May 05, 2024, 04:23:32 PM

Author Topic: Players told Mour to sign Micah  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Players told Mour to sign Micah
« on: December 29, 2006, 10:18:07 PM »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006600153,00.html

JOSE MOURINHO had to be persuaded by his senior players that Micah Richards is good enough to play for Chelsea.

Blues boss Mourinho has been monitoring the Manchester City defender for a year — and tried to buy him last summer.

City refused Chelsea’s £6million offer but it was Mourinho’s England internationals who told him the 18-year-old was worth having at any price — now put at a monster £18m.

Richards made his full England debut against Holland in Amsterdam last month and Mourinho canvassed the opinion of John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and Joe Cole about him on their return.

He received glowing reports and was told Richards is the real deal.

While he may have waited until the summer to buy him, the injury to John Terry and his team’s defensive frailty has forced the issue.

For Richards, the prospect of becoming an instant first-choice for the champions and making his name at Stamford Bridge could be too great a temptation to resist.

The youngster’s family and advisors have been wary of Chelsea’s interest, having seen Shaun Wright-Phillips take the same path from Manchester only to end up on the bench.

But Mourinho has made it clear Richards will deputise for Terry in central defence and then solve his problem right-back position for the rest of the season.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Players told Mour to sign Micah
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 10:19:13 PM »
i hope he dont go but 18 million is alot of money to turn down
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 01:14:59 AM »
i hope he dont go but 18 million is alot of money to turn down

Joes does hav e a big problem with signing wingbacks.............he does buy real shitskanke sometimes (Ferreria, Del Horno, Bhoularouz), but i would welcome this move

this guy really impress me......so bring him

18 m...........lol.............how much did he pay for Ferreria?? not 20m ?

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 01:55:09 AM »
ferriera he beought cuz he was tusted with him in his 2 years of sucess at porto so he figured that he go in that direction....del horno was doing ok just injuries and the Messi issue stamped his career...and Boulahrouz is a CB that is more versatile and MAY be used as a winback

i dont think he'll bring richards just yet....but a RB will be bought

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 11:28:31 AM »
ferriera he beought cuz he was tusted with him in his 2 years of sucess at porto so he figured that he go in that direction....del horno was doing ok just injuries and the Messi issue stamped his career...and Boulahrouz is a CB that is more versatile and MAY be used as a winback

richards is a right back!!.....lol

but Boulahrouz playing real shit in d centre of defence........

i think they will bring 2 nrw defenders in january.......right and centre back

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 01:38:10 PM »
Chelsea just buying players so no one else will have players. Dem go buy them way to no trophy this year  ;D

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 02:03:06 PM »

richards is a right back!!.....lol

but Boulahrouz playing real shit in d centre of defence........

i think they will bring 2 nrw defenders in january.......right and centre back

Micah Richards could play any where along the back four.  He is England's future center back.  he is big, quick, very mature for his age, and looks very good going forward for set pieces, and even just going forward period.  Liverpool were also looking at him.  He would be a great buy.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 02:04:40 PM »
micah richards is a CB taht can paly anywhere on the defence and so is PLAYING as a RB becuz tahts where stuart perace wants to use the man.....

1]; } ?>