May 07, 2024, 11:07:53 AM

Author Topic: FIFA accredits 'Express' writer  (Read 3851 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA accredits 'Express' writer
« on: January 24, 2006, 08:34:44 PM »
FIFA accredits 'Express' writer

Wednesday, January 25th 2006

Express journalist Lasana Liburd will cover the 2006 World Cup in Germany after all.

FIFA, the world governing body for football, yesterday granted accreditation for the Express writer to cover the showcase tournament after he was initially denied the right to represent his employer by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF).

Press officer Dave Lamy had suggested last week that the T&TFF's decision to blank Liburd was the prerogative of its special advisor and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, while communications officer Shaun Fuentes said priority had to be given to "true supporters of the football team".

Warner, whose business dealings within the T&TFF were the feature of a three-part series by Liburd, also hinted that the decision to block Liburd was the local football body's response to the reporter's investigative articles.

Warner, who spoke to the press at the initiation of the FIFA Goal Project in Antigua last Friday, claimed that the series of articles regarding his involvement with the T&TFF were also an attack on FIFA and insisted he had the global body's full support.

"How could you attack the FIFA, Jack Warner and Blatter in the worse way and then want to cover the sport that these people administer?" Warner asked rhetorically.

Andreas Herren, FIFA's Media Department head, insisted that his employer had not used its influence to block the Express reporter and followed up by allowing Liburd to apply directly to FIFA-eight days after the global accreditation deadline.

Herren confirmed yesterday that FIFA would grant the reporter a press pass.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA accredits 'Express' writer
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 08:37:24 PM »
The battle continues. I wonder what is Jack next move.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 08:50:05 PM »
Interesting. The power of the persistent pen.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 08:57:11 PM »
This is a success story; and one of the more refreshing news  in a while. To see  a writer vindicated and  justice served is a  measure of democracy. The man  in doing his job and in advocating for justice, ethical actions and for the  rights of the 'common' man was chastised and  those in power used their authority to deny a man from doing his job was wrong.

It is with  hope and pride that this writer's plead has been answered so favourably.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 09:04:48 PM »
Give Jack de trinity Cross.

wey allyuh Jack supporters?

Shaun boy yuh starting tuh look real bad.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 09:07:32 PM by truetrini »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 10:01:59 PM »
It just confirms that evil will prevail when good people do nothing. FIFA had no choice other wise Jennings would have gotten more ammunition.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 10:10:57 PM »
Remember dis post?.....I called it.....Oct 31. 2005!

Tenorsaw:

Let me clarify the statement...or indeed clarify the meaning of of what I said regarding putting a muzzle on Jack's mouth.

I don't have a problem with Jack standing up for what is right...on the laws regarding players rights...playing under the rules and mandates of FIFA...Matter of fact...hell yes do what you need to do on behalf of T&T!  I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY!

What I do have a problem with....is the isms and skisms in realism and sensationalism of every fac*ing thing that seems to be an issue nowadays.

So in the last two weeks it was Nakid, then Jamaica, now Aston Villa...all kinda of distractions..the thing about it though...it is not as if it is the world that is against us...as much as we are against ourselves....Be positive people!

I am so happy that our coach and players are finding a way to stay focused amid all these perceived threats and bacchanal, that interestingly...seems all centered around one person.  I wonder who it is?

Listen...What does Jack mean that he going to "fight" for we?

Bredda there is such a thing as FIFA mandates...forgone conclusion...fight done even before it start.  Aston Villa does not have the right nor power to stop Samuel if he wants to play for we.  Book it...there is no fight....just implementation of the law!  Results will be in T&T's favour.

I have no reason to be against Jack...because he has done alot for T&T and yes... I also express and appreciate everything he has done for Concacaf and for our football association.  I aren't no hater.

But when I see unnecessary arrogance and stupidity...ah could call it out too.  Maybe it is overexuberance, emotions, political agenda or whatever....but the man talking...talking...talking...and some blind ass people quick to join on the band waggon in condemning...rediculing...crucifying anyone or anything that he feels paranoid about.

Some of us not waiting on "evidence" but acting on emotions...with opinions bordering horseassness...but yeah we so intelligent!

There is such a thing called precedent.  So ok...Jack try ah ting to get yellow cards abolished on both sides....FIFA applied the law...the mandate...what happen to de "fight?"

So who is Nakid?  Who is Jamaica? Who is Aston Villa?  Who is T&T?  Who is Blatter?  the list can go on and on...but rest assured...one day it will end.  I just hope...not prematurely...that is ...before we go to Germany.  

Trust me...I go as far back as 1973...seen it...felt it...tasted it....it was bitter.

Breds I doh even have 1 million much less 17...I don't have to smell shit, to recognize it though.  

So when you advise me think before I write....I advise you....read before you think!

Allyuh tink FIFA dotish?  When it comes down to it...no black stammering football imposter.....is going to diminish or cause self destruction to an organization that has so much to loose.  

Jack felt he was untouchable....FIFA is going to show him ...no individual is going to destroy the MAFIA...in other words...Jacks needs FIFA....FIFA does not necessarilly need Jack.

Luv U T&T

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 10:13:52 PM »
Remember dis post?.....I called it.....Oct 31. 2005!

Tenorsaw:

Let me clarify the statement...or indeed clarify the meaning of of what I said regarding putting a muzzle on Jack's mouth.

I don't have a problem with Jack standing up for what is right...on the laws regarding players rights...playing under the rules and mandates of FIFA...Matter of fact...hell yes do what you need to do on behalf of T&T!  I AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY!

What I do have a problem with....is the isms and skisms in realism and sensationalism of every fac*ing thing that seems to be an issue nowadays.

So in the last two weeks it was Nakid, then Jamaica, now Aston Villa...all kinda of distractions..the thing about it though...it is not as if it is the world that is against us...as much as we are against ourselves....Be positive people!

I am so happy that our coach and players are finding a way to stay focused amid all these perceived threats and bacchanal, that interestingly...seems all centered around one person.  I wonder who it is?

Listen...What does Jack mean that he going to "fight" for we?

Bredda there is such a thing as FIFA mandates...forgone conclusion...fight done even before it start.  Aston Villa does not have the right nor power to stop Samuel if he wants to play for we.  Book it...there is no fight....just implementation of the law!  Results will be in T&T's favour.

I have no reason to be against Jack...because he has done alot for T&T and yes... I also express and appreciate everything he has done for Concacaf and for our football association.  I aren't no hater.

But when I see unnecessary arrogance and stupidity...ah could call it out too.  Maybe it is overexuberance, emotions, political agenda or whatever....but the man talking...talking...talking...and some blind ass people quick to join on the band waggon in condemning...rediculing...crucifying anyone or anything that he feels paranoid about.

Some of us not waiting on "evidence" but acting on emotions...with opinions bordering horseassness...but yeah we so intelligent!

There is such a thing called precedent.  So ok...Jack try ah ting to get yellow cards abolished on both sides....FIFA applied the law...the mandate...what happen to de "fight?"

So who is Nakid?  Who is Jamaica? Who is Aston Villa?  Who is T&T?  Who is Blatter?  the list can go on and on...but rest assured...one day it will end.  I just hope...not prematurely...that is ...before we go to Germany.  

Trust me...I go as far back as 1973...seen it...felt it...tasted it....it was bitter.

Breds I doh even have 1 million much less 17...I don't have to smell shit, to recognize it though.  

So when you advise me think before I write....I advise you....read before you think!

Allyuh tink FIFA dotish?  When it comes down to it...no black stammering football imposter.....is going to diminish or cause self destruction to an organization that has so much to loose.  

Jack felt he was untouchable....FIFA is going to show him ...no individual is going to destroy the MAFIA...in other words...Jacks needs FIFA....FIFA does not necessarilly need Jack.

Luv U T&T

Take the Golden Jacket dey Sentinel  :applause: :applause:
I ain't see ya since dey passing of ya pops....how things sar?

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 10:40:58 PM »
Much love and respect to yuh meh lady....I really appreciate you being there for me....as part of the forum family.

I on here...everyday...for the last four or five years...but refuse to post most of the time....

Anyway....thanks again...stay beautiful and positive..

Respect...

Tony in Chicago

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 10:52:49 PM »
its good lisana get thru, why should de man get blocked for, warner want tuh devle into underhanded business, well pay de consequences and hush yuh mouth, lisana have belly  :beermug:

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 11:39:58 PM »
Sentinel. Iz u write that post or Tenorsaw? whoever it was.....good shit.....
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 12:00:23 AM »

Aye SOBRIQUET I just couldn't let this one go
GOOD SHIT ?  :rotfl: :rotfl:
jus now ah see dey word 'bamsee' and ah fall off meh chair now 'good shit'
Ah tired laugh yes...meh jaw hurting but....AH LOVE IT :beermug:

one thing i miss home (trinidad) for is the ole talk

Sentinel good to see ya man  :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Lasana Liburd to cover the 2006 World Cup in Germany after all.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 03:33:46 AM »
FIFA accredits 'Express' writer.
T&T Express Reports.
[/size]

Express journalist Lasana Liburd will cover the 2006 World Cup in Germany after all. FIFA, the world governing body for football, yesterday granted accreditation for the Express writer to cover the showcase tournament after he was initially denied the right to represent his employer by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF).
Press officer Dave Lamy had suggested last week that the T&TFF's decision to blank Liburd was the prerogative of its special advisor and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, while communications officer Shaun Fuentes said priority had to be given to "true supporters of the football team".
Warner, whose business dealings within the T&TFF were the feature of a three-part series by Liburd, also hinted that the decision to block Liburd was the local football body's response to the reporter's investigative articles.
Warner, who spoke to the press at the initiation of the FIFA Goal Project in Antigua last Friday, claimed that the series of articles regarding his involvement with the T&TFF were also an attack on FIFA and insisted he had the global body's full support.
"How could you attack the FIFA, Jack Warner and Blatter in the worse way and then want to cover the sport that these people administer?" Warner asked rhetorically.
Andreas Herren, FIFA's Media Department head, insisted that his employer had not used its influence to block the Express reporter and followed up by allowing Liburd to apply directly to FIFA-eight days after the global accreditation deadline. Herren confirmed yesterday that FIFA would grant the reporter a press pass.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lasana Liburd to cover the 2006 World Cup in Germany after all.
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 03:40:37 AM »
One of many victoried for Liburd... Good going man!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline ballfever

• Jr. Warrior
  • Dream d'dream, live d'game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 04:49:57 AM »
Andreas Herren, FIFA's Media Department head, insisted that his employer had not used its influence to block the Express reporter and followed up by allowing Liburd to apply directly to FIFA-eight days after the global accreditation deadline. Herren confirmed yesterday that FIFA would grant the reporter a press pass.
dis look like dey bend over backwards to prevent further embarassment, bcuz ah all d hype dis story get arready.
justice.....bittersweet, but justice. :thumbsup:
if yuh check mih heart in mih chest, mix up wit d'red blood, it have a black & white stripe somewhere in dey!.....long b4 foot ball,durin' world cup and after..T&T FOREVER! WE COUNTRY, WE SPIRIT,WE VIBES! WARRIOR NATION!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 05:00:53 AM »
Glad for de youth....

If priority had to be given to "true supporters of the football team" .... then Flex should be there, so that statement by Shaun is false.

A message for Jack Wanrer, maybe FIFA is run by Blatter and Warner but it doesn't mean you could tell a man not to watch, write or support the sport,,, you dont own it, you to dam fast....

How you got that position, is FIFA run like the TTFF where people get position out of the blues.... or do you have a voting pad to be voted in by the public or a large un-corrupted board.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:16:12 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 05:23:54 AM »

Aye SOBRIQUET I just couldn't let this one go
GOOD SHIT ?  :rotfl: :rotfl:
jus now ah see dey word 'bamsee' and ah fall off meh chair now 'good shit'
Ah tired laugh yes...meh jaw hurting but....AH LOVE IT :beermug:

one thing i miss home (trinidad) for is the ole talk

Sentinel good to see ya man  :beermug:

yuh ask andresamuel to use da line? :rotfl:

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 08:38:40 AM »
Ah glad too bad for Liburd. I hope that all the yes men and brown nosers in the TTFF, after they wipe the egg of of their faces, see the lesson in this.

Offline morgz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 03:37:27 PM »
tha is why Liburd need to keep the heat on Jack
as for shawn an lammy and the rest ah them we need
to invest in a reeal good proctologist for JAck
cause dem men head so far up he has we barely seeing they toes :devil:

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 03:52:41 PM »
 Pressure does buss pipe. Big up to Lasana.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 04:10:18 PM »
imagine Dave Lamy and all licking Jack bottom.  shameful.

Big up yuhself Lasana.  Show them how to do it the right way

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 04:38:01 PM »
imagine Dave Lamy and all licking Jack bottom.  shameful.

Big up yuhself Lasana.  Show them how to do it the right way

ENT?

Jack Bamsee must be have corn on it now from all de tonguing dem fellas doing.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 08:19:37 AM »
I really want LL and he boys to take on TTFF administration now.  To find out exactly what it is Camps does do.  He have to be collecting money under false pretenses...
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>