May 14, 2024, 04:58:53 PM

Author Topic: Caribbean Twenty20 2011  (Read 36202 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caribbean Twenty20 2011
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2011, 11:07:50 PM »
T&T needs to start winning at 4 day games now.

CO-SIGNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2011, 11:28:04 PM »
Sorry I had to move this tread TI ,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Quote from: Quags on Yesterday at 04:07:53 PM
Barath in terrible form ,months now .He dropping the ball if you ask me .He cant milk tha ton in Oz for another year .

nice try but barath is the next great opener.

the man lay the foundation for the win in the 20/20 final today.

mAYBE HE READ MY POST ,CAUSE IT WAS NOT A LIE .WE HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE KIDDIE GLOVES WITH HIM .

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:24 AM »

T&T does not have a team to do that. only trinidad and Guyana kill them self over T20 cricket. most people in Jamaica are not interested, win or not. 4 day cricket is real cricket. and even tho Jamaica win the last three consecutive title, the sport now fall to fourth behind football, track and netball. T20 suck, look how short that garbage is,can any one take that serious.stueps.
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2011, 12:44:23 AM »

T&T does not have a team to do that. only trinidad and Guyana kill them self over T20 cricket. most people in Jamaica are not interested, win or not. 4 day cricket is real cricket. and even tho Jamaica win the last three consecutive title, the sport now fall to fourth behind football, track and netball. T20 suck, look how short that garbage is,can any one take that serious.stueps.
Besides it having a curry goat cricket cup in Jamaica the weekend of the Airtel Championships ,the players couldn miss out on that .
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:46:36 AM by Quags »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2011, 06:01:16 AM »
Barath is presently the best young opening batsman in the Caribbean,he is a fearless young man and has a long way to go,anyone who wants to diss him can do so coz thats life.I would like to question those who think he is not the real deal,is there a better opener in the Caribbean,if there is one I dont know who he is.Those who also question our ability in the 4 day game just have to go back over the last 5 or 6 years and you would notice we haven't done too badly,remember also over the last 3 years rain made a mockery of our chances ,we have also had to play without some of our best players,remember Barbados and their cheating at Guracarra,think again before yall diss the boys.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2011, 06:34:30 AM »

A-hole that is why I said we need to start winning at four day.So we can be a more complete team. And also t-20 is where the money is. Maybe nobody in Jamaica interested but every where else around the world interest is high. Did espn and euro sport care that Jamaica won at 4 day? I hope you doh cry when T&T run out on the field in the CL. But then again yuh could always say that yard is champ of 4 days and see how much the rest of the world cares.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2011, 08:18:07 AM »

A-hole that is why I said we need to start winning at four day.So we can be a more complete team. And also t-20 is where the money is. Maybe nobody in Jamaica interested but every where else around the world interest is high. Did espn and euro sport care that Jamaica won at 4 day? I hope you doh cry when T&T run out on the field in the CL. But then again yuh could always say that yard is champ of 4 days and see how much the rest of the world cares.

what you call world? India?, even tho they have a bash in Australia, people there is saying the same thing. money is what about to destroy cricket. less people watch cricket today. i don't care if 4 days is not shown internationally. that's why their is a west indies team. T20 cannot develop players for the future, there is a lot of players who wouldn't even get a chance to play. 4 days is what Barbados and Jamaica put their resource in. quiky cricket is good for money, but not for development.

as far as i am concerned cricket is a dying game in england and in the carribean. it is mostly popular only in india,pakistan, bangladesh, sri lanka, australia, newzealand, even in south africa it is loosing it’s popularity. cricket when originated in lords in england was basically played by the rich and the government officials who had lot of time for leisure during summer seasons. they would not play this game during winter as winters were very cold. Since, it was played by the rich and the so called lords it failed to have impact on the masses thus its popularity is not a big one in almost all the countries around the world barring some few. it is also a time consuming game with not much of physical activity thus common man with no time for long leisure coul not play this game making it very unpopular. in india it has recieved media hype because media was controlled by the rich and mostly rich would play it thus it became popular in india. if you ask any common indian who are slightly aged from rural areas they would not have played cricket at all when they were young. infact it is hockey that is more popular than cricket around the globe but since it has not recieved much of media attention in india it is a dying game in india itself just like cricket a dying game in england.

icc tried to popularise it by spending huge amounts of money but failed.It seems that cricket will be confined to very few countries.Eventually it may die out in 30-40 years.

do you think espn going to turn down that large amount of money the ICC is giving them to broadcast the game? hell no.

money will destroy the game, just look at the IPL only a few get pick to play, and the season is short.

the interest is just not in it in Jamaica to create players to swing bat for 6 or 7 overs and then say you are great. if that's the case, is better they develop  http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2010-03-07/jamaica-build-baseball-field-help-from-mlb
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:26:50 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
i could guarantee if jamaica won last night and were on their way to the CL, that jahkingdom wud be singing a different tune
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2011, 09:47:11 AM »
i could guarantee if jamaica won last night and were on their way to the CL, that jahkingdom wud be singing a different tune

for what reason?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
Delete .
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 07:06:51 PM by Quags »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2011, 10:53:49 AM »
Yeah, was worried for Simmo too, too often he plays a rash shot to give his wicket away (like last night and like so many other WI batsmen), hope he continues to come back strong
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »
how come they dont play a 5day game to be more realistic?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:07 PM »
TT cricketers over the years have suffered at the hands of West Indian selectors,who for reasons known only to them see TT cricketers as not good enough.You just have to go back over the years to see how some of our best were treated and it doesn't stop there, coz many West Indian perception of TT sportsmen is that we are crap at cricket,I have heard them time and again,the selectors are no different.
I can bet that if Simmo was from another island or even Guyana he would have had a long run,I hope he goes on to prove them all wrong and become a West Indian player of worth and class,he can do it without doubt.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2011, 02:34:55 PM »
TT cricketers over the years have suffered at the hands of West Indian selectors,who for reasons known only to them see TT cricketers as not good enough.You just have to go back over the years to see how some of our best were treated and it doesn't stop there, coz many West Indian perception of TT sportsmen is that we are crap at cricket,I have heard them time and again,the selectors are no different.
I can bet that if Simmo was from another island or even Guyana he would have had a long run,I hope he goes on to prove them all wrong and become a West Indian player of worth and class,he can do it without doubt.

good talk breds :beermug:

i tired tell these members that tt players are head and shoulders above the rest and support them, if trinis start criticizing their own like what quags doing, the selectors and others will find an excuse to drop the players.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2011, 02:36:32 PM »
Barath is presently the best young opening batsman in the Caribbean,he is a fearless young man and has a long way to go,anyone who wants to diss him can do so coz thats life.I would like to question those who think he is not the real deal,is there a better opener in the Caribbean,if there is one I dont know who he is.Those who also question our ability in the 4 day game just have to go back over the last 5 or 6 years and you would notice we haven't done too badly,remember also over the last 3 years rain made a mockery of our chances ,we have also had to play without some of our best players,remember Barbados and their cheating at Guracarra,think again before yall diss the boys.
I love the kid ,and he would be a super star ,I think his production was kinda of after that ton .If he really is a hybrid of Tendulka and Lara ,I want to see a few more 50s from him .He had a great knock last night ,it was suburb how the three youngsters dissected the vaunted jamaican attack .Am really was more worried about Lendl ,I was sure he was finished ! Barath so far has the WICB fully behind him ,but with thse guys you could be stabbed in the back at any moment .He should not leave his destiny in there hands by posting bad scores .I would love him to be as consistent as Amla .
But really happy Simmons has put his work in ,he also has continue working hard ,cause he is not as naturally  blessed as Bravo and Barath .He has to get out of the twenties more often ,when playing for the WI .
Now  everybody slowly reach around your backs and  unbunch your panties  ;D

hear nah, barath is not even 21 yet, what does that say to you? bravo could not convert his half centuries in sri lanka, barath was robbed with the run out in australia, which he was set to make another century

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2011, 04:05:43 PM »
To all those to who don't like 20/20. It here to stay. That is where the money is. I have no problem with test, 4, 50 Over. Yes we should be able to play all forms. Well bless Ja and B'dos for being the best at that. It augurs well for WI cricket. If TT can be the best at 20/20(short attention span), it augurs well for WI cricket also. So after all, I see a bright future for WI cricket.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2011, 04:26:40 PM »
To all those to who don't like 20/20. It here to stay. That is where the money is. I have no problem with test, 4, 50 Over. Yes we should be able to play all forms. Well bless Ja and B'dos for being the best at that. It augurs well for WI cricket. If TT can be the best at 20/20(short attention span), it augurs well for WI cricket also. So after all, I see a bright future for WI cricket.

Amen, a mature outlook, bloody crab in de hole mentality nah geh we nowhere, so de rest ah all yuh keep at it., 7 million people, < $100B in GDP and all yuh bumpin gums
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

truetrini

« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2011, 05:07:37 PM »
dem slow bowlers dese days, like dey cyar turn de ball or wha?  One setta staright ball

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2011, 06:04:05 PM »
oh bharath
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2011, 06:04:20 PM »
Steups! Barath out. T&T 2 for 1 after 5 balls
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2011, 06:09:03 PM »
Them white boys eint making jokes iyah .

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2011, 06:10:30 PM »
Come on T&T.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »
What ah shot Bravo !!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »
Wow what a batting display,.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2011, 06:33:35 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2011, 06:40:40 PM »
Bravo gone fuh 41. T&T 79 for 2 after 9.3 overs

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
Delete

,lets keep that under our cap ,for now  ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:45:56 PM by Quags »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2011, 06:49:54 PM »
They into our tail now.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
Simmons gone fuh 31. 84 for 3 after 11.5 overs

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2011, 06:50:24 PM »
Simmons need to learn to calm down .

1]; } ?>