May 08, 2024, 07:37:38 AM

Author Topic: T&T U-17 vs Jamaica U-17 Game (15-Feb-2011).  (Read 25747 times)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-17 vs Jamaica U-17 Game (15-Feb-2011).
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2011, 08:35:51 AM »
i see nothing special with T&T drawing with Jamaica. the fact is no matter what T&T team, they know they playing Jamaica and so will play there hearts out not to get humiliated. is the same thing when your national team came to the office they were playing there ass off to at-least get a draw. Jamaica team ran all over trinidad today, but defensively was not discipline. Jamaica out shoot  trinidad by far. its just in the mentality of the players to try not to lose to Jamaica by defending and play counter attack. i did not see anything special in does trini players, but defending. Jamaica got caught in the second half, cause they were pushing to extend the lead. what i saw was one team trying to win and one trying to survive. most games that trini win or draw against Jamaica is either defend and counter or defend and score close to the end. these players will still get spank in the future. they can run but they cant hide. :devil:

That lack of football intellect probably explains J'ca poor record at home.
Also why TT qualified for the last U 17 and U 20 WCs.

If this is the result you get at home after training in Brazil one can only imagine how much worse it would have been had you not.

HOpe you guys dont get embarassed like the last time you hosted.  :devil:
It also shows what would have happened if the US and Costa Rica had T&T in their group. Ask Honduras who played the US. ;D
jjbrown

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »
For those fools who talking shit when I say jamaica was caught at the back because they were presssing.      http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Point-for-Boyz-Hosts-held-2-2-by-T-T-in-opening-match_8377786
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:14:43 AM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nervous start for Jamaica
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2011, 09:14:33 AM »
Nervous start for Jamaica
By Adrian Frater (Jamaica Gleaner)

Jamaica surrendered a first half 1-0 lead and were then forced to play catch-up to secure a 2-2 draw against Caribbean neighbours Trinidad & Tobago, in the first-round Group C CONCACAF Under-17 Championship fixture at the Montego Bay Sports Complex in Catherine Hall yesterday.

The Wendell Downswell-coached Jamaica took the lead when Jason Wright converted from the penalty spot.

However, T&T took charge in the second half and actually went 2-1 up via a double strike by Shackiel Henry.

But Andre Lewis saved faced for Jamaica with a well-taken equaliser.

"We played well in patches as being the first game, the players were a little bit nervous," said coach Downswell. "We will definitely be looking to give an improved performance in our next game with a view to taking all three points."

JA took lead

Jamaica had the better of the early exchanges, but they had problems piercing the T&T defence. For their part, T&T's attacks were limited to mostly long-range efforts, which posed very little problems for the Jamaica custodian.

With time running out in the first half, Jamaica took the lead in the 43rd minute when T&T defender Neil Benjamin handled the ball and the referee ruled penalty.

Wright made no mistake from the spot, making the half-time score 1-0.

T&T started the second half looking quite purposeful and drew level courtesy of some help by Jamaica's goalkeeper, Odean Clarke. A tame long-range effort by Nicholas Marcano was spilled by the goalkeeper and Henry fired home the ball that fell loose, making the score 1-1.

With the Trinidadians seemingly energised, they gradually began to take control, forcing back Jamaica for long periods.

Not surprisingly, they took the lead in the 64th minute when the wily Henry fired home a powerful grounder from the edge of the penalty area, making the score 2-1.

Jamaica increased the tempo of their play following T&T's goal and thankfully, found the equaliser in the 78th minute.

Lewis controlled a ball elegantly on his chest, turned sweetly and fired past the diving goalkeeper, making the final score 2-2.

There are four groups of three teams participating in the 12-nation championship. The top two in each group will advance to the quarter-finals, with Group B winners and runners-up battling those from Group A, and those from Groups C and D doing the same.

The winning quartet in the quarter-finals will move on to the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Mexico later this year.

Trinidad & Tobago's goalkeeper, Quesi Weston (partially hidden), goes high
to claim the ball against Jamaica in their CONCACAF Under-17 fixture at the
Montego Bay Sports Complex in Catherine Hall yesterday.
The game ended in a 2-2 draw. - photo by Adrian Frater

Point for Boyz - Hosts held 2-2 by T&T in opening match
By Howard Walker (Jamaica Observer)

Jamaica's dream of qualifying for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup suffered a minor glitch after battling to a 2-2 draw with arch-rivals Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) yesterday at the Montego Bay Sports Complex.
Jamaica took the lead, but had to pull out all the stops for a share of the points in a game they dominated from the word go.

Jason Wright converted a controversial penalty in the 41st minute to give the hosts the lead, but T&T struck back with two goals in seven minutes from Shackeil Henry in the 57th and 64th minutes.

Then it took a brilliant goal from Andre Lewis in the 78th minute for the Jamaicans to rally for a crucial point in the three-team Group C which also involves Guatemala.

Head coach Wendell Downswell said a bit of complacency was the reason his team faltered in the second half.

Said Downswell: "Maybe complacency crept in. We gave up two soft goals... if we didn't make a mistake we would have won the match.

"From the result standpoint we are disappointed and we must win the next game," he added.

For T&T's coach Shawn Cooper, it wasn't a bad result as they are still in the hunt.

"It's a good result for us. We're still undefeated on Jamaican soil. But it's a good point for us. We lost two points but we are still in this," he said.

"Why can't the two Caribbean teams go through?" he asked.

When asked if he was disappointed with conceding a late equaliser, Copper said: "Class is class. It was a brilliant, well-executed goal. When you have a 17-year-old controlling the ball on his chest and volleying home..."

Playing in front of a large home crowd, the young Reggae Boyz dominated early, putting T&T on the backfoot, but despite their dominance, the breakthrough was taking longer than normal as T&T offered very little offensively.

On one of his many surges down the left flank, Kemo Wallace's attempted cross was ruled by Mexican referee Ricardo Arellano to have been handled by Neil Benjamin in the box.

But with the naked eye, the infringement seemed to have taken place outside the penalty box.

Wolmerian Wright confidently dispatched the penalty with aplomb, sending the venue into ecstasy as the World Cup dream looked alive.

The half ended one nil in favour of the home team, but the young Soca Warriors were very much still in the hunt and they came out firing at the start of the second period and had Jamaica on the backfoot.

The red and black-clad boys pulled level after Jamaican goalkeeper Odean Clarke spilled an easy free-kick which rebounded off Shackeil Henry and rolled into the goal.

A collective groan of disappointment ushered over the ground as the home fans couldn't believed what they had just saw.

But they responded well, testing the T&T goalkeeper with consecutive corners, one which had goal written over it only to see Quesi Weston parrying for another corner.

But with Jamaica pressing for the winner, they were left exposed at the back and a simple reverse pass dismantled the Jamaican backline and Henry pounced, firing home his second in the 64th minute giving T&T a 2-1 lead.

But Jamaica got a lifeline when St George's Manning Cupper Lewis controlled a cross on his chest and volleyed past the diving Weston in goal to pull Jamaica level in the 78th minute.

The home boys gained the upperhand and pressed for the winner with substitute Cardell Benbow and Romario Williams sparking a renewed effort.

In the end, time ran out and Jamaica disappointedly had to share the points with their Caribbean counterpart.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2011, 09:25:09 AM »
The way I see the result. Jamaica would have won the match yesterday if they had not scored the penalty gone into the first half 0-0.
The second half would have seen Jamaica's Young Boyz pressing T&T until they scored the go ahead goal which would see T&T panicked by pressing Jamaica and trying to score the equaliser which would allow Jamaica to score a second and win the game.

That's what the stats tell me anyway. ;D
jjbrown

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2011, 09:27:11 AM »
The way I see the result. Jamaica would have won the match yesterday if they had not scored the penalty gone into the first half 0-0.
The second half would have seen Jamaica's Young Boyz pressing T&T until they scored the go ahead goal which would see T&T panicked by pressing Jamaica and trying to score the equaliser which would allow Jamaica to score a second and win the game.

Dread, you could do better as a Jamaican, right now you are not representing the yellow, green, and black
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »

Dread, you could do better as a Jamaican, right now you are not representing the yellow, green, and black
So are you saying this as a Jamaican or Trini. How would you see the outcome if the penalty had not been scored in the first half?
jjbrown

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »

So are you saying this as a Jamaican or Trini. How would you see the outcome if the penalty had not been scored in the first half?

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »
For those fools who talking shit when I say jamaica was caught at the back because they were presssing.      http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Point-for-Boyz-Hosts-held-2-2-by-T-T-in-opening-match_8377786

What difference does it make right now. We both stand a good chance of advancing . So for once stop being so small minded and let's support both teams.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2011, 10:20:49 AM »

Well let's count the goals. Jam 2 = T&T 2  minus Jam penalty = Jam 1 T&T 2.
Yes seems to me that if Jam did not score they would have won  ::)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2011, 10:37:20 AM »

Excuses, excuses, excuses.
Really!! Excuses would be made if Jamaica was out of the Qualifiers. Last time I checked which was a minute ago. So unless you see something that I don't. Let me know.
jjbrown

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »

At the end of the day the only stat that matters is the score line....Jam 2 : T&T 2.....don't waste time with speculating and wondering what could have been....Well played both teams  :beermug:

PS: The stadium looks decent, any idea what the capacity is?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2011, 10:41:15 AM »

the game should be on tVJ can you tape it and upload it? .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »

At the end of the day the only stat that matters is the score line....Jam 2 : T&T 2.....don't waste time with speculating and wondering what could have been....Well played both teams  :beermug:

PS: The stadium looks decent, any idea what the capacity is?
Capacity is 8000 for now. But land space is there for 20,000 seats or more.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »

the game should be on tVJ can you tape it and upload it? .....
They asked the same question yesterday. Look back for my reply.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:16:15 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2011, 11:56:53 AM »

Full fledged red, white and black, but I am a regionalist and your comments come off as tit for tat, well, certiainly on this occasion, how could you possibly predict the outcome of this or any other fairly evenly matched game i one incident did not occur?  Maybe you have that skill and you can recommend which stock I can buy later today for cash in by mid-year
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2011, 11:57:57 AM »
The article in the Gleanor seemed more fair and balanced than de crap jahkingdom was spewing. One-sided my ass!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2011, 12:01:56 PM »

Full fledged red, white and black, but I am a regionalist and your comments come off as tit for tat, well, certiainly on this occasion, how could you possibly predict the outcome of this or any other fairly evenly matched game i one incident did not occur?  Maybe you have that skill and you can recommend which stock I can buy later today for cash in by mid-year

Doh bother wid 2099, he was sounding like a human earlier yuh know but he pardner jahkingdom come and rev him up. Come back 2099. Come Back!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2011, 12:04:17 PM »
i see nothing special with T&T drawing with Jamaica. the fact is no matter what T&T team, they know they playing Jamaica and so will play there hearts out not to get humiliated. is the same thing when your national team came to the office they were playing there ass off to at-least get a draw. Jamaica team ran all over trinidad today, but defensively was not discipline. Jamaica out shoot  trinidad by far. its just in the mentality of the players to try not to lose to Jamaica by defending and play counter attack. i did not see anything special in does trini players, but defending. Jamaica got caught in the second half, cause they were pushing to extend the lead. what i saw was one team trying to win and one trying to survive. most games that trini win or draw against Jamaica is either defend and counter or defend and score close to the end. these players will still get spank in the future. they can run but they cant hide. :devil:

If this is the result you get at home after training in Brazil one can only imagine how much worse it would have been had you not.

It also shows what would have happened if the US and Costa Rica had T&T in their group. Ask Honduras who played the US. ;D

Or US and CR with J'ca instead of TT....hmmmm  ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »

Sorry!! Business is not my strong suit. Football is my religion ;D
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2011, 12:23:21 PM »

Did you know that it was the Jamaican second 11 that we used against Costa Rica to find the additional players for the 22-man squad. As for the US did you know that Jamaica had a clear penalty call that was not given in the 2-1 loss. ;D

Makes me wonder how T&T's second 11 would have performed against Costa Rica. :thinking:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:25:38 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »

Did you know that it was the Jamaican second 11 that we used against Costa Rica to find the additional players for the 22-man squad. As for the US did you know that Jamaica had a clear penalty call that was not given in the 2-1 loss. ;D

Makes me wonder how T&T's second 11 would have performed against Costa Rica. :thinking:

and with your best 11 you still could not beat with the  two British players one from west bromwich Albion and one from Milton keyes  the two Canadian  players 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2011, 12:43:16 PM »

and with your best 11 you still could not beat with the  two British players one from west bromwich Albion and one from Milton keyes  the two Canadian  players 
That's the reason for goalkeepers. T&T's did a good job of stopping how many from hitting the back of the net. ;D
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2011, 12:48:52 PM »

That's the reason for goalkeepers. T&T's did a good job of stopping how many from hitting the back of the net. ;D

does not matter with all the training you all still could not win

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2011, 01:15:17 PM »
jahkingdom,so you tink dat because allyuh was on de attack we must'n score,that was exactly we plan, dat is why we went out with a defensive formation,yuh nah see dat,BWAAAAYYYY unno to dyam chupid. :o

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2011, 01:19:26 PM »

The Senior Warriors should take a page from the Young Warriors on how to play Jamaica's Reggae Boyz. ;) :devil:
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2011, 01:36:14 PM »

The Senior Warriors should take a page from the Young Warriors on how to play Jamaica's Reggae Boyz. ;) :devil:

changing topic eh

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2011, 01:56:04 PM »

changing topic eh

Sometimes you have to let 2099 take win yes. Arguing with this character becomes a war of attrition and a monumental waste of time.

What is that saying that the late Eric Williams said about donkeys and braying?....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »
 :D didnt someone predict a 4-1 win for the Young Boyz before the game ?..

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2011, 10:29:52 PM »
:D didnt someone predict a 4-1 win for the Young Boyz before the game ?..
I predict a 3-1 win for Guatemala. ;D
jjbrown

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2011, 04:21:55 AM »

Stats tell me Jamaica CAN'T win at home.

Thank God for your British folks or the cut arse might be even worse.  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>