in the biased bullshit you does type yes.. I realize in your eyes Manchester United the club could never put a foot wrong; which is sad because it gets in the way of your capability to be objective or rational in any kinda form or fashion.

All of a sudden now is about "unloyal" Tevez running off and its all about money? lol

I like how you conveniently forget the nightmare season Tevez had this year all because of Fergie.

Imagine you are for all intents and purposes a world class striker coming off the season of your life at Man Utd. Then your coach ups and park you on the bench for some lazy johnny come lately striker (berbatov) who getting all the burn despite consistently not producing the goods..

There was nothing Tevez did that was getting him in the first XI. Do you remember when he score four goals in the FA cup and find himself back on the bench for the next game? Do you remember all the crucial contributions off the bench? The man had to suffer through all the big games on the bench and settle for FA cup starts against side like Burnley.. And yet through all that the man remained professional.

What assurances did he have that this would not be the case again next year?

Tevez is not a bench striker and this is a World Cup year. He needs to go where he can realize his professional ambitions. Is Manchester United fault for not treating him with the due respect a player of his calibre deserves. He should go somewhere he would be appreciated, so....

Come to Chelsea Carlos!  :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2009, 10:58:38 AM »
Joorabchian insisted the decision to reject a five-year deal at Old Trafford was not down to money so much as the fact United left it so late to put an offer on the table.

He said: "I don't think it's correct to say 'his face doesn't fit'. He was very much a part of the Manchester United team the last two years but clearly the last one year he's been very disappointed.

"I think he's been even more disappointed that it has to come to the fact that the loan deal finishes.

"If it was, let's say, Wayne Rooney's contract finishing six months before, or Cristiano Ronaldo's contract finishing six months before, would they have offered a better deal to them at that time or would they have tried to secure their services a bit sooner?

"He has that little bit of a feeling that maybe he wasn't the most wanted person at United. Rightly or wrongly, that's how he feels."

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2009, 01:43:18 PM »
imagine all the history of the best side in the world that should be able to get any player on the planet dying to play for them, and they jess get blank from CRonaldo, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Villa and Ribery.

Big side is big side. Glory Glory ManUre.

wha ah go say, call back Yorke - he still looking fuh ah bly, and he eh go mind coming off the bench.  :devil:
throw parties, not grenades.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2009, 09:45:43 PM »
imagine all the history of the best side in the world that should be able to get any player on the planet dying to play for them, and they jess get blank from CRonaldo, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Villa and Ribery.

Big side is big side. Glory Glory ManUre.

wha ah go say, call back Yorke - he still looking fuh ah bly, and he eh go mind coming off the bench.  :devil:

coming from a Chelsea fan  ::)

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2009, 12:02:59 AM »

fuh real eh!! :rotfl:

Anyway well done Carlitos!! yuh deserve more son! now follow d big gunns & fled dah boo league...it have space fuh yuh in la liga...u too Binho...come bac home son!!  ;D
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2009, 09:57:18 AM »

I does hadda wonder if you does really believe in the biased bullshit you does type yes.. I realize in your eyes Manchester United the club could never put a foot wrong; which is sad because it gets in the way of your capability to be objective or rational in any kinda form or fashion.

All of a sudden now is about "unloyal" Tevez running off and its all about money? lol

I like how you conveniently forget the nightmare season Tevez had this year all because of Fergie.

Imagine you are for all intents and purposes a world class striker coming off the season of your life at Man Utd. Then your coach ups and park you on the bench for some lazy johnny come lately striker (berbatov) who getting all the burn despite consistently not producing the goods..

There was nothing Tevez did that was getting him in the first XI. Do you remember when he score four goals in the FA cup and find himself back on the bench for the next game? Do you remember all the crucial contributions off the bench? The man had to suffer through all the big games on the bench and settle for FA cup starts against side like Burnley.. And yet through all that the man remained professional.

What assurances did he have that this would not be the case again next year?

Tevez is not a bench striker and this is a World Cup year. He needs to go where he can realize his professional ambitions. Is Manchester United fault for not treating him with the due respect a player of his calibre deserves. He should go somewhere he would be appreciated, so....

Come to Chelsea Carlos!  :devil:

best explanation....
a strikers best friend is his confidence cuz when that high and he feel support of the team and of the fans and manager HE GUNNING FOR GOAL...the only thing that could aid him other than that is HAVING SOMETHING TO PROVE...and this year tevez look like he relied on the latter....any of us who play the game know how it is when you riding the bench but you feel yo is one of the best in your position.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2009, 12:00:15 PM »

I would be shocked if we did not win the league in 2009/2010...all the haters can copy and paste that incase we dont...

We are winning the EPL in 2010

Copied, pasted and saved and just waiting till May next year to bring it back out.

Més que un club.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »
Tevez suggests that money wasn't the motivating factor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1194566/City-expected-Chelsea-battle-United-striker-Tevez.html?ITO=1490

City expected to see off Chelsea in battle for United striker Tevez
by NEIL ASHTON
Last updated at 10:53 PM on 21st June 2009

Carlos Tevez will join Manchester City on a five-year deal next week unless Chelsea match the £130,000-a-week salary on offer at Eastlands.

Tevez quit Manchester United on Saturday after two years at the club and the Argentinian is expected to sign for Mark Hughes’ ambitious side when he returns from a holiday in south America.

City and Chelsea have agreed to pay the £25.5m to secure the striker’s services, but Hughes has inched ahead after offering Tevez a guaranteed starting place in the team.

Although new Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti contacted Tevez last week in an attempt to persuade him that his future is at Stamford Bridge, the player is convinced that City will soon be English football’s dominant force.
It is understood that he is motivated by the prospect of playing for another ‘underdog’, just as he did when he began his career with Boca Juniors in Argentina, before moving to Corinthians in Brazil and then the amazing season when he single-handedly kept West Ham in the Barclays Premier League.

Tevez, 25, has made it clear that he wants to join a club with a history of battling against the odds and City, who have spent decades in the shadows of their great rivals United, fit the bill.

Good move by Tevez because I don't see him getting to start ahead of Drogba/ Anelka. Would enjoy seeing him play in Malouda's position - but Malouda really came on well at the end of the season under Hiddink, and was ripping up the left side with Ashley Cole. Would still choose Tevez over Malouda any day of the week.

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2009, 07:18:20 PM »
What happen Man U is Egypt and d players are Israelites. D mass exodus after u win d league runners up in Champions League. Sir Alex aka Pharoh
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2009, 10:18:07 AM »
Football off-season almost as exciting as the real season yes. With confed cup and WCQs to hold us over.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2009, 10:56:01 AM »
Man U sucks. More and more players realise that now.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2009, 11:18:33 AM »
man city just sign roque santa cruz.

look like they trying to be the first EPL side to start 11 forwards.

Roque + Bellamy, Bojinov, Jo, Robinho, Evans, Caicedo, Vassell, Benjani and Sturridge...

1]; } ?>