May 14, 2024, 09:47:16 PM

Author Topic: Friendly w/ England in the works afterall?  (Read 8086 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors, England clash planned
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 11:37:05 PM »
do you know #1Trinba

same same saaaaaame ting i was thinkin

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 01:09:15 AM »
If this game becomes official , ah buying meh tickets from de first day they become available

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 05:53:48 AM »
Whatever, i'll believe it when I see it. And if I see it, pray to God that we aint have no blacklist and we can field the strongest side.
Hart for president

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly w/ England in the works afterall?
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 08:15:47 AM »
Well if this is to materialise let it be understood that we have to have at least 2 or 3 solid games with the full A squad and not that bunch that went to Puerto Rico. England just might give us that floodgate of goals everyone expected in the World Cup.

No warm up games with a Tobago 11 or President's 11 pleasssee or a ProLeague team

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 08:39:29 AM »
hope that some of our promising youngbloods hold down some spots on that side for that game cuz allyuh kno nuff english an european scouts will b lookin on.. it cud open the door for some ah dem...

as fuh crouch...ah waitin fuh him in duty free...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 07:25:35 PM »
Seein is believin when dey take d field i will believe it. In d interim Tallman organize d tics because I eh campin 2 get none
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline soca_randy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad to play England in Friendly
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 04:22:09 PM »
I am hearing Trinidad to play England in a friendly.

This is so because Jack has 3 votes which england need to host the  world cup in England.

socarandy

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 10:42:32 PM »
Heard from mr Fuentes that the game is scheduled for June 2008...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »
Boost for England & T&T's centenary celebrations.
TTFF Media.
[/size]

England have received a major boost to their 2018 World Cup chances after influential FIFA vice-president Jack Warner hailed the Football Association as the most-respected association in the world.
Warner's latest remarks also open the way to a friendly between England and Trinidad and Tobago on June 1 in the West Indies.
The FA had wanted Warner, the head of Caribbean football, to redress comments he made last year about England being "an irritant" to Europe and having had no impact in world football.
Warner now says while European football figures do denigrate England, in the rest of the world the FA's international development work has reaped huge dividends.
He also claims that without his active support, former FA chairman Geoff Thompson would not have been elected as a fellow FIFA vice-president.
On their side, the FA are keen to hold the friendly in the West Indies on June 1 because Warner, the president of the CONCACAF federation, is a very important FIFA figure in terms of the 2018 World Cup bid.
The match would also be part of the centenary celebrations of the country's football federation (T&TFF), and would fit in with England manager Fabio Capello's plans.
Warner said: "I am certain that nobody of relevance within the FA believes that Jack Warner is England's enemy. The opposite is true.
"What I did say in a BBC radio interview last year, was nothing but the reproduction of opinions and background whispers offered by false friends in Europe.
"Numerous European football grandees have often made derogatory remarks about England in the past. What I did was merely to state them and share them with the public at large.
"Unfortunately, it was subsequently construed to be 'Jack Warner's opinion', simply because it was I who had voiced what others - behind England's back - were and are saying in Europe.
"I emphasise 'Europe' because the FA, under Geoff Thompson's leadership, and ever since [the failed bid for the World Cup in] 2006 has changed course in international terms and stepped up its international development programme to a level unmatched by any other FA in the world.
"The FA is probably the most respected football association in Europe in the eyes of virtually all countries within CONCACAF, Asia, Africa and South America."
Warner, special adviser to the T&TFF, is something of a controversial figure in football, and his name has been linked to a number of scandals. Last year, his son Daryan was banned from selling World Cup tickets after offering tickets from the 2006 tournament for several times their face value.
The T&TFF are also currently being sued by their own players over bonuses they say they are owed from the 2006 finals.
Warner is a vital figure in terms of the 2018 campaign however - he directly controls three of the 24 FIFA executive committee votes and has a strong influence over four more. He is also a strong backer of FIFA president Sepp Blatter.
Warner was also instrumental in securing Thompson the seat as Britain's FIFA vice-president. Scottish FA president John McBeth was about to take the post last May, only to be forced to withdraw after suggesting African and Caribbean associations were tainted by corruption and greed.
Warner added: "To assume that I had a personal grudge against England is incorrect. Frankly, without my active support, there still would not be an Englishman in FIFA's executive committee today: I encouraged Geoff to take on the responsibility of FIFA vice-president after that deplorable Scot McBeth lashed out against virtually anything non-British in a reprehensible way.
"One must not forget that for decades, there was no Englishman in any body of relevance at UEFA or FIFA levels. For 17 years, your Home Countries were represented by a Scot, and only when Geoff Thompson with his quiet yet professional and dedicated ways offered to play an active role, UEFA and later FIFA accepted an Englishman in their most senior ranks."
Warner said a friendly with England would be "fabulous".
He said:"The T&TFF, having been formed by English settlers in 1908, has come a long way since then.
"If England were to play our twin-island nation's team to celebrate 100 years of football history, it would be a fabulous sign of recognition and a sound continuation of a positive experience that was actively built by the FA over the past few years.
"Therefore, and when the timing is appropriate, I will be happy to outline the fine achievements of the FA in international development, with or without a game being played between our countries in honour of our 100-year birthday."

Source - PA Sports.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 11:01:29 AM »
lol Jack Warner is de most kicks.
Criticize their football team, but big up their FA.
He slick boy.

And it was the opinion of others lol.

I would love for this game to happen though.
When last we hosted a big team from another federation?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:03:26 AM by Peong »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »
tanks Shaun ;D
keep up de good work
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 11:21:25 AM »
tanks Shaun ;D
keep up de good work

The powers of Macobook, ooops I mean Facebook late at night... ;D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 11:22:50 AM »
tanks Shaun ;D
keep up de good work
The powers of Macobook, ooops I mean Facebook late at night... ;D
:rotfl: :rotfl:
all of allya spread tin eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 12:20:25 PM »
T&T England football friendly hinges on insult retraction and player debts
by Michael Herborn (playthegame.org)

12 February 2008

The English FA are reported to have agreed to visit Trinidad and Tobago to play a friendly against the ‘Soca Warriors’ subject to two conditions; Jack Warner apologises for calling them an irritant, and an agreement is reached with Trinidad and Tobago players over World Cup monies owed from the 2006 tournament. The trip is not just a test for the England team and their new coach Fabio Capello, but also a way to win Warner’s backing for England’s 2018 World Cup bid.

Condition one appears to have been met, albeit in a roundabout way. Referring to an interview with the BBC in 2007 (click here to read more and listen to highlights) in which he described the English FA as being regarded as an ‘irritant’ and having had no impact upon the game at a world level, Warner stated that his comments were merely restating the opinions of others, rather than voicing his own.

“To assume that I had a personal grudge against England is incorrect,” said Warner, reports London newspaper, the Telegraph.

“Frankly, without my active support, there still would not be an Englishman in Fifa's Executive Committee today,” an apparent reference to Warner’s protests of racism when John McBeth mentioned the existence of corruption within African and Caribbean football associations.

“The FA are fully aware of all of this and I am certain that nobody of relevance within the FA would have believed that Jack Warner is England's enemy.”

“Numerous European football grandees have often made depreciative remarks about England in the past. What I did was merely to state them and share them with the public at large. Unfortunately, it was subsequently construed to be Jack Warner's opinion.”

Agreement with players
If the rumours are true, then now all that remains to be solved for England to travel to Trinidad is for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) to reach an agreement with players from Trinidad and Tobago over World Cup monies owed.

As reported by Play the Game in 2007 (click here to read more), the TTFF, which employs Warner as its special adviser, is accused of understating accounts leading to players being offered approximately 800 USD as a revenue linked performance bonus for the 2006 World Cup. This is despite revenues running into millions of dollars according to the Trinidad and Tobago government.

The dispute led to a blacklist of players being drawn up, who were banned from representing their country after seeking legal counsel over the terms of the bonus.

Play the Game has learnt from Shaka Hislop, one of the blacklisted players and president of the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago that the decision over bonuses will go to arbitration in April.

That means the English FA will still have to wait a couple more months before they can confirm their friendly tie against Trinidad and Tobago for June 2008.

World Cup 2018
Staging a friendly in Trinidad in June would be regarded as a boost for England’s chances of staging the 2018 World Cup, as Trinidadian Warner holds direct sway over three votes out of the twenty-four deciding the tournament's host. For the TTFF, the match would be a celebration of the organisation’s centenary, as well as being a potential money-spinner.

Ironically, it is believed that the initial anger Warner voiced against the FA was over the decision not to send an international side to Trinidad and Tobago in August 2008 to mark the TTFF centenary. The FA’s offer to send a representative team instead was dismissed, and the fixture was shelved, leading to the outburst.

At the time, there were fears that playing the game after Euro 2008 could have led to complaints from Premiership club managers, as the game would have been played just prior to the start of the 2008/2009 season. However, now with England out of Euro 2008, the June timing of the proposed match is much more convenient for the FA, as well as England 2018 hopes.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 12:59:50 PM »
When the squad arrive in TT...both of them...then I will believe this story.

You know how much big games we supposed to have that get cancel last minute.

Mind we ent play JA or Bimshire on that date instead.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 01:28:32 PM »
is how much games we go have in June?
dont we also play JA in June?
when is our 1st WCQ match?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 02:37:35 PM »
I wonder if our glorious pitch will be ready in time lol..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 02:45:22 PM »
They should bring dat wild man Crouch...Ah know plenty Trini fotball fans still get that sour taste in their mouth when they see dat goal he scored against us in Germany

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 02:46:49 PM »
De English have nothing to lose.... When England was bidding to host the 2006 WC... Jack basically said that they had his vote... He did not come outright and say it, but he did in not so many words.... I was there at the BH Commision residence and heard it myself...Sir Bobby C was also there and some other delegates,.... Anyway I understand his vote(s) went elsewhere....

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 02:49:38 PM »
They should bring dat wild man Crouch...Ah know plenty Trini fotball fans still get that sour taste in their mouth when they see dat goal he scored against us in Germany
I dunno why so many against him.... If Stern had grab Fernidand hair and scored, we would bash the English if they complained... I doh agree wid what he did, but I know if de table were turned I woulda been jumping for joy and woulda say Ferdinand shoulda cut his hair...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2008, 03:27:30 PM »
no samo....they woulda just bash we...simple
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2008, 04:43:55 PM »
The best thing about this game is that Jack must know that the blacklist ting has to be sorted out before England will ever agree to play. Votes or no votes, the English FA cannot send a team to Trinidad with all dat scandal goin on. D blacklist ting has got zero attention in England so far, but if they came to TnT, de media would definitely give it some coverage and de public would slaughter d English FA for going anywhere near dat mess. They doh mess about with corruption. Not dat dey care whether Jack or Trinidad is corrupt, dey just would not stand for their own association being involved.

Personally, I think the English media will already be looking to criticise a friendly against us - I cant remember the last time England went abroad for a friendly against a team not in d top 20 in the world (or of some significance to England). Announcing a game wid dis blacklist ting goin on would be suicide.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2008, 04:53:05 PM »
I think this would be the first ever English full international in the Caribbean.  I don't think they've played one in Africa either.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2008, 06:50:59 PM »
I think this would be the first ever English full international in the Caribbean.  I don't think they've played one in Africa either.

They played South Africa in Durban on May 22, 2003, and Tunisia in Tunis on June 2, 1990.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2008, 07:04:25 PM »
Guys TT played England in 1969 in the Oval and Skinner's Park. It was an England amateur team. They were touring the caribbean. Well TT was amateur at that time. The team had Jean Mouttet, Brian Bain, George Romano, DeLabastide,Selwyn Murren, Errol Sebro, Ian Bain, Roger Mathews, Ian Butcher, Buggy Haynes, Lincoln DeLandro, Alvin Henderson. I can't remember the rest. They tied 0-0 in the Oval and England won 2-0 in Skinner's Park.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 04:28:20 AM »

They played South Africa in Durban on May 22, 2003, and Tunisia in Tunis on June 2, 1990.

Yes, I forgot about S.Africa! Not sure about Tunisia, but I guess I didn't think of Tunisia as Africa per se!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 05:03:35 AM »

Yes, I forgot about S.Africa! Not sure about Tunisia, but I guess I didn't think of Tunisia as Africa per se!

Kentsoulman, if Tallman say dey played Tunisia, dey play Tunisia.....doh doubt de man....yuh want to get ban from de forum... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>