May 16, 2024, 12:01:58 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 WNT v Mexico U-20 WNT Game (21-Jan-10).  (Read 16444 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:56:10 PM by E-man »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-20 WNT v Mexico U-20 WNT Game (21-Jan-10).
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »
Sharbazz say that this team was training five to six times ah week  :o

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2010, 03:56:41 PM »
Team bun.  >:(

truetrini

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
Like they was training in volley ball, not football, they eh ready at all.  Poor touches, poor decision making, hurried boom kicks under little or no pressure...disappointing
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:19:06 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
These girls are still in basic developmental stages of the game. They need a lot of overload games to develop composure, shape and support. Did not see one player who merit a national team (granted I saw the last 15 minutes of the 1st and all of the 2nd). We have a very long ways to go.

I hope these girls can recuperate and step up to meet USA in a couple days.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »
No shots on goal the second half for TT, nothing formed when we had possession. Skill level for TT was suspect. The score could have been worse. Not looking forward to the US game if this is the best we have to offer. I was hoping for a better showing.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »
The USA pounding JA 5-0. Not looking forward to the US game. The running and have good ball control. Keep on fighting Princesses!!!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2010, 08:15:55 PM »
These girls are still in basic developmental stages of the game. They need a lot of overload games to develop composure, shape and support. Did not see one player who merit a national team (granted I saw the last 15 minutes of the 1st and all of the 2nd). We have a very long ways to go.

I hope these girls can recuperate and step up to meet USA in a couple days.

we have Even Pellerud now all we need now is for them girls to get games
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2010, 10:36:58 AM »
It is very hard to get games for the U20's from September to June as the majority are in school and cannot afford to miss that much school. However you are correct that the more high level friendlies the Princesses play will get them to the next level. Playing the younger men will only go so far. Intra squads only show what needs working on however friendlies show the coaching staff the mental makeup of the players.
Although the team played more of a defensive mode they still need to mark tighter defensively and not panic when the attack is on. As a defender you cannot jump in as you have to jockey the attacker and slow the play down to wait for reinforcements of a double team. We had way too many fouls as a result of the ladies running into a Mexican attacker because she jumped in originally. As you saw Mexico was very dangerous on it's set plays. Well the USA is that much more dangerous on their set plays. If the Princesses play more disciplined and play tighter defensively than we will have a chance to keep the goals against down. Our keeper has very good hands however she needs to know her defenders are going to be there for her out front. Rest up and drink and eat well today ladies.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »
It is very hard to get games for the U20's from September to June as the majority are in school and cannot afford to miss that much school. However you are correct that the more high level friendlies the Princesses play will get them to the next level. Playing the younger men will only go so far. Intra squads only show what needs working on however friendlies show the coaching staff the mental makeup of the players.
Although the team played more of a defensive mode they still need to mark tighter defensively and not panic when the attack is on. As a defender you cannot jump in as you have to jockey the attacker and slow the play down to wait for reinforcements of a double team. We had way too many fouls as a result of the ladies running into a Mexican attacker because she jumped in originally. As you saw Mexico was very dangerous on it's set plays. Well the USA is that much more dangerous on their set plays. If the Princesses play more disciplined and play tighter defensively than we will have a chance to keep the goals against down. Our keeper has very good hands however she needs to know her defenders are going to be there for her out front. Rest up and drink and eat well today ladies.

The girls do not understand how to play defensively. They don't even defend individually properly, muchless for small group s and team defending. They apparently don't have any or don't understand roles, principles and responsibilities. I hope something drastic could happen to have a great showing vs the USA.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »
Elan IMHO your statement is wrong and I hope the Princesses prove you wrong.
Many of these girls would not be on scholarships in the states and Canada if they did not understand the game. Chalk this one up to nerves , forget it and move forward.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2010, 11:44:40 AM »
What you put into the team is what you will get out of the team. The girls have come a long way and they can only continue to improve through increased demands both on and off the field. Discrediting them or making incorrect analyses about them does no good. The US team has one player playing on the senior national team, 8 of them played in the last U17 World Cup. The majority of them are coming off of their college seasons. So this team is well seasoned. When I look at the Trini girls their experiences are much different. So what do we expect on Saturday? We could all sit here and make all the analyses we want about the Trini girls. This I know is true. They are a more competitive unit today than they were 5 years ago. There is still a lot of work to be done with women's football in Trini. It seems Jack Warner is taking their football more serious. These girls have to be continually challenged in training and in games. There is no short cut to success as we all know. If the coaching staff want to do things half way then expect half way performances.

At the same time i see nothing wrong with playing more defensive against a team that is stronger than you and picking your moments to go forward. World class club teams and national teams do it so why can't these girls be asked to do the same. I don't expect them to try and play all out against the US. They will get blown away. I felt Jamaica did a better job holding on to the ball in the middle and final third against USA as oppose to what Trini did against Mexico and the US will be a much tougher opposition. There are still more games to be played so lets all sit back watch and try and enjoy the tournament and see where things fall by the end.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »
What you put into the team is what you will get out of the team. The girls have come a long way and they can only continue to improve through increased demands both on and off the field. Discrediting them or making incorrect analyses about them does no good. The US team has one player playing on the senior national team, 8 of them played in the last U17 World Cup. The majority of them are coming off of their college seasons. So this team is well seasoned. When I look at the Trini girls their experiences are much different. So what do we expect on Saturday? We could all sit here and make all the analyses we want about the Trini girls. This I know is true. They are a more competitive unit today than they were 5 years ago. There is still a lot of work to be done with women's football in Trini. It seems Jack Warner is taking their football more serious. These girls have to be continually challenged in training and in games. There is no short cut to success as we all know. If the coaching staff want to do things half way then expect half way performances.

At the same time i see nothing wrong with playing more defensive against a team that is stronger than you and picking your moments to go forward. World class club teams and national teams do it so why can't these girls be asked to do the same. I don't expect them to try and play all out against the US. They will get blown away. I felt Jamaica did a better job holding on to the ball in the middle and final third against USA as oppose to what Trini did against Mexico and the US will be a much tougher opposition. There are still more games to be played so lets all sit back watch and try and enjoy the tournament and see where things fall by the end.

How is anyone discrediting them? The performance on the field speak for itself. When they play their next game then we can re-evaluate the players, but as of last game, I don't think that most of the comments are unfair.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2010, 02:59:01 PM »
nnyman18 and elan come home and work the the ttff time to come home and contribute
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2010, 03:59:31 PM »
I am willing andIi know nnyman18 is to (he even go down and do a lot of work and has offered to contribute more), but to get in and do anything is and will be tough. Look how long Jamal and Marlon in charge and no one else getting "ah lil tush". May be in time people who can do better will get a bligh.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2010, 09:14:45 PM »
Elan the only point i was trying to get across is i can't blame the players when i know they are not being put through the rigors to be the very best they can be. If we knew them guys and them was doing the work that is needed for these girls to be successful I would have ripped them apart a long time ago. i just can't right now until that happens.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
Trini 2014 Elan is right. it have nuff men out here who will come home and assist with the women's program if given the chance. However, it won't happen. Marlon and them know how to get in touch with us and never do. Just imagine this trini getting ready to battle with the US tomorrow and there are least 8 players on the US team I have been personally working with in some capacity. I know these kids inside out and i know what they are capabale of. So I already know how tough it will be for the trini girls tomorrow. I always wished it was the other way around but it is what it is. All men like Elan and I could do is just keep on impacting the game in the manner we have been doing over the years out here. As for the Canary and the owl. Well Jamal will find out tomorrow that there will be no owl eating any canary.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2010, 11:23:33 PM »
Elan the only point i was trying to get across is i can't blame the players when i know they are not being put through the rigors to be the very best they can be. If we knew them guys and them was doing the work that is needed for these girls to be successful I would have ripped them apart a long time ago. i just can't right now until that happens.

I get you.

Offline soccerlover

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2010, 01:35:30 AM »
  Please, don't get too frustrated with our ladies . They are doing their best and they are following Shabazz's and Marlon's game plan .It is clear that this is not a very talented group of girls based on their touches and decision making . Shabazz himself said that the team was not as talented as those in the past , didn't he .This team has 4 foreign based players in its line up; 3 of them live and go to school in the U.S , Mims , Prentice and Dennis .The other is Canadian , Arin King #19.None of these girls are on scholarships.The remaining 16 girls are all home based ( not on scholarship either ).These girls play in the SSFL and WOLF where the standard is very low .The few girls that have any experience playing in the U.S. are all absent , defenders Kelly and Cunningham due to injury and Belgrave , Olliviere , Isaacs and Warrick ( midfielders/forwards ) who all withdrew  from the team for personal reasons .These are the girls that are on scholarship.
   I saw the team training at U.W.I. a couple times and the only focus was on defensive shape . No work was done on transition from defense to offense .No work was done on build up play or on finishing  and there was never any intensity in the movements . Perhaps that is why the girls seem lost when they do win the ball in our half . Perhaps that's why there is no hustling or aggression in the team .The last time we played Mexico (2008 ) they beat us 3-0 , so as far as Shabazz is concerned ,we are playing better . In that same tournament the U.S. beat us  4-0 . I am sure Shabazz will be satisfied as long as the score is less . For the girls sake , I  hope so. :-[

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »
Your information is incorrect sir, as to the level of skills of these young ladies from the USA. I think if you did your research you would find out differently. Taylor Mims is a scholarship player at Seton Hall University. A division 1 school the highest level in the USA she is one of only two freshman who started for this university. Played in every game except for two. Seton Hall plays in the Big East along with Notre Dame, Rutgers, St Johns some of the best teams in the country. Her Coach at Seton Hall is The same coach  who currently coaches the USA U-17 National Team. This coach coaches some of the very best players in the USA, and recruited this kid on scholarship to play for him for four years. I would ask that when you give information on such a public forum know of what you speak firt aor you lose all creditbility. 

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2010, 10:29:01 AM »
PISCATAWAY, N.J. - Junior Shannon Desmond (Chandler, Ariz.) tallied her first goal of the year in 86th minute to send the game into overtime, however Rutgers' forward Ashley Jones netted her fifth goal of the year in the first overtime, 98th minute, to defeat the Pirates (3-4), 2-1, Friday evening at Yurcak Field.

Stefanee Pace, whose direct kick just outside the box in the 94th minute was saved by Pirates goalkeeper Jennifer Pettigrew (Kearny, N.J.), fed a crisp pass to Jones who used her speed to beat her defender and then Pettigrew into the bottom left corner of the net.

In regulation, just one minute after Pirates' senior Megan Mills (Sykesville, Md.) had a goal called back on a late foul whistle, Rutgers (6-1-1) took a, 1-0, lead in the 69th minute.  Pettigrew and Rutgers' forward Karla Schacher chased a loosed ball towards each other.  As Pettigrew slid to block the ball from going further towards the net, Schacher tipped the ball over the netminder and kicked it into the empty net for her second of the season.

The lead lasted until the 86th minute when Desmond netted her goal to tie the game.  Junior Nicki Gross (Emerson, N.J.) drove her corner kick towards the scrum in the box finding Desmond who headed the ball over Scarlet Knights' goalkeeper Erin Guthrie's right shoulder.

The two teams battled to scoreless first half thanks to two top plays by freshman Taylor Mims (Miller Place, N.Y.).  In the 19th minute, Rutgers Julie Lanos' corner kick found Jones in the box who headed the ball to the open area of the net, however Mims was standing on the line denying the Scarlet Knights the early lead.  Just eight minutes later, Jones picked up a loose ball cutting to the left of the box when Mims caught up to her to make a diving block on her point blank shot.

Rutgers outshot the Hall 15-6 and finished the game in the lead with corner kicks 8-1 and fouls 11-9. 

Pettigrew ended the game with five saves while Guthrie made one.

The Pirates continue their 2009 season when they return home to face Iona on Monday.  Kick-off is set for 7:00 p.m. and will mark their final non-conference game of the year.

Courtesy: Seton Hall Athletic Communications

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2010, 10:33:17 AM »
TAYLOR MIMS

High School/Personal:  Was a member of the 2008 U-17 Trinidad National Team... Started all three games in the FIFA World Cup qualifying games, including the game against the USA National Team coached by head coach Kazbek Tambi... Named to the NSCAA/Adidas All-Region team her senior year and the New York All-State Team sophomore, junior, and senior year... A four-time All-County Player and team MVP... Captained her high school team senior year... Led her high school team to the New York State Final Four junior year, while winning the Southeast title that same season... Has been a member of the Eastern New York State ODP program for two years under the tutelage of 1999 Seton Hall graduate Steve Welham... An English major... Born Jan. 16, 1991.

I think this speaks for itself.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2010, 10:41:21 AM »
It is also my understanding that Prentice has been recruited to play for Auburn in the SEC. A division 1 program playing in one of the toughest conferences in the USA.  I am unclear how you come on here and state fact that are untrure and not factual as if you know of what you speak. These young ladies are achieving in the highest level of collegian soccer in the USA. Trust me the talent is there. I would only ask if it is being utilized properly.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2010, 12:40:43 PM »
Did more research because unlike you I gain knowledge before I opened my MOUTH Thje other girls who you claim are on scholarship, Belgrave, Warrick, Olliviere Issacs are not and CANNOT be on scholarship. They play either division 3 soccer or only at a Junior college. I am not sure why you would come own this public forum with such MISinformation I will give you the benefit of the doubt to say it was not intentional, but just a mistake. I will point you to each college site to verify my information. You clearly know nothing of collegian soccer in America. Only division 1 and division 2 schools can offer scholoarships. The only player currently on the TT team listed at any division 1 school is the previous mentioned player. IThe only other player listed on the prospect for a division 1 school currently on the TT roster is Prentice. Why you continue to give misinformation on the USA based players suggest something other than a mere mistake. I hope that you would have the decency to come back on this site and apologize to these young ladiens in the same forum in which you chose to disparage them. Any one wishing to confirm this information need only to go to the school site of the school mentioned as well as the college recruitment site for colleges. And to the NCAA recruitment page covering scholarships.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2010, 01:04:42 PM »
http://www.stateuniversity.com/universities/NY/Bryant_and_Stratton_College_Main_Syracuse.html

this is the site for the Junior college (two year school) that one of the girls you mentioned attend, verify your misinformation for yourself. Understyand what a junior college is and the level of play before posting next time I have provided the sites for you to READ

Thttp://www.ncaa.org/  This is the site for the NCAA governing scholarships read and become knowledgable knowledge is POWER. 

The others mentioned do play at a division 2 level where by NCAA rules there are some scholarship monies offered. I hope this correct some of the misinformation place on this public forum.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2010, 01:13:21 PM »
Randy Waldrum the coach for the U-17 TT team last year was named coach of the year for 2009 at the Division one (1) the highest in USA. Wonder why we could not keep this guy we had him.

http://www.bigeast.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92467&SPID=11208&DB_OEM_ID=19400&ATCLID=204859254

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2010, 01:27:33 PM »
http://www.und.com/sports/w-soccer/mtt/waldrum_randy00.html

Former TT national coach named coach of the year in USA

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2010, 02:50:29 PM »
Soccer lover please verify before posting

http://www.shupirates.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12600&KEY=&SPID=5502&SPSID=52802

more sites so you can verify how inaccurate your informations is

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
Waldrum and Laufer would've loved to been involved however the politic's within the TTFF precluded them being involved at this time. (from their U17 result IMHO)

FYI , King the teams Canadian born player is at the University of Toronto on an Athletic award.
The Canadian system is different in how they hand out their monies.
King was a second team allstar in her freshman year in the OUA east (Ontario University Athletic's)

http://www.oua.ca/sports/soccer/wsoccer/home/index.html?article_id=9625

Cheers   19

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »
yet even more information to prove how incorrect you are Soccerlover

Nathasha Prentice
https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/

Hey Soccerlover Sir, you may have single handly posted the most incorrect bit of iformation ever posted on this site. These young ladies I am sure would appreciate your apology

1]; } ?>