May 11, 2024, 04:11:42 PM

Author Topic: Building An Academy In Trinidad  (Read 25868 times)

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
"I Want Quick Feet" ah little quote from one of the 7 year olds at training! In addition to "all" of the technical work that is done in Trini by coaches, I think allot of emphasis should be placed on dynamic movement as it pertains to the development of "football related speed"...I think kids need to be stronger down here as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_bgpu4_B0

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"I Want Quick Feet" ah little quote from one of the 7 year olds at training! In addition to "all" of the technical work that is done in Trini by coaches, I think allot of emphasis should be placed on dynamic movement as it pertains to the development of "football related speed"...I think kids need to be stronger down here as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_bgpu4_B0

"I Want Quick Feet" I want dem "cleats" :). Bredrin wearing de very same blue adidas indoors ah trying to replace ... my pair served me well. Want another pair. Very comfy.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Good gear is hard to find down here, plenty imitation in the place, or so it seems...

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Back again with ah little update fellas...massive progress being made, the mentality of the kids is now at a very good level....it's interesting to see how they operate once they hit the training ground - there's is a seriousness about them. From day one, we have emphasized the importance of fundamentals and the ability to execute at speed - while in the States I sent allot of kids to some of the most established university programs, UVA, UNC Chapel Hill etc. a few to the US national youth teams as well, a few who are now in the MLS. What separated those kids was the fact that at 8 and 9 they were in very demanding training environments where all areas of player development was handled and addressed - technical, tactical and mental. They knew it was about the football, but they also knew it was about "belly" as well. Ah now feel like i'm making some great strides with some of the kids down here. In fact I feel like we have a few of the best around (U10s) and they are really committed which is key. Of-course we have a few who's involvement will allow us to be financially self sufficient - which is key as well - we don't hide that. Anyway, always sharing a little info and insight as to what going on. We have all kinda people on Facebook viewing the videos and responding as well, but I always like to leave something here because ah feel like this is the only place where true Trinidad football interest exist. Also, ah hoping that others will come in and share what is happening in other training environments as well, we have to get to a point where we can not only develop, but we must be at a point where we can expose and market our football organizations. Anyway bless. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRdOmbd6vbE

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Back again with ah little update fellas...massive progress being made, the mentality of the kids is now at a very good level....it's interesting to see how they operate once they hit the training ground - there's is a seriousness about them. From day one, we have emphasized the importance of fundamentals and the ability to execute at speed - while in the States I sent allot of kids to some of the most established university programs, UVA, UNC Chapel Hill etc. a few to the US national youth teams as well, a few who are now in the MLS. What separated those kids was the fact that at 8 and 9 they were in very demanding training environments where all areas of player development was handled and addressed - technical, tactical and mental. They knew it was about the football, but they also knew it was about "belly" as well. Ah now feel like i'm making some great strides with some of the kids down here. In fact I feel like we have a few of the best around (U10s) and they are really committed which is key. Of-course we have a few who's involvement will allow us to be financially self sufficient - which is key as well - we don't hide that. Anyway, always sharing a little info and insight as to what going on. We have all kinda people on Facebook viewing the videos and responding as well, but I always like to leave something here because ah feel like this is the only place where true Trinidad football interest exist. Also, ah hoping that others will come in and share what is happening in other training environments as well, we have to get to a point where we can not only develop, but we must be at a point where we can expose and market our football organizations. Anyway bless. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRdOmbd6vbE

Amwood, this is great to see the kids so enthused about the game, Continue the good work. I just have a couple questions. Please forgive me if they have been asked already. At what point in the kids development do you enter them into some kind of invitatonal tourney? Have you identified your strikers, attacking mids, defensive mids, your defenders, and goalies? Rebecca is definitely one for the future. At what point do you start developing game intelligence, crossing the ball from the wings, the different types of passing, combination plays, good nutritional habits, the importance of a good education, etc.?
Steven Short of the USL & IMG Academy NextGen Series sent me an email about the IMG academy and in searchng for a video on the academy I stumbled onto these videos, so I thought I would pass them onto you to help you with your training techiques. As I was looking at these clips I realized that so many of our junior and senior national teams don't know how to play the game in it's simplest form because of poor coaching, poor technical skills (poor first touch), lack of footballing intelligence, lack of confidence on the ball. Results in recent games against Belize and Peru and the junior mens and womens teams in the just concluded qualifiers are proof of that. That trend has to be broken for our football to move forward to a better place if we are to command respect from other countries in our region and around the world.
You are blazing a trail Amwood, the journey is going to be tough, stay the course and your academy will reap the rewards.

Peace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm3-A-LaAAo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gegiHKuUrZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzSWyzBfeOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oiDU03eOvE
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:54:02 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Appreciate the videos man! After 13 weeks of work, our emphasis with the young ones - U10, u11s has been solely on developing their understanding of what it means to be in a training environment - mindset, competitiveness, respect and commitment - the ability to reflect on their performances in training and make a determination as to whether or not they are happy with the quality of their work based on a benchmark that has been established - "accountability." Secondly, we have focused on instilling into the kids what is involved in acquiring/enhancing good technique, in other words - we have conveyed to them what good technique is all about - the mechanics involved etc. however, what we are trying to really get across to them is that they must work to get to a point where they understand what is involved in correcting mistakes - essentially they must start understanding how to solve technical problems themselves as opposed to being corrected by a coach every time  - first touch was not good, then they must know why and how to fix it. As far their involvement in tournaments etc. our approach here is a bit different compared to our approach abroad. Our guys outside are competing in tournaments and league play as early as 9, but these are kids who have been in a training set up since they were 7. i am solely focused on good technique, once I feel comfortable that the guys are in a good place, we will then start looking for a few friendlies etc. My feeling is that at the younger age groups their should be more focus on developing their technique. Tactics is something that comes a bit later once you're comfortable that your kids are fundamentally sound. That said, at these young ages, you can obviously see that some are more predisposed to attacking type positions and some actually enjoying a bit of defending. Whether they eventually become attacking or defensive players, they should all be able to control ah ball and pass it under pressure. Sorry bout the long response, but I could talk abt this stuff all day. Appreciate the feed back man......Bless! 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:41:35 PM by amwood »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Appreciate the videos man! After 13 weeks of work, our emphasis with the young ones - U10, u11s has been solely on developing their understanding of what it means to be in a training environment - mindset, competitiveness, respect and commitment - the ability to reflect on their performances in training and make a determination as to whether or not they are happy with the quality of their work based on a benchmark that has been established - "accountability." Secondly, we have focused on instilling into the kids what is involved in acquiring/enhancing good technique, in other words - we have conveyed to them what good technique is all about - the mechanics involved etc. however, what we are trying to really get across to them is that they must work to get to a point where they understand what is involved in correcting mistakes - essentially they must start understanding how to solve technical problems themselves as opposed to being corrected by a coach every time  - first touch was not good, then they must know why and how to fix it. As far their involvement in tournaments etc. our approach here is a bit different compared to our approach abroad. Our guys outside are competing in tournaments and league play as early as 9, but these are kids who have been in a training set up since they were 7. i am solely focused on good technique, once I feel comfortable that the guys are in a good place, we will then start looking for a few friendlies etc. My feeling is that at the younger age groups their should be more focusing on developing their technique. Tactics is something that comes a bit later once you're comfortable that your kids are fundamentally sound. That said, at these young ages, you can obviously see that some are more predisposed to attacking type positions and some actually enjoying a bit of defending. Whether they eventually become attacking or defensive players, they should all be able to control ah ball and pass it under pressure. Sorry bout the long response, but I could talk abt this stuff all day. Appreciate the feed back man......Bless! 

No, no, I appreciate the respnse, my brother. As I said man, stay the course, good work and as they say "Many rivers to cross".

God Bless.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Aye good stuff boi Sherwood ..real patience..real patience..results will come ...give it  ah good five years..

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Appreciate the feedback fellas, keep in mind I'm all about the criticism just the same! Bless!

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Passing It Till We Drop...
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2016, 06:22:05 PM »
Making some real progress on the football front...
https://youtu.be/LMPhJZiW1h0

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Passing It Till We Drop...
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2016, 08:56:09 PM »
nah nah amwood..yuh preppin south alone ?  Please sir, can North have equal service please

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2016, 12:09:17 AM »
Niceness. Liking the pace and intensity of the session!!   :beermug: :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Posession is A Life Style

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2016, 08:07:55 PM »
Sherwood seems to be doing some good work.  Anyone know if he brings any of his teams to America?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2016, 08:15:47 PM »
Sherwood seems to be doing some good work.  Anyone know if he brings any of his teams to America?

Hasn't done so as yet.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »
I would like for him to consider bringing a couple of teams up ,,, I think it could be a good trip.  We have a program that might provide a good experience.  It have a few young Trinis in the program also ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is16bYUmf2E&feature=youtu.be

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2016, 09:44:51 PM »
I would like for him to consider bringing a couple of teams up ,,, I think it could be a good trip.  We have a program that might provide a good experience.  It have a few young Trinis in the program also ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is16bYUmf2E&feature=youtu.be

I'm sure Mr Sherwood would have his ideas. And although this will be a nice, and probably good exchange of ideas and environmental, and challenging experience. I don't really see the cost effective benefit as this age. It's to young for amateur showcase.
Furthermore, be aware we have issues getting some National teams as well as our Pro League teams to their games, working men, besides the fact of getting a one or two players to tryouts being a challenge. I think getting amateur youth team(s) to go on tour might be financially difficult in the near future even with proper and organized fundraising for a young, although growing academy . We have talented players and coaches like amwood academy, but unfortunately the financial support and foundation is not a priority for sport in TT. It's all seems to be a matter of numbers, players, people, finances and priorities.
 I would suggest some establishment of contact and maybe a pre-host and_or arranged tournament visit by one of your teams. The country and academy i'm sure would appreciate the visit and test. Otherwise, it's not really worth it at this age. Just my thoughts. or are my thoughts flawed ? Amwood ? anybody ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:22:34 PM by maxg »

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2016, 02:30:30 AM »
Appreciate the little feedback as always fellas...as it pertains to taking a team to the US - the cost is just too much at the moment...additionally, ah feel like I have a fairly good grasp of the level that US youth soccer is at having coached in the States for such a long time. We would struggle to be competitive against some of the top US Development Academies (Red Bulls, LA Galaxy etc) but we have only been at this for 36 months. What would be interesting is taking a couple of teams to a place like Holland and getting a sense of where we are against that type of opposition, that is something we hope to do in the near future...that would be a meaningful benchmark. Also, it's insane that in this country there are only 10 youth teams in all of T&T that have guaranteed games to play come ah Sunday. The rest have nothing other than the occasional frendlies that they attempt to arrange with other grassroots clubs. We are failing massively in this regard, there are players in areas like Mayaro, Moruga, etc who will never know what it means to be involved in competitive football until they get to secondary school...that's a travesty as it relates to the development of the game locally...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2016, 02:53:29 AM »
Brilliant closing sentence.

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2016, 05:08:13 AM »
Appreciate the little feedback as always fellas...as it pertains to taking a team to the US - the cost is just too much at the moment...additionally, ah feel like I have a fairly good grasp of the level that US youth soccer is at having coached in the States for such a long time. We would struggle to be competitive against some of the top US Development Academies (Red Bulls, LA Galaxy etc) but we have only been at this for 36 months. What would be interesting is taking a couple of teams to a place like Holland and getting a sense of where we are against that type of opposition, locally...

Sherwood thanks for the feedback.  For clarity, are you saying you would not be competitive against US  Academies, so you want to see how you will do against European competition?  Are you suggesting the European competition is lower?

Having played against competition in both European and UK competition ... i.e. Man City etc., we can provide a different perspective coming out of America than you are accustom to.

Thanks anyhow for your response.

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2016, 08:01:36 AM »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2016, 08:01:52 AM »
Also, it's insane that in this country there are only 10 youth teams in all of T&T that have guaranteed games to play come ah Sunday. The rest have nothing other than the occasional frendlies that they attempt to arrange with other grassroots clubs. We are failing massively in this regard, there are players in areas like Mayaro, Moruga, etc who will never know what it means to be involved in competitive football until they get to secondary school...that's a travesty as it relates to the development of the game locally...

or i could say it in my normal hardcore way...F#C%ING MADNESS.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2016, 08:21:32 AM »
Appreciate the little feedback as always fellas...as it pertains to taking a team to the US - the cost is just too much at the moment...additionally, ah feel like I have a fairly good grasp of the level that US youth soccer is at having coached in the States for such a long time. We would struggle to be competitive against some of the top US Development Academies (Red Bulls, LA Galaxy etc) but we have only been at this for 36 months. What would be interesting is taking a couple of teams to a place like Holland and getting a sense of where we are against that type of opposition, locally...

Sherwood thanks for the feedback.  For clarity, are you saying you would not be competitive against US  Academies, so you want to see how you will do against European competition?  Are you suggesting the European competition is lower?

Having played against competition in both European and UK competition ... i.e. Man City etc., we can provide a different perspective coming out of America than you are accustom to.

Aside from the expense, it sounds more like he saying he have a fair grasp of the coaching and expected level for youth soccer in the US which allows him to gauge/compare his youth'.  Bay contrast, a trip to Europe would offer more in terms of assessment for him and his group as a benchmark for what they need to be aiming for/achieving.

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »

Aside from the expense, it sounds more like he saying he have a fair grasp of the coaching and expected level for youth soccer in the US which allows him to gauge/compare his youth'.  Bay contrast, a trip to Europe would offer more in terms of assessment for him and his group as a benchmark for what they need to be aiming for/achieving.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but what I am hearing is that programs based in the USA is not good enough to Play against the likes of Sherwood's Academy without even getting the opportunity to prove it or learn from him? 

As someone who had success against top European academies I would contend, that during Sherwood's absence from the USA, a lot has changed and there are grassroots programs here that will provide challenges similar to what he would get in Europe.  The opportunities for CONCACAF level grass roots programs to play against top European academies are not easily accessible.

Just a thought!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2016, 09:59:11 AM »
Amwood said struggle to compete against US academies, I imagine they would struggle against European academies as well, but FOR HIM there maybe more to gain exposure wise from the Europe experience since he has already experienced the US system.......

Maybe is just me, but that's what got from what he said, not slight or disrespect.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2016, 02:18:59 PM »
Amwood said struggle to compete against US academies, I imagine they would struggle against European academies as well, but FOR HIM there maybe more to gain exposure wise from the Europe experience since he has already experienced the US system.......

Maybe is just me, but that's what got from what he said, not slight or disrespect.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

Seems about right to me

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2016, 10:58:31 PM »
US Talent with T&T ties ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-WuJpblRQ&feature=youtu.be

I enjoyed watching your video and I'm aware of the work that you guys do...I remember reading an article about the trip and the games that you all played in Europe - someone actually inboxed me with a link on this very site...what I'm saying is that I know what the Development Academies have to offer in the US - I have colleagues who coach with those organizations and we speak occasionally, & in truth, I feel that we could prepare a team to compete against them with the required approach. Europe is still the benchmark though and doing well against youth teams in Holland or England could send a more impactful message to those who may pay attention to these things in this part of the world. Taking a couple of youth teams from T&T and doing well against AZ ALKMAAR OR AJAX or ah Man City would resonate more heavily within our football circles than us doing well against CASL or the New York Bulls. There is no disrespect intended of course, because I know how challenging soccer is in the US and the level of investment that is being pumped into the development of the game...respect and continue the good work that you all are doing...incidentally, would love to see any footage that you all may have of your time in Europe - I read a blog post about it - I believe, but some footage, if you have any would be fantastic. Bless...

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2016, 07:46:45 PM »
US Talent with T&T ties ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-WuJpblRQ&feature=youtu.be

I enjoyed watching your video and I'm aware of the work that you guys do...I remember reading an article about the trip and the games that you all played in Europe - someone actually inboxed me with a link on this very site...what I'm saying is that I know what the Development Academies have to offer in the US - I have colleagues who coach with those organizations and we speak occasionally, & in truth, I feel that we could prepare a team to compete against them with the required approach. Europe is still the benchmark though and doing well against youth teams in Holland or England could send a more impactful message to those who may pay attention to these things in this part of the world. Taking a couple of youth teams from T&T and doing well against AZ ALKMAAR OR AJAX or ah Man City would resonate more heavily within our football circles than us doing well against CASL or the New York Bulls. There is no disrespect intended of course, because I know how challenging soccer is in the US and the level of investment that is being pumped into the development of the game...respect and continue the good work that you all are doing...incidentally, would love to see any footage that you all may have of your time in Europe - I read a blog post about it - I believe, but some footage, if you have any would be fantastic. Bless...

Thanks for your feedback on the video, I was hoping you would provide some constructive criticism, as a football person I am always interested in feedback from good football minds … I agree with your position that Europe is a good benchmark and doing well against "AZ ALKMAAR OR AJAX or ah Man City” etc. would be a better measurement and have a more impactful message, hence the reason we go to Europe.  However, dominating your immediate and surrounding environment would send an even stronger message when you decide to go abroad. 

In addition, you seem to be painting all football organizations in America with the same very broad brush.  Having been in America for a long time I am sure you are aware that most of the kids we work with here are coming from families with absolutely no football in their background.  In our program in particular, we have been able to take these same kids, provide them with a football education and be competitive in Europe in a very consistent way.

If I was in your position seeking to prepare kids to be successful in Europe, I would find tremendous value in coming to North America, if only so that your players can experience what it takes to play in adverse weather conditions, something they cannot experience in the caribbean.  This will ensure they are better prepared for Europe.

With that said, in my opinion, at the moment, we are as good as many of the European youth teams.

Regarding your request for video from our time in Europe against the pro clubs … as you may or may not know, having experienced many big clubs in Europe, i.e. FCB, Man City, Spurs, Norwich City, to name few … because of "Child Protection Laws" professional football clubs in Europe and the UK do not allow anyone to take photos or video recording on their facility during events involving children. 

In the future, if you see any value in collaborating with programs in the North America that is committed to providing a Football Education to youths and preparing them to play at the highest level, but does it different to what you have experienced in America while you lived here, we are open to those types of relations.

Keep up the good work!!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2016, 12:49:34 AM »

Regarding your request for video from our time in Europe against the pro clubs … as you may or may not know, having experienced many big clubs in Europe, i.e. FCB, Man City, Spurs, Norwich City, to name few … because of "Child Protection Laws" professional football clubs in Europe and the UK do not allow anyone to take photos or video recording on their facility during events involving children. 

You would still be able to take photos or videos, depending on the situation. You might need to have a written consent form from parents, or these clubs might already have a written consent form that covers your situation. You need to check far in advance in order to be able to write up a standard permission form. If you get some accepting but others rejecting, depending on the situation you might have to blur out the kids and destroy the originals, or be denied any video or photo.

Best to check with the club - I know as a teacher the school I work at asks for permission in specific circumstances from the first day they come in, such as at sporting events.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2016, 06:11:35 AM »
Amwood and Possession for Life, the brotherhood of football and the tone you guys showing is very positive. Its good to travel to USA, good to travel to Europe and test your boys when funds are available.  In the interim you guys can be a great resource for each other on how to technically and tactically improve your/our players to compete against Europe and America.

I would ask both of you why we are not discussing our boys competing against South American youth teams.  Other than players coming out of Belgium and France;  Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Columbia, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia are the largest producers of players on the planet. The cost to travel to South America maybe less and the quality of players certainly higher. The top European leagues shop for players  in South America, then refine then in Europe. Would we be better off going to the source of the development>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2016, 12:36:59 PM »
Amwood and Possession for Life, the brotherhood of football and the tone you guys showing is very positive. Its good to travel to USA, good to travel to Europe and test your boys when funds are available.  In the interim you guys can be a great resource for each other on how to technically and tactically improve your/our players to compete against Europe and America.

I would ask both of you why we are not discussing our boys competing against South American youth teams.  Other than players coming out of Belgium and France;  Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Columbia, Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia are the largest producers of players on the planet. The cost to travel to South America maybe less and the quality of players certainly higher. The top European leagues shop for players  in South America, then refine then in Europe. Would we be better off going to the source of the development>
For development sure..but to be seen for showcase, the source is Europe. If it runs like a duck, talks like a duck, dribbles and skills like a duck..it's not necessarily a duck (Brazilian). Why take a Trinidadian who can play as good as a Brazilian, when you can probably get a bonafide Brazilian for the same price  or cheaper.
The thing is, Levi representing is not just Trinidad as a whole, but amwood as a bonfide developer, and it is good sense to use that iron while it is hot.. Going back to the US from whence he came, where we can barely get players in the major league, none with big name, is kinda "been there done that"i would imagine. At present, ppl know Latas, Yorke, Jones, maybe even John. there is a couple here and there in lower leagues, Birchall...and now Levi in Holland - a 1st youngster. If Levi continue his development and stays the course, this is good for Amwood academy and other TT players. So why play like a South American, when south America not giving us career. We have to play like a graduate of a Amwood academia and try to make the connections. So it makes perfect sense a trip to Holland NOW.
For the above reasons I couldn't understand why PIALS wasn''t seeing this. Why did he take team to Man City and not LA academy or Mexico or Brazil. Obviously the same reasons. It cannot be just about play experience, the cost is to great.
 Anyway, i think amwood on the right track and quite aware of the scene. The only thing we can get in US now is glorified fete match, when we have more of our senior players in the top leagues there, and/or their senior teams trashing us on the regular, then it would make sense to invest in such development trips to USA.  If IDF willing to host and partially sponsor a trip , that's a different story, but to go to play some games ?  maybe the Dutch clubs might be able to afford this.. TT ppl not making US dollars ( doh we try to live a US life  ::) )
Hope i'm not sounding harsh, just being practical. Putting myself in those shoes per se, and choosing a road, not really knowing what the best route is.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:42:18 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>