May 04, 2024, 03:39:06 PM

Author Topic: Which player will benefit the most and why?  (Read 3083 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Which player will benefit the most and why?
« on: December 10, 2005, 05:23:37 AM »
In all facets of the game, here we have a scenario where not only are we being EXPOSED as a nation but the WORTH of ALL of our players have APPRECIATED.

Which player from our current team do you think will BENEFIT the most after the WorldCup?

MY pick is Birchill... because is young(21) and PREMIERSHIP TEAMS go be SCOUTING he from today if they havent already
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Which player will benefit the most and why?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 05:46:31 AM »
I put this on another site -

"Since the draw was made for the World Cup, I've been thinking about this. Being in the same group as England is the best thing that could happen to him, and therefore Vale:

1) at present he's the only white player in the team, so he's a novelty - cue lots of telly coverage over here;
2) if he plays well in that group in particular, he's in the public eye, so a good move to the Premiership isn't out of the question

This all benefits both player and club. Vale will be in the public eye in the same way we were when we beat Spurs, Chris' value will rocket. I'd rather he stayed with Vale, obviously, but as Kirsty pointed out, Vale is and always will be (unless someone puts potloads of loot in) a selling club."
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 08:24:40 AM »
yuh i agree with you there unless some young player forces hi way into the squad only birchall will benifit .and probably spann to
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 08:53:14 AM »
yuh i agree with you there unless some young player forces hi way into the squad only birchall will benifit .and probably spann to

The local based men will benefit too.  Whitley may not be a "youngster" at 28 or so, but he will still get offers from European teams/and or the MLS with a good tournament.

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 09:05:44 AM »
I think both Birchall and Whitley would benefit after the world cup...

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 09:10:45 AM »
wow i didnt have a clue whitley was so old
if kenwyne and birchall have good tournaments it will deifnately be them

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 09:19:30 AM »
but the WORTH of ALL of our players have APPRECIATED.

this is not true. you would like to think that but seriously...prove it. if that were the case they would ALL already been fielding offers and getting more playing time for their clubs...and that is not happening.

look at past WCs. Even a big surprise like Senegal..only 3 or 4 players got a career boost from the WC. qualifying for the WC does not make our team nor most of our players any better in the eyes of foreign coaches...especially not the English based who they see week in week out anyway. I am not saying there is no extra exposure and no benefit...but it is nowhere near the scale that we seem to expect. if TnT does not get out the 1st round...noone will care..look at the teams that did not get out the first round in previous WCs...where are their players?

to answer your question...Birchall. He is a novelty on our team, and he alrady ahs a European passport. Also Carlos..premiership teams are already interested and he ahs proved himself at the 1st division and championship. A good showing at the WC is the final proof some coaches will need

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 10:06:03 AM »
Carlos is the man to benefit the most!  Cause he plays the style that brittish teams like! He runs the lines and crosses the ball.

Birchall too, but i dont think that he is premiership level.

spann and whitley are the other two players!

and fihlo, where did u get your facts from? senegal player's value skyrocketed after the world cup, and they are making a killing in the french leagues!  3 or 4? u mean 20 or 30.

but i see your point though, cause unless we go there and perform well, no one will care about us at all.  I know that qualifcation does not guarantee an appreciation of their value, but instead, it gives them an opportunity to showcase themselves to the world...its up to them to prove that they are good enough!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 10:10:20 AM »

this is not true. you would like to think that but seriously...prove it. if that were the case they would ALL already been fielding offers and getting more playing time for their clubs...and that is not happening.

look at past WCs. Even a big surprise like Senegal..only 3 or 4 players got a career boost from the WC. qualifying for the WC does not make our team nor most of our players any better in the eyes of foreign coaches...especially not the English based who they see week in week out anyway. I am not saying there is no extra exposure and no benefit...but it is nowhere near the scale that we seem to expect. if TnT does not get out the 1st round...noone will care..look at the teams that did not get out the first round in previous WCs...where are their players?

to answer your question...Birchall. He is a novelty on our team, and he alrady ahs a European passport. Also Carlos..premiership teams are already interested and he ahs proved himself at the 1st division and championship. A good showing at the WC is the final proof some coaches will need

Filho remember something 95% of senegals team at the time was already playing in france. the game was billed as France 1 vs France 2.
Its different for us as we have talented players who can make an impact on a stage that they haven't been given a chance to do before.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 10:13:29 AM »
yeah i doh tink birhcall is at de prem level yet but from 3 matches dey might not know da ;)

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 11:12:09 AM »
i will go with birchall.....   ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 02:32:42 PM »
and fihlo, where did u get your facts from? senegal player's value skyrocketed after the world cup, and they are making a killing in the french leagues!  3 or 4? u mean 20 or 30.

dread..before the WC2002, 20 out of 23 Senegalese players were already based in France and playing in the French 1st division. Some of them were French citizens wioth Senegalse ancestry. Patrick Vieira is an example of one who chose France instead. After the WC the vast majority did not get improved contracts.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 02:44:38 PM »
Carlos is the man to benefit the most!  Cause he plays the style that brittish teams like! He runs the lines and crosses the ball.

Birchall too, but i dont think that he is premiership level.

spann and whitley are the other two players!

but i see your point though, cause unless we go there and perform well, no one will care about us at all.  I know that qualifcation does not guarantee an appreciation of their value, but instead, it gives them an opportunity to showcase themselves to the world...its up to them to prove that they are good enough!

ah love it!!

If Carlos learns to be a more consistent crosser of the ball, the sky is the limit for him.  In my opinion, he and Whitley of the current team stand to gain the most in terms of foreign or higher division teams picking them up.   Not sure if Kenwyne or Cornell Glen will get much playing time, but especially Kenwyne if he does get some playing time may attract some interest as well.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 02:49:38 PM »
Interesting take: In applying FIFA rules for eligibility, if Birchall has a good showing, England could draft the man for the next World Cup campaign?

I say Carlos Edwards would stand to benefit a lot along with our younger players who may get a sniff at clubs in the U.K.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 03:02:58 PM »

Filho remember something 95% of senegals team at the time was already playing in france. the game was billed as France 1 vs France 2.
Its different for us as we have talented players who can make an impact on a stage that they haven't been given a chance to do before.

....i disagree. it is not that different for us. if anything it shows they had better quality players than we do and a better chance of moving on to even bigger clubs. many of our players are based in Scotland or England already. i doubt qualification alone, or even playing ok in the WC will improve their status. we need to exceed the world's expectations....and even then, only a few might benefit. you just have to look at past WCs and you will see the trend. but i couldnot be happier to be proven wrong...i mightn't sound like the most optimistic person all the time, but i want to see our football soar after this WC

bless

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 03:06:06 PM »
Interesting take: In applying FIFA rules for eligibility, if Birchall has a good showing, England could draft the man for the next World Cup campaign?

nope...so long as you have played for the senior team of one country your cannot play for another. only those who have played at junior level for one country can switch to the senior team of another if they make the switch before their 21st birthday

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2005, 03:31:19 PM »
There is one problem for us. Age. Half the team is over 28. the older boys probably wont attract big clubs, but birchall and carlos should get some attention. Whitley has a chance but again age.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 08:15:19 PM »
Birchall an Hardest. An doh tell meh nothing bout if he(Hardest) make de team, he making dat team, talk done.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>