May 14, 2024, 07:35:25 AM

Author Topic: After so many games played, what are we missing from our team?  (Read 9293 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: After so many games played, what are we missing from our team?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 09:28:28 PM »
How many games we have to play to realize euro teams quick and determined to win ,before they know that  ??? A remedy might be more useful than constant reminders .

well the thing is, sport is not theory. Of course we don't need to learn that Euro teams are quick.....they all know that.......in theory...but the word "learn" in sport goes beyond knowing...it's more about learning to play against it and gradually adapting to it..and one of the ways to do such is to continue to seek such competition and a regular basis. (amongst other things of course)....

so it's not a case of playing games to learn what to expect, but playing games repeatedly to eventually learn to play at the same level........

I agree that friendlies against Euro teams are by no means not enough......there's alot of preparation that needs to be done on the front end, but to say that the "constant reminders" do no good is not a intelligent assertion either....
Hm kicker now ,jed I never say it ein't no good to play euro teams ,which are hard to come by in the first place!.I said we need a solution to beat them ,surprise them. Shocking upsets are not a thing of the past u know.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 09:52:41 PM »
It so funny to hear men talk wether this austrian team is a shit side or not this team was better than us by four goals to one....my beef with losing has never that we lost it was the manner in which we lost it was always a reflection of the coaching when we lose to guatemala 5 -1 it was a reflection of a desperate coach at the time...when we lose to mexico 2-0 in  mexico we went down battling pressure games we lose we went down battling now in an international friendly we lose four to one it is a reflection of what the coach doing or inspiring or rather of what he isnt doing and isnt inspiring...which evidently is coaching and good soccer.....!
I say it here and I say it now my hunch about wim is correct he is nothing he is living off the remnants of a beenie era the longer he stays in there the more we fall which will make the climb back up that more difficult.....

ngozi was around for a good while, so he knows what we have been thru as supporters, we need a coach to stop making the players as excuses and fess up to his technical difficulties

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 10:35:53 PM »
It so funny to hear men talk wether this austrian team is a shit side or not this team was better than us by four goals to one....my beef with losing has never that we lost it was the manner in which we lost it was always a reflection of the coaching when we lose to guatemala 5 -1 it was a reflection of a desperate coach at the time...when we lose to mexico 2-0 in  mexico we went down battling pressure games we lose we went down battling now in an international friendly we lose four to one it is a reflection of what the coach doing or inspiring or rather of what he isnt doing and isnt inspiring...which evidently is coaching and good soccer.....!
I say it here and I say it now my hunch about wim is correct he is nothing he is living off the remnants of a beenie era the longer he stays in there the more we fall which will make the climb back up that more difficult.....

the man have one loss  (by not feild our best team) due to injuries pull outs trying to blood  locals  players  with a young   goalie  and men want to kill him calling fuh he head

Boss I watching this game and playing this game long time and I supporting my national team long time.......you really feel I judging him because he lose one game?.......You feel when we beat st vincent that was because ah his coaching or men jus naturally superior to the team?......a good coach implements something into a team a belief highlights a potential something when beenie came in he instilled discipline and the belief in football on any given day any team could win.......when gally came in he instilled the belief that we could play our own style and we had the talent to do it....there was a german helmut scholl who coached us just for a short time back and he  instilled discipline and control and there was a difference.....notice i'm not calling bertil because the influence he had on this team from a positive point of view was only in the gold cup and he worked better with youths who would submit to his attitude....Im not calling vranes or porterfield or even the brazilian simoes because he is good but he didnt click with the team so his abilities may have been negated by that..........also reflect on wim he makes excuses he doesnt provide solutions ...I'm telling you there was A VIBE FROM THE GET GO I WASNT FEELING THAT FELLA

Wim the  we not up to par and he is going to try to bring us up start the cussing next year after the gold cup. his solution give the players exposure and they learn have them play with the better  player and they would improve....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 10:46:07 PM »
triniman...so now as is wim,,de palyers not up to pR?

STEUPS OR STEEPS

TrinInfinite

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 11:00:28 PM »
triniman...so now as is wim,,de palyers not up to pR?

STEUPS OR STEEPS

anythig that wim say, fellahs on here view it as the law, i beg to differ, i think we have immense talent in we nation but we need a coach to bring out our talent as a unit.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 11:14:01 PM »
not everything wim say he law but the man make an out line of what he want to do... give the man a blasted chance ... he say he going local in the digicel 

and how does this result prove that wim nuh up to par please explain ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 12:07:33 AM »
Today, we went with a team minus its full compliment of Defenders and we had inexperienced Keepers.  The results eh no surprise.  We grooming.  Is not time to panic yet.  The more experience we get like dis, the better off we will be in the future.  Is not like we should expect to be dominating European opposition at this time.  Is a work in progress.  Let we handle we business in de Concacaf first.  Be thankful we have a lot of the pieces in place already. 

We have not played badly in the other games under Wim.  Give the man a chance.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:10:30 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 09:05:07 AM »
I dont judge a manager or a team on friendly performances. There is a big difference between a friendly and a competitive match.

Dont get me wrong, i am dissapointed to see a 4-1 loss against Austria, but in the long term scheme of things it will be insignificant. Wim has another 2 years to work out his best 15-20 players that are capable of taking us to the World Cup in 2010.

But i do agree that without Yorke and Latapy we will have a lack of creativity. That is why for the last however many months i have been telling everyone on this site that Yorke should stick around for the next 4 years and we should not be wasting his talent in the defensive midfield position.

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2006, 09:13:24 AM »
 we fail to realise the impact that yorke ,latapy and beenhacker had on an otherwise average team.beenhacker took the pieces and put them together in the bast way possible there could have been no attacking football in the world cup as some insisted .another puzzle now has to be FIXED  by the new coach i am all in favour for guys like dwarika and hardest being in the team even people like nigel pierre would be excellent replace ments for stern john how ever they have to prove to the coach that they have the stamina and fitness to make the team this means to remain playing a high standard of football for at least two seasons .toussaint has been a favourite of mine for years how ever he does not appear to be any fitter ,stronger or faster since i first saw him about five years ago.there are certain things you do if you really want to make it to maximise your ability are jemmot dwarika and toussaint doing these things
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:07:22 PM by fatman »

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2006, 09:32:41 AM »
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:08:01 PM by Lightning »
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2006, 09:54:02 AM »
we fail to realise the impact that yorke ,latapy and beenhacker had on an otherwise average team.beenhacker took the pieces and put them together in the bast way possible there could have been no attacking football in the world cup as some insisted .another puzzle now has to be made by the new coach i am all in favour for guys like dwarika and hardest being in the team even people like nigel pierre would be excellent replace ments for stern john how ever they have to prove to the coach that htey have the stamina and fitnass to make the team this means to remain playing a high standard of football for at least two seasons .tousint has been a favourite of mine for years how ever he does not appear to be any fitter ,stronger or faster since i first saw him about five years ago.there are certain things you do if you really want to make it to maximise your ability are jemmot dwarika and toussaint doing these things
exactly...but how you feel yorke and latapy and nakhid and dem get there?  is by day in day out playing in leagues where men bitin hard at you right thru.   You could see the difference in leagues in that match, give any old stranger  a list of leagues and match the players (ps carlos is premiership material).  The pfl improving, and I couldn't reasonably ask for more...but for the near term future the only solution I could see is getting them men together every month and stop playing jokey teams (I not saying to go and play brazil either), but play teams that considerably faster than us - paraguay, peru, egypt...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2006, 10:01:49 AM »
    After so many games played, what are we missing from our team?

Talent

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2006, 11:48:46 AM »
I think we need a better coach...one that know how and where to utilize his players
one that can motivate and inspire players from the training pitch
Also he is an ex Dutch national, what is he doing in terms of tryin to get local base players trials
in Holland, the same way fenwick does.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2006, 11:52:22 AM »
I think we need a better coach...one that know how and where to utilize his players
Also he is an ex Dutch national, what is he doing in terms of tryin to get local base players trials

i asked this question since beenie arrived and still none of we players in holland... >:(

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2006, 11:58:03 AM »
in Holland, the same way fenwick does

i asked this question since beenie arrived and still none of we players in holland... >:(

is he or the clubs suppose to do that....  ... an we play in ah WC if any ducth club wanted we players ent they would ah come looking. 

boy wim have to do every thing boy he in real real shit... LIKE he have va eto do everyting

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006, 02:03:52 PM »
Give the man a chance to work the kinks and find the men who could do the job nah. I feel optimistic that we would have a solid team going into the GOLD CUP next year and we would crush

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2006, 04:39:28 PM »

It is really the job of the club and the players' agents to broker deals like this. The national team coach does his part by selecting the player on the National team and granting him exposure. After that it should be out of his hands. Daniel Passarella and Wanderlei Luxemburgo acted as agents for players while they were National team coaches of Argentina and Brazil and got embroiled in huge scandals. They were accused of systematically selecting 'their' players to the national team to increase the likelihood of them going to a foreign club and making a profit off their sale. Even if they were not making any money off the sale, it would be almost impossible to prove that their national team compensation did not include bonuses or compensation related to players' sales. As such, national team coaches are advised not to act as agents for players, as it would encourage favoritism and is considered unethical. We should not expect that from Wim or any national team coach...especially if the player is attached to a club and/or has an agent.....

Besides..waht more you want. Beenie took the T&T job. The whole world knew. They watched us qualify for the world cup, they watched us play in the WC..If any Dutch club wanted a T&T player..they ahd ample opportunity to make a move. And they did make moves...for better players in other countries
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 04:45:47 PM by Filho »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2006, 04:57:35 PM »
bottom line..we missing good players..the local based not ready especially if they name hardest and dwarika.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2006, 05:58:03 PM »
I wonder how many games in it's history the T&T national team has played other European national teams IN EUROPE?

If yuh want to count Britain as Europe...as far as I can remember, we played Scotland in Scotland under BSC and get licks 4-0 or sumting so.

Den we played Iceland in England and beat dem 2-0

Played Wales in Wales and lost 2-1

Played Slovakia in Slovakia and colleck 3 ah tink

Played Czech Republic in Prague and colleck a nex 3

Played Sweden in Germany and drew 0-0 with 10 men

Played England in Germany and lost 2-0

Played Austria in Austria and lost 4-1

Anybody remember any other games against European national teams in Europe?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2006, 06:05:57 PM »
to follow up on filho statement - TI might be rantin for whim and beenie to do something illegal
http://fifa.com/en/regulations/regulationlegal/0,1577,3,00.html

if is fire yuh want the man get fire then I could see yuh tactic  ;D

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2006, 06:38:52 PM »
I wonder how many games in it's history the T&T national team has played other European national teams IN EUROPE?

If yuh want to count Britain as Europe...as far as I can remember, we played Scotland in Scotland under BSC and get licks 4-0 or sumting so.

That was Slovenia 3:1 (2:1) and the Wales game was in Austria

before that
Finland and N Ireland were played in POS. Going back more years, Russia, Ireland and Finland a few more times all in POS.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2006, 11:53:27 PM »

That was Slovenia 3:1 (2:1) and the Wales game was in Austria

before that
Finland and N Ireland were played in POS. Going back more years, Russia, Ireland and Finland a few more times all in POS.

Thanks eman.  I could have sworn the Wales game was played in Wales. 

My point about stressing IN EUROPE is that we have had many teams come down to the Caribbean to play and we play them in conditions that are relatively unfamiliar to them i.e. hot, muggy, humid conditions so the results against those teams in those conditions would not be a fiar comparison to when we play European teams in conditions that they are much more accustomed to than we are.

Getting beat 4-1 by Austria wasn't really surprising to me given that we were playing in Europe, in November, in the heart of their domestic season, given that we were missing our most experienced players and their replacements were either local based or MLS players who not familiar with these conditions.

If at the heart of their preparation for the World Cup, our team then could lose 3-0 and 3-1 to Czech Republic and Slovenia respectively when we had all of our players, it's no surprise to me that Austria beat us as they did.

As I had said previously, the RESULT didn't matter to me.  I was hoping to see a few of the local based show that they belonged at this level and the established players continue to grow at this level of competition.

Certainly Carlos Edwards and to a lesser extent Collin Samuel and Dennis Lawrence confirmed the latter.  Sadly, nobody of the local based contingent really showed anything to suggest they belonged.  But there is still time for that.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2006, 06:22:12 AM »
My question to wim is - what do you do every day of the week? why are you here? We have players based in trinidad, and not yet have we heard of weekend camps under wim for training..did it happen and kept a secret? if he doesn't get the players together to play and train, then how can he expect them to play to his expectations, - what, after 3 days??? he has to be a madman..
how dare he complain now about the pace of the game, doesn't he call the shots? man is pretending to be a coach..one thing a coach has to do is coach. nuff said.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2006, 09:29:02 AM »

it was 4-1 we loss, stern john goal
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:14:49 AM by palos »
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2006, 10:51:18 AM »
Isee alot of men are making some very good points and other men just STUBORN to the core at even contradicting their own selves, making very ggod points on one hand and saying something disastrous on the other.  What is it going to take for us to see that the vast difference in talent, and the talent development between our country and all the others that we aspire to emulate is what is killing us and will continue to kill us if we keep on doing the same things.......over and over again.  We made it to the world cup against the greatest of odds (and some may argue that, had Mexico really had something to play for and sent a FULL, COMPETITIVE TEAM, we weren't even going to make it past THEM) and IN SPITE OF our own poor system of development.  If we do not have a proper system of development to continually churn out the necessary talent, and by "talent" I mean players that have mastered every possible phase of development to be competitive on the world or even the regional stage, how can we just expect that, by putting in a "coach" that he can and should just "make" such players out of them?  We should have been worrying about replacing Latas, Dwight, Shaka and Stern long before now, and we should have been doing that with a proper system in place, PERIOD!  Didn't we learn from the penalty shoot-out against the US in '83?  Didn't McComie Eve and Boney and they learn from all the lix we get in Portugal '91 and didn't  we as a nation witness it with our own eyes in T&T 2001?  I understand fully and to a great extent agree with what men talk about "learning" what the faster and better trained opposition is like, but if we still don't "know" by now, we shall forever be asking these questions of ours teams.......and coaches. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »
My question to wim is - what do you do every day of the week? why are you here? We have players based in trinidad, and not yet have we heard of weekend camps under wim for training..did it happen and kept a secret? if he doesn't get the players together to play and train, then how can he expect them to play to his expectations, - what, after 3 days??? he has to be a madman..
how dare he complain now about the pace of the game, doesn't he call the shots? man is pretending to be a coach..one thing a coach has to do is coach. nuff said.

OK....you ask some questions that probably should be thought out a little more. Out of curiosity...how do you suppose Wim goes about calling National team training during the PFL season? Do you think it is a matter of just being nice to the PFL coaches and tey will hand over their players? I don't know..so maybe he is doing something wrong or not doing enough...but I do remember the PFL cocahes refusing to release their players to Beenie and there was not much he could do about it. I doubt things have changed under Wim's regime. Sorry, but Wim does not call all the shots...to answer your question.

He did not complain about the pace of the game. As the coach, he ahs to offer an explanation to the press when they ask whyw e were so handily beaten. And he stated the facts and explained how we would get better. Note he did not say they are not good enough or skilful enough...just that we need to be more intense form the first whistle..something that can be learned. If he gave no reason you would complain how he is a beps. And no amount of practice can fully prepare a player to play at a greater intensity..only games..like the Austria one. Practice games like that are a necessity.

Wim might end up being a poor coach, but right now, he has dome nothing to deserve all the criticism he getting on this board. T&T have much deeper football problems and Wim eh no magician

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2006, 01:37:56 PM »

OK....you ask some questions that probably should be thought out a little more. Out of curiosity...how do you suppose Wim goes about calling National team training during the PFL season? Do you think it is a matter of just being nice to the PFL coaches and tey will hand over their players? I don't know..so maybe he is doing something wrong or not doing enough...but I do remember the PFL cocahes refusing to release their players to Beenie and there was not much he could do about it. I doubt things have changed under Wim's regime. Sorry, but Wim does not call all the shots...to answer your question.

He did not complain about the pace of the game. As the coach, he ahs to offer an explanation to the press when they ask whyw e were so handily beaten. And he stated the facts and explained how we would get better. Note he did not say they are not good enough or skilful enough...just that we need to be more intense form the first whistle..something that can be learned. If he gave no reason you would complain how he is a beps. And no amount of practice can fully prepare a player to play at a greater intensity..only games..like the Austria one. Practice games like that are a necessity.

Wim might end up being a poor coach, but right now, he has dome nothing to deserve all the criticism he getting on this board. T&T have much deeper football problems and Wim eh no magician

filho you good yes...you and kicker beating ah dead horse....until dem people come to the realisation that on the world stage, our footballers are not that talented, we will never get past winning the much coveted "Caribbean cup"
they want tuh blame Beenie, blame Wim....fire de coach and get somebody else  who go play "we style" ah football....and de only outcome will be that we go continue to get cutarse  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

1]; } ?>