May 12, 2024, 10:52:34 AM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 104608 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.
« Reply #480 on: July 18, 2009, 02:20:11 PM »
we dont knw d meaning of suck salt. messi and henry will put alot of goals on a platter 4 whoever playing cf. best ah luck to whoever that is............. that said kerrison may really get plenty sweat
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 18, 2009, 02:36:21 PM »
I heard that no one can beat Real Madrid on Fifa '09? A sign of things to come... :devil:

dais serious talk ???, cyar be, I send dem crying for dih mammy 5-0, 4-0, 3-1 on world class ??? wit barca an' chelsea in manager mood ???, an' wit one hand............tie behind mi back ::)
I pity the fool....

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 18, 2009, 02:41:48 PM »
I heard that no one can beat Real Madrid on Fifa '09? A sign of things to come... :devil:

dais serious talk ???, cyar be, I send dem crying for dih mammy 5-0, 4-0, 3-1 on world class ??? wit barca an' chelsea in manager mood ???, an' wit one hand............tie behind mi back ::)

I think the person was talking about the online version that was apparently updated with the new additions.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 18, 2009, 02:47:19 PM »

I think the person was talking about the online version that was apparently updated with the new additions.

k
I pity the fool....

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 18, 2009, 02:49:58 PM »
we dont knw d meaning of suck salt. messi and henry will put alot of goals on a platter 4 whoever playing cf. best ah luck to whoever that is............. that said kerrison may really get plenty sweat

Yuh gehin blinded by yuh love fuh club, ah mite not shout as loud as odders on dis forum, but I like dis side as well, inasmuch as ah will support de team nex season, doh mean ah have to wear blinders to a dumb move like dis, if yuh doh tink it dumb, no seen, we culd agree to disagree, de move dumb no ass
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 18, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »
buh like u n c how i rant and rave about this move in mi previous post. i doh like the move. but to predict gloom and doom 4 barca, is ah bit over d top ,aint it? after all ibra was the leading goal scorer in serie a last season. d man very skillful . he is jus  very hot and cold.

some 1 had the clip ,when he was at ajax, where he walk through ah side and score dread. i think some1 had it as their signature some years ago. but thats besides d pt.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 03:10:40 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 18, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »
buh like u n c how i rant and rave about this move in mi previous post. i doh like the move. but to predict gloom and doom 4 barca, is ah bit over d top ,aint it? after all ibra was the leading goal scorer in serie a last season. d man very skillful . he is jus  very hot and cold.

some 1 had the clip ,when he was at ajax, where he walk through ah side and score dread. i think some1 had it as their signature some years ago. but thats besides d pt.

Seen, hear yuh, yuh rite, is not gloom and doom, ah guess ah jus mad and disappointed, jus like yuh self, so it go....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 18, 2009, 05:12:42 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iPYmB6Ee5Dk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iPYmB6Ee5Dk</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #488 on: July 19, 2009, 12:43:54 AM »
OFFICIAL: Adebayor to Man City ... but Hughes have me cracking up because he says below that Adebayor adds vital balance to their attack - an attack that already has Robinho, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Bellamy and Benjani. That don't sound balanced nah, more top heavy. lol.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18072009/58/premier-league-adebayor-completes-city-move.html

Premier League - Adebayor completes City move
Eurosport - Sat, 18 Jul 22:25:00 2009

Manchester City continued their spending spree with the signing of Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £25 million.

The 25-year-old Togo international, who has penned a five-year contract, joins an impressive City forward line.
The big-spending Premier League club already boasts Carlos Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz, also signed in the close season, plus Robinho, Craig Bellamy and Benjani Mwaruwari.

City are bankrolled by wealthy Arab owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan and considered the richest club in the world.

"I have come here to make history for this club and those supporters. It's what the chairman and the manager told me they want too and I can't wait to get started," Adebayor said.

City manager Mark Hughes added: "Emmanuel has been one of the top forwards in the Premier League since he arrived from France and we are delighted he has agreed to come and join us.

"His arrival is another clear indication that we are determined to augment the players we have here with the best of international talent."

Adebayor joined Arsenal in 2006 from AS Monaco as a relative unknown and began attracting interest from other clubs after a career best tally of 30 goals in 48 games in the 2007-08 season.

The lanky frontman was deprived of a strike partner at Arsenal for much of last season following injury lay-offs to team mates Robin van Persie and Eduardo but still hit 16 goals, including 10 in the Premier League.

Adebayor did not win a trophy with Arsenal, the closest he came was in the 2007 League Cup final during which he was sent off in the defeat by Chelsea.

He was cup-tied for Arsenal's 2006 Champions League final after playing in earlier rounds for Monaco.

"We'll miss him but, of course, we want to focus on the players who are with us at the moment and want to wish him well and thank him for what he has done for the club," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said.

"I'm sure he will give something special to Man City," he added just before the deal was announced.

City manager Mark Hughes has set about creating a side ready to challenge for Champions League qualification next season.

Adebayor is City's fourth major signing of the transfer window following Tevez, who joined from Manchester United with a reported fee of £25.5m paid to his representatives, Santa Cruz who arrived from Blackburn Rovers and England midfielder Gareth Barry from Aston Villa.

"He adds vital balance and power to our attack," added Hughes. "He has everything a top forward needs. He is versatile, powerful, quick and agile on the ball.

"I am looking forward to working with him as are the rest of the staff. He will definitely add a new dimension to our play. I have been a great admirer for a long time."

The 2008 African Footballer of the Year, who will now head out to South Africa to join City's tour, scored 62 goals in 142 appearances in all competitions for Arsenal.

Reuters
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 19, 2009, 03:54:57 PM »
http://english.gazzetta.it/

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is all set to sign a five-year contract with Barcelona. The only issue seems to be Samuel Eto'o, who is set to go the other with a £35m cheque for Inter in his pocket. Reportedly, he wants a bonus from Barça of 15m euros and a five-year contract from Inter worth 10m a season (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 19, 2009, 04:57:28 PM »
OFFICIAL: Adebayor to Man City ... but Hughes have me cracking up because he says below that Adebayor adds vital balance to their attack - an attack that already has Robinho, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Bellamy and Benjani. That don't sound balanced nah, more top heavy. lol.

Benjani getting ship out...and if he play de entire season, whoever sign him going to get a boss player
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 20, 2009, 08:54:18 AM »
 :'( :'(

Guardiola says Eto'o should go

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8159267.stm

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola, who transfer-listed Samuel Eto'o last year, has said he believes the Cameroon striker should leave the club.

The Spanish champions are in talks with Italian side Inter Milan about a swap deal involving Eto'o, 28 and Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 27.

"I am convinced that the best thing for Barca is for Eto'o to leave," said Guardiola.

"Could I be mistaken? Maybe so. But I am here to make these decisions."

Guardiola added Eto'o's departure would be good for the team.

"I feel that it is best for the club and the team. It's a question of feelings," he stated.

"I am not here to change anyone's character, but I can decide on which players I want to count on for the season.

"After what we won, we had to change the dressing room. I took this decision from my experience as a footballer."

Eto'o had been on the verge of a deal with Manchester City but Mark Hughes's side withdrew their interest last week.

The forward signed for Barcelona from Mallorca for £16m in 2004.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 20, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »

"I am convinced that the best thing for Barca is for Eto'o to leave," said Guardiola.

"I feel that it is best for the club and the team. It's a question of feelings," he stated.

"I am not here to change anyone's character, but I can decide on which players I want to count on for the season.

strong words from Pep - what is he implying by bringing character into it?

It's almost like saying, "Hey - we'll give you Eto'o for Ibra. Eto'o can go off his rocker a bit frequently, so we're sending you $35M to take care of him, and just incase he locks himself in his room and decides he's not coming out, we're sending you a backup player for a year ... hopefully you sort it out by then"

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 20, 2009, 11:55:35 AM »

Might not be Moriatti's preference, but Eto'o was always admired by Mourinho since he was at Chelsea, and what Jose wants, Jose gets

plenty sides loading up their ammo, but it only have 1 CL trophy up for grabs and Real, Barca, Inter, Chelsea, Liverpool could take it. Somebody going to be disappointed and somebody going to get fired.
[/quote]

Jed is Moriatti who calling for eto season after season since actually they got ibracadabra from juve or was it when vieri left? it was around that time, and it look like the way the man moving they woulda do anything for him. inter do a piece of rubbish they needed a creative mid not a striker and to get rid of a striker who was creating sumn out of nun was madness. I expected them to chase after berba though, but whatever.
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 20, 2009, 12:07:48 PM »

strong words from Pep - what is he implying by bringing character into it?

It's almost like saying, "Hey - we'll give you Eto'o for Ibra. Eto'o can go off his rocker a bit frequently, so we're sending you $35M to take care of him, and just incase he locks himself in his room and decides he's not coming out, we're sending you a backup player for a year ... hopefully you sort it out by then"

Etoo doh put water in he mouth to talk. Dat being said....despite what....he rallies behind his teammates and gives 150%. Hleb talk outta turn dis week......talking bout the lack of opportunities...and dis de end result. Still as a deal it doh make sense. Buh...like dem willing to get rid of both of dem at any price..is like dey paying to dump dem.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 21, 2009, 03:14:44 PM »
Cottagers close on Riise
Fulham medical for midfielder

Norway international Bjorn Helge Riise is undergoing a medical ahead of a proposed move to Fulham.

As revealed by skysports.com Fulham are lining up a move for the highly-rated midfielder as they look to bolster their ranks ahead of the new season.

The Cottagers have confirmed that the 26-year-old midfielder, who has won 16 caps for his country, is in England to put the final touches to his move.

Riise, who is currently on the books of Lillestrom, is the younger brother of former Liverpool full-back John Arne Riise.

In a brief statement Fulham said: "Norwegian midfield player Bjorn Helge Riise has travelled to London for talks with the club and is currently undergoing a medical examination.

"This process is not due to be completed until late on Tuesday evening."

Riise began his career with Aalesund and came close to joining Cardiff in 2003.

He eventually moved Standard Liege instead, but struggled to make an impact with the Belgian giants.

He was loaned to FC Brussels for the 2004/05 campaign, before heading back to his homeland to join Lillestrom in the summer of 2005.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_5445256,00.html

Rumour is that he has signed.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 21, 2009, 03:17:16 PM »
Paper Talk
Skysports.com looks at today's newspapers

Last updated: 21st July 2009

Tuesday July 21st

City enter Beckham chase - The Sun
Manchester City are ready to rival Tottenham Hotspur for the signing of former Manchester United midfielder David Beckham.
Should Beckham return to the Premier League?

Villa consider Spurs duo - The Sun & Daily Star
Aston Villa want £10million-rated Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas, according to The Sun, while the Daily Star claims Alan Hutton is a £5million target for the Midlands club. Would that be a good investment for Villa?

City to up Terry ante - Daily Star
Manchester City are optimistic that a £40million offer will be enough to secure a deal for Chelsea captain John Terry. Is an end in sight to this saga?

Trotters close on Ricketts - Daily Star
Bolton are ready to make a £2million swoop for Hull City full-back Sam Ricketts and have also lined up a deal for Newcastle winger Damien Duff. Would these two be good recruits for Gary Megson?

Blues set for Hunt deal - Various
Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish is hoping to agree a £4million deal for Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt. Is Hunt set for a return to the Premier League?

Boro line up ambitious target - Daily Mirror
Middlesbrough are ready to make an ambitious bid to sign Aston Villa midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker. Could Boro persuade him to drop down to the Championship?

Heard any rumours? Let us know using the form below.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2920077,00.html

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 21, 2009, 03:29:54 PM »
City enter Beckham chase - The Sun
Manchester City are ready to rival Tottenham Hotspur for the signing of former Manchester United midfielder David Beckham.
Should Beckham return to the Premier League?

Interesting, particularly in light of the off-field incident at the AC Milan game. Despite what Becks has said so far about his committment to fulfilling his contractual obligations - Manchester is home, he was born close to Tottenham, WC is next year, EPL vs MLS and all the other factors.

Could also be an easy flip for City/ Spurs, to sell him off to Milan and made a quick buck.

City to up Terry ante - Daily Star
Manchester City are optimistic that a £40million offer will be enough to secure a deal for Chelsea captain John Terry. Is an end in sight to this saga?

Last week the number was 30M, this week it's 40M.
Still think that the going price for The Captain of England is £60 - £70M
..... and City is desperate for a world-class defender from a world-class team - maybe they should try to buy Carvalho ... didn't he reportedly want out of Chelsea? ... and I'm sure he'll probably only cost about £18M - £20M

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RO-RI in comeback
« Reply #498 on: July 21, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »
Two of the world's best could possibly link up this season as they seek show that they still have something left according to word from both the Boca and corinthian camps ... que tal ?

Riquelme: I'd Like To Play With Ronaldo

The Boca Juniors playmaker admitted that he would like to link up with the Brazilian superstar.
Jul 21, 2009 11:34:29 AM
Juan Roman Riquelme - Boca Juniors
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Juan Roman Riquelme - Boca Juniors
Related Links
Teams

* Boca Juniors

Juan Roman Riquelme is aware that he has attracted the attention of Brazilian outfit Corinthians, but he told the press that he has yet to receive a formal offer from the club.

Furthermore, the Boca Juniors midfielder affirmed that his agent hasn't spoken to anybody from Corinthians, but that he doesn't discard a possible move to the club in the future.

"Corinthians never called me. As well, I always say that first they have to talk to Boca and, if the club give permission, only then will I sit down to chat," said Riquelme.

Riquelme added: "Anybody would be motivated to play with Ronaldo, but this is my home and I have a very important season ahead. I'm very happy here and I want to win titles this season."

The former Argentine international also commented about Boca's upcoming tour of Europe, where they will clash with some of the continent's top clubs.

"We have set up a great tour, and will play against Manchester, Milan, Bayern, it will be excellent," even if "the vacations have been a touch short," he joked.

Gregory Sica, Goal.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 22, 2009, 09:04:08 AM »
Bordeaux have denied that they have received any offers from Sunderland for Marouane Chamakh, and in fact the president was quite insulting about their link!

A report in the Times said: Jean-Louis Triaud, the Bordeaux president, has denied that the French champions have received a £13 million offer from Sunderland for Marouane Chamakh. The Morocco forward has one year left on his contract and is wanted by Arsenal, should Emmanuel Adebayor leave.

“We never received an offer,” Triaud said. “What the f*** would he do at Sunderland? You have heard him say he will only sign for a big English club. I don’t want to insult Sunderland, but I don’t even know where they finished last season.”

So after Triaud open he crack an talk da shit, now we hear dis?!!

Chamakh: Sunderland talks at an advanced stage

In-demand Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has revealed he is in advanced talks with Sunderland.

The 25-year-old said earlier this week he had given up on his preferred move to Arsenal but still wanted a switch to England.  Chamakh refuted allegations he is seeking a transfer to the Premier League for financial reasons.  "Bordeaux have made me a more attractive proposition to stay," he said in L'Equipe. "So contrary to what some people say, I don't want to leave for money but to experience a new challenge......................
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=662309&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 22, 2009, 10:12:52 AM »
Sven relishing new challenge
Former England boss targeting Premier League football

Former England manager Sven Goran Eriksson has labelled his move to Notts County as the 'biggest' football challenge of his life.

The ex-Mexico and Manchester City boss has signed a five-year contract with the League Two club after joining as their new director of football.

While Eriksson, who spent just one season at Eastlands, was always keen to return to the Premier League, he concedes moving to Notts County is a difficult task.

However, that is not diminishing Eriksson's ambition as he believes the Magpies can be back playing top-flight football again within 10 years.

"It's great to come back to England," stated the Swede. "The weather is the same, as usual. The press is the same.

"I always said I wanted to come back to the Premier League. I've chosen the difficult way to do it. It takes some years, but speaking to Peter (Trembling) and the investors we'll do it.

"It's the biggest football challenge in my life trying to take Notts County to the Premier League. That's the target.

"That's why I'm here. It's the most difficult football job I've had so far. I'm looking forward to it and happy to be here.

"When [agent] Athole Still first asked me I said I'm not sure about that, but after listening to the people and seeing the project I became interested and here I am. It was quick. It was done within two weeks.

Challenge
"I feel fine. I'm looking forward to this new job and I'm sure we'll work very well together. As I've said the challenge is enormously big."

Eriksson was on a lucrative contract during his five-year spell with England and the 61-year-old has denied he is joining Notts County for financial reasons.

"I'm not here for money, I am here for the challenge," he continued.

"I'm not here for the weather, or if the city is nice or not. If that was the case then I could have gone to Italy. I'm here for the big challenge and that's the truth."

Eriksson has already held talks with manager Ian McParland, although he is not looking to muscle in on the Scot's job, stating he is only keen to learn more about the players at League Two level.

"We discussed players. I don't know the players here. I don't know the League Two players at all. I asked what we need to go further on. Among other things.

"I think to start with we have together to find good players. If we want to leave League Two we need good players. That's the first thing we need to do. Without good players you can't reach League One and the Championship."

When asked whether Eriksson's role as director of football means his career as a manager is over, he replied: "I hope not. I want to be in football for many years.

"You never know. I'm still hungry and love it. This job is a little bit new for me, but why not try that as well."

Notts County's new executive chairman Trembling has hailed Eriksson's capture as a 'coup' and says the job is vital for the club's progression.

Vast network
Trembling wants the Magpies to be promoted to the Championship in five years' time and believes Eriksson is perfectly suited to helping bring in the right type of player through his vast network of contacts.

"It's a great coup to introduce a new director football at this club," stated Trembling.

"A week ago I outlined plans for Munto Finance. The plans were all about taking the club to the next stage.

"For too long now the club have flirted with relegation and administration.

"Munto were attracted because of the heritage and the chance to take this club forward.

"To do that we need significant infrastructure. We need to bring the right players in to get into the Championship in five years.

"A director of football is a key position within this club. It's about the long term

"It's about bringing in someone in who knows the world game.

"Accordingly Mr Sven Goran Eriksson was perfectly suited for the role. We approached him via his people a few weeks ago.

"It's very ambitious for this club, but our ambition is unfounded. Our concentration is on steady progress throughout the leagues.

"Accordingly Sven does fit into that category. Sven's signed a five-year contract and he is an integral member for this football club from now on."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5448032,00.html

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
Eto'o agrees personal terms for Inter move
« Reply #501 on: July 23, 2009, 10:18:22 AM »
Samuel Eto'o's agent has announced the player has reached an agreement with Inter Milan.

GettyImages

Samuel Eto'o: Heading to Italy.

Inter have been in negotiations with Eto'o and his agent for the past few days after Barca had an offer of €45m plus the Cameroon striker for Zlatan Ibrahimovic accepted. Alexander Hleb will also join Inter on loan.

And, after Thursday's meeting with the Serie A champions, Josep Maria Mesalles told reporters the deal is all but complete.

"There's complete agreement with Inter,'' he told Radio Radio. "The negotiations are complete but it's not possible to say that the footballer now belongs to Inter because his release from Barcelona has not been resolved yet. But that won't be a problem.

"The deal is for five years, the player is happy.''

Eto'o has spent his entire professional career in Spanish football since joining Real Madrid in 1997.

The 28-year-old has had a successful five seasons at Barca but the cracks started to appear last summer when he was transfer-listed by new coach Pep Guardiola.

The Barca boss made it clear his feelings were still the same despite Eto'o lashing in 30 goals in 36 Primera Division games as the Catalan giants stormed to the treble.

And Mesalles is confident Eto'o will continue firing in the goals in Italy.

"Eto'o has been an important player in Spanish football,'' he added. "A player who wants to remain at big clubs. Did Guardiola undervalue the Cameroon striker? It's true that with the change of coach at Barcelona it was difficult for the player to do well.

"The player then showed a good performance. The contract will be for five years, the player wants to do well at Milan at Inter showed a lot of interest for Eto'o. The player is happy.

"I don't think Serie A is very different from La Liga. Eto'o has shown since the first moment of his debut in Spain that he can do well. There won't be any problems in Italy either.

"Maybe there will be a few days or months of adapting, also to life in Milan, but everything will change at the first game.''

The agreement will probably give the green light for Ibrahimovic's move in the opposite direction although his agent insisted earlier that the Sweden striker will not finalise his move to the Nou Camp on Thursday. And Mesalles claims that even if Ibrahimovic remains at Inter it will have no impact on Eto'o.

"The performance of one is different to that of the other,'' he said. "They are important players, each has to give his most for his club. Samuel is Samuel, he had a brilliant performance both in the league and the Champions League and now he wants to do well at Inter. His deal was completely independent to that of Ibrahimovic.''
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eto'o agrees personal terms for Inter move
« Reply #502 on: July 23, 2009, 10:21:46 AM »
Sad 2 c u goooooooooooooo
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 23, 2009, 10:23:04 AM »
30 goals can't change ah manager mind boy, what eto'o do so......anyways.......
I pity the fool....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 23, 2009, 10:36:12 AM »
God forbid Barca bounce up Inter in Champions League, Eto'o will bring forth fire and brimstone, it doh have another player on the planet with bad mind like that.. Just ask Real Madrid.

If Moratti really get Eto'o and 35 million pounds for Zlatan, that is the deal of the century.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Everton signs another American college player
« Reply #505 on: July 23, 2009, 10:41:11 AM »
Arnoux off to Everton

Wake Forest striker Cody Arnoux is set to join the American revolution at Everton.

Arnoux, pictured above (right) during his trial at Everton in March, is set to sign a contract with the Liverpool-based club today, making him the second American player to join Everton this summer. Midfielder Anton Peterlin, pictured on the left, signed earlier this month.

SBI first reported Arnoux's decision to leave Wake Forest on Wednesday, and now the All-American forward will be joining U.S. national team goalkeeper Tim Howard with the Toffees. Arnoux and Peterlin are expected to be with Everton when the club faces the MLS All-Star Team on July 29th in Utah.

A top prospect last year as a junior, Arnoux passed up a chance to sign with MLS after last college season in order to stay in school. He was projected to be a top three prospect in the 2010 MLS Draft, but will now join former Wake Forest strike partner Marcus Tracy in Europe.

(continue)

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Everton signs another American college player
« Reply #506 on: July 23, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »
Why ?

Does he have Trini parents?  ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 23, 2009, 10:47:20 AM »
niceness, american college players passing up MLS to sign for Everton.

End result MLS has to raise wages to get the best talent.

good news for US soccer.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 23, 2009, 10:50:21 AM »
If Moratti really get Eto'o and 35 million pounds for Zlatan, that is the deal of the century.

how much of that 35M going towards a last minute bid by Inter for a raid on Chelsea for Lampard??

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 23, 2009, 10:51:36 AM »
Wake Forest has an excellent college program. Kinda surprised they don't turn out more pros each year.

1]; } ?>