May 03, 2024, 05:14:59 PM

Author Topic: Women senior team.  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Women senior team.
« on: January 29, 2009, 10:41:52 AM »
Do you think it would be wise to enter the women team into the Super League.

And then under 17 in the reserve pro league seeing that we are hosting the under 17 world cup.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Women senior team.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:36 AM »
could be a good move ..... was it the Brasilian women's team that had practice matches against various mens' teams before the world cup?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 11:48:51 AM »
This will work for practice matches only. Our girls will get hurt, remember the mind-set for official matches is different from practice matches. If their male counterparts approach their game like they should (intensity of tackles etc) we girls goh suffer - have you seen the size of our women team players. Malmo recently declined to sign we best player because of size and strength. What de TTFF should do is have our senior team based in the USA and playing in the WPSL or W-League during the summer.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
Our girls need a strength and conditioning coach from the US. Put a team in Residency in UTT. Let the girls attend HS nearby and is training in they waist everyday. They don't need to play HS ball, let the other up coming players fight up with that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »
they have to be stronger and faster,like six million dollar man.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 12:02:09 PM »
With respect to everyones views here,i would like to say this will not be a good move for Football sake,in the first place i don't think any league or organization will allow it plus it have a lot of disadvantages to both male and female players.

In the US they have something called Co-ed in which boys and girls can play on the same team,i only encountered this when i came here,up to today i don't like it but some people feel when girl play with boys it improves their game (may be) but my concern is what happens to the boys game.I'm running an Indoor league right now with boys and girls teams playing against each other and these girls are falling like flies and Coaches telling them to suck it up,it have teams in the Co-ed league here just to be Co-ed they just have one or two girls on the team and they mostly does be on the bench when they want to win.

I don't think a lot of us understand female players and tend to see them as they see men,but there is a big difference,it's the reason our local Coaches are taking so long to come to terms with coaching them,some people don't even like watching women Football for that same reason,they want to see what they see in the men game,the same type of game etc etc may be it's just me but i find women Football to be very entertaining because i take it for what it is,i welcome that new Coach because he brings a different dimension to our game.

I don't think playing in any men's league will help our women.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 05:50:58 PM by Coop's »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 12:54:48 PM »
With respect to everyones views here,i would like to say this will not be a good move for Football sake,in the first place i don't think any league or organization will allow it plus it have a lot of disadvantages to both male and female players.

In the US they have something called Co-ed in which boys and girls can play on the same team,i only encountered this when i came here,up to today i don't like it but some people feel when girl play with boys it improves their game (may be) but my concern is what happens to the boys game.I'm running an Indoor league right now with boys and girls teams playing against each other and these girls are falling like flies and Coaches telling them to suck it up,it have teams in the Co-ed league here just to be Co-ed they just have one or two girls on the team and they mostly does be on the bench when they want to win.

I don't think a lot of us understand female players and tend to see them as they see men,but there is a big difference,it's the reason our local Coaches are taking so long to come to terms with coaching them,some people don't even like watching women Football for that same reason,they want to see what they see in the men game,the same type of game etc etc may be it's just me but i find women Football to be very entertaining because i take it for what it is,i welcome that new Coach because he brings a different dimension to our game.

I don't think playing in any men's league will hep our women.  

I understand what you saying Coop's, but my daughter plays with a girls indoor team and a coed team indoors. Just this weekend she pushed her coed team to the semifianls at a tournament against u-14 boys scoring about 7 and tearing the boys on the other team up. Did I mention she is only 11. The coaches had to ask his boys if he will let a girl beat them and score against them like that. So it could be a positive if the girls are ready for it. My daughter even practice with my u-18 boys and they have to respect her cause they know if they rush in they will get beat.

Playing with boys makes girls better, as their (the girls) technique have to be spot on because boys give no room for error. The girls have to play quickly and learn how to deal with the athleticism of boys coming at them. Also, boys will not pass you the ball if they know you will loose the ball, so girls work really hard to get better quickly. When you look at girls playing you can tell who played with boys. Their technique is cleaner and crisper than the other girls.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »
I saw the USA Womens team that won the 1996 Olympics get spanked by an U16 Boys team in Florida. Lets not get carried away.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »

I don't think playing in any men's league will hep our women.  

I understand what you saying Coop's, but my daughter plays with a girls indoor team and a coed team indoors. Just this weekend she pushed her coed team to the semifianls at a tournament against u-14 boys scoring about 7 and tearing the boys on the other team up. Did I mention she is only 11. The coaches had to ask his boys if he will let a girl beat them and score against them like that. So it could be a positive if the girls are ready for it. My daughter even practice with my u-18 boys and they have to respect her cause they know if they rush in they will get beat.

Playing with boys makes girls better, as their (the girls) technique have to be spot on because boys give no room for error. The girls have to play quickly and learn how to deal with the athleticism of boys coming at them. Also, boys will not pass you the ball if they know you will loose the ball, so girls work really hard to get better quickly. When you look at girls playing you can tell who played with boys. Their technique is cleaner and crisper than the other girls.
      Elan i hear you and agree to an extent with what you are saying but what we talking about here is a different level,we talking about Pro league,Super league,International etc etc
       Yes your daughter may have done that and i commend her for that but how many female players capable of doing that,you have spoken about the pros of playing against boys,as a director here i can refer to you some of the many complaints i've gotten from girls and parents of abuses experienced on the playing field from boys,i try very much not to have mixed teams or leagues where boys play girls,a scrimmage is fine but not a league.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:00:09 PM by Coop's »

1]; } ?>