May 04, 2024, 04:31:53 PM

Author Topic: Brazilian players playing for everywhere now  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brazilian players playing for everywhere now
« on: June 23, 2005, 02:02:13 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4107528.stm

Japan, some in de Middle East, Mexico, now Angola (former Portuguese colony) and what about we?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Brazilian players playing for everywhere now
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 07:10:01 PM »
It is with great respect that I   make the inquiry as to the talent, avaliability, and possibility of Joe Louis Seabra , the Brazilian who had indicated a desire to play for TNT.

I noticed the Mexican team has a Brazialian playing for them and it appears to me that has a player who looks either  of mixed heritage or of a nationality other than your typical Japanese. Does anyone know the status of Seabra?  Would he be an asset to our team?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 01:43:14 AM »
Nah,

Seabra can't get the passport in time.

In the last WC there were 11 Brazilians NOT playing for Brz.

That included countries such as Cost Rica and Japan.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 01:55:31 AM »
Vb,
Do you think it is a matter of him getting a passport or is he not seen as a formidable player that could make a differance?

Consider the fact the Chris Birchall did get his passport  in a most expedient  time.

Now I realize that Birchall has a maternal link to Trinidad but does Seabra not meet the residency requirements? I am thinking that if he  was a player that would make a major impact, he would be on the squad.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 09:45:49 AM »

Seabra just got his residency but to get citizenship he has to wait a further 7 years after getting residency.
If he had his residency from the start then the time to wait would be less but no-one was thinking about that before.

Common sense would say they would shorten the 7 years since he has been here so long but I don't think th powers that be want him to get citizenship or play for T&T.

The other Brazilian is married to a Trini woman and has expressed a willingness to play for us but I don't know much more about him.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Citizenship Laws
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 10:16:22 AM »
Now I realize that Birchall has a maternal link to Trinidad but does Seabra not meet the residency requirements?

CITIZENSHIP: (HCE) Citizenship is based upon the Citizenship Act of August 30, 1962 (Independence Day) and the revised Constitution, dated 1976. All persons who were granted citizenship at the time of Independence remained citizens under the 1976 Constitution. (Commonwealth Nation)

BY BIRTH: Child born in Trinidad, on or after August 30, 1962, regardless of the nationality of the parents. The exception is a child born to foreign diplomatic personnel, neither of whom is a citizen of Trinidad.

BY DESCENT: Child born abroad on or after August 30, 1962, either of whose parents are citizens of Trinidad.

The following are eligible for citizenship by registration:

- Commonwealth citizens, citizens of Ireland, British Protected Persons (BPP) and foreign husbands of Trinidadian wives who are of good character, know English, have resided for five years and have renounced previous citizenship.

- Foreign woman who marries a citizen of Trinidad, dating back to before August 30, 1962 and continuing to the present.

BY NATURALIZATION: Trinidadian citizenship may be acquired upon fulfillment of the following conditions: Person is of good character, knows English, has resided for eight years, plans to continue to reside in Trinidad and has renounced former citizenship. This also applies to foreign husbands of Trinidadian wives not eligible for citizenship by registration.

DUAL CITIZENSHIP: RECOGNIZED.

Exception: Effective July 29, 1988, citizens by birth or descent were permitted to hold dual citizenship. Persons before that date, who lost citizenship or renounced it, may reapply for their citizenship.

Dual citizenship is not recognized in the case of naturalized or registered citizens.

LOSS OF CITIZENSHIP:

VOLUNTARY: Voluntary renunciation of Trinidadian citizenship is permitted by law. Contact the Embassy for details and required paperwork.

INVOLUNTARY: The following are grounds for involuntary loss of Trinidadian citizenship by naturalization or registration:

- Citizenship was obtained through fraud or false statements.

- Person voluntarily acquires a foreign citizenship.

- Person continues to exercise the rights and privileges of a citizen of the former country.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 05:29:34 PM »
How long Seabra livin here now?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>