May 06, 2024, 10:47:07 PM

Author Topic: Wha is a real scene with soucouyant??  (Read 19839 times)

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wha is a real scene with soucouyant??
« on: August 28, 2006, 06:27:40 AM »
The Soucouyant

The Soucouyant (Sukuya), also called Old Hag,  is a supernatural being who has made a pact with the devil to be able to change herself into all kinds of different forms. At night she sheds her human skin and changes into a ball of fire or any kind of animal and casts spells on people to turn them into animals also,  but she has to slip back into that skin before dawn breaks and the cock crows, otherwise she will not be able to get back into it.
So it may happen, that, when people suspect that an old woman neighbour of theirs is, in fact, a soucouyant, they may trick her by  going to her house at night  and destroying the skin she left behind by putting salt on it so that it will shrink and she will not be able to get back into it and thus die. In Trinidad, if  somebody  walks around with a "hicky" soukie) on his neck, he may get remarks from his friends like :
" Eh, Eh, Soucoyant suck yuh or wha ? "

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ok...so that explains ah soucouyant...

but yuh know how dey deos say hot water does get rid ah hickie (yuh school days nah ;))...does d same apply fuh ah soucouyant suck? ??? :-\
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Wha is a real scene with soucouyant??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 06:46:15 AM »
Gyul buh where dat come from.. Like yuh have ah hicky and looking for excuses :rotfl: Well my old heads used to tell meh about them thing since on meh father side dey from Maruga(how ever yuh spell it) in de bush dey. But to answer the real question  ;D take a spoon on de rounded out side and rub in the direction of blood flow it go be gone in less dan 5 mins ;)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 07:19:26 AM »
Gyul buh where dat come from.. Like yuh have ah hicky and looking for excuses :rotfl: Well my old heads used to tell meh about them thing since on meh father side dey from Maruga(how ever yuh spell it) in de bush dey. But to answer the real question ;D take a spoon on de rounded out side and rub in the direction of blood flow it go be gone in less dan 5 mins ;)

is moruga...and i from rio claro...so i have d lil bush thing in meh blood..

no ah doh have ah hickie...and it sounding more like u wha meh brand mehself with ah spoon...

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 07:51:47 AM »

but yuh know how dey deos say hot water does get rid ah hickie (yuh school days nah)

Fuh true?  I never hear dat one.  Yuh does learn someting new every day yes.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 08:09:04 AM »
 Ah guess is a seta red oman here ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 08:42:28 AM »

but yuh know how dey deos say hot water does get rid ah hickie (yuh school days nah)

Fuh true? I never hear dat one. Yuh does learn someting new every day yes.

girl...ah remember chirren use run home an hot some water fass fass...or pass by ah fren on d way home...or make ah trip tp d home economics lab...hot some water and and soak d spot with d end oh ah towel or yuh rag( from back in d day)....

talk about kicks...lol...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 08:48:11 AM »
de hot water ting does work and also ah comb.pass it up and dong on de hickie.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 08:55:07 AM »

girl...ah remember chirren use run home an hot some water fass fass...or pass by ah fren on d way home...or make ah trip tp d home economics lab...hot some water and and soak d spot with d end oh ah towel or yuh rag( from back in d day)....

talk about kicks...lol...

Girl..dis information 30 years too late fuh me.  Ah get one once..didn't know dey even had ah remedy...steups!!  Get in trouble wid meh mudder.  Ah does mark easy....so if anybody want tuh play soucouyant by me, ah have tuh put up meh cross or something tuh ward orf dat kinda behaviour.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline general's daughter

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 10:07:40 AM »

Fuh true?  I never hear dat one.  Yuh does learn someting new every day yes.

Kandi remember the time Harry got ah hickie from one girl and had ah date with another one and he was busy with hot water and if i remember correctly SALT trying tuh get rid of it... but i do not think that it worked.......

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 10:41:23 AM »

yuh mean in d bank kitchen...ah well remember that...lol

Kandi remember the time Harry got ah hickie from one girl and had ah date with another one and he was busy with hot water and if i remember correctly SALT trying tuh get rid of it... but i do not think that it worked.......

yuh mean rite in d bank kitchen... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ...those were d days..
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 10:54:56 AM by kandi_tt »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 10:44:31 AM »
Ah hear mosquito bite

Ah hear ketchup spill and it dry

Ah hear red kool aid inadvertently get on de neck

Ah even hear is a big pimple dat eh raise yet

But ah NEVER hear a "spoon brandin" excuse.

Allyuh real original out here... ;D

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 11:30:34 AM »
allyuh remeber the scene with dirnking guiness to get rid a baby...lol :rotfl: :rotfl:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 11:37:12 AM »
allyuh remeber the scene with dirnking guiness to get rid a baby...lol :rotfl: :rotfl:

No way..Yuh make dat up!! :o

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 11:40:13 AM »

nope d e bitterness wa ssuppose to get rid of it..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 11:46:38 AM »

Nah i hear about that....them ole people used tuh say that.... But what this have to do with the hikie kandi trying to get rid of Organic?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 11:48:10 AM »

Nah i hear about that....them ole people used tuh say that.... But what this have to do with the hikie kandi trying to get rid of Organic?
well i telling kandi..from now.... just in case is more than ha hickie she really need to "deal" with lol

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

well i telling kandi..from now.... just in case is more than ha hickie she really need to "deal" with lol

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: <whew good one> but ah friend of mine drank punchen the other night and she say she geh she period next morning...so like that go wuk tooooo...kandi yuh hear that???

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 12:13:56 PM »
First time I hearing about that spoon method and the hot water...

I know about the comb an thing..

But why would I have reason to use it ??

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: <whew good one> but ah friend of mine drank punchen the other night and she say she geh she period next morning...so like that go wuk tooooo...kandi yuh hear that???

wha d rass..where yuh get that from..

any doctors here could explain how that wok ?
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 12:25:15 PM »
wh a dmudder neck..ah trying to do d people wuk and phone ringing tellin meh to come and read d thread...allyuh aint play allyuh like bachannal and lakaray nah...

but d information is good to know...dis forum is like meh own reference library...

PS..ah have real mudder neckin wuk dread.......... >:( >:( >:(

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 03:14:46 PM »
<sid down and take in dey information>
<pulls out dey navy blue book>

Ladies and "some" gentlemen in here ah message from Cana Rooks.

To avoid ya mudda from finding dey hickey/red spot on ya...doh let him/her put it where ya mudda could find it.  :angel:

datz all.

dey message courtsey dey navy blue book of experience

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 10:33:06 AM »
Ah guess T&T too hot for de turtle neck remedy...

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 10:57:04 AM »
<sid down and take in dey information>
<pulls out dey navy blue book>

Ladies and "some" gentlemen in here ah message from Cana Rooks.

To avoid ya mudda from finding dey hickey/red spot on ya...doh let him/her put it where ya mudda could find it. :angel:

datz all.

dey message courtsey dey navy blue book of experience

this is how yuh do it...cana yuh know d ting self...

i see people with real hicky over d shirt color and thing an fine that does look disgusting...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 06:41:44 PM »
ummm btw ummm dey comb ting does wuk too. jus drag it across dey affected area.
now mind you...according to where dey "affected" area is...just dey right teeth comb tur suit. :angel:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 07:36:07 PM »
I from Moruga (well meh muddah from dere and ah live down dey for a 1 or 2 years) ..

Dis talk about hickie is a big conspiracy perpertrated by the brethen of soucouyant to hide their prescence in T&T.

I know for a fact dat soucouyant is for real.  She use to bite my sister (who was only 7 years old and was not getting hicke from anybody).  I see fus hand de black and blue bruise.  An ah sure I see a fireball one nite.

Allyuh and the remedy for hickie get side track from Kandi origina post... proof again dat the soucouyant is for real.   Hmmmm.... ah tink somebody here is did post mite be a soucouyant ore related to one.

As for MuffPuff and the Navy Blue Book ... leh me leave dat to yuh imagination
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 08:52:38 PM »
A Hickie is a good thing. And 2 or 3 even better ;D

A Hickie got me my wife. When she saw the hickie she got jelous and finally a few days later she came out and told me that she had feelings for me. (After we had been friends for years)

Now I married that is how she does mark she territory  :devil: :devil:

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 05:47:44 AM »
dear gaud....thats a great story (being sarcastic)
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 05:53:59 AM »
I from Moruga (well meh muddah from dere and ah live down dey for a 1 or 2 years) ..

Dis talk about hickie is a big conspiracy perpertrated by the brethen of soucouyant to hide their prescence in T&T.

I know for a fact dat soucouyant is for real.  She use to bite my sister (who was only 7 years old and was not getting hicke from anybody).  I see fus hand de black and blue bruise.  An ah sure I see a fireball one nite.

Allyuh and the remedy for hickie get side track from Kandi origina post... proof again dat the soucouyant is for real.   Hmmmm.... ah tink somebody here is did post mite be a soucouyant ore related to one.

pecan meh fadda side ah family from LaLune...
dat is where we use to spend we august err excuse me ah mean summer holidays
ya ever see bout 10 children sleep on one bed - well just give we ah story bout dwen and soucouyant nah.

ah saw ah umm what ya does call dem oman who have one foot and dey other is ah cow hoff (lajabless or something so)
well me and meh brother was walking home one night in LaLune from meh aunty house to meh grandmudda bout 7 dey night...now ya hafta remember no street lights only dey moon.

aye aye meh brother turn round and tell meh look ah old woman following we from ah distance. i turn roun tur see if we know she. we didn't so me ain't dig nothing.
all of ah sudden he turn round again and say look she almost reach we. time i turn round dey woman bout 8 steps behind we...ah say to meh self but she old no ass how she reach up so fast to we. man ah hold on to meh brother hand and is take off we gone yes. i honestly believe meh brother foot ain't touch asphalt yet...Ato had nothing on we dat night.

ya know by dey time we reach infront we grandmudda big gate and run up dey steps, dat woman was passing dey gate and laughing.
she had on ah long white skirt but ya coulda see she had ah hoff. when we tell we grandmudda wha happen, she say dat woman does rome round dey place looking for "boy" children to take dem in the forest. she make we say 3 our fadda and send we to bed.

honest to dey almighty dat is ah true story.

ah miss dem days bad.
allyuh tink dem young birds in this generation have stories like this ?  :D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2006, 08:09:14 AM »

pecan meh fadda side ah family from LaLune...
dat is where we use to spend we august err excuse me ah mean summer holidays
ya ever see bout 10 children sleep on one bed - well just give we ah story bout dwen and soucouyant nah.

ah saw ah umm what ya does call dem oman who have one foot and dey other is ah cow hoff (lajabless or something so)
well me and meh brother was walking home one night in LaLune from meh aunty house to meh grandmudda bout 7 dey night...now ya hafta remember no street lights only dey moon.

aye aye meh brother turn round and tell meh look ah old woman following we from ah distance. i turn roun tur see if we know she. we didn't so me ain't dig nothing.
all of ah sudden he turn round again and say look she almost reach we. time i turn round dey woman bout 8 steps behind we...ah say to meh self but she old no ass how she reach up so fast to we. man ah hold on to meh brother hand and is take off we gone yes. i honestly believe meh brother foot ain't touch asphalt yet...Ato had nothing on we dat night.

ya know by dey time we reach infront we grandmudda big gate and run up dey steps, dat woman was passing dey gate and laughing.
she had on ah long white skirt but ya coulda see she had ah hoff. when we tell we grandmudda wha happen, she say dat woman does rome round dey place looking for "boy" children to take dem in the forest. she make we say 3 our fadda and send we to bed.

honest to dey almighty dat is ah true story.

ah miss dem days bad.
allyuh tink dem young birds in this generation have stories like this ?  :D
:rotfl: :rotfl: is true i belive u not a word ah datis a lie
btw what age u tell meh u start stealing drink fromy uh granny cupboard again  ???.. an din lalune it hadda be babash, and or puncheon

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2006, 10:28:39 AM »
ah tell yuh ...Trinicana story true.

Moruga was home for all a dem La Diablesse, papa bois and ligahoo.

One nite, i in the back seat of a simca driving from Princess Town to Moruga and my auntie telling us about all dese supernatural creature and we turn a corner .... an who we see? nobody but Papa Bois, dis time, in the shape of a donkey.   The light from the car highbeams, reflecting from huge donkey eyes.  Ah tink a pee mehself when ah see he.

An the La Diablesse ... ah tink ah know who she. 

I think today, these creatures of a folklore are slowly disappearing .... too much urban sprawl.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2006, 10:32:49 AM »
ah tell yuh ...Trinicana story true.

Moruga was home for all a dem La Diablesse, papa bois and ligahoo.

One nite, i in the back seat of a simca driving from Princess Town to Moruga and my auntie telling us about all dese supernatural creature and we turn a corner .... an who we see? nobody but Papa Bois, dis time, in the shape of a donkey.   The light from the car highbeams, reflecting from huge donkey eyes.  Ah tink a pee mehself when ah see he.

An the La Diablesse ... ah tink ah know who she. 

I think today, these creatures of a folklore are slowly disappearing .... too much urban sprawl.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: pecan like cana does share she moonshine wiht u...lol

1]; } ?>