May 09, 2024, 02:37:36 AM

Author Topic: Freddy Adu Thread  (Read 121058 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Freddy Boy, go and play for Ghana!
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2005, 10:18:57 AM »
Let Freddy cool his little ass. He is good no doubt but he is still too young and has a lot to learn, Maturity for starters.

I once again blame the American media for hyping him up to be this celebrity and now his head is too big to see the bigger picture.

Do you really think he would be a starting player for any of the big European clubs HELL NO!
He has the touch no doubt but he does hold the ball too long and get the wind knocked out of him from a tackle when he could have played it off. When United played against Chelsea over the summer, he was an eager beaver coming off the bench, but could not get past their defenders not even once.

With time he would be great but not for another 5 yrs...
All i'm saying is sitting on a bench will not help him,when will he get the chance to do the things you stated,we had guys like Marcelle,Anton etc that got opportunities at very young ages and no one asked the questions we ask today,no one knows where any one can play or will end up,even the great Yorke will struggle to make a division 1 EPL team and we all know why (one is Race).

You talkin $h*t
Yorke can easily make any FIrst Div Team, and can still contribute a lot to a Premier Leage team.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2005, 01:49:03 PM »
All ah hah to say is that de youth need to stay grounded.  He shoudda go to Europe in the first place; signing for the MLS was a big mistake.  Ah ain't think he realize that the academies over in Europe does prepare yuh for playing in the big leagues.  He still go have to make ah big adjustment when he does decide to go to Europe.  He shoudda go to Holland, a good league for young players and hone he skill, then jump to ah bigger league, a la Ronaldo and Beasley.  Dem agents just looking for money.  He know he would not have gotten anything if Adu went over to Europe early, so he stick him in the MLS so he could get he signing fee.  Bout Germany:  He wasn't going in the first place.  U. S. is too deep right now, and he needs to be a little more consistent in his play.  Taking him along would be more as a learning exercise, more of a future investment, as against present ability to make the squad.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 09:56:42 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2005, 03:51:11 PM »
Marcos is right. Yorke can still play in the EPL, but you cannot compare the two. If Yorke was brought into Aston Villia at that age he ain't seeing no start on the first team for a long time.
What Freddy needs to do is use this time to sharpen his skills, and parctice a little humility, because he is so good men would target him and injure him. Man they would maul his backside in the EPL

Take time Freddy your time will come
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 09:38:33 AM by grskywalker »

Offline trinibug

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2005, 08:30:55 PM »
yuh see, look now DC suspend yuh ass.
Hard luck dey Freddy.

Ay! I hear Arsene looking for a replacement for Viera, go and check him while yuh suspended nah, see if he will give you a sweat
Must rhyme with an O

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2005, 12:16:34 PM »
Too much mouth for a 16 yr old.
That's what happens Freddy, hey nah hear Bahrain looking for players!, jus sen your resume addressed to
 David Nakhid of the Bahrain Football Association he go give yuh a run
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 12:18:37 PM by grskywalker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2005, 12:42:41 PM »
People remember freddy is only 16 and is far from the finished product he will total dominate that league at 18.Basical i think he is as good as or a bit better than the average player.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2005, 02:33:42 PM »
And it is because he is far from the finished product it's all the more reason he needs to be a little more humble in his approach to this issue.
If he has a bad attitude from now coaches will be apprehensive about hiring him no matter how good he is

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2005, 02:44:04 PM »
In Freddy's defence though, he has always played with older fellas and done well so he probably sees this as no different, especially since scoring 4 goals for his team and getting MVP honors.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ghana Wants Freddy Adu to Play for Them in Germany - Should He?
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2005, 08:57:30 AM »
what allyuh think? he should play for the black stars or hold out for a US call up?

i bet arena field him in a freindly real soon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4521118.stm

Ghana plan Adu swoop 
Piers Edwards
BBC Sport 

Ghana-born Freddy Adu has played for the USA at junior level

Ghana are going to make a dramatic bid to lure teenage star Freddy Adu into representing them at next year's World Cup.

The 16-year-old currently plays for the United States at youth level but is Ghanaian by birth.

Yet he can switch nationalities because Fifa allow a player to play for one team at youth level and another at senior level as long as he makes the change before the age of 21.

Now the Black Stars aim to convince the teenager to play for them at not only the World Cup but next month's Nations Cup as well.

"We have decided to contact Adu to ask him to decide whether he would like to play for Ghana or the United States," Black Stars coach Ratomir Dujkovic told BBC Sport....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Ghana Wants Freddy Adu to Play for Them in Germany - Should He?
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2005, 08:59:26 AM »
Similar situation with striker Salomon Kalou.

He born in the Ivory Coast, lives and plays in Holland with Eindhoven and has been invited by Van Basten to play with the Dutch National team.  Of course, both Holland and Ivory Coast in the same group.  He applyin fuh Dutch citizenship right now.

Funny eh?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2005, 09:14:26 AM »
Freddy boy go and play for Ghana, and beat the US, cause if your MLS career continues to do downhill, you will soon no longer be the US poster child for Soccer, and you may no even see the pitch during the WC.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2005, 09:22:31 AM »
Funny how posters here don't rate this kid and look at what's happening,not only the US sees it but Ghana also,DC Utd still giving him pressure to play and when he talks he should not(because he black).
   I will repeat what i've always said all along that kid is good.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2005, 09:26:52 AM »
Funny how posters here don't rate this kid and look at what's happening,not only the US sees it but Ghana also,DC Utd still giving him pressure to play and when he talks he should not(because he black).
   I will repeat what i've always said all along that kid is good.

coops,

no doubt. the boy have skill. that is undisputed.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2005, 09:37:53 AM »
I think Freddy feels well assimilated into the U.S. culture, and considers himself American. He's represented the U.S. at the youth level, and might soon transition to the senior team.....he seems to have developed full loyalty to the States. At the end of the day, he should play wherever his heart tells him...and I think his heart is in the States.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2005, 09:40:41 AM »
Nah...i feel he realise the states could give him a better life, him and his family. But he have that now...
He grow up in Ghana..u always rememeber ur roots, go back and play for the africans, boy !
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2005, 09:42:49 AM »
...u always rememeber ur roots...

true dat.

if i were given a choice of playing for the US or T&T, representing the red, white, and black is without question.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2005, 09:47:01 AM »
i think adu was invited to de US camp,  but i not sure if he'll get a starting job dey. if he go ghana he'll most likely get a starting job.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2005, 10:06:31 AM »
Freddy Adu will not make the US World Cup team.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2005, 10:21:49 AM »
I eh know about starting with Ghana but he will get a sweat...remember a certain Jay Jay oKacha playing at 17 years old in 94?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2005, 10:26:37 AM »
Adu is a "yankee" yes.. his chances of playing for the US will increase as he gets older and hones his game..I think he will stick it out and wait to be called by Arena..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2005, 10:31:17 AM »
Freddy Adu will not make the US World Cup team.
I agree with you i personally don't think he can,but being around a team like that and ppl taking notice of you is good for a 16 yr old.
What i'm trying to reason with is if he plays for Ghana in the WC what would be his situation afterwards,contracts etc at the moment he has a million dollar contract plus endorsement capabilities.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2005, 10:37:34 AM »
From a sentimental standpoint, I would like to see Freddy go back to play for Ghana, but he will probably experience a great backlash if he does.  US Soccer and Nike have invested a lot of time/energy into developing his game and promoting him as the great American hope.  He still has to go back home to Maryland at the end of the cup.  Whether we like to admit it or not, the US is probably a safer bet to qualify consistently for future world cups than Ghana is.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2005, 10:39:12 AM »
Allyuh tink he could start for ghana if he intends to play for d blaack stars?
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2005, 10:42:22 AM »
Nah...i feel he realise the states could give him a better life, him and his family. But he have that now...
He grow up in Ghana..u always rememeber ur roots, go back and play for the africans, boy !

Grew up in Ghana ? I thought he moved to the States as a young kid.....I barely consider him grown up now.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2005, 10:49:31 AM »
He is a very good player,i would be shocked if he went to ghana,  freddy is 1 for the future and Arena, USA knows that.  he should throw some flames on a rumor and make USA fork over even more money cause they would be foolish to lose him.  also i don't know under what circumstances his family left ghana in the 1st place, apparently his old lady is the boss so she may say heck no.

it will be hard to make US team for germany if he start ripping up he could be in.  Arena should consider taking a young prospect on the trip.  if he could spare that 1 spot.  even give him a small 5-10 mins run. Me i would definitely bring him into the training camp.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2005, 11:11:11 AM »
Freddy boy go and play for Ghana, and beat the US, cause if your MLS career continues to do downhill, you will soon no longer be the US poster child for Soccer, and you may no even see the pitch during the WC.

Ah doh think Adu was ever the poster child for US soccer; that was and still is Landon Bullaman...ah mean Donovan. There was all dis hype about him, callin him de next Pele and everything, and now he just phase out. Doh get me wrong, ah see him play, he REAL skilled, but there hadda be a reason Arena eh pick him in this current US squad. Not even as ah sub. He should play fuh Ghana, fuh me that is more prestige, but I agree with kicker, he is a Yank.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

jusme

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2005, 11:23:01 AM »
Similar situation with striker Salomon Kalou.

He born in the Ivory Coast, lives and plays in Holland with Eindhoven and has been invited by Van Basten to play with the Dutch National team.  Of course, both Holland and Ivory Coast in the same group.  He applyin fuh Dutch citizenship right now.

Funny eh?

not only that but his older brother is the captain of the Ivory Coast team.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2005, 11:29:50 AM »
Adu has already said that he is not interested in playing for Ghana.  This came up a few months ago as well.  I would say play for your land of birth and heritage, but as people have said Freddy feels as American as the kid next door. 

Don't expect him to line up for the Black Stars at all.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2005, 11:42:12 AM »
Freddie stands to lose a lot, if he commits to playing to Ghana.  He'll be seen as the the guy who turned his back on the US, as he is seen as the future of American soccer.  All these endorsements he gets are spurred on by his positioning as the next American superstar.  He'll lose all that if he signs for plays for Ghana.  Besides, I think that Adu embraces America more than Ghana because of the opportunity that he and his family have been presented with in America.  He remembers his childhood in Ghana, but I thnk he really wants to play for the US.  His time will come in 2010.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2005, 11:47:52 AM »
On a similar tip, did Damarcus Beasely ever consider playing for JA?  Maybe this was raised before, but he too seems to have his heart here with the US....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>