May 20, 2024, 08:35:59 AM

Author Topic: The TTFF Thread.  (Read 6934 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The TTFF Thread.
« on: August 25, 2011, 06:16:06 AM »
If you had a chance to rebuild the TTFF, what would you do? What changes/people and new ideas would you bring to make  a new and improved TTFF?.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The TTFF Thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 07:08:17 AM »
This must have been a post inspired for Socapro....
allow me please,

PAY DE 2006 WC PLAYERS DEY MONEY!

Stolen!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:06:51 AM »
My Picks

President - George Hislop.
Vice President - Brent Sancho.
Technical Director Men Football - Terry Fenwick.
Technical Director Women Football - Lincoln Phillips.
General Secretary - Mike Townsley.
Managers - David John Williams and Richard Braithwaite.
Vice-Manager - Inshan Mohammed.
Technical Advisors - Lincoln Phillips and Keith Look Loy.
Treasurer - Nigel Myers.
Course Directors - Lincoln Phillips and Raymond Tim Kee.
Marketing - Kevin Harrison, Inshan Mohammed, Shaka Hislop and Kelvin Jack.
Official Website - Soca Warriors Online.
Press/Video/Photography Officers - Lasana Liburd, Inshan Mohammed and Shaun Fuentes.
Official Supporter Group - Warrior Nation.

This is a serious group of men here, only Keith Look Loy and Shaun Fuentes from the old TTFF should be kept on and observed.

Lincoln Phillips is a knowledgable man and should be utilize, lets see what he could do with more support.

These are a mixture of young and old who can make the transformation easy and who can work together and not back stab each other.

Tallman and Flex are a great team, I know they will get things done in a heart beat.

The reason I put more than one man in a position is because I know a few of them cannot commit to it 100% because of family commitment and so on.

These men will bring great ideas to the table.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:47:21 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:22:37 AM »
To me there must be a level of transparency around the treatment of players with proper contractural arrangements either set by the federation or negotatied via collective bargaining.

Base contracts for a pool of players based on a national selection policy (local and foreign based) 
Payment scheme for tiered level of games (friendlies, fifa recognized qualifiers, fifa recognized tournaments)
Performance based bonus scheme (based on individual contribution)
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 08:59:57 AM »
Draft a constitution to put policies in place emphasizing:

Accountability to all stakeholders--T&T public, Gov't, Players union, FIFA etc;

Transparency in financial dealings, plans for a developmental approach to building a sustainable
       feeder and talent system through all ages;

Reward system to exemplary performances both on the pitch and off the pitch--administrators,
       officials, etc.

Enact a limited term of service (say four years) for key positions such as the presidency etc.

Hold truly open voting for key positions advertising on the TTFF website and in popular media

Hire a truly professional marketing firm to advertise and promote T&T football

Seek and play friendlies with higher ranked teams similar to the opponents we're about to face

Pay the 06 players and all outstanding debts to all parties and apolagize to them and the public

Find a way to work with the Pro League to bring back the fans to the grounds for support

Restore the joy of football to the T&T public

Play de Fitball
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:01:58 AM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »
allow me please,

Stolen!

Yeah strt dey
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 10:10:42 AM »
allow me please,

Stolen!

Yeah strt dey

:beermug:

That's the first step before we do anything else!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 10:35:49 AM »
You need someone with alot of money to revive the TTFF.

The damage is done and it has reached a point where it is almost impossible to do anything.

Anyone who is willing to take over will have a tough job because Jack has buried his claws to deep.

Dont waste your time with this especially when no one is willing to step forward even for a challenge at this stage.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »

The damage is done and it has reached a point where it is almost impossible to do anything.

Anyone who is willing to take over will have a tough job because Jack has buried his claws to deep.

Dont waste your time with this especially when no one is willing to step forward even for a challenge at this stage.

Where have you been?! Jack is gone!! He has literally been banned from being involved in football!

Right now Jack could get into trouble for as little as buying one of his grand children a football for Christmas or watching a 5-a-side game down by the corner!

All we need is for Camps to do the honourable thing and the new committee being discussed proposed above can step in to save our football!

Please try to contribute your ideas!! The longest rope has an end and now is the time!!!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:49:17 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:26 AM »

That Movie Towne fella, anybody ever approach him?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »
Where have you been?! Jack is gone!! He has literally been banned from being involved in football!

Right now Jack could get into trouble for as little as buying one of his grand children a football for Christmas or watching a 5-a-side game down by the corner!

Yea right..... you should know better than that SP...

You feel Jack really gone and his entire regime is still there !!!!

FIFA will never know whats really going on in the TTFF behind de scenes....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 11:32:23 AM »
allow me please,

Stolen!

Yeah strt dey
       I will say start and finish right dey.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 11:52:21 AM »

:thumbsup: plain common sense,i like Sam's proposal for a new TTFF though. 

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 11:57:59 AM »
allow me please,

Stolen!

Yeah strt dey

It might be a start but it cannot finish there, back up to my earlier post. if we don't settle on a proper payment model for players that is understood and accepted upfront. We will continue to face situations like the one we are still trying to overcome with regard to agreed payments to players
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 12:10:53 PM »
allow me please,

Stolen!

Yeah strt dey

It might be a start but it cannot finish there, back up to my earlier post. if we don't settle on a proper payment model for players that is understood and accepted upfront. We will continue to face situations like the one we are still trying to overcome with regard to agreed payments to players

That is where the Player Association should step in.  TTFF by themselves not interested in any payment model or structure.  They want to be able to say if the game didn't draw a big crowd, then the players get small money.  If the game was big then they will pay the capped-off price...which is $200 a man.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 12:24:20 PM »
allow me please,

Stolen!

Yeah strt dey

That is where the Player Association should step in.  TTFF by themselves not interested in any payment model or structure.  They want to be able to say if the game didn't draw a big crowd, then the players get small money.  If the game was big then they will pay the capped-off price...which is $200 a man.
        I thought the MoS took over all payments directly,so i guess a different approach to paying players etc have been settled,the reason they can't touch the debt owed to the WC guys is because of the battle going on in the courts.I don't think Stern and these guys will get tied up again if there wasn't something substantial put in place.   
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:40:49 PM by Coop's »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 04:48:06 PM »
That is where the Player Association should step in.

Unfortunately there will never be an effective players association in TT football, as longer as the gov't sponsored teams play in the regular league. Their participation undermines the players effort to have a viable players association. Look how the Spaniards have their protest. Now Do you think DF, Police, WASA, TTEC, Prisons, Fire, Air Guard, WASA, Petrotrin could go on strike. They are employees of the state paid by taxpayers money not for football perse. Even though we know they were employed to play football. Now how do the soldiers get paid? Not by their rank. Lt, Captain, sgt, corp, etc. You think a private who is the top scorer in the league and on the national team, could tell the  DF coach that he want more money that capt Brown because he does full the HCS. Is the stockade in he arse.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 05:44:44 PM »
If you had a chance to rebuild the TTFF, what would you do? What changes/people and new ideas would you bring to make  a new and improved TTFF?.

good intention but the ttff will just sponge off the ideas and continue with the current admin in power and the inept all sport at their side which is basically a joint company with the govt and an extension of the ttff

giving the ttff great ideas will just strengthen their grip on local football, which is what we don't want

good intention flex but it will play against the fans more than benefit the progression of football

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 09:11:15 PM »

good intention but the ttff will just sponge off the ideas and continue with the current admin in power and the inept all sport at their side which is basically a joint company with the govt and an extension of the ttff

giving the ttff great ideas will just strengthen their grip on local football, which is what we don't want

good intention flex but it will play against the fans more than benefit the progression of football

Nah man, I disagree. If we are truly interested in the betterment of the football, then it shouldn't matter who implements these good ideas. BUT, i would wager that once these ideas are presented by this board, The TTFF is guaranteed not to implement them since they weren't their ideas. Don't even talk about the ideas that require accountability; they ain't touchin' dat!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 01:24:24 AM »

Nah man, I disagree. If we are truly interested in the betterment of the football, then it shouldn't matter who implements these good ideas. BUT, i would wager that once these ideas are presented by this board, The TTFF is guaranteed not to implement them since they weren't their ideas. Don't even talk about the ideas that require accountability; they ain't touchin' dat!
       Sometimes i wonder if we really want to be the voice of T&T Football when peeps acting like this,if we want change we have to give them the ideas we got or make the changes for ourselves,don't share our ideas, nobody wants to step up to the plate and expect progress to take place,are we for real?when will we start coming out of the hole we dug ourselves.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 10:05:36 AM »

Sometimes i wonder if we really want to be the voice of T&T Football when peeps acting like this,if we want change we have to give them the ideas we got or make the changes for ourselves,don't share our ideas, nobody wants to step up to the plate and expect progress to take place,are we for real?when will we start coming out of the hole we dug ourselves.

Once again Coop's, you very well know that Controv is delusional and don't speak on behalf of all of us on this board!

Stop trying to make us all look mad nah man?!!  ::)

Controv with those voices in his head speaks for himself only! His crazy controversial views do not represent the views of all on this forum!!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »
Hey Pro, ask him what he contributing....

Like he forgetting de tabanca he get from Jack and the TTFF he had to leave T&T.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »

Like he forgetting de tabanca he get from Jack and the TTFF he had to leave T&T.

I don't think he is that dumb, he must be just doing his best to live up to his name, that's all!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »

Tha's our problem right there,we still in the past why we can't go forward,we looking in our rear view mirrors too much.Is not i alone leave T&T,a lot of us did for different reasons why don't you ask them what they contributing?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »

everyone has their opinion, unlike socapro who has Zero ideas and Zero input other than ignorant rants

I have a lot of ideas and would only share it with an organization that listens first of all and also one that i support. when camps and the rest resign and a new fed is appointed i will share, other than that, why should people give their intellectual property to ungrateful admins

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 11:14:15 AM »

Once again Coop's, you very well know that Controv is delusional and don't speak on behalf of all of us on this board!

Stop trying to make us all look mad nah man?!!  ::)

Controv with those voices in his head speaks for himself only! His crazy controversial views do not represent the views of all on this forum!!

lets hear your abundance of ideas...

we are all waiting, you like to condemn but when asked to contribute you bring nothing to the table

still waiting to hear your creative ideas to turn around TT football but nothing yet, as usual, all talk and no action, better yet, no ideas

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »

everyone has their opinion, unlike socapro who has Zero ideas and Zero input other than ignorant rants

I have a lot of ideas and would only share it with an organization that listens first of all and also one that i support. when camps and the rest resign and a new fed is appointed i will share, other than that, why should people give their intellectual property to ungrateful admins

So you talking about ideas that you have that you won't tell anyone about the ideas that you have? Good.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »

So you talking about ideas that you have that you won't tell anyone about the ideas that you have? Good.

you really think trinis who have the ideas want to share it with camps and co?

you have to be joking, the more ideas you give the ttff, the better they will look, when they don't deserve to be there in the first place.

let the ttff come up with their own ideas and lets see what they do with all sport. lets see if they qualify this team for the world cup

with the amount of money being invested in the campaign, TT should finish in the top 3 teams and advance to brazil.

when i see a fed that i support, i will share my ideas, otherwise that ain't happening, there are too much ungrateful people in the tt football fraternity

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »

All we need is for Camps to do the honourable thing and the new committee being discussed proposed above can step in to save our football!

Please try to contribute your ideas!! The longest rope has an end and now is the time!!!  :beermug:

you speak about delusional, but your writing it time and time again.

what makes you think a new committee will be formed and the current ttff admin will step down?

the government has basically extended its hand to the ttff, essentially given them a lifeline with all sport being both an extension of the ttff and govt, in a JOINT effort.

the ttff admin are not going anywhere and neither are their supporters who vote for them in the regional associations

you saw what happened to look loy when he tried to run for the post, even if he succeeds he will be in the minority.

use your head for once, oh i forgot, that is not something you are use to doing  :o

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »
Contro what i come to realize is this,being unteen miles away with all these ideas will never work,the people on the ground at home,in the office every day,attending the meetings,voteing for who they want,seeing to it that their ideas are implimented etc etc they will always have the upper hand,people home must be don't even know who Contro and Soca is,waiting for that ragime to go not making sense,i want you all to take into consideration most of the TTFF administration have been there all their lives,it's their career/living where they going. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:17:17 PM by Coop's »

1]; } ?>