May 20, 2024, 11:47:16 PM

Author Topic: Carling cup  (Read 1570 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carling cup
« on: January 08, 2008, 03:48:42 PM »
chelsea vs everton

swp played the game as a central mid and bag 2 goals hmmm didnt look 2 bad either
it had 1 play where he won the ball in midfield  and played a defence splitting ball 4 pizzarro , pizzaro was clean through  but kicked it straight at howard. maybe grant have one or 2 things up  his sleeve

chelsea 2 vs everton 1

« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 03:51:26 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carling cup
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 03:51:10 PM »
chelsea vs everton

swp played the game as a central mid and bag 2 goals hmmm didnt look 2 bad either he slipped pizzarro  clean through with a nice ball but pizzarro kick it straight at howard

chelsea 2 vs everton 1

Nope.. Shithong worthless Lescott scored a 90th minute OG to hand lucky chelsea the win....  Obi Mikel also got a red card..surprise surprise

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 03:56:09 PM »
ok short man swp put  pressure on lescott for a header forcing hm to plce d ball into his own net

and based on what i have seen in english football especially from gerrard and lampard mikel deserved at best a yello card
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline bigwrig

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 04:07:53 PM »
At d end of d game when SWP shake Lescott hand, d man barely even reach Lescott shoulders.
Dat was rel poor on Lescott part dred

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 06:18:04 PM »
Chelsea v Everton   

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/league_cup/7172852.stm

Stamford Bridge
Tuesday 8 January
Semi-final first leg
Kick-off: 1945 GMT
Referee: Peter Walton
BBC coverage: BBC Sport website & BBC Radio 5 Live

Chelsea will be without Didier Drogba, Michael Essien and Salomon Kalou for the Carling Cup semi-final first leg because of the African Cup of Nations.

But Mikel John Obi could be available, Ricardo Carvalho returns after a ban, Ashley Cole is fit again and Petr Cech has an outside chance of being fit.

Everton wanted to play Steven Pienaar but were denied permission by Fifa.

Joseph Yobo hopes to be fit, while Tim Howard, Tim Cahill and Phil Neville return but Mikel Arteta is suspended.

News conference: Everton boss David Moyes

Provisional Chelsea squad: Cech, Hilario, Belletti, A Cole, J Cole, Ben-Haim, Alex, Carvalho, Bridge, Ferreira, Sidwell, Sinclair, Sahar, Wright-Phillips, Pizarro, Obi, Ballack.

Provisional Everton squad: Howard, Hibbert, Neville, Stubbs, Lescott, Yobo, Valente, Baines, Gravesen, Cahill, Carsley, McFadden, Johnson, Yakubu, Vaughan, Anichebe, Jagielka, Pienaar, Wessels.

#
Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole:
"Any team losing Drogba, Essien and Kalou is going to find it tough, but we've got the players here. Claudio Pizarro is top class.

"It's not going to be easy, but it's a great challenge.

"Everton are a brilliant side. They held us to a draw at Stamford Bridge and have a great manager in David Moyes.

"It'll be tough, but we've got to go and win the game on Tuesday. It would be great to go to Goodison Park with any lead. If we did that it would put us in a healthy position."

#
Everton captain Phil Neville:
"The FA Cup defeat [to Oldham] was a minor setback, but a lot of Premier League clubs had problems in the third round.

"We don't like losing and this season is not over by a long way. These things happen, we won't dwell on it, we will move on now and try to get to Wembley.

"Chelsea have not lost at home for a long while and Everton don't get to many finals, but my view is that we should go out and prove everyone wrong.

"To be the Everton captain that leads the side out at Wembley would probably be the best thing that has happened in my career.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 06:45:30 PM »
Watch the Arsenal game vs Tottenham, I must say I am yet to see Walcott have a good game for Arsenal. His best game was as a striker vs Sparta. He scored a fluke today but when we talk about all the youth out their today he has yet to show quality.
Tottenham were the better teanm today berbatov run things and Keane is tears.
Diaby slow down Arsenal everytime he get possession. I know he is not a wide player so its understandable. Denilson passing was off today and he seldom created anything giving the ball away often in dangerous areas.
senderos say no more I hear he getting a contract with Budwiser to take the place of dem Clydesdale horse. Talk about lumbering and man running behind him.
Tottenham look far more organized and showed good tempo when they attack. King come back and solid dem up. Should be a great return game.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 07:08:03 PM »
Watch the Arsenal game vs Tottenham, I must say I am yet to see Walcott have a good game for Arsenal. His best game was as a striker vs Sparta. He scored a fluke today but when we talk about all the youth out their today he has yet to show quality.
Diaby slow down Arsenal everytime he get possession. I know he is not a wide player so its understandable. Denilson passing was off today and he seldom created anything giving the ball away often in dangerous areas.
senderos say no more I hear he getting a contract with Budwiser to take the place of dem Clydesdale horse. Talk about lumbering and man running behind him.
Tottenham look far more organized and showed good tempo when they attack. King come back and solid dem up. Should be a great return game.

He actually had a great game against Chelski in the finals but ended up fadin late. Ah tink Walcott shows flashes but does not yet appear capable of doing it for a whole game. As talented as he is it is no guarantee that he can lead the line or be a consistent footballer. Just tuh tink Sven take he to Germany! Dat decision alone should a cost him his job! Plus he always injured. Ah also remember Arsene9 stated that Walcott needed to develop a hunger/drive in order to take his game to a next level. It seem like he always runnin around, expellin a lot of energy and then he does bun and yuh doh here from him again.
Sendoros is a less skillful Robert Huth!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »

Like yuh fuhgettin it was Tottenham's 1st XI against Arsenal's 2nd XI or wha?  8)

For a 2nd XI outfit, they did well.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:01:18 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »

Like yuh fuhgettin it was Tottenham's 1st XI against Arsenal's 2nd XI or wha?  8)

For a 2nd XI outfit, they did well.

No! I am just calling it as I see it. Even if it is Arsenal second string, their are expectations and they should be
able to handle Tottenham  :whew:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>