May 16, 2024, 12:15:57 AM

Author Topic: Destra’s making tongues talk  (Read 1188 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Destra’s making tongues talk
« on: May 23, 2011, 10:40:28 AM »
Destra’s making tongues talk
Published: Mon, 2011-05-23 03:57
Aba A Luke

Destra Garcia laughs in the face of publicity that she’s allegedly kissed another woman. This past Carnival season, soca diva Destra Garcia came back to the fore with some fierce tracks and the attitude to match. She strutted her stuff in the tightest body fitting cat suits and pushed the envelope with the Mohawk inspired hairstyle that added to the ensemble.

Destra or not?
Two months after the season became but a memory, the Proppa singer’s name is at the tips of every man and woman’s tongue in T&T, as a photo surfaced last week inciting that one of Soca’s leading women was getting a little too friendly with a fellow female. The image of two women, both donning what appeared to be Mohawk hairstyles and erotically interlocking tongues, spread across the Internet and via Blackberry messenger like wild fire. One of the women, alleged to be Garcia, wore red lipstick and her face was tilted so that all that appeared was a facial bone structure that mimicks that of Garcia.

Sure looks like me
“It’s not me,” confirmed Destra in an interview with the T&T Guardian on Friday. She laughed at the fact that the image had been creating such a buzz and thanked the person in the picture for giving her so much publicity. “My phone was ringing off the hook yesterday. BB was going crazy, Twitter and all that,” said the soca diva. She admitted having seen the photo just one week after Carnival and being blown away by how strong a resemblance the person in the photo had to her. “The side profile shot really makes her look like me. It was funny to me then and I really didn’t take it seriously.” Destra said when the image re-surfaced last week, she said to herself, it was old news and thought how ironic it was that even though she told folks it wasn’t her, they still believed she had locked tongues with another girl.

Never a dull moment
“In this business called show business, there’s never a dull moment. You have to deal with the good, the bad and the indifferent. It’s not me and I have nothing to prove, comment on or defend,” she said with a laugh.
Amid all the hype, Destra, who placed third in this year’s Play Whe Groovy Soca Monarch competition, is riding the wave of success, having produced a number of hit singles in 2011, among them On Somebody, Welcome Back, Feel To Wine with Super Jigga TC, Cool It Down and Middle of de Road with Swappi. She started her touring season at Jamaica’s Carnival, has been to the Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands for Carnival celebrations, and next week, she told the T&T Guardian she’ll be flying to Toronto for a fete out there.

“I’m in the studio recording as we speak,” she informed excitedly. “I’m getting ready for Crop Over and other carnivals and even though it’s tough balancing all of that with my daughter, I’m getting it done. I’m getting a lot of help,” she admitted. Never a softee, Destra Garcia’s voice bore no semblance of regret, fear or shame as it related to the image of a woman bearing her resemblance, kissing another. “I have a lot of fans—both gay and straight—and I love them all. “It’s not my intention to disrespect anyone but that’s not me,” she affirmed.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Destra’s making tongues talk
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »
You should have posted the picture that's subject of all the tongue wagging as well!  :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:04:51 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 10:03:13 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sziC_awbJRc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sziC_awbJRc</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:32:13 PM »
Look like she kssing herself....either way de pic HOT too bad :drool:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>