May 03, 2024, 02:18:01 PM

Author Topic: the World Cup goes home to Brazil :-)  (Read 6759 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: the World Cup goes home to Brazil :-)
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 04:50:56 PM »

Dem have to QUALIFY fuss... ;D

small thing.

Arrite Gino.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 05:03:41 PM »

Dem have to QUALIFY fuss... ;D

small thing.

Arrite Gino.

I eh have to tell you who's the boss, rite?  ::)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 06:02:01 PM »
http://fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/news/newsid=625447.html#brazil+germany+host+events

Gentlemen start plannin your vacation and get your shots! ;D
This is a nice situation for Tnt....fixup the stadiums...be a stop orf point fuh dem sides going to Brazil....while we host some warmup games....ENT! leh we see how the powers dat be THEN, treat dis.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is 'home' about Brazil for the World Cup ?

For a country that has such a unique and rich World Cup history...I can see why many would see Brazil as some kind of spiritual home of the WC. The only nation to actually play in every world cup and the only one that got to actually keep a trophy - Jules Rimet trophy resides in Brazil - so Brazil is literally home for one WC trophy. Most WC winner's medals too. Think about it..if Brazil fails to qualify for a WC, it will be more 'shocking' than if any other country is absent..even if Brazil is not the best team in the world at the time. Brazil's presence has become something of a WC tradition...so, I could see why some would paint that kind of metaphor

oh gorm man Filho...u self... ;D ;D :devil:

It eh outta no damn curiosity.  Doh try dat Midknight.  Is pure commess knighty lookin for.  ;D

Nah, I not into commess, but I simply don't agree. I'm a big Brazil fan and I don't like the English, but the word 'home' is a big one to use for Brazil.
As far as I see it, only 3 countries could hope topretend to that title

England (as far as the birthplace of the game - or at least until someone seriously disputes this)
France (as far as the Organisational initiator of the original World Cup)
Uruguay (as far as being the original host country and winner to boot)

I'm not going to bring up Brazil palmares because I doh wan't Sando to dehydrate fro vomiting, but for me using that is the equivalent of saying the US is home to the Olympics because they traditionally get the most medals of all the competitors

i think we taking it a lil to serious. to be honest it is not anyhing to be taken literally. describing any place as the home of the World Cup takes some arbitrary judgements. For argument's sake.......England could be called the 'home' of football. why not? it is widely accepted they invented the modern form of the game. but the title does not necessarily allude to the game of football. could be just the world cup tournament. now even if England is the 'home' of football...that should have nutten to do with where the home of the WC is. For example..what if England never qualified for or participated in a WC? They'd still have 'invented' the game, but no way yuh could say they're the home of the tournament.

all yuh points have their own merits, but many can argue that the only team to be present at all World Cups has as much claim to call the Wrold Cup 'their tourney' as any of the tems yuh called there. it eh no scene. is just passion for the game. Go and listen to the German theme song for WC2006. It was called 'It's coming home'. Even the Germans think they're the home of the World Cup..and who is to argue that their fans can't say they are  :beermug:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 06:11:46 PM »
i think we taking it a lil to serious. to be honest it is not anyhing to be taken literally. describing any place as the home of the World Cup takes some arbitrary judgements. For argument's sake.......England could be called the 'home' of football. why not? it is widely accepted they invented the modern form of the game. but the title does not necessarily allude to the game of football. could be just the world cup tournament. now even if England is the 'home' of football...that should have nutten to do with where the home of the WC is. For example..what if England never qualified for or participated in a WC? They'd still have 'invented' the game, but no way yuh could say they're the home of the tournament.

all yuh points have their own merits, but many can argue that the only team to be present at all World Cups has as much claim to call the Wrold Cup 'their tourney' as any of the tems yuh called there. it eh no scene. is just passion for the game. Go and listen to the German theme song for WC2006. It was called 'It's coming home'. Even the Germans think they're the home of the World Cup..and who is to argue that their fans can't say they are  :beermug:

Nice argument. I will drink to that one
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 07:18:08 PM »

In light of this thread I am firmly convinced that some men will argue over any and everything.

Anybody else happy that de World Cup back in de Americas...and most importantly, for the forumites at home (home being Trinidad and Tobago...lest we have another three pages)...it will be but a hop, skip and a jump away....or a small inconvenient encounter with Caribbean Star for that matter, before yuh partying wid de senhoritas  ;D

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 08:06:06 PM »
Brazil tip of d day......................Trini passport=no visa needed

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 08:39:18 PM »
In light of this thread I am firmly convinced that some men will argue over any and everything.

put it down to a slow day.

I seeing a pot somewhere in the vicinity
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 04:53:59 AM »
Brazil tip of d day......................Trini passport=no visa needed

Cooooooool!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2007, 08:14:29 AM »

Probably because yuh standing in front de mirror...shift ah little tuh de left and see if it still dey.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2007, 08:59:07 AM »

Probably because yuh standing in front de mirror...shift ah little tuh de left and see if it still dey.

nah, it still dey; Right in front of me I was seeing ah kettle ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2007, 09:20:05 AM »

nah, it still dey; Right in front of me I was seeing ah kettle ;D

Yuh seeing pot and kettle?  Yuh ha double vision...yuh contacts old or what?

1]; } ?>