May 21, 2024, 08:09:39 AM

Author Topic: Latapy appointed Player/Coach of National Senior Team.  (Read 18923 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy appointed Player/Coach of National Senior Team.
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2008, 05:17:51 PM »
Welcome Russell! Careful not to jump from de frying pan into de fiyah eh. Guidance. Love yuh loyalty.

+++

The obvious four key words are "in the first instance" ... we all hoping for beyond that ...

1. Too many cooks spoil de broth. Dis soup have plenty flavour, nuff ingredients and a few spices ah cyah puh ah name on, but ah very familiar smell.

Hmm? Don Francisco, Pacho brodda, Anton, Latas ... Jack, Dwight ... is a real big pot bubbling ... ah guess everybody going and eat ah food. Maybe iz early days yet.

2. Two heads are better than one ... stands in stark contrast to de crowded kitchen theory of 1 above. Ah wonder who is de head cook and who is de bottlewasher. 

3. If yuh cyah stand de heat get out de kitchen. Hmm. So far nobody volunteering to go siddung and leave de broth to bubble at de hands of one or two capable chefs. Hmm. So, am ... still room fuh poison. It mussee eh get too hot yet in de people kitchen.

4. What you see is not what you get. Somebody in de kitchen gehhin a lil career protection. One man is de common denominator right thru ... he is de only one who wuk wid all de different ingredients involved at some point in time ... nobody else could say that ... yuh hadda call him ah key ingredient if is ah corn soup ... if corn eh in it, de recipe change ... ah doubt is ah split pea soup.

5. Ah wouldn't sign up to be de royal tastetester in dat mansion. Refer to poison in 3.

Who hungry fuh de nex 2 matches to kick off? Meh bowl ready and ah have meh spoon. After allyuh.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 05:32:56 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 05:21:09 PM »
Honestly... If we going to make a fresh bold change like this why not get rid of Maturana and Corneal and let Latas try his hand at the 3 games ... if we fail we fail... onto 2014  but Latapy should be head coach and Maturana and his staff gone...

eg Jamaica... They did the right thing...get the shit out and bring in fresh blood...

And Stern better be in that upcoming squad...better be

I guess de TTFF keeping Maturana so incase we fail to get to the hex they will blame Maturana(which is justified) and give Latas the head coach role

i have a feeling Maturana going to resign though 

JACK! we will still love Latas if he didnt take us to the hex this time round ...  he would have always had an uphill battle and we would have accepted that

GET MATURANA AND CORNEAL(S) OUT BEFORE OCTOBER 11TH

AND BRING BACK STERN!

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2008, 05:25:01 PM »
This is Good NEWS!!!! It's time to Vibes It Up!!!!! ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Do you think it was the right thing to bring Latas to coach with Maturana?
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2008, 05:35:01 PM »
Maturana is obviously a complete waste...and Anton and his dad seem to want to build their own team to qualify so they could get their credit

After all the bullshit performances since Feb 08' ... one would think Maturana would have been sacked due to his crazy selection policy and the sub par performances

Now..Jamaica basically went through the same situation with Simoes making decisions which the fans did not like... so the obvious solution  bring in a fan favourite coach and get rid of Simoes

What we do?  We bring in our King and put him as assistant alongside Maturana and Corneal...

Why didnt the TTFF just sack Maturana and staff and let Latapy have a go at the 3 remaining games?

Reasons:
1) Should we fail all blame will be directed to Maturana and Corneal and Latapy will take over for the 2014 campaign

2) TTFF have no logic

3) If we make the hex Maturana will be sacked and "The Magic Show" will begin

Do you think we should have just brought in Latapy and let him choose his staff

or do you agree Maturana should be there?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2008, 05:40:33 PM »
I hope when we get we arse buss and alyuh blaming Pacho alyuh blame Latas too, cause alyuh does blame Anton too. Don't be hypocritical now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think it was the right thing to bring Latas to coach with Maturana?
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2008, 05:41:53 PM »
Latas getting set up, and he go get the axe with everyone else after we eh make the Hex. Or he may take over after the fail WC bid.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2008, 05:42:48 PM »
This is like yuh finally get with a gyul you was tracking for the last 10 years and then first time you manage to grab on to her and kiss her you realise she breath kicking like Jet Li.

It feeling good but something smelling funny.

I go hold mih thoughts on this one.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2008, 05:45:05 PM »
Latas getting set up, and he go get the axe with everyone else after we eh make the Hex. Or he may take over after the fail WC bid.

correct is right

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2008, 05:45:52 PM »
This move is unlikely to yield any tangible results on the field... but it bodes well for the future.  I don't know what sort of a coach Latas will eventually make, but at least he's being groomed to be the future coach of TnT, and likely means that Anton's clear path has at least now taken on somewhat of a twist.  Anton very well will be in the future coaching mix... make no mistake, but there will be no dynasty.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2008, 05:50:41 PM »
The verdict on Matu still out.  I not sure which coach would have made us beat the US.  The draw in Trini is the players fault.  However, Matu seemed to have had a mad/genius streak from the start.  I don't think Matu should be sacked yet because no coach would have helped us against the US.  Would different players have made the difference?  Maybe, we'll have a home game to settle that point.  The way I see it SM we should take at least 7 from the next 3 games.  If we do that we in.  I think with the crop of players back we could do that under Matu.  With Latas back, BIG PLUS.  To put Latas as head coach now would just ruin the man chances of keeping that job long term.

We have a win, a draw and an expected loss.  The biggest disappointment is dropping that point to Guat.  I can't blame the coach for that.  I think Latas would add to the team but i don't think that he may make a better head coach than Matu.  Let Latas prove himself under less do or die circumstances.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2008, 05:58:36 PM »
Maybe anton went back to coaching the under17, or maybe not.  good luck RUSSELL, all the best.            positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2008, 05:59:24 PM »
things are getting curiouser and curiouser

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2008, 06:03:14 PM »
The verdict on Matu still out.  I not sure which coach would have made us beat the US.  The draw in Trini is the players fault.  However, Matu seemed to have had a mad/genius streak from the start.  I don't think Matu should be sacked yet because no coach would have helped us against the US.  Would different players have made the difference?  Maybe, we'll have a home game to settle that point.  The way I see it SM we should take at least 7 from the next 3 games.  If we do that we in.  I think with the crop of players back we could do that under Matu.  With Latas back, BIG PLUS.  To put Latas as head coach now would just ruin the man chances of keeping that job long term.

We have a win, a draw and an expected loss.  The biggest disappointment is dropping that point to Guat.  I can't blame the coach for that.  I think Latas would add to the team but i don't think that he may make a better head coach than Matu.  Let Latas prove himself under less do or die circumstances.
Best post on this topic so far, preach meh brother.                  positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2008, 06:10:26 PM »
Please name d coach dat woulda make we beat Bermuda. If we ever tink long term which we don't hex on no hex Latas want 2 coach oui. How much peeps in dat category plus he familiar wit d TTFF that is a huge plus
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2008, 06:10:38 PM »
Counting rell eggs b4 dey hatch...........it never good tuh make a deal wit d  :devil:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »
I don't think what's going on is anything new to our Football,it's something we tried the last time and it worked so we trying it again,Yorke and Latapy was brought out of retirement to bolster the team for 06 WC,the usual short cuts,quick fixes,plasters on sores mentality,lets enjoy the ride.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2008, 06:17:06 PM »
Elan I thought u say if Latas back u gone. U still posting. We blame Anton because we know he pops was pullin d strings via he
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2008, 06:19:09 PM »
I cyah see Latas surviving from 2010 to 2014 ... nor do I see any particular advantage or incentive for him to do so aside from the obvious benefit of experience and the ability to move on to somebody else's national team once done with us ... something that Anton should consider as well at some point in his coaching journey ...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2008, 06:21:13 PM »
Latas need to bring een the missing local warriors asap .Noel and guera ect ,he cyah do them things while Tuturanna there,So yeah maybe it would have been better to just hand over the reins ,cause rite now he just working under ah lame duck coach ..................UNLESS he was promised full power ,as a stipulation if he smart!.
Then have Mats waiting in the flanks to smoke he own shit pipe ,if we lose out .
CONGRATS TO THE GREAT ONE ON HIS RETURN"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2008, 06:34:46 PM »
As I said Latas and dem real patriotic 2 b dealin wit d TTFF sleepin wit d enemy if dat is real it eh have nutten on wukin 4 d TTFF

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2008, 06:45:44 PM »
We always knew that Russell was going to get a shot at the national team someday. He's not here to coach , but to motivate, just like he and Dwight did the last time - that's his magic.

Getting rid of Pacho now is going to be counter-productive, and keep Stern where he is, ah want speed upfront.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 06:50:37 PM »
We always knew that Russell was going to get a shot at the national team someday. He's not here to coach , but to motivate, just like he and Dwight did the last time - that's his magic.

Getting rid of Pacho now is going to be counter-productive, and keep Stern where he is, ah want speed upfront.

yeah Speed with no goals.... 

f**k off

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2008, 06:54:35 PM »
Firebran brought this thread the other day and we had ah debate about it, ah doh know weh these men does get they imfo from darm bro alyuh good ,anyhow Weary yuh ha me eating meh words gul yuh not easy yuhself . ah glad that alyuh wish came through for we betterment .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2008, 06:59:53 PM »
Elan I thought u say if Latas back u gone. U still posting. We blame Anton because we know he pops was pullin d strings via he

I waiting to see if he go really run out on the field.  ;D

Seriously though I think this is bad timing for Latas to step in. However if it work out then great. Full steam ahead.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2008, 07:00:36 PM »
It's about %*&!ing time....... :beermug:

But remember the TTFF is still running things and with them is always 1 step forward and 10 step back...it seems we just riding the wave and we going where ever it take we...

Do your thing Little Magician :applause:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2008, 07:02:24 PM »

f**k off

Small, does your name refer to your dick size, or brain size? - just asking.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2008, 07:02:49 PM »

f**k off

Leaving dem nah Small, let them get what they asking for. I am a big fan of Glen and Toussaint,,,,,,,,,, and not to enthusiastic about Stern, but class is class.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »

f**k off
Since Stern was dropped we have played 3 WCQ games and scored 4 goals. So I don't think that the team has missed Stern. Who we missed was Dwight in the US game.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2008, 07:18:31 PM »
Elan glad 2 c u still wit us. If he take d field or not is left 2 b seen. Scenario 1 we eh make d hex we football dead till 2012 some hound is hired and come late in d day lets pull d Latapy rabbit out ah d hat again.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2008, 07:18:39 PM »
just as long as Russell has the money in the bank......FIRST
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>