May 12, 2024, 02:10:45 PM

Author Topic: World Junior Championship Predictions  (Read 2623 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
World Junior Championship Predictions
« on: July 19, 2010, 05:04:46 PM »
Here are my predictions . I do not know much about the Juniors outside of the Caribbean. Fill in if you can.

Men
100m Dexter Lee JA (G) Vicaut FR (S)
200m Kirani James GRN (G), Shota Iizuka JAP (S), Odane Skeen JAM or Charles Simon USA (B)
400m Kirani James (G)
800m ?
110mh ?
400mh Jehue Gordon (G)
4x100 Trinidad or Jamaica (G), Germany or USA (B)
4x400 Trinidad (G), Jamaica (S), Germany (B)

Discuss Quincy Wilson TRI/Chad Wright JA (bronze)

Women
100m USA (G)
200m Allison Peter UVI (B)
400m?
800m
110mh?
400mh?
4x100 USA (G), Germany (S), Jamaica or UK (B)
4x400 Jamaica (G), Trinidad (S) Bahamas (B)

My predictions might seem a little "hopeful". And if it is put up your own predictions before you bash mine. But If my predictions are acurate then T&T will finish with a record 5 medals. All of these predictions are within T&Ts reach.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World Junior Championship Predictions
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 05:24:40 AM »
Dexter is running the 200m as well and I see a medal for him. He is ahead of Skeene.

Chad Wright will do better in the shot than the discuss. Smikle could medal too.

Jam. M mile relay strikes me as too weak for a medal.

I will update with more later if necessary. Overall your picks seem very reasonable, even if a bit optimistic.

BTW, women run 100mH. LoL

Interesting Carib preview here:
http://terryfinisterre.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 05:34:25 AM by willi »

AirMan

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 02:41:31 PM »
I predicting Gordon and Wilson bringing home Gold for T&T

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »
Jodie Williams for Britain will win the Women's 100m and 200m (my lil cousin).... she dangerous and only 16 y/o, watch this space..... Am sure A.B knows about her

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 07:54:48 PM »
I think I heard of her before. I think she ran 11.2s or 11.1s or something. I will check on the IAAF top list.

Too bad Michelle is not available. The womens 100 would have been more of a cracker!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 08:15:03 PM »
Dexter is running the 200m as well and I see a medal for him. He is ahead of Skeene.

Chad Wright will do better in the shot than the discuss. Smikle could medal too.

Jam. M mile relay strikes me as too weak for a medal.

I will update with more later if necessary. Overall your picks seem very reasonable, even if a bit optimistic.

BTW, women run 100mH. LoL

Interesting Carib preview here:
http://terryfinisterre.blogspot.com/

Yeah my mistake. I did not realize till after I posted.

Ok I will replace JAM with USA. USA should challenge for the silver or gold with T&T. Maybe  4th or 5th for JAM.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 06:30:39 AM »
Jodie Williams for Britain will win the Women's 100m and 200m (my lil cousin).... she dangerous and only 16 y/o, watch this space..... Am sure A.B knows about her

Is she yuh cuz? dat wud mean that she part trini then?! Since we doh have michelle i supporting Jodie.

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 09:18:45 AM »

Is she yuh cuz? dat wud mean that she part trini then?! Since we doh have michelle i supporting Jodie.
Yes she is. She ran good in the prelims, easy race for her competition will only get harder but i think its hers to lose. I wish her the best. Looking forward to her beating d americans...lmao. I have Dexter Lee from Jamaica to win the 100m men. And i think he will run sub-10

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:08:39 AM »

Yes she is. She ran good in the prelims, easy race for her competition will only get harder but i think its hers to lose. I wish her the best. Looking forward to her beating d americans...lmao. I have Dexter Lee from Jamaica to win the 100m men. And i think he will run sub-10

She guna get some stiff competition from Ashton Purvis! She ran 11.17 but in perfect conditions it will be a mouth watering clash. Dex lee got that mens race from sure.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »

So good for being one of the youngest there!

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 05:43:10 PM »

She guna get some stiff competition from Ashton Purvis! She ran 11.17 but in perfect conditions it will be a mouth watering clash. Dex lee got that mens race from sure.
Honestly am not worried about Ashton. Ashton ran 11.68 not 11.17 in the semis, where did u get 11.17 from?? and Jodie Ran 11.59 in an easy race

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 06:19:50 PM »

Honestly am not worried about Ashton. Ashton ran 11.68 not 11.17 in the semis, where did u get 11.17 from?? and Jodie Ran 11.59 in an easy race

She ran 11.17 that at the US high school champs a couple months back and yeh u were right she didnt challenge at all but she was way off her best. Congrats to Jodie though I'm happy for her.

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 07:12:40 PM »
Yep she did it again> way to go jodie, thats 149 races unbeaten. Am proud of her. Now to the 200m where she's gna blow them away again. Who is Ashton Purvis??? lol

Offline chelsealife

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 09:11:44 AM »
Impressive Jodie in the 200m but ah hoping for some competition for she from Kai Selvon even though i think she'll be blown away, i hope she steps up

1]; } ?>