Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 480425 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica Football Thread.
« Reply #2640 on: June 30, 2011, 02:08:15 PM »
Nah I jus like laughin at yall. by the way, who's the next big talent from Trinidad? please don't say kenwyne jones.
Since we on the topic of asking questions, ill' come right back @ yuh. who's the next big talent out of jamdown ? and don't tell me demar phillips or cummings.

the only reason jamaica is doing well is BC your federation stepped up! while ours is still draggin their feet after the shock of makin ah WC and have not been able to get over that.

but i bet if these neanderthals who are runnin T&T football decides to step up the game, we could do much better than you, simply BC we have the talent to compete with any team in cocacaf, it's just that our federation have worms and all they want tuh do is lay down and sleep instead of putting their shoulder to the wheel.

i'm hoping with a new coach and all, that this maybe the end of the BS , and if so then watch yuh arse. :bringiton:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: June 30, 2011, 02:32:05 PM »
Nah I jus like laughin at yall. by the way, who's the next big talent from Trinidad? please don't say kenwyne jones.
Since we on the topic of asking questions, ill' come right back @ yuh. who's the next big talent out of jamdown ? and don't tell me demar phillips or cummings.

the only reason jamaica is doing well is BC your federation stepped up! while ours is still draggin their feet after the shock of makin ah WC and have not been able to get over that.

but i bet if these neanderthals who are runnin T&T football decides to step up the game, we could do much better than you, simply BC we have the talent to compete with any team in cocacaf, it's just that our federation have worms and all they want tuh do is lay down and sleep instead of putting their shoulder to the wheel.

i'm hoping with a new coach and all, that this maybe the end of the BS , and if so then watch yuh arse. :bringiton:
So what is JFF's job if not to step up and improve Jamaica's football. What is the true purpose of the TTFF hiring a German coach.

As the talent. T&T will soon face the next big Reggae Boy. If T&T can make it out of the World Cup group. :praying: :praying: :praying: :angel:
jjbrown

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: June 30, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »

So what is JFF's job if not to step up and improve Jamaica's football. What is the true purpose of the TTFF hiring a German coach.

As the talent. T&T will soon face the next big Reggae Boy. If T&T can make it out of the World Cup group. :praying: :praying: :praying: :angel:
Breds, unlike you i does give credit where credit is due, and jamaica deserves ah whole lot of credit. i remember not too long ago when we was doing ok around the WC 2006 and jamaica was laggin behind. yes you guys were beaten severely by england and trumped by SVG not even making it to the 2007 degicel cup in T&T.

now after ah few bumps and kinks were ironed out, you  guys have seemed to have gotten it together thanx in part to cpt burrell, (i wish camps had half the conviction this man has) the JA private sector (cooperate sponsorship) and a great coach who knows his players very well and has been able to put the best available jamaican team on the pitch.

as for the german coach, i'm not to enthusiastic about him, not because i lack confidence in his ability, but rather, chances are i fear he would ride out just like beenhakker BC of these monkey men runnin T&T football. i actually don't see any future for T&T football while they old rum drinkers who are void of ideas still runnin the show.

i think if otto stays and has the full cooperation of the TTFF we would do well, but i know that this is just a temporary arrangement, these ppl runnin T&T football could fack up feces if given a chance.

BTW, since leo beenhakker left our shores, we've not seen our best players took to the field, and i'm talking about 5 yrs ago! every bum and his brother got a shot to play for T&T during wim, pancho, and lastas tenure.  so that you know.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Web-based data bank
« Reply #2643 on: July 17, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »
AN innovative idea that is expected to catapult Jamaica's football into the fast-paced stratosphere of the information highway "to unprecedented levels" has gained traction with at least one local stakeholder.

Pro-Goals Sports, a sports talent management firm with headquarters in the USA, has brought the exciting concept of having critical information about Jamaica's players and leagues beamed to the rest of the world through an Internet-based data bank to the organisers of Jamaica's top league.

[Hide Description] (L-R) WALLEN... at forefront of getting Jamaicans aboard. JUREIDINI... it’s a player’s or club’s passport
[Restore Description]
1/1

This information would then be at the fingertips for football clubs, agents, scouts, managers, coaches and corporate entities to peruse at leisure.

Following a meeting with the Premier League Clubs Association (PLCA) on Tuesday, the local body "has agreed in principle" to soar with the idea.

Already, the process of collating the data has started and should be uploaded to the major football information depository, SoccerAssociation.com, in "30 days" and in time for the new Premier League season.

Managing director of Pro-Goals Sports, Romel Wallen, is the man at the forefront of getting Jamaican interests on board to what has become a common practice in the world of professional football, and he says the "benefits are limitless".

"It (SoccerAssociation) is perhaps the number one used football research tool globally as it is used by most major clubs, agents and scouts. It is also great exposure for local clubs, because the database is designed to direct you through clubs to find players of interest. It's great marketing for clubs," Wallen told the Sunday Observer.

Confident of its potential for success, the Jamaican argued that the local Premier League in particular stands on the periphery of being cast into a dimension few thought of prior.

"This will take the DPL from relative international obscurity and place it into a virtual football arena that is viewed globally," he said.

"For the players, they can be inspired by the fact that their week-to-week work locally will be viewed by the global football community, placing less emphasis on them having to be on the national team," Wallen outlined.

Jamaican players are already in the SoccerAssociation database, but only the approximate 25 playing for top clubs in Europe and the USA, plus those in the wider Reggae Boyz pool.

Therefore, the new move by Pro-Goals Sports and the PLCA seeks to also integrate all other players plying their trade in the top local league for international exposure and assessment.

"We've had relative success in getting local footballers professional opportunities, this increased exposure can only help," Wallen added.

SoccerAssociation.com, which stores profiles of players of over 200 leagues and all international playing countries, archives current match-to-match league data for players globally and Jamaica will be the first Caribbean country to be added.

"It's a big stepping stone for our local league to gain some international credibility, or at the very least an identity," said the Pro-Goals Sports head.

Wallen's partner Robert Chambers is the director of Pro-Goals Americas based in Florida.

Meanwhile, PLCA executive, Clyde Jureidini, welcomed the new initiative and did not hesitate to point to the obvious benefits for the local league and its players.

"Essentially it will add credibility to the Caribbean/Jamaican football landscape at the international, national, club and grassroots levels by falling in line with global best practices in the information age," he said.

Jureidini, who also serves as general manager for Harbour View FC, which is one of the top local exporting clubs, suggested that Jamaica's current ranking as the Caribbean's number one at 38th on the FIFA listing will certainly boost the image of the country in this exciting marketplace.

"We should be more exposed to proper analytical evaluation of our league, administrators, clubs, players, management and referees by FIFA agents, scouts and professional clubs on a daily basis.

"The PLCA would facilitate the data entry on a timely basis, value-added exposure to its sponsors, streaming live in addition to guiding all 12 (Premier League) clubs to post individual websites to support and add more intricate details of players, managers and sponsors," Jureidini explained.

The respected football manager said he and the rest of the PLCA team, headed by Edward Seaga, were sold on the idea because it held immeasurable benefits for broad-based development of the sport.

"It is a player's/club's passport... this not only stops at the Reggae Boyz level but goes deeper into clubs, schools, grassroots archives... a path of growth, development and designed programmes that are tracked accurately to push all participants to log data sequentially each session, day, week, season, year and competition," said Jureidini, who exhibited an intimate knowledge of the workings of SoccerAssociation.

The possibilities, if the passion of Jureidini and Wallen is anything to go by, are seemingly endless.

"(For one) players are readily perceived as more marketable worldwide, moving the transfer values upward; this starts negotiation from a level of professionalism, not merely as amateur or semi-professional at best when Jamaican players or clubs are not seen on the football websites road map internationally," Jureidini concluded.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Web-based-data-bank-to-log-J-can-players_9233412#ixzz1SPv6ml4W
Hard work is the key to success

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: July 18, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »
HAWK TOO
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: July 18, 2011, 04:49:31 PM »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I aint been on here in a while but I cam e here to say one thing.....
« Reply #2647 on: July 19, 2011, 09:19:29 AM »
eheh! heh! tell dem doan thief da laugh deh
i really dont think anyone wah thief a bleaching battybwoy laugh...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: July 19, 2011, 01:59:14 PM »
Ja trying to set up reggae boyz 2.0

it go be though this time.

Mexico Clicking and USA is USA, chances are only one and a half spots left.

Cut rate english men vs Honduras Costa Rica and panama for a spot defenitely not a done deal.

I doubt beckford will come because he will be eyeing a hopeful england call up.

The other men might be too shitty to make much difference.

It really is a catch 22 men dont want to come unless the world cup sure and right about now it aint that sure.

They have not made the hex in the last 2 times around.

Who know how tough the group is that they end up in and may not make the Hex again nothing is for sure except

If they try to fill the gaps with foreign products versus natural development at home they will never ultimately reach there.

1998 was 13 years ago they made the world cup with men who learned to play outside and they still do not have a program to develop in men on the inside.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: July 19, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »

Cut rate english men vs Honduras Costa Rica and panama for a spot defenitely not a done deal.

It really is a catch 22 men dont want to come unless the world cup sure and right about now it aint that sure.

Who know how tough the group is that they end up in and may not make the Hex again nothing is for sure except

If they try to fill the gaps with foreign products versus natural development at home they will never ultimately reach there.

1998 was 13 years ago they made the world cup with men who learned to play outside and they still do not have a program to develop in men on the inside.

did you attend school? steuuups :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2650 on: July 28, 2011, 05:04:21 AM »
Milutinovic loses $3m bid damages from Jamaica.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Switzerland—Five-time World Cup coach Bora Milutinovic has lost his legal bid to receive a million-dollar payoff from the Jamaica Football Federation after being fired in 2007. Milutinovic originally sought $3 million to settle the three years remaining on his deal when he was sacked for an unspecified breach of contract.

A Swiss Federal Tribunal ruling published this week rejected Milutinovic’s final appeal and confirmed he would receive compensation of less than $20,000. However, the tribunal also ordered the Serbian coach to pay 32,000 Swiss francs ($40,000) in court costs and legal fees.

Milutinovic’s legal battle pitted him against Jamaican officials, FIFA and the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Nicknamed “The Miracle Worker” for his World Cup record, Milutinovic made football history as the first man to coach five different teams at the finals.

Jamaica hired him in November 2006 on a four-year contract with an annual salary of $1 million. When Milutinovic was fired less than one year later, Jamaica had fallen 45 places to No 103 in the FIFA rankings. His side had lost 8-1 against Iran, 3-0 to Vietnam and 2-1 in Indonesia. Milutinovic took his claim for compensation to FIFA whose players’ status committee awarded him $1 million.

Jamaican officials appealed to a CAS panel which downgraded the award to “$19,691.90 in liquidated damages,” the sports court said. Milutinovic challenged the JFF and FIFA at Switzerland’s supreme court, which has dismissed his appeal. From 1986-2002, he guided Mexico, Costa Rica, the United States, Nigeria and China, respectively, at the World Cup.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: July 28, 2011, 08:14:44 AM »

WOW!!! Are you talking about T&T or Jamaica. Because using the HEX as some achievement is beyond astounding after being given an easy semi-final round. Easy in the sense of the US disrespecting T&T by using "schoolboys" for a return leg where T&T struggled to beat the US "schoolboys" 2-1. The US did this because they knew that they could easily get 6 points from T&T in the HEX. :rotfl: :rotfl:
So now that Jackula is there no more to rig the seeding by using an outdated two year ranking let's see if T&T can top their group and advance to the third round where Mexico, USA, Jamaica, Honduras, Costa Rica and Cuba are waiting :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton:

If not, T&T can kiss the World Cup 2014 goodbye until 2016. :nailbiting: :praying: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
jjbrown

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: July 28, 2011, 08:56:55 AM »
Milutinovic loses $3m bid damages from Jamaica.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Switzerland—Five-time World Cup coach Bora Milutinovic has lost his legal bid to receive a million-dollar payoff from the Jamaica Football Federation after being fired in 2007. Milutinovic originally sought $3 million to settle the three years remaining on his deal when he was sacked for an unspecified breach of contract.

A Swiss Federal Tribunal ruling published this week rejected Milutinovic’s final appeal and confirmed he would receive compensation of less than $20,000. However, the tribunal also ordered the Serbian coach to pay 32,000 Swiss francs ($40,000) in court costs and legal fees.

Milutinovic’s legal battle pitted him against Jamaican officials, FIFA and the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Nicknamed “The Miracle Worker” for his World Cup record, Milutinovic made football history as the first man to coach five different teams at the finals.

Jamaica hired him in November 2006 on a four-year contract with an annual salary of $1 million. When Milutinovic was fired less than one year later, Jamaica had fallen 45 places to No 103 in the FIFA rankings. His side had lost 8-1 against Iran, 3-0 to Vietnam and 2-1 in Indonesia. Milutinovic took his claim for compensation to FIFA whose players’ status committee awarded him $1 million.

Jamaican officials appealed to a CAS panel which downgraded the award to “$19,691.90 in liquidated damages,” the sports court said. Milutinovic challenged the JFF and FIFA at Switzerland’s supreme court, which has dismissed his appeal. From 1986-2002, he guided Mexico, Costa Rica, the United States, Nigeria and China, respectively, at the World Cup.

Shameless bastards !!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: August 04, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »
As bad as a winless Jamaica's football team was under Clueless Creston Brainless Boxhill who gave us our worst FIFA ranking at #106. Jamaica still had the cojones to face England in a friendly which the Reggae Boyz got thrashed 6-0.
There are other examples of Jamaica's football being worse than T&T's now under Clueless Creston Brainless Boxhill. Even now, the JFF is still short of cash. But somehow Jamaica will still continue to defy the odds i.e. 2008 World Cup qualifiers Group of Death where many did not give Jamaica's Reggae Boyz a chance in hell of getting even 4 points.
Now all I'm hearing from most Trinis is that the Road to the HEX is beyond T&T's reach because Mexico and Costa Rica-their opponents in the next round-will take the two spots for the HEX. Are you joking. Has Jack Warner really made T&T dependent on him. Jamaica's Reggae Boyz  would still believe that first or second is still attainable for the HEX.
Mexico were sure biting their nails nervously in the last qualifiers and praying that the Reggae Boyz did not beat Canada by a certain amount of goals. ;D
Jamaica is not as rich as T&T, but Jamaicans don't lack bravado. Grow a pair, T&T.   
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:45:47 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: August 08, 2011, 08:34:17 AM »
It's official. Jamaica now have two serious sports rivals. T&T and now Barbados ;D

U-23s bow out! - Boyz ejected after contentious last-minute penalty

PARAMARIBO, Suriname — Jamaica's Under-23 team missed out on a place in the second round of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) qualifiers for the 2012 London Olympics after an exciting, but highly contentious 2-2 draw with Suriname at the Andre Kamperveen Stadium in Paramaribo yesterday evening.
Both teams ended on seven points, but Suriname topped the group by virtue of a far superior goal difference.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/U-23sbow-out-3-Boyz-ejected-after-Bajan-ref-awards-hosts-contentious-last-minute-penalty-for-2-2-result_9397199#ixzz1URbBrfX8

PLUS: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/tools/cartoons/ed-cartoon-aug-08-2011   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

So I guess I should support T&T to knock out Barbados since they are Jamaica's present headache. ;D ;D

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:13:48 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JAmaica vs China live stream on now
« Reply #2656 on: August 10, 2011, 07:11:20 AM »
HAWK TWO

COME ON CHINA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: JAmaica vs China live stream on now
« Reply #2657 on: August 10, 2011, 07:36:58 AM »
chinee dem ninja-ing dem fellas it look like
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: August 10, 2011, 09:03:21 AM »
I am surprised at all these Jamaican posters who suddenly seem to think they are the biggest and best in CONCACAF,i'll give them the fact that they are now the best in the Caribbean all because TTs football started a slide to the bottom rung of the ladder,it was by no means our ballers fault but down to our officials in charge.That fact was there for all to see and by our absence Jamaica had very little opposition.Let me ask all Jamaicans to tell me their achievements since 1998,you would see that the answer is very negligible,in my view you still have a little way to go before you can say that you have equalled TTs achievements.You got to 98 WC and you could not build on that so why are you going on about nothing,you even missed out on the 2 past HEX,so tell me why all the verbals bout you dis and dat.If I were you I'll wait till the Qualifying matches start,and when you get in the HEX and qualify for Brazil then you can celebrate,right now allyuh celebrating nothing.I believe Jamaicans think we dont have any body to call on because Latapy was using pure home players,I wont bother to heducate them just wait and yuh gwine see,"who larf larse larf bess",old Trini saying,mark my words.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: August 10, 2011, 09:12:49 AM »
I am surprised at all these Jamaican posters who suddenly seem to think they are the biggest and best in CONCACAF,i'll give them the fact that they are now the best in the Caribbean all because TTs football started a slide to the bottom rung of the ladder,it was by no means our ballers fault but down to our officials in charge.That fact was there for all to see and by our absence Jamaica had very little opposition.Let me ask all Jamaicans to tell me their achievements since 1998,you would see that the answer is very negligible,in my view you still have a little way to go before you can say that you have equalled TTs achievements.You got to 98 WC and you could not build on that so why are you going on about nothing,you even missed out on the 2 past HEX,so tell me why all the verbals bout you dis and dat.If I were you I'll wait till the Qualifying matches start,and when you get in the HEX and qualify for Brazil then you can celebrate,right now allyuh celebrating nothing.I believe Jamaicans think we dont have any body to call on because Latapy was using pure home players,I wont bother to heducate them just wait and yuh gwine see,"who larf larse larf bess",old Trini saying,mark my words.

Frico, keep yuhself quiet nah!!

Until we get rid of Camps & crew JA will remain the number team in the Caribbean!

So until we resolve that problem the Jamaicans have full license to brag & gloat as much as they wish!!

They are currently Caribbean Champions as well as the highest FIFA ranked Caribbean team and as long as those two things remain the same that is good enough for them!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: August 10, 2011, 09:37:45 AM »

Frico, keep yuhself quiet nah!!

Until we get rid of Camps & crew JA will remain the number team in the Caribbean!

So until we resolve that problem the Jamaicans have full license to brag & gloat as much as they wish!!

They are currently Caribbean Champions as well as the highest FIFA ranked Caribbean team and as long as those two things remain the same that is good enough for them!!

I am going to have to go with Socapro on this one Frico. Unfortunately, Jamaica have every right to buss style on us.

T&T has a long and proud footballing history, but our footballing present is in tatters.

The Jamaican footballing authorities must be comemnded for the work that has gone into developing Jamaican football.

T&T became compacent after 2006 and our "last minute" philosophy has left us in the morass that we're in now.

We cyah even organize ah match with Haiti and Camps talking about lack of government funding....

We are simply not serious.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: August 10, 2011, 10:16:43 AM »
Kaliman 2006:
I agree whole heartedly with what yuh say and I think I said the same,I said they are the number one in the Caribbean but there was a major challenge missing as TTs football was in a big mess,this was all down to and engineered not on the football field but off it.I honestly feel that everything in order and all things in place we are a match for anybody,but as you say change is needed,ok so is their privilage to gloat but what are they gloating about,have they just been crowned CONCACAF champions,no they just win Caribbean Championship 2nd time in a row we win that bout 8 times,Regards mate and I still hope to be in Brazil even if is to watch the Yardies.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2662 on: August 10, 2011, 10:32:25 AM »
TT's football is on a downward spiral and with Camps and Roberts at loggerheads, it would take a minor miracle to make the Hex.

J'ca know as much about the Hex as Camps knows about balancing a spread sheet. Should J'ca make the Hex they'll probably beat their chest like it's the actual WC.

Simply put, two minnow struggling.

I wish the MOS had the power to get rid of Camps and the lot, we would have a fightng chance then.

Thanks Camps, THIS is your legacy.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2663 on: August 10, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »
It's official. Jamaica now have two serious sports rivals. T&T and now Barbados ;D

U-23s bow out! - Boyz ejected after contentious last-minute penalty

PARAMARIBO, Suriname — Jamaica's Under-23 team missed out on a place in the second round of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) qualifiers for the 2012 London Olympics after an exciting, but highly contentious 2-2 draw with Suriname at the Andre Kamperveen Stadium in Paramaribo yesterday evening.
Both teams ended on seven points, but Suriname topped the group by virtue of a far superior goal difference.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/U-23sbow-out-3-Boyz-ejected-after-Bajan-ref-awards-hosts-contentious-last-minute-penalty-for-2-2-result_9397199#ixzz1URbBrfX8

PLUS: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/tools/cartoons/ed-cartoon-aug-08-2011   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

So I guess I should support T&T to knock out Barbados since they are Jamaica's present headache. ;D ;D

Please doh goat mout my side. You  do enough for Jamaica.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: August 10, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
Kaliman 2006:
I agree whole heartedly with what yuh say and I think I said the same,I said they are the number one in the Caribbean but there was a major challenge missing as TTs football was in a big mess,this was all down to and engineered not on the football field but off it.I honestly feel that everything in order and all things in place we are a match for anybody,but as you say change is needed,ok so is their privilage to gloat but what are they gloating about,have they just been crowned CONCACAF champions,no they just win Caribbean Championship 2nd time in a row we win that bout 8 times,Regards mate and I still hope to be in Brazil even if is to watch the Yardies.

You did basically say the same thing in your post and I apologize if I did not read it carefully enough. I think what bothers people on this site at times is that there are some posters who DO NOT represent the majority of Jamaican people who make posts downplaying T&T's football achievements. I have come to realize that they are deliberately winding people up and many are taking the bait (I myself have taken it in the past). However, this is the internet after all and I have realized that it is silly to allow cyber personalites who I do not even know the gender of or know personally to get to me. For all I know, these posters could actually be Trinis trying to get ah laugh out of provoking people.

My point is this.  People should not let these "Jamaican" trolls (If that's indeed what they are) get under their skin. You may or may not belong to this category; if you do, then please heed this advice, which has helped me to put things in perspective. This is a cyber reality and you are most likely raising your blood pressure at a computer screen.

Just a little perspective that I learned over the course of being on this site and commenting on internet boards.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: August 10, 2011, 12:21:02 PM »
Kaliman 2006:
You say Jamaica's is the #1 Caribbean Champions because their major challenger T&T's football was in a big mess.  ??? But when Jamaica's football was in a mess ranking at #116 under Clueless Creston Boxhill and T&T was #88. T&T could not beat Jamaica in their two leg friendlies home and away. Jamaica has not been knocked out of the Digicel Cup two straight time by the same team.
As a matter of fact. T&T has not beaten Jamaica in seven matches since May 17, 2007. So if you truly believe that T&T's football mess is the main reason for Jamaica being the #1 Caribbean team then someone is lying about this information.  

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/headtohead/team1=jam/team2=tri/index.html  
jjbrown

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: August 10, 2011, 12:57:06 PM »
Meh... After Jamaica lost to USA.. they lost major stripes.. Dis and dat about mexico and honduras.. a team we does normally have a good chance of beating..

enjoy been number 1 in the caribbean for now and lets hope alyuh make the hex b.c we mite not..

The caribbean needs to be represented somehow and lets hope its not cuba lol

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2667 on: August 10, 2011, 08:04:01 PM »
China 1 vs Jamaica 0 - FT
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42:03 PM »

against a depleted Jamaican team, some players were also called in a the last minute.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: August 10, 2011, 08:48:03 PM »

against a depleted Jamaican team, some players were also called in a the last minute.

Decent performance & well done!

Now go away!

HAWK TWO

COME ON CHINA
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:49:41 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>