May 11, 2024, 04:17:32 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the women Olympic Qualifiers  (Read 11450 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the women Olympic Qualifiers
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2011, 12:21:38 AM »
This is grounds for shameful resignation. Yuh beat ppl 18-2, who ah team beat 4-0, and yuh couldn't score 1 goal on that team, which obviously emphasizes defense.. Make room of yuhself to hire that coach for our Men & women senior team.

Wha's the point of a Pellerud. For heavens sake, we didn't even have to win the game. We could get the same result if we had no blasted program. We just host and participated in a u17 world cup, and can't get out the 1st round of our region. I damn vex. TT paying ppl to manage & teach, and they doing neither. Is not Jamaica, Barbados or even Cuba or Haiti, who invest in programs and does give we trouble...is ah warmup group we get to practice on, and we couldn't get out... >:(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:34:42 AM by maxg »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2011, 03:58:25 AM »
Was Pellurud part of this team.? If not why not, it was a major tournament Did they play for a draw after being so good at scoring goals/. Well let us look at the bright side this morning the Gospel is about sowing seeds. A sower went out to sow. Let us hope the new men's coach is the metaphorical sower and that he will sow good seeds with the men's team.Hope is the eternal flame that burns in my heart.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 05:47:06 AM »
Was Pellurud part of this team.? If not why not, it was a major tournament Did they play for a draw after being so good at scoring goals/. Well let us look at the bright side this morning the Gospel is about sowing seeds. A sower went out to sow. Let us hope the new men's coach is the metaphorical sower and that he will sow good seeds with the men's team.Hope is the eternal flame that burns in my heart.

:beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 07:10:01 AM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 10:00:43 AM »
Again who is this Hood dude?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 05:05:45 PM »
i dunno about allyuh, but there is something really not right about this.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 05:33:55 PM »
i dunno about allyuh, but there is something really not right about this.

agreed!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
guys am sorry that i did not post .. i did not go to the game as it was a 3 hr drive from my hotel & by the time the game was over we would be driving in total darkness... i did it on tuesday evening and we said we would not do it again.. I thought Trinnie drivers were bad ;D the dominicans are LAWLESS .. very few street lights & even fewer signs..
we figured it was in the bag as the team was getting stronger every game.. The dominicans were quite defensive from the games we watched nothing flashy .. just sound defensive soccer .. i suspect they played a 4-5-1 & swarmed yaya our captain whenever she had the ball..like you all when I turned on my computer this morning I thought I was dreaming and was absolutely sick to my stomach that I see that we lost one nil .. picnh me as it is a bad dream...i have yet had a chance to chat with my daughter as she is in-transit though panama as we are awaiting in the states to get home to Toronto..
i hope to gawd that we play cuba & that its not the team with the 2nd best record moving on to concacaf in january..
To answer your questions pellerud was there at the 2nd and 3rd games in the stands however he is the director of womens football & not a bench coach..mr hood has the local girls playing a nice brand of posession football & the team looks like it is on the right track however with this loss am sure you all are going to ask for blood as you do with the mens side of things.
patience does not appera to be a virtue with the Trinnie footie fan and as you all know it takes time to develop. Look at the results from 8 years ago & then 4 years ago & then the past year.. you see a positive trend that the  team can compete and hold its own with the big squads in concacaf.. (was it a mistake not taking more foreign based players, well that is for the TTFF to decide)>.. look at what just happened to Canada  ranked 6th in the world (Expectations were that they would be in the quarter finals).. we only lost by a goal at Concacaf & trust me we are not that far away.. as long as the TTFF will fund the development of local talent and bring in foreign based to augment when needed..
We have the PANAMERICAN games coming up in the fall & would like to think that our big guns (foreign based) will be available for that tournament. It takeds time folks so pleasebe patient and support the team in their trails and tribulations..will update you all soon enough with what really happneded..(or not )

cheers   19

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2011, 12:17:09 AM »
I am surprised some of you guys are being so harsh. For all we know, T&T could have had goals disallowed, hit the woodwork etc and DR's goal could have been a fluke or a set piece. To concede 3 goals in 3 matches while scoring 18 is superb....a ratio of 6 -1. I understand your disapointment and I feel it too, some of these girls are friends of mine, so I'm gutted. But the criticism leveled is a little unfair in my opinion. Of course we should be beating teams like D.R. but this is a good platform for the Pan American games. Give the girls support now.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 03:08:31 AM »
It takes so little for us to turn on our national teams.

Germany were the defending champions, host country, favorites to win, as well as very dominant in the group phase and lost to Japan in the quarters.

These things happen in football.

Trinidad and Tobago is a team that Sweden should be beating easily, but we held on for a draw with 10 men.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, we want to cry down the coach, de team etc.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 05:47:29 AM »
It takes so little for us to turn on our national teams.

Germany were the defending champions, host country, favorites to win, as well as very dominant in the group phase and lost to Japan in the quarters.

These things happen in football.

Trinidad and Tobago is a team that Sweden should be beating easily, but we held on for a draw with 10 men.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, we want to cry down the coach, de team etc.

You serious dude? You compare losing in a quaterfinal in a WC to losing to Dominican Republic? Get real. if that is the men's team people would be going mad, but is girls nah.

I am surprised some of you guys are being so harsh. For all we know, T&T could have had goals disallowed, hit the woodwork etc and DR's goal could have been a fluke or a set piece. To concede 3 goals in 3 matches while scoring 18 is superb....a ratio of 6 -1. I understand your disapointment and I feel it too, some of these girls are friends of mine, so I'm gutted. But the criticism leveled is a little unfair in my opinion. Of course we should be beating teams like D.R. but this is a good platform for the Pan American games. Give the girls support now.

Goals count. We went from 14-1 and 5-1 to losing, get real.

guys am sorry that i did not post .. i did not go to the game as it was a 3 hr drive from my hotel & by the time the game was over we would be driving in total darkness... i did it on tuesday evening and we said we would not do it again.. I thought Trinnie drivers were bad ;D the dominicans are LAWLESS .. very few street lights & even fewer signs..
we figured it was in the bag as the team was getting stronger every game.. The dominicans were quite defensive from the games we watched nothing flashy .. just sound defensive soccer .. i suspect they played a 4-5-1 & swarmed yaya our captain whenever she had the ball..like you all when I turned on my computer this morning I thought I was dreaming and was absolutely sick to my stomach that I see that we lost one nil .. picnh me as it is a bad dream...i have yet had a chance to chat with my daughter as she is in-transit though panama as we are awaiting in the states to get home to Toronto..
i hope to gawd that we play cuba & that its not the team with the 2nd best record moving on to concacaf in january..
To answer your questions pellerud was there at the 2nd and 3rd games in the stands however he is the director of womens football & not a bench coach..mr hood has the local girls playing a nice brand of posession football & the team looks like it is on the right track however with this loss am sure you all are going to ask for blood as you do with the mens side of things.
patience does not appera to be a virtue with the Trinnie footie fan and as you all know it takes time to develop. Look at the results from 8 years ago & then 4 years ago & then the past year.. you see a positive trend that the  team can compete and hold its own with the big squads in concacaf.. (was it a mistake not taking more foreign based players, well that is for the TTFF to decide)>.. look at what just happened to Canada  ranked 6th in the world (Expectations were that they would be in the quarter finals).. we only lost by a goal at Concacaf & trust me we are not that far away.. as long as the TTFF will fund the development of local talent and bring in foreign based to augment when needed..
We have the PANAMERICAN games coming up in the fall & would like to think that our big guns (foreign based) will be available for that tournament. It takeds time folks so pleasebe patient and support the team in their trails and tribulations..will update you all soon enough with what really happneded..(or not )

cheers   19

Sorry Soccer 19 but 8 years ago the Domincan Republic was not beating us, no way. We would smash everyone, and lose to the usual USA, Canada, Mexico and somethime Jamaica. Be patient and supporting th eteam does not mean we cannot call the :bs: that's happening.
How are we to compete when Canada is playing in the WC, Mexico had a 17 year old GK in the WC and the core of our team cannot beat the Dominican Republic. So we need we full complimentary of players to play these teams that just starting? What will happen when we meet the big dogs?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 06:37:05 AM »
If this was Shabazz or Anton Corneal you would not hear of this kind of sympathy,lets put aside the friendships etc for a while and focus of Football,lets deal with the game excuses not getting us anywhere.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:00 AM »
patience does not appera to be a virtue with the Trinnie footie fan and as you all know it takes time to develop. Look at the results from 8 years ago & then 4 years ago & then the past year.. you see a positive trend that the  team can compete and hold its own with the big squads in concacaf.. (was it a mistake not taking more foreign based players, well that is for the TTFF to decide)>.. look at what just happened to Canada  ranked 6th in the world (Expectations were that they would be in the quarter finals).. we only lost by a goal at Concacaf & trust me we are not that far away.. as long as the TTFF will fund the development of local talent and bring in foreign based to augment when needed..

cheers   19

No excuse for DR beating us - NONE !!!!!!!!!!

This is some of our top players who got beaten, even foreign base Kennya Cordner was on the team... some of these members have WC experiece too.... DR !!!!...

.... Kimika Forbes, Tiana Bateau, Rhea Belgrave, Arin King, Anastacia Prescott, Karyn Forbes, Janine Francois, Patrice Campbell, Jo-Marie Lewis, Khadidra Debesette, Kennya Cordner, Candance Edwards.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 06:41:21 AM »
amazing how people trying to justify a loss to Dominican Republic, stueps. Get real! I done hearing excuses this rounds.
Youtube Channel

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2011, 06:42:38 AM »
This Robin Hood coach worst than Shabaaz... we loosing 1-0, DR down to 10 men woman and Hood made one sub. And all we need was a blasted tie.

Soccer 19 talking about foreign players, who ? only one was missing, Mollon... dont make excuse, a baseball country buss we tail.... time to move on.

We last under 17 team that played in de WC in 2010 mighta do better.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 06:45:18 AM »
Damn, Elan, you're right "Goals count. We went from 14-1 and 5-1 to losing, get real." I've been a fool, I forgot that the womens team are one of the dominating forces in world football with countless trophies and people paying big money to sponsor them. I guess not being there when you and the tens of thousands of Trinis watched thier last home match and saw them off at the airport, I didn't realise how much support the country had given these girls.

For some reason, I thought these girls were basically amateurs, playing the game they love while holding down a job or studying, buying their own boots, training in the gym at their own expense.

I can't believe these spoilt bitches conceded a solitary goal in a football match after scoring 18 in the previous 2 games. Man, they sure let down their country and people who gave all to support them. They should hang their heads in shame and donate their vast personal fortunes to charity.

In case you don't realise, this is f***ing sarcasm. Some of you guys attitudes make me puke. A bunch of bandwaggonists. If they actually won something you'd be singing the praises of our "Soca Princesses"  If y'all so concerned, why didn't you maybe see if you could really support and send a little US$20 towards a support fund? Maybe personally sponsor a girls boots? I know one girl who takes 2-3 hours to travel from deep South to National team training.

Some of you should be ashamed. These girls put 13 past a national team, and thats something to be proud of no matter who the country is. I can understand the disapointment and frustration, but at least offer some constructive criticism. Next thing you'll be behaving like the English about Beckham and burning effigys of the girls in their home towns.

And maybe even learn the names of the players.....at least that would show some interest on your part.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2011, 07:05:27 AM »
Olympic team coach: No excuse for loss to Dominican Republic.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago's women Olympic team head coach Richard Hood had no excuses for his team's 1-0 defeat to Dominican Republic in their CFU Olympic qualifier on Saturday which put the "Soca Princesses" out of the race for 2012 qualification.

T&T had dominated Bermuda (5-1) and Dominica (14-1) in their previous matches but failed to capitalize on another commanding performance, according to Hood.

"We totally dominated the game and should have won comfortably. We again missed a number of chances including a penalty by Karyn Forbes in the first half.

Generally, we did not play a good game, We were very nervous and panic set in very early, as the opponents pressured every pass causing a lot of errors in the first half particularly," Hood said.

"The second half was much better despite gifting the host their goal in the 52min". Anastasia Prescott, under pressure from an opposing forward passed back to Kimika Forbes in goal who proceded to completely miss her clearance and the forward completed a simple tap in.

Following that the game was played almost entirely in the opponent's half as wave after wave of attack failed to produce any goals for the Soca Princesses.

"It is really difficult to accept losing a game where the opponents did not have a single shot on goal, but in this game when you fail to score your chances you are usually punished.

That's the nature of the game. I now have the task of picking up these girls and motivating them towards preparation for the Pan Am Games in October". (July 10,2011)

T&T Line up: Kimika Forbes (GK), Tiana Bateau, Arin King, Anastasia Prescott, Rhea Belgrave, Patrice Campbell (JoMarie Lewis, 60min), Karyn Forbes, Janine Francois, Khadidra Debesette, Candace Edwards, Kenya Cordner.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2011, 07:27:28 AM »

Some of you should be ashamed. These girls put 13 past a national team, and thats something to be proud of no matter who the country is. I can understand the disapointment and frustration, but at least offer some constructive criticism. Next thing you'll be behaving like the English about Beckham and burning effigys of the girls in their home towns.

And maybe even learn the names of the players.....at least that would show some interest on your part.

What constructive criticism yuh want ?
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
Well, from the report, it looks like it was one of those days at the office that no coach can plan for. DR didn't even have a shot on goal and their goal was a keepers mistake which happens to every single keeper sometime in their career. Same as a missed penalty. Of course we can complain about that, but the truth is s*it happens.

Yeah maybe the coach could have made more changes, but when you've scored 18 goals in the previous 2 games and you have consistent pressure, the law of averages says one of those players must score.

I may look at either changing or working more with the keeper and work on spot kicks, but other than that I see no reason to panic. To put it in perspective, North East missed all 5 spot kicks against Ma Pau and lost the Toyota Cup final on penalties, and that was men like Gary Glasgow and Akiel Guevera who missed.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 12:45:34 PM »
ok...so be it...
next step/...play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2011, 01:40:48 PM »
Damn, Elan, you're right "Goals count. We went from 14-1 and 5-1 to losing, get real." I've been a fool, I forgot that the womens team are one of the dominating forces in world football with countless trophies and people paying big money to sponsor them. I guess not being there when you and the tens of thousands of Trinis watched thier last home match and saw them off at the airport, I didn't realise how much support the country had given these girls.

For some reason, I thought these girls were basically amateurs, playing the game they love while holding down a job or studying, buying their own boots, training in the gym at their own expense.

I can't believe these spoilt bitches conceded a solitary goal in a football match after scoring 18 in the previous 2 games. Man, they sure let down their country and people who gave all to support them. They should hang their heads in shame and donate their vast personal fortunes to charity.

In case you don't realise, this is f***ing sarcasm. Some of you guys attitudes make me puke. A bunch of bandwaggonists. If they actually won something you'd be singing the praises of our "Soca Princesses"  If y'all so concerned, why didn't you maybe see if you could really support and send a little US$20 towards a support fund? Maybe personally sponsor a girls boots? I know one girl who takes 2-3 hours to travel from deep South to National team training.

This post is :bs:

You could tell me about learning player names. Give me a F@#king break. FS
because I doh name drop and all that yo ufeel me eh know what I talk about. Seriously dude if you good with this then that's all well and good with you, but I cyah settle for this. This shows how we look at the women's game. Girls travelling from deep south. WTH, so men eh travelling far too. But again, Is girls.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 01:45:38 PM »
The core of thre WC team was not there gent's re-check the names. The goal that was scored was on a passback error that the keeper completly miss hit the ball (this is not the 1st time this has occured). The Princesses dominated however just could not finish however with Mollen and or Maylee Johnson not there (just to name two players that have international experience). The DR after scoring went into a 4-5-1 defensive   diamond shell & the Princesses just could not complete their finishes.
The bigger question is why was Miss Forbes allowed to take the PK and then when saved still misshit the ball wide. Cordner is more experienced in taking PK's although she did miss one at the WCQ, King has never missed a PK in her interntaional playing career. Forbes is the engine that creates these type of chances however it the coaches job to ensure the right players are taking the right chances at the right times.
The CFU rules clearly state that a playoff round is to be held with the teams with the next best records (it is even on Concacaf's schedule of event's in early November) so the TTFF should be protesting the fact the Cuba has been awarded a spot in vancouver. The very least a home & home should be occuring with the winner earning the right to go to vancouver. Anyone closer to the know can advise us all of this situation.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »
Olympic team coach: No excuse for loss to Dominican Republic.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago's women Olympic team head coach Richard Hood had no excuses for his team's 1-0 defeat to Dominican Republic in their CFU Olympic qualifier on Saturday which put the "Soca Princesses" out of the race for 2012 qualification.

T&T had dominated Bermuda (5-1) and Dominica (14-1) in their previous matches but failed to capitalize on another commanding performance, according to Hood.

"We totally dominated the game and should have won comfortably. We again missed a number of chances including a penalty by Karyn Forbes in the first half.

Generally, we did not play a good game, We were very nervous and panic set in very early, as the opponents pressured every pass causing a lot of errors in the first half particularly," Hood said.

Girls who play in world cup getting nervous in a first round qualifier? Why haven't any other coach think about pressuring the opposing team to make bad passes? I think we just made a break-through in the world of football, put pressure on the other team. Dominican Republic used cutting edge tactics against we.

"The second half was much better despite gifting the host their goal in the 52min". Anastasia Prescott, under pressure from an opposing forward passed back to Kimika Forbes in goal who proceded to completely miss her clearance and the forward completed a simple tap in.

Following that the game was played almost entirely in the opponent's half as wave after wave of attack failed to produce any goals for the Soca Princesses.

"It is really difficult to accept losing a game where the opponents did not have a single shot on goal, but in this game when you fail to score your chances you are usually punished.

So how did they score? Was ah own goal or the forward tap-in? I thought they sat back in there half and eh try to play? Is either they made one attack and score ( which is real bad) or we not getting an accurate report.

That's the nature of the game. I now have the task of picking up these girls and motivating them towards preparation for the Pan Am Games in October". (July 10,2011)

T&T Line up: Kimika Forbes (GK), Tiana Bateau, Arin King, Anastasia Prescott, Rhea Belgrave, Patrice Campbell (JoMarie Lewis, 60min), Karyn Forbes, Janine Francois, Khadidra Debesette, Candace Edwards, Kenya Cordner.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2011, 01:59:11 PM »
Men still taking about how we score 13 goal. Who cares. The bigger picture is we didnt Qualify. Its suddenly a sensitive issue now since is girls. When Belize beat we the whole forum was cussing. So DR girls aint amateurs and paying expenses too? So be it , if people like it so, Enjoy d ride den. 
Youtube Channel

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
The goal was scored because the pitch was not up to FIFA standards when a simple pass back jumps over the keepers foot & she misshitts the ball and the DR striker is left with a wide open net for a tap in. I am not blaming the pitch for the gaol however it played a apart in it. Miss Forbes being an expereinced keeper shouldve at the very least taken a touch and then just cleared the ball out (as they say if in doubt put it out).. I saw it in mexico & i saw it again in DR she needs work on reading the game & keeping her composure under pressure. She is expereinced yet certain aspects of her game are lacking and in order for Trinidad womens team to move forward she needs extensive and exhaustive one one one keeper training that will put her in situtaions under pressure so she will not make thses type of mistakes. The 1st gaol in the 1st game was scored as a result of the same defender being stripped of the ball however if Miss Forbes had checked her gut intincts and came off of her line when she was required to 15 seconds earlier she would not have been cuaght in the mans land. I don't know how many goalkeepeing coaches she has gone through in the past 4 years however if I can see if surely the expereince of the TTFF national goaltender cocahes can see it as well. Time for the sqaud the regroup and redeem theselves at the PANAMS. I understand that there are issues with monies and the federation however the time is now for the TTFF to step up and ensure the program gets the funding it needs as otherwise the past two years of progression will be all for not. Thoughts?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2011, 03:16:01 PM »
The CFU rules clearly state that a playoff round is to be held with the teams with the next best records (it is even on Concacaf's schedule of event's in early November) so the TTFF should be protesting the fact the Cuba has been awarded a spot in vancouver. The very least a home & home should be occuring with the winner earning the right to go to vancouver. Anyone closer to the know can advise us all of this situation.

WE will pay for the sins of jack.

FS, I see your point, but it very hard to accept the results. What this says is that the girls not ready. They need plenty work, plain and simple. Let's see what TTFF will do. I hope they don't abandon these girls. Plz LORD!!!!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »
The goal was scored because the pitch was not up to FIFA standards when a simple pass back jumps over the keepers foot & she misshitts the ball and the DR striker is left with a wide open net for a tap in. I am not blaming the pitch for the gaol however it played a apart in it. Miss Forbes being an expereinced keeper shouldve at the very least taken a touch and then just cleared the ball out (as they say if in doubt put it out).. I saw it in mexico & i saw it again in DR she needs work on reading the game & keeping her composure under pressure. She is expereinced yet certain aspects of her game are lacking and in order for Trinidad womens team to move forward she needs extensive and exhaustive one one one keeper training that will put her in situtaions under pressure so she will not make thses type of mistakes. The 1st gaol in the 1st game was scored as a result of the same defender being stripped of the ball however if Miss Forbes had checked her gut intincts and came off of her line when she was required to 15 seconds earlier she would not have been cuaght in the mans land. I don't know how many goalkeepeing coaches she has gone through in the past 4 years however if I can see if surely the expereince of the TTFF national goaltender cocahes can see it as well. Time for the sqaud the regroup and redeem theselves at the PANAMS. I understand that there are issues with monies and the federation however the time is now for the TTFF to step up and ensure the program gets the funding it needs as otherwise the past two years of progression will be all for not. Thoughts?

So We played on one field and DR played on another field? I got it.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »

WE will pay for the sins of jack.

FS, I see your point, but it very hard to accept the results. What this says is that the girls not ready. They need plenty work, plain and simple. Let's see what TTFF will do. I hope they don't abandon these girls. Plz LORD!!!!!

Nah Deeks they don't have to abandon these girls, there are some very, very good players in the mix here. If you want to play at the international level, then you need someone in the lead with international coaching experience. Not a foreigner necessarily, but a coach who experienced the level outside and understand what it takes at the next level to gain some form of success. Not saying win every game, but make the team look a bit more organized and attempt to play - like EQ and Colombia.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »
Men still taking about how we score 13 goal. Who cares. The bigger picture is we didnt Qualify. Its suddenly a sensitive issue now since is girls. When Belize beat we the whole forum was cussing. So DR girls aint amateurs and paying expenses too? So be it , if people like it so, Enjoy d ride den. 

Its not because its girls, but you see how a ball can bobble and penalty miss gives you a 1-0 loss. All the anger should be aimed at the organisers for playing on a sub standard pitch and then not adhering to the competition rules re runner up qualification. But to be fair, Cuba had 7 points and were unbeaten, so I think its fair that they proceeded. I'm just disapointed at the level of anger when the girls lost through sheer bad luck.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2011, 04:38:58 PM »
Soccer19 I like how you taking notes and asking questions about various aspects like Penalty taking and goalkeeping, etc.

1]; } ?>