May 17, 2024, 06:55:47 PM

Author Topic: Inter in turmoil  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Inter in turmoil
« on: March 14, 2008, 09:55:31 AM »
Soap opera on the other side of Milan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/soccer/03/14/mancini.inter/index.html

According to reports in Italy, Inter boss Roberto Mancini only agreed to stay on at Inter after issuing an ultimatum to President Massimo Moratti that Luis Figo, Adriano and Alvaro Recoba are offloaded at the end of the season.

Mancini announced on Tuesday night that he would be quitting the club in May, however less than 24 hours later he reversed this decision after a meeting with Massimo Moratti.

During this meeting, the Gazzetta dello Sport revealed that Mancini only agreed to stay on if a number of his demands were met.

The first involves Luis Figo, who is widely believed to have refused to come on as a substitute in the match with Liverpool. Moratti was planning to offer the Portuguese veteran a new one-year deal, but Mancini has demanded that this be scrapped.

The coach has also reportedly asked for Adriano and Alvaro Recoba, both currently on loan at Sao Paulo and Torino respectively, and who also don't get on with Mancini, to be sold permanently.

Meanwhile, Mancini also told Moratti that he was unhappy that Patrick Vieira, yet another player he does not see eye-to-eye with, who was not fined after his angry reaction to being substituted against Sampdoria a couple of weeks ago.

The ex-Lazio tactician was also upset that Moratti did not show him enough support over his recent bust-up with club doctor Franco Combi. Mancini has repeatedly blasted Combi over the number of injuries to players this season, however Moratti has always attempted to act as a peacemaker.

Internal problems are currently engulfing Inter at the moment, with Mancini also said to have a tense relationship with director Marco Branca over the signing of Maniche in January. The boss has also fallen out with Hernan Crespo, while teammates Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marco Materazzi are also said to not be talking.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Inter in turmoil
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 10:56:58 AM »
Seem like everybody fallin out wit de coach.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:18:05 AM »
Viera should come back to Arsenal.

That would make them even more invincible.

fabragas flamina and Viera is trouble in midfield

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 11:37:18 AM »

That eh happening! Wenger knows when to get rid of players & Viera on a downward slide. New generation, no going back.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »
is ah 4king soap opera going on in Inter

Inter is and will always be my side in Italy but they could never get all their ducks in a row.

They look like they was going somewhere with Hector Cuper then that fall apart, then when Ronaldo came back from injury they thought his partnering with Vieri was going to be the best and that never materialized. Problems with players such as Cannavaro and Adrianno always seem to plague Inter as well as the never ending revolving door policy Inter seems to have. As fast as a player reaches he leaves for one or more reasons, usually a falling out with Moratti or the coach. From Seedorf and Pirlo to Cannavaro and Zanetti.

Més que un club.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:33:56 PM »
When you win you don't see the problems, but when you lose, it is there for all to see.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 10:35:31 PM »
We know dem Italian highly emotional it showin in dis saga
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 04:43:10 AM »
His comments on RELATIONS WITH PLAYERS - "A coach obviously brings some players with him that he's already worked with, because he's got faith in them and because he knows they could do a lot, not just because they're friends. Problems with Vieira, Figo, Adriano and their reactions to the substitutions? I was a player once, I know you don't always see things clearly when you're on the pitch. It happens, but not as regularly as this. Not because I'm offended, I've done it before as well, but they should be more careful. I told the players that I'd talked to the president, and that they'll have to put up with me for another four years. Is the team united? I've never heard of players going against each other or their coach".

Has his sights on Messi if he could get him - above any other player in the game today.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 07:50:07 AM »
If its one thing about Inter in recent times, team unity has never been a big factor in their team...

i was shocked the other day after the whole Zidane incident when Vieira said that even though Materazzi is his teammate, they don't speak and he doesn't like the character.. I think the team is a collection of stars and primadonnas coming together to play in a team.. Curious to see how that arrangement will work..

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 01:57:32 PM »

KND2 yuh really tink arsenal invincible.... :rotfl:...let dem win d league then we goe talk..but doe worry...dey collecting  ah solid cutass from Liverpool in d champions league...
Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>