May 05, 2024, 03:44:07 PM

Author Topic: remedy for faking  (Read 1692 times)

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
remedy for faking
« on: July 01, 2006, 10:58:16 AM »
yeah fellas, i aint really no big advocate of using technology in football,but the faking injury ting getting kinda played out. wha allyuh fellas think of this remedy, as ah man fake ah injury and start rolling around the field, the other side for fair play puporses kicks out the ball so that the referee could attend to the 'injured' player, the 4th or 5th official should be able to consult replays so that he can determine if the player is indeed faking an injury or is truly injured. the ball is normally out of play for a minute anyways,this should give the official enough time to make a ruling, and if the player is indeed faking he should be given a yellow card for time wasting, if he is truly injured because he was fouled he should be given a free kick.what allyuh fellas think!
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: remedy for faking
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 01:06:03 PM »
nah boss all dem technology wud spoil de game. diving, fakin injury, cheatin is all part of de game, with out all these foul offences what wud be left tuh cuss about after de game, it's all part of de excitment fuh me yes. One of de highlights of dis world cup for me was seein cyd gray bein carried off by a stretcher against sweden  ;D
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 08:41:27 PM »
ok i have a solution to diving: something similar was actually proposed in my local newspaper, but i think this version is even better:

i think that if a player is down on the field of play, and is not able to stand up within 10 seconds, then he should not be allowed on the pitch for the next 2 minutes of play, the second time around he cannot be allowed on the field of play for 5 minutes, and the third time and any time after, 10 minutes. if an injured  player is substituted, then his "injury time" won't roll over to his substitute.

i figure that if faking injury could actually hurt one's team, then there'd be a whole lot less of it going on

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 10:20:47 PM »
ok i have a solution to diving: something similar was actually proposed in my local newspaper, but i think this version is even better:

i think that if a player is down on the field of play, and is not able to stand up within 10 seconds, then he should not be allowed on the pitch for the next 2 minutes of play, the second time around he cannot be allowed on the field of play for 5 minutes, and the third time and any time after, 10 minutes. if an injured  player is substituted, then his "injury time" won't roll over to his substitute.

i figure that if faking injury could actually hurt one's team, then there'd be a whole lot less of it going on

As much as this might sound  as a good idea,really, it would be hard to put a time on a injury.Say a man really get hurt,no faking, it is not fair or right to determine when he shud get up becuz no one really know how much pain he's in and to penalize him becuz he eh get up before 10 seconds cud never be right,this eh no heavy weight fight.
I do agree that something has to be done, is big hard back men falling just so wen ah man touch dem and it getting outta hand and sickening now becuz yuh cyar tell who faking from who real and it killing de flow of de game.   
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 11:27:11 PM »
As much as this might sound as a good idea,really, it would be hard to put a time on a injury.Say a man really get hurt,no faking, it is not fair or right to determine when he shud get up becuz no one really know how much pain he's in and to penalize him becuz he eh get up before 10 seconds cud never be right,this eh no heavy weight fight.
I do agree that something has to be done, is big hard back men falling just so wen ah man touch dem and it getting outta hand and sickening now becuz yuh cyar tell who faking from who real and it killing de flow of de game.

I agree...no one knows the pain anyone else feels, however, the purpose of such a rule would be to penalize those players that get a small tap, and then writhe and scream on the ground for minutes at a time as if both legs are broke, not to put a cap on recovering from injuries. If a player is truly injured, he will probably take longer than 10 seconds to get up off the ground, and he may or may not need 2 minutes to recover or be tended to on the sideline. If a man was to fake injury and stay down on the ground for say, 30 seconds, and then get stretchered off the pitch, he would be hurting his team more than helping them by being an able body that is leaving his squad shorthanded for 2 minutes or more.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 03:36:41 PM »
As much as this might sound as a good idea,really, it would be hard to put a time on a injury.Say a man really get hurt,no faking, it is not fair or right to determine when he shud get up becuz no one really know how much pain he's in and to penalize him becuz he eh get up before 10 seconds cud never be right,this eh no heavy weight fight.

I agree...no one knows the pain anyone else feels, however, the purpose of such a rule would be to penalize those players that get a small tap, and then writhe and scream on the ground for minutes at a time as if both legs are broke, not to put a cap on recovering from injuries. If a player is truly injured, he will probably take longer than 10 seconds to get up off the ground, and he may or may not need 2 minutes to recover or be tended to on the sideline. If a man was to fake injury and stay down on the ground for say, 30 seconds, and then get stretchered off the pitch, he would be hurting his team more than helping them by being an able body that is leaving his squad shorthanded for 2 minutes or more.

in the refereeing/officiating circle they have this concept of a "sin bin" - taking an offending player out of the game for 5/10 minutes much like hockey's penalty box. it seems they've been trying out different systems like this - soon they might be calling power plays and short handed goals. imho, this is the wrong direction for football.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 03:40:04 PM »
ah was trying to find something on technology that would help detect diving. the only thing i've found so far is a reference to contact-sensitive kits. but i'm wondering if there is anything to detect contact between players using something like the nick-o-meter used in cricket. e.g. detect player contact by audible means instead of visual.

anyone read anything like this or related?  ???

1]; } ?>