May 10, 2024, 04:12:48 AM

Author Topic: Views on T&T v USA game.  (Read 34354 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIRE THEM ALL!!!
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2009, 04:49:35 PM »
I feel last night the fellas sent a message that they not happy. Look at the body language of the fellas.
Daniel just standing on the field.
Carlos have a ball to cross and he kick it out of bound for no apparent reason.
Lawrence played without really saying anything, so did KJ and Carlos.
No one helping the other.

I feel is a message went out last night.

That message cost our country  points and embarassed alot of Trinbagonians....and if its  a messgae then it was being sent since the El Salvador game...and again coem June we should expect this same type of message?

I wonder if is the same message they sent in the first game against Bermuda and in the recent Digicel Cup ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Americans don't respect us
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2009, 04:50:42 PM »
They hadda change we name to the SOCA WORRIERS  ::)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2009, 04:52:51 PM »
Elan,
      What are they unhappy about? They have the opportunity to play in the WC. They need to prepare themselves mentally before they come to TT to play. They are pros. They don't work 9 to 5 like the previous teams 20 yrs ago. They just not good enough. Sorry!!!!!!! Maybe some of the guys on this team and the current u20s will be ready for Brazil. That is if Jack W. doh do one of his grand scheme.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2009, 04:55:34 PM »
Corbeaux,
             I don't know how you come to that conclusion after watching the last 3 WC games.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: All is not lost, yet
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2009, 04:56:39 PM »
just as I predicted... a 3 - nil outcome.
My crystal ball was working well. ;D

Where is the link with your prediction friend?

Lets see it before we even start to deal with the rest of your post!

Not in the mood for jokers right now!!

Link please?

Many thanks
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »

lol :rotfl:

Corbeaux

« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2009, 05:01:29 PM »
If you rate our players head to head with US players from the midfield up, we have the more naturally talented players. Keon while playing for Unattached F. C. still shows to be more talanted than Donovan and the rest of U.S. players. With the right coaching, some motivation and a totally foreign based defence, we could be leading the Hex.

Exactly how are you judging talent in this case ?  What would be your rational for saying Keon is more talented than Donovan ?
Donovan has some talent but the difference between him and Daniel is conditioning. Any player can be condotioned to develop fitness but to have the skill that Keon does makes him a better player. Just look at Keon's touch on the ball against the U.S. and how much close control he has. The only player I ever see with that kind of skill in Trinidad is Latas.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 05:52:54 PM by Corbeaux »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »
Only man I think they respect is Carlos. Respect, though. Not fear.
Man they played marcus beasley the first time in national team as RB. How's that respect?  I think Kenwyne was the only one they respected being they double teamed him with Odunwe? and Bocanegra

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2009, 05:17:15 PM »
I think they respect us. They know TT is jekyll and Hyde team.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2009, 05:24:10 PM »
listen last night my wife was with me at that game. she is american and has on her US jersey and her soca warriors jersey. i actually asked her to wear her US jersey because i am totally ashamed of associating with what i saw last night.

its one thing to discuss the coach is shit...he is and needs to be fired now...but its another thing that we have players playing on the field that have no right playing there. from d back...tallman had a decent game last night. he read the game as well as he could of and won alot of crucial headers that he was asked to win. we need him back there. thomas was decent as well but again he problem is ball to foot...he clueless but he showed some kinda heart last night and didnt back down from challenges and i respect that. edwards, i wont waste too much time on him because the kinda things i want to say about this fella d moderators might delete my thread. all in all he is frigin garbage and shud be on some eddie hart team never to play on a national team ever in life, until he learns to play that position. wolfe...unfortunately his coach hung his ass out to dry by playing him in that position, but he didnt show d heart either. so i wud fire both wing backs!!!

midfield...chris birchall is the heart and soul of the Trinidad and Tobago national team!!! having said that, y was he substituted is a mystery to me and apparently to him. he said so himself to me after the game. the only player that we have on the field who may have less dribbling skill than d rest but that muscle in his chest in an invaluable assest to this team. clyde leon, he went through the motions last night and is not ready for this level of football. he had an opportunity in the first half when he received the ball on the right side of the field and he had at least 25 yards of free space in front of him and he looked clueless as to what to do in that position. not much heart and desire shown from him either but i'll put it down to stage fright. he not ready! carlos, was one of our better players on the field last night...and he didnt have a good game. he needs to be a bit more decisive in his decision making...whether he going to dribble, cross or shoot. understandably alot of times he held onto the ball he had no options but he has to do better with that. after birchall he showed the most heart on the field. keon frigin daniel...he along with edwards needs to go play eddie hart football. he has no idea what his defensive responsibilities are..which contributes to akile being raped as much times as he usually does during any given game. he is not fit. he cannot be allowed to play on this team until he finds a pro team to play with and regains his fitness. honestly i dont see him as a winger because everytime he gets d f**kin ball he cuttin inside and losing it. not one left sided cross from our team. he was the first person to come out of the team meeting they had after the game last night and im hoping they told him he was dropped. so overall, fire leon and daniel.

strikers...stern worked harder than he usually does, however we need alot more from him. i cant tell you how many times i saw ching and altidore win balls from our midfielders (granted our midfielders cud lose the ball to my U10 team right now) and thats wat we need from stern. he did well holding up d ball and trying to involve men but for the most part when he gets it he has to wait 2-3 seconds on someone to lend a helping hand. his touch is off and it was evident on the ball carlos gave him on d back post. his heart i think is there but his desire wains once he realised others around him was playing GUTLESS FOOTBALL!!! as a leader he needed to rally those bastards instead of joining them. mr. KJ, he needs to be dropped until he regains his touch. the ball goes to him and its like hitting th ball on a concrete wall. for all his size he allowed Ouneye look like this great defender. never did he make him feel uncomfortable. actually scotland won a challenge with d same defender...and scotty is no KJ physically. no heart from KJ, no desire...and thats worst than his awful touch and lack of confidence. he does not support his fellow strike partner, usually leaving him alone to fend for himself. he does not know how to run off the ball. he has no anticipation and no instincts as a striker...not looking for flick on's or deflections! stern gave him a glorious chance when he ran over a ball...he skied it over the bar...and it was like well small thing oui! carlos sent one in the box for him...he allowed the defender to get in front him cleared instead of going to the ball and challenging. so, from these two i wud definitely fire KJ and stern probably on d fence.

hyland based on his last 2 performances has to start. he is hustling defensively (outside of chris he was the only one not allowing the US midfield not to comfortably turn with the ball). he showed alot of heart, desire and skill to compete on this level and i think him playing in belgium has benefitted him tremendously. we must keep this youth. scotland came on and the service he got was down right awful but he still showed some fight and desire and heart. makan was put in a bad position by his coach like wolfe and was raped on the second goal. not sure if he is ready as yet for this level. he did show some determination when he came on so i think he on d fence with stern.

maturana HAS TO BE FIRED NOW...BEFORE THE COSTA RICA GAME!!! he had the rope around his neck before this game but when he took out chris, he kicked the chair from under him and hung himself. my wife who knows nothing about d game was questioning this move and he as our national team manager didnt realise that chris was the best thing out there. he has to be an ass for not seeing that!!!

i am totally disgusted by this team. me and arimaman was talking after the game and we both displayed the same heartache after watching that game live. it was disgusting and highly embarassing to be associated with a set of players who PLAYED GUTLESS, HEARTLESS AND SHOWED NO UTTER RESPECT FOR THEIR CRAFT AND THE GAME!!! today for the first time i was ashamed to be a trini....thks to the columbian and his boss...JACK WARNER!!! however, i still hold the players responsible as well for going out there and no taking pride in their country!!!

YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 05:34:48 PM by fordy »
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2009, 05:28:06 PM »
Man they played marcus beasley the first time in national team as RB. How's that respect?  I think Kenwyne was the only one they respected being they double teamed him with Odunwe? and Bocanegra
They play Beasley there specifically to match Carlos. Carlos was a concern.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2009, 05:29:41 PM »
If you rate our players head to head with US players from the midfield up, we have the more naturally talented players. Keon while playing for Unattached F. C. still shows to be more talanted than Donovan and the rest of U.S. players. With the right coaching, some motivation and a totally foreign based defence, we could be leading the Hex.

this is the single most ridiculous concept that seems to plague too many fans of inferior teams. listen, every team on the planet has a bunch of plausible 'what ifs' to add to their team to make them better. The US can also say all we need is a little bit of this and some of that and we could beat Brazil and Argentina consistently'...blah blah blah. So give it a rest

More naturally talented? Steeups..people still talking this pack of nonsense. How you measuring that? More importantly, what you measuring.....speed, lung capacity, quickness of thought, reflexes, flexibility, concentration, muscle strength, balance, ability to handle pressure, pain threshold....All dat you taking into consideration when you talking bout who more naturally talented than whom? And when does nature end and nurture begin?

We all have pride in our people. In football, we have players that bring certain skills that some other nations don't display or don't display in the same abundance. But we lacking plenty too. None of it is clearly a case of 'natural' or inert ability.....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »

Based on all your comments so far, I fell you watch that game drunk. Da Marcus Beasley played left back And he played there against El Salvador too. They were trying to use his pace to neutralize Carlos. Who de hell is Odunwe?

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »

And the American players... who could blame them for being so confident against us in the one-on-one?  Wha'is de worst could happen if dey fack up?  Two, three passes and they getting de ball back... guaranteed because we cyah do one ass with it. 

Bakes it sad, true and kinda funny way yuh put it dey. Feel them boy need to be limited to 2 touches in practice from now on.  Even so way they played last night some might need a calculator to even figure out how to do that.  
same mistakes everytime ball watching, poor marking, terrible first touch, no movement.  But hey we have more skill and talent ent.  Swear some peeps feel TT have a monopoly on talent in concacaf.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2009, 05:42:22 PM »
Guys alyuh feel if that world cup team that jack single handedly mashup if the stayed together would it have made a difference .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Where are the warriors?
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2009, 05:44:18 PM »
The most astonishing thing about the warriors defeat to the U.S.was not the 3-0 scoreline, but in fact just how bad we played.Coach Maturana showed some initiative by playing an attacking 4-4-2 system, a departure from the comforts of his beloved 4-5-1.But that is where the good ends and the bad begins. Kenwyne Jones, who is obviously suffering from a slump in form, was on top with the evergreen Stern John. Unfortunately, these two were basically left dead in the water by an almost non existent midfield and non existent defense. They had no quality balls to look forward to except the occasional cross from Carlos Edwards.
                      Chris Birchall was a welcome return to the side along with Clayton Ince, which was a little boost to the team prior to kickoff. Birchall however,could not play his regular "ball winner" role since he had to basically act as a fifth defender due to criminal defending by the back four.The full backs especially were completely destroyed on the flanks which gave the U.S. a constant avenue of attack. Carlos Edwards was again a bright light in a very dark place.He WAS the midfield,and looked to be the one to perhaps give some potency to a dull T&T attack.Apart from the free kick he took, Keon Daniel was missing in action.This young man is a bundle of talent but like all the young players on the team, needs to seriously raise his game.Some of the young ones don't seem to have the hunger, desire or mental toughness for Victory.The technical staff should look in to this.
                         One young player who seems to be stepping up is Khaleem Hyland.The game definitely changed when he entered, even giving Kenwyne Jones an opportunity to score inside the box.Jason Scotland was eventually brought in, but by then the damage was done.He is a player that should be starting every game.I think he is terribly underutilized and does not get his just due.That being said without a good supporting midfield and at least a half decent defense, any striker is going to struggle on this team.We cannot expect Yorke and Latapy to always come to our rescue. We must develop the abundance of talent we have especially in that crucial center midfield role.The U.S,in my humble opinion, is not 3 goals better than us.It is an embarrassment to let a 19 year old kid score a hatrick on your team.We better than that.On the bright side,we are only two points from a world cup spot.Glass half full. GO
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2009, 05:44:41 PM »
Indivdual talent yeh team talent no and that is what killing we as a team .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2009, 05:45:48 PM »
Maturana ? that's you??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2009, 05:52:21 PM »
Guys alyuh feel if that world cup team that jack single handedly mashup if the stayed together would it have made a difference .
Yes
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2009, 05:53:40 PM »
...and why should they?

What have we done to put fear... or even respect in them? As a team they won't say it... and maybe all of them don't think it, but clearly they not afraid of anything we dress up in a kit and put before them.  When our attacking players get the ball at their feet, who among them will turn and run at a defender?  Carlos... maybe.  That's about it.

Kenwyne... he needs a perfectly delivered ball with just the right amount of pace and velocity, preferably with little spin that he can collect within 6 millimeters of the sweet spot on he instep, or maybe ah nice soft chest pass fuh him to trap.  Other than that, forget it... he's not a threat.

Stern and Scotty have better first touches... but at this point, unless dem post up inside the box with their backs to goal them ent really doing nutten.  I see Scotland get a nice thru ball last night and 50-year old Frankie Hejduk walk him down like is Usain Bolt who was chasing him... and strip him ah de ball too.

They don't respect our attacking players... and they certainly don't respect our defense.  From Donovan, to Beasley, to Bradley, to Altidore... every man who collect a pass last night looking to push it past the defender in red and run past him.  Fuh all de talk of de Americans playing "robot football"... robot football cutting we ass going and coming.  Donovan hit Makan Hislop one intercol beat last night to set up the second goal.  Completely undress him on de wing.  If Hislop couldn't spell "Donovan" before last night ah guarantee he know how to spell it now because he get ah nice long look as he was getting leave out.

And the American players... who could blame them for being so confident against us in the one-on-one?  Wha'is de worst could happen if dey fack up?  Two, three passes and they getting de ball back... guaranteed because we cyah do one ass with it.  They confident because they could afford to gamble and play loose... as Slates was telling me, they know we NOT going to score against them regardless, so dem basically playing with house money... they cyah lose either way.

... the other side of the respect coin is the fact that in this day and age, with twenty years of futility under we belt against them, it still have man in Trinidad and on this very board who refuse to respect US Soccer.  Now is not my place or intent to convince man to respect them, or chastise them for not respecting dem.  All I could do is point out how foolish it is.  The one thing you CANNOT do in battle is underestimate your opponent... just ask the Americans about Vietnam and Afghanistan/Iraq.  Now granted is not the one or two idiots from dis site who playing the game, but I still believe that as much as we players respect the Americans (maybe too much), they still underrating dem individually.  How else to explain man rushing in and getting leave out all over the pitch last night?  Fuhget de wrong address that Hislop collect... dem men was hitting we all kinda heel flick and thing.  Dempsey even try ah bicycle in de box.  Ching get ah long diagonal pass on de wing and Donovan instinctively run in behind him.  Ching defender (Thomas?) was too pre-occupied with the ball coming in to bother to lay off and help cover Donovan (who did done leave out Wolfe).  Ching hit ah neat flick to Donovan who was wide open, Tallest rush at Donovan... who den crossed tuh Altidore on the back post fuh de first goal.  Altidore wide open because Akile (or Aklie, whey de ass he name) was too caught up looking fuh de nutsman in de stands to bother to keep track of Altidore behind him.

But yet... to get back to mih point, it still have man saying how dem Americans only have "fundamentals" and "fitness" but no skill.  Ah man even bawl last night that he find it hard tuh stomach losing tuh de Americans because dem ent have "no respect 4 de game"... but we have?  Because the majority of Americans ent give ah fart about football dat mean de players on de field eh respect it?  We does "live and die" fuh de sport but dem don't?  Yuh think Donovan Canadian father ent teach him about de sport when he was ah smallie?  Yuh think Ching pick up football because it didn't have wave tuh surf in Hawaii?  Dem men and dem love de sport as much as we... they probably just ent grow up playing small goal.  And even so they still hitting we small goal beats all over de field.

We need to take this team... break it down and completely change it attitude.  Until den we eh go one blasted place with what we doing.
     :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: keep telling them Bakes,eventually they will get it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2009, 05:56:32 PM »
What exactly is our style of play? I always wanted to know this.

Kaisoca soccer
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2009, 05:57:58 PM »

Chalkie did sing bout dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2009, 05:59:27 PM »

Is d Pope catholic?

Corbeaux

« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2009, 06:00:40 PM »

this is the single most ridiculous concept that seems to plague too many fans of inferior teams. listen, every team on the planet has a bunch of plausible 'what ifs' to add to their team to make them better. The US can also say all we need is a little bit of this and some of that and we could beat Brazil and Argentina consistently'...blah blah blah. So give it a rest

More naturally talented? Steeups..people still talking this pack of nonsense. How you measuring that? More importantly, what you measuring.....speed, lung capacity, quickness of thought, reflexes, flexibility, concentration, muscle strength, balance, ability to handle pressure, pain threshold....All dat you taking into consideration when you talking bout who more naturally talented than whom? And when does nature end and nurture begin?

We all have pride in our people. In football, we have players that bring certain skills that some other nations don't display or don't display in the same abundance. But we lacking plenty too. None of it is clearly a case of 'natural' or inert ability.....
When i say natural talent, i'm not talkin about some magical skills a player is randomly born with. "natural talent" is a state of mind that a player has combined with skills and a good touch that can only be acheived by intense dedication to the game in the aspect of ball work.  that is what sets Keon apart from Landon  in "natural talent"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2009, 06:03:43 PM »
I feel last night the fellas sent a message that they not happy. Look at the body language of the fellas.
Daniel just standing on the field.
Carlos have a ball to cross and he kick it out of bound for no apparent reason.
Lawrence played without really saying anything, so did KJ and Carlos.
No one helping the other.

I feel is a message went out last night.

That message cost our country  points and embarassed alot of Trinbagonians....and if its  a messgae then it was being sent since the El Salvador game...and again coem June we should expect this same type of message?

I wonder if is the same message they sent in the first game against Bermuda and in the recent Digicel Cup ?

Somebody not listenin

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »

Exactly how are you judging talent in this case ?  What would be your rational for saying Keon is more talented than Donovan ?
Donovan has some talent but the difference between him and Daniel is conditioning. Any player can be condotioned to develop fitness but to have the skill that Keon does makes him a better player. Just look at Keon's touch on the ball against the U.S. and how much close control he has. The only player I ever see with that kind of skill in Trinidad is Latas.

Wrong! Donovan is one of the quickest players in CONCACAF. He has quick feet, accleration and extended pace & he has a quick mind. In CONCACAF he is consistent, he scores and creates goals. He can play wide and be effective and play behind the striker and be effective. Conditioning will not make Daniel quicker, most of all you have to question Keon's mental strength. At the end of the day all things equal, the mentally strong player will always be more successful.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2009, 06:10:52 PM »
What exactly is our style of play? I always wanted to know this.

Kaisoca soccer
Ask Gally

an interesting article here
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:21:33 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2009, 06:13:36 PM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The candid views of a heartbroken warrior
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2009, 06:19:44 PM »
Welcome

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2009, 06:23:51 PM »
Wrong! Donovan is one of the quickest players in CONCACAF. He has quick feet, accleration and extended pace & he has a quick mind. [/quote]

keypoint and reason why he is one of the top players in the region. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:45:42 PM by football king »

1]; } ?>