May 22, 2024, 04:34:31 AM

Author Topic: Jomal Williams adapting to leadership role in U-20 team.  (Read 695 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jomal Williams adapting to leadership role in U-20 team.
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:38:33 AM »
Jomal Williams adapting to leadership role in U-20 team.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

W Connection Jomal Williams says he feels more mature and confident as a member of the National Under-20 team and has his mind set on being an exemplar to his teammates for the remainder of their Under-20 World Cup qualifying campaign.

Williams, who was a member of the previous Olympic team, scored two vital goals in T&T’s victories over Guyana and St Vincent/Grenadines in Round 1 of the Under-20 campaign last month. He is viewed as one of the senior players on the squad due to his involvement with the T&T Under-23s where he saw action in T&T’s final qualifier against Honduras in Los Angeles.

“I feel like a senior player on the Under-20 team but it’s more than that. I see myself as a player who can help the younger ones and lead by example. I want to pass on my experience and talk to them in whatever situations necessary,” Williams said.

“The experience with the Olympic team helped me a lot. I am a bit more composed now and when I think that things are getting out of hand I am learning how to bring myself back down to earth and how to work in the best interest of the team. I hope I can continue to do this to help our chances because we all want to qualify for the Under-20 World Cup.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jomal Williams adapting to leadership role in U-20 team.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
CFU Men’s U‐20
Kingston, Jamaica
Match Schedule
Group A - Waterhouse
Curacao, Haiti, Puerto Rico, Trinidad & Tobago

Group B – Stadium East
Antigua & Barbuda, Cuba, Jamaica, Suriname

Group Venue Time
Monday, November 5
A Waterhouse
3:00pm Trinidad & Tobago vs. Puerto Rico
5:00pm Haiti vs. Curacao

Tuesday, November 6
B Stadium East
5:00pm Cuba vs. Suriname
7:00pm Jamaica vs. Antigua & Barbuda

Wednesday, November 7
A Waterhouse
3:00pm Puerto Rico vs. Curacao
5:00pm Haiti vs. Trinidad & Tobago

Thursday, November 8
B Stadium East

5:00pm Antigua & Barbuda vs. Cuba
7:00pm Jamaica vs. Suriname

Friday, November 9
A Waterhouse

3:00pm Curacao vs. Trinidad & Tobago
5:00pm Puerto Rico vs. Haiti

Saturday, November 10
B Stadium East

5:00pm Suriname vs. Antigua & Barbuda
7:00pm Jamaica vs. Cuba
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>