May 10, 2024, 08:33:01 AM

Author Topic: Travis Padgett takes ATO record  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Travis Padgett takes ATO record
« on: June 28, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Travis Padgett takes ATO record
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 10:51:19 PM »
 >:(
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 06:30:54 AM »

Short track! LoL

Doc Patton at the end of his career runs a 9.89s massive PB??

Offline REC

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 11:26:23 AM »
I agree with your sentiments all the way!!!!! Way too many PR's yesterday and by sizeable margins!!!??

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 12:01:37 PM »

Reading the blog it seems last year you thought Dix would have broken the record ... or be the one to break it and then it survived to this weekend ...

My question is ... at the time you set it ... did you think it would endure for over a decade? Fuh me, dahis an incredible feat in itself!

Condolences brotherman!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 02:14:13 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 04:08:35 PM »
I didnt think it would last a whole year! - Remember Obadele was a year behind me at UTEP and ran 9.69 windy in 1996.

The joke is that Dix went back to school for his last year JUST to try to get that record (his words), and never got it, but once these guys ran 10.1 at NCAAs I thought ok well it go be around longer 'cuz anyone running 9.89 will be pro already and won't be a collegian.....only for Padgett to come to Trials PRing left and right....and still lose to DIX who he beat at NCAAs 2 weeks ago - and miss out on the team - but he will get an olympic bronze on the 4x100m behind TNT and Jamaica  ;D

I always said, IF you run 9.8 in college (he is a junior) u deserve the record. The NCAA meet record will stand for a long time if Padgett goes pro, if not he can surely get it next year in Arkansas.  That kid is talented - he reminds me of Drummond great start and middle but so tight at the end he slows down a lot. It cost him a trip on the 100 team to Beijing

Records are to be broken, you enjoy them while you have them - u ent see MJ already gearing up he knows Bolt will break his 19.32

Me, I ent so sure. I don't even have Bolt winning the 200 in Beijing....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 04:32:14 PM »
Bolt eh sure to win de 100 either ;D

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 05:38:04 PM »
If the Olys run today, he would win, but in 45 days...anything can happen.

Double silver aint bad though.

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 07:34:56 AM »
AGREED

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 09:02:09 PM »
Brown winning dat fellas ....... second gold for T&T at the olympics

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »
I didnt think it would last a whole year! - Remember Obadele was a year behind me at UTEP and ran 9.69 windy in 1996.

The joke is that Dix went back to school for his last year JUST to try to get that record (his words), and never got it, but once these guys ran 10.1 at NCAAs I thought ok well it go be around longer 'cuz anyone running 9.89 will be pro already and won't be a collegian.....only for Padgett to come to Trials PRing left and right....and still lose to DIX who he beat at NCAAs 2 weeks ago - and miss out on the team - but he will get an olympic bronze on the 4x100m behind TNT and Jamaica  ;D

I always said, IF you run 9.8 in college (he is a junior) u deserve the record. The NCAA meet record will stand for a long time if Padgett goes pro, if not he can surely get it next year in Arkansas.  That kid is talented - he reminds me of Drummond great start and middle but so tight at the end he slows down a lot. It cost him a trip on the 100 team to Beijing

Records are to be broken, you enjoy them while you have them - u ent see MJ already gearing up he knows Bolt will break his 19.32

Me, I ent so sure. I don't even have Bolt winning the 200 in Beijing....

Ato your " Bolt eh winning "  is as outrageous as my " Brown winning in Beijing " ... some may say ...but I holding to that. He eh go break no world record but he wins races ...the only thing I would like to ask is that you help him out wid the post race interview please ?

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
Well here is some reprieve. The NCAA(LSU) has decided to count Richard's 9.89 from the games, so the record is still now partially in trini hands. ;D ;D

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=174344&Q_SEASON=2007

http://www.lsusports.net/pdf5/363167.pdf?ATCLID=174344&SPSID=27860&SPID=2172&DB_OEM_ID=5200

Here is some discussion on said topic from another MB.
http://www.trackshark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11546

BTW Ato yuh still have the championship record.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:13:18 PM by Aviator »
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 11:45:46 PM »
LOL at the time Gay had just run 9.77 and I thought he ent peak for Beijing yet and Bolt had not shown me he was capable of 19.3 with the 19.6 in Europe yet so NO ONE was picking BOLT over Gay just yet..... I got it right when it counted and when all the facts were in about a month before the games started, not to mention calling the WR when no one else thought he had a chance, including the man who owned the record.

http://www.hellenicathletes.com/news.php?news_id=466

BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>