May 15, 2024, 08:49:45 PM

Author Topic: Should Jack Warner get the Trinity Cross?  (Read 27799 times)

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
Re: Should Jack Warner get the Trinity Cross?
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2005, 09:42:15 PM »
so here's the scenario:

TT just achieved its greatest sporting feat ... ever.

It surpasses every other achievement ever made by a Trinidadian in sport.
It surpasses the achievements of two past winners: Lara and Crawford.

Yet, no-one deserves an award on par with two other winners, whose achievements pale in comparison to qualifying for the WC.

Where's the levelheadedness in that?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 09:45:04 PM by Rotato Poti »

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2005, 09:48:35 PM »
Ma boy, can u honestly tell me that the achievements of an administrator, no matter how much money he put in could be on bar with the Hasely Crawford actually running a 100m relay and winning gold for trinidad and tobago, or Sir Ellis Clarke writing the constitution for our twin republic to give us our democracy, or Brian Charles Lara shattering the world individual test record in the manner he did, Naipaul's literary works putting us on the map. These are all some serious individual achievements relating to the discplines that they were pursuing...Jack Warner, administrator...hmmm

While he has done loads for TnT Football, no one is doubting that.....but the Trinity Cross, .Jack Warner, administrator...hmmm....tink about that without getting passionate and emotional and taking it out of context. 
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

truetrini

« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2005, 09:51:42 PM »
Ma boy, can u honestly tell me that the achievements of an administrator, no matter how much money he put in could be on bar with the Hasely Crawford actually running a 100m relay and winning gold for trinidad and tobago, or Sir Ellis Clarke writing the constitution for our twin republic to give us our democracy, or Brian Charles Lara shattering the world individual test record in the manner he did, Naipaul's literary works putting us on the map. These are all some serious individual achievements relating to the discplines that they were pursuing...Jack Warner, administrator...hmmm

While he has done loads for TnT Football, no one is doubting that.....but the Trinity Cross, .Jack Warner, administrator...hmmm....tink about that without getting passionate and emotional and taking it out of context. 

Thank you.

Jack is political as is Rotato Poti!

The fact is FIFA is mafia and the FIFA administrators are dons!

Give Jack some award..but cetainly NOT the Trinity Cross.

truetrini

« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2005, 09:54:42 PM »
young fella, yuh went to some impressive schools eh...use that knowledge to continue the path you said you aspire to follow.

Inquire.  Investigate and question.

Please!

you will see that I really do believe that education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.

Learn and keep learning.

Dont dispel the knowledge of others as useless.

Besides you may never know who yuh talking to online....ent?

At the beginning of the night, you said that the team made it to Germany in spite of Jack Warner.

You are yet to say how Jack Warner sabotaged the Journey to Germany.

Maybe you are that old grumpy old man you claimed you were.

Listen fella  yuh now start yuh journey.

Do you ever stop to see what Jack has said and done throughout this journey?

Do you know anything about football admin in T&T?

Do you think you are the only one with ah university degree posting here?

I done pass you in dat regard long time fella..I am humble and I will tell yuh dis..YUH EH READY YET!

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2005, 09:56:46 PM »
Fair enough.
Now take that context and apply it to the criteria set forth for bestowing the Trinity Cross.

It is awarded for "distinguished and outstanding service to Trinidad and Tobago. It is awarded for gallantry in the face of the enemy, or for gallant conduct."

First of all, Naipaul doesn't associate himself with TT.
Ellis Clarke's is political/ law.
Now onto Lara and Crawford: they excelled in individual sports.
Football, being a team sport alludes to the notion that you must have a great leader to be successful.

The West Indies cricket team under Clive Llyod was not led by the best cricketer ... but he was the best leader/ motivator on the field - and got his team to win two World Cups.

We haven't won the FIFA World Cup (yet) ... but here we have someone who has given distinguished and outstanding service to Trinidad and Tobago ... and has gone OUTSIDE of his roll as an ADMINISTRATOR to ensure the qualification of TT to the World Cup.

Which other administrator you know will do that for Trinidad and Tobago?

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2005, 10:01:34 PM »
Listen fella  yuh now start yuh journey.

Do you ever stop to see what Jack has said and done throughout this journey?

Do you know anything about football admin in T&T?

Do you think you are the only one with ah university degree posting here?

I done pass you in dat regard long time fella..I am humble and I will tell yuh dis..YUH EH READY YET!

Well you know it -so  post it.
Don't hold back.

If you are a "true trini" as your name implies ... you will post truths and facts (not a literary hogwash of allegations and supposed incidents) that support your knowledge that Jack belongs to the FIFA mafia and has done more harm that good for TT football.

Leave it for the prima donnas to make allegations that have no basis.
You sound like you have the facts that can stand up in a court of law and convict a man even before he is charged.

Let's hear it.

truetrini

« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2005, 10:02:30 PM »
Son, Jack does NOT deserve the Trinity Cross!

Plain and simple, he does not meet the criteria.

That is not to say that those so-called politicans in T&T will not award him the Cross based on political expedience!

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2005, 10:03:47 PM »
Fair enough.
Now take that context and apply it to the criteria set forth for bestowing the Trinity Cross.

It is awarded for "distinguished and outstanding service to Trinidad and Tobago. It is awarded for gallantry in the face of the enemy, or for gallant conduct."

First of all, Naipaul doesn't associate himself with TT.
Ellis Clarke's is political/ law.
Now onto Lara and Crawford: they excelled in individual sports.
Football, being a team sport alludes to the notion that you must have a great leader to be successful.

The West Indies cricket team under Clive Llyod was not led by the best cricketer ... but he was the best leader/ motivator on the field - and got his team to win two World Cups.

We haven't won the FIFA World Cup (yet) ... but here we have someone who has given distinguished and outstanding service to Trinidad and Tobago ... and has gone OUTSIDE of his roll as an ADMINISTRATOR to ensure the qualification of TT to the World Cup.

Which other administrator you know will do that for Trinidad and Tobago?

That criteria is not good enough for you?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2005, 10:04:08 PM »
it takes a big man to learn to step away from an argument when he realizes that the argument is no longer a search for truth and that the opposition is closed to new ideas
Jus thought i wud put that out there since this argument seems to have reached this point
Back in Trini...

truetrini

« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2005, 10:05:28 PM »
do you have facts that Abu Bakr is behind any of the crime in T&T?

Nope!

but yuh know he behind a lot don't you?

Why do they use circumstantial evidence in criminal cases?

Man Puhleeze!

yuh quick to proclaim that yuh cyar vote in T&T elections...why is dat?

I bet dat is ah smoke screen fuh yuh to promote yuh party ah choice without finger pointing.

Dat eh go wuk on man like me.....!

Anyway, breds leh we end dis nah and jes agree to disagree.

you is ah Jack supporter and I am a detractor if you wish!

truetrini

« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2005, 10:07:56 PM »
Rotato....define NEPOTISM!

Jack does CONCACAF a disservice and taints any meaningful victory T&T enjoys because he is in charge of CONCACAF and yet bakrolls T&T and openly supports T&T!

N-E-P-O-T-I-S-M!

But den again yuh is ah big college man and de res ah we..is peons

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2005, 10:11:26 PM »
I agreed to disagree a long time ago.
That's why I stuck to civil discussion and didn't get in the mud slinging and personal bashing.

Why do we need something such as circumstantial evidence, when we have tangible evidence?
The receipts are there to show that Jack Warner has gone above and beyond the call of duty to serve his country.
My gripe is that he is not getting the recognition that he truly deserves.

Since some have resorted to personal attacks on my parents, to my education, to my character - you can further note that my inability to vote in TT has more to do with my passport than it has to do with what party I support. Besides, who would be the Republicans in TT anyways?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 10:33:40 PM by Rotato Poti »

truetrini

« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2005, 10:14:11 PM »
yuh is ah republican?

I gorn

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2005, 10:15:56 PM »

Jack does CONCACAF a disservice and taints any meaningful victory T&T enjoys because he is in charge of CONCACAF and yet bakrolls T&T and openly supports T&T!

N-E-P-O-T-I-S-M!

So that is nepotism? LOL
I always thought that nepotism was when one favoured relatives or personal friends because of their relationship rather than because of their abilities.
That was "nepotism" the last time they release the dictionary.

I don't see Jack's son taking over his spot in FIFA, and I sure as hell don't see any of Jack's friends being able or willing to shell out the kind of money he did for TT WC aspirations.

truetrini

« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2005, 10:19:07 PM »

N-E-P-O-T-I-S-M!

So that is nepotism? LOL
I always thought that nepotism was when one favoured relatives or personal friends because of their relationship rather than because of their abilities.
That was "nepotism" the last time they release the dictionary.

I don't see Jack's son taking over his spot in FIFA, and I sure as hell don't see any of Jack's friends being able or willing to shell out the kind of money he did for TT WC aspirations.

Yuh sure yuh went to dem schools dem?

He is favoring T&T when he should be impartially leading CONCACAF..dat equates to nepotism

yuh read online dictionary to learn dat?

steups.

I going to sex.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2005, 10:23:50 PM »
relatives on the team? ... nobody does look, farless stutter like him.
friends on the team? ... from how allyuh make it sound, Jack have no friends except Sepp - an we all know Sepp busy banning Turkey for the next 20 years.

if you say is nepotism - then by God Almighty it is nepotism.

besides, tell Pamela and Hannah ah say good night.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2005, 10:51:27 PM »
It is not the critic who counts. Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause. Who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

I leave the above for thought.....FTAZ and truetrini should be able to relate to the bold text.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2005, 12:11:03 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports_mag?id=82470635

This is an interesting article. Obviously the man was wrong bout Beenie but he raised some points bout Jack "contribution".

Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2005, 06:17:25 AM »
Ranting about everything because he can't get his own way?
Nothing but a scatter approach trying to discredit everything that doesn't fall under his umbrella.
One setta ol' talk about people fraid the US government and one setta CRAP.

I'd love to see what his reaction was on Wednesday afternoon - because in June 2005 (article date) we were seeing nuff pressure, not even looking as though we would qualify - and now all the things he chastized about TT football turned around and blew up in his face.

TT going to Germany ... and he still banned from football.

Like the old people say, "Bad mind eh good"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2005, 07:27:32 AM »
Like jack is really your father because that is who i spoke about when i was giving you peecong now you telling me about my dick being small.... :rotfl: :rotfl: and then yuh have this next jackass poti attacking me bout how he's the best supporter(is he your brother by chance) i would like to know your age and his if yuh willing to say. I think he went presentation sando because i think i saw some posts with he calling out all the pres MAN and them.

look man, stop making a further fool of yourself while you're ahead on this thread.
You said something stupid and you got called on it - it happens to the best of us sometimes.

Get back to the title and purpose of the thread.

Jack should get the recognition he deserves - and the argument was being made why he deserves the highest honour in the land.
If my words were stupid, what should we call yours??? And in everything i said, i said that Jack doesn't deserve any cross and you come with yuh bullshit politics talk that yuh mother and father must have brainwashed you with.

If Jack warner was a PNM supporter he will get any thing he wants but because he supports UNC he aint getting sh*t ....
warner is we fadda I voting warner anytime ..I sey warner for prime minister and president at de same time!!!!Warner is de only man who could bring unity to TNT..Not Manning ..not Panday..not dookeran.. warner is de man!!!!!!!!!
Not only he should get Trinity cross he should get Manning house  to stay in,  and drop a shaft fi Hazel too!!!!!!.... I heard Warner rent de national stadium so dat TNT national football team could play... Dat is peer f**kery will you rent a stadium for a Team representing TNT to play? ..Will you pay players salary to represent The country?.. Warner is TNT daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bun de government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 warmonga...

Bullshit is bullshit but yuh see this bullshit you now talk, if you are a Jamaican, you should go and tell the gleaner that shit and then tell PJ that bullshit. The day Jack Warner become prime minister of T&T is the day we'll relive 27-07-90.
slim who yu a talking too bredda?.. how yu fi  hurry cum a forum and chat f**kery like dat too warmonga.. Anytime someone cum in here and running dem mouth like yu mi done know sey him a bloodclaut waggonist!!!!!!!!!! Go check mi bloodclaut post from 1901 yu will see who warmonga is.. doh cum up in here tellin war Bout PJ.. PJ dont run Jamaica is peer Peer gunman a run Jamaica ... yu chatting sum serious f**kery slimz...

warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

truetrini

« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2005, 07:40:32 AM »
Ranting about everything because he can't get his own way?
Nothing but a scatter approach trying to discredit everything that doesn't fall under his umbrella.
One setta ol' talk about people fraid the US government and one setta CRAP.

I'd love to see what his reaction was on Wednesday afternoon - because in June 2005 (article date) we were seeing nuff pressure, not even looking as though we would qualify - and now all the things he chastized about TT football turned around and blew up in his face.

TT going to Germany ... and he still banned from football.

Like the old people say, "Bad mind eh good"

You is ah real ass.....ah little warning..stay clear ah me and yuh politics.

I can read you like ah abc book.

And if yuh try insulting me again, I will deal with you with f**king impunity.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2005, 07:46:51 AM »
cool down ... pressure does buss pipe.

the article is there to be picked apart and it has several weaknesses.
If you/ he/ she/ shim/ it don't like to be critisized .. don't write it!

Like others have commented ... it was emotionally written, and probably requires a level headed approach - - because this chump get banned from TT Football for his trangressions.

Of course in June 2005 when the road to Germany was rough - that's when all the nay-sayers had their heyday.
Now that we have qualified, they have no choice but to shut up and swallow that jagged edged pill of pride.

truetrini

« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2005, 07:50:04 AM »
dont flatter yourself!  you have applied no pressure to me.

I am a serious man who has been around football for a while and I know some ah Jack's tricks.

You jes discount experience and people with a dismissal and saying day dey hating.

you need to grow up.

Frankly, I was initially impressed with you, but that quickly vanished with your puerile defense of Jack

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2005, 07:59:18 AM »
you serious?
nah ... you joking.

The Soca Warriors is really a joke ... a joke like TT politicians ... a joke like the crime in TT ... a joke like corruption in TT

nobody serious about anything here .... that is why we didn't make it to the damn WC in 1989 - and that is why we only made it now.
We only made it now because "someone" made a serious and concerted effort to ensure that TT qualified - and that "someone" has been the subject of this thread - unless otherwise misled by useless drivel.

Jack supported the team .... where the hell was your support?
Or were you one of those who couldn't wait to heap it on Jack .... now all of sudden you dusting all the cobweb off your flag.

It's much better to be a now-come than a hypocrit.

truetrini

« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2005, 08:09:13 AM »
dust off my flag?

I have traveled around the globe to see T&T play ball..you stay at home with your US passport, claiming dat you are a Republican and an American citizen and you have the f**king unmitigated balls and gall to state dat I am a hypocrite?

Who was in charge of T&T football in 1989? 

Yuh is ah real asshole and it shows.

you are the type of person who claims T&T when it suits you.

I bet you refer to T&T in less that glorious terms when yuh talking to yuh yankee frens dem.

Crime in T&T?

If yuh know anything about yankee politics yuh would cringe and try to wuk out dem problems in YOUR homeland.

Leave T&T to we truetrins
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 09:58:22 AM by Tallman »

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2005, 08:25:06 AM »
Yes Jack spent his money on T&T football but Jack is doing it as an investment. he has lost no money and has probably gained. Jack controls everything. he made a small fortune on the U17 Wc, from handing out Stadia construction contracts, internet (communication) consessions, TV rights etc. Its the same with the senior team. inflating prices of flights and hotels etc. he has the tv rights all dat.

Jack is a dam crook. But at least he put his money up front, but doh feel is free ting. T&T just get 10 million from FIFA "Yes 10 mil "  "US Dollars" . So all jack money get pay back  ah bet yuh come the end of WC TTFF scruntin again.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2005, 08:32:46 AM »
It is not the critic who counts. Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause. Who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

I leave the above for thought.....FTAZ and truetrini should be able to relate to the bold text.

You need to stop calling me out before i burn your free paper, i done with you long time because i refuse to wipe runny noses. You know nothing about victory or defeat but if you continue, the day you see me will be the day yuh learn defeat. watch yuh speech and mind who you chat with. >:(
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2005, 08:34:56 AM »
dust off my flag?

I have traveled around the globe to see T&T play ball..you stay at home with your US passport, claiming dat you are a Republican and an American citizen and you have the f**king unmitigated balls and gall to state dat I am a hypocrite?

Who was in charge of T&T football in 1989? 

Yuh is ah real asshole and it shows.

you are the type of person who claims T&T when it suits you.

I bet you refer to T&T in less that glorious terms when yuh talking to yuh yankee frens dem.

Crime in T&T?

If yuh know anything about yankee politics yuh would cringe and try to wuk out dem problems in YOUR homeland.

Leave T&T to we truetrins

Life's good in NY ... how's Virginia?
TT surely is held is less hallowed reference amongst my "yankee friends" - thus, see profile picture.
apparently there's only one spot on the plane when you travel to see TT play around the globe.
it seems from your language that you're definitely well respected in the footballing world.
thump yuh chest pardna .. jess doh get a heartattack.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 09:58:09 AM by Tallman »

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2005, 11:02:49 AM »
FATZ and truetrini...in all seriuosness ....lets cool it nah man and get back to the reason why we all here on the forum......FATZ as ah say in the begining...you have written some good articles which I commended you on....if there was something I disagreed with...I called you on it like a gentleman..... but you proceeded to get personal as well as foul in the language you posted and make self egotistical threats. Lets get back to the real discussion...we have a common goal....let TNT football do well..

Also we could agree to disagree...you think Warner should NOT get the award  and I think he should be serioulsy considered for it.... END OF STORY

After all ....we are not communists!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2005, 11:30:13 AM »
My lil 2 cents..not trying to get involved in that war.

1) Jack warner deserve an award for all he has done for TnT football.  He has spent a lot of money when no one else was willing to do so.  However, I don't think he should get the trinity cross. If anybody should get it is the team.  One can argue about all JW has done especially getting the half-spot and the money he spent but he did not kick a ball.

2) Jw is a business man.  I am not doubting his efforts or his love for TNT football but he is also doing it for himself.  I have followed JW for over 20 years and he is not the fairy godfather that some people think he is.  I expect JW to run for FIFA president and that is not possible if we never make ah World Cup (my humble opinion).  So trying his best to ensure we qualify benefits the country, the team and of course himself.  He is more an astute businessman than a fairy godfather.

3) However, if JW is awarded the Trinity Cross, I would not be upset once the team gets it as well.

1]; } ?>