May 18, 2024, 10:24:20 AM

Author Topic: Will Mexico Crush JA Hopes?  (Read 12231 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Will Mexico Crush JA Hopes?
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:18:50 PM »
What Yu Guys think.. I dont see Jamaica beating Canada by more than 4 goals so 8 is out of the question.. but you guys think Mexico will spoil JA chances by playing for a tie In Honduras? We all KNow Honduras are Notorious Practice champions and Chokers . I am thinking Mexico will play the same style they played against Jamaica in de 98 qualifiers where Mexico just Kicked back and observed while Jamaica did de same thing.  This is going to be a good game . I hope and Pray dat Mexico beats Honduras .
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Will Mexico Crush JA Hopes?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 01:48:22 PM »
What Yu Guys think.. I dont see Jamaica beating Canada by more than 4 goals so 8 is out of the question.. but you guys think Mexico will spoil JA chances by playing for a tie In Honduras? We all KNow Honduras are Notorious Practice champions and Chokers . I am thinking Mexico will play the same style they played against Jamaica in de 98 qualifiers where Mexico just Kicked back and observed while Jamaica did de same thing.  This is going to be a good game . I hope and Pray dat Mexico beats Honduras .
war..

Mexico has all but qualified.  They'll play most of all to avoid losing to ensure themselves the one point they need to be absolutely sure of qualifying.

Hard luck jamaica.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 01:49:48 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 01:49:51 PM »
The ball is round... the game is 90 minutes... etc, etc...
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 01:53:41 PM »
All JA has to do is beat the canucks and hope for the best...I think JA is the last thing on Mexico mind right now.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 01:56:30 PM »
sven cyah chill. he job done under pressure.

i calling a tie for hon-mex.

i hope d yardies get thru but ah doh think it happening.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 02:04:35 PM »
warmonga jamaica should focus on canada
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 02:57:56 PM »
warmonga jamaica should focus on canada
  I think you all should not focus on Jamaica period . Honduras is a better team than Mexico ,
atleast in the early part of the Tournament , but the mexicans press and football fraternity are not
happy about that , as far a Jamaica-Canada goes I think 8 is too much , but ~ (5) is possible  :whip: :wavetowel: 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 03:37:13 PM »
If the game in Honduras, Mexico is not a sure winner. JA just have to beat Canada and hope for the best.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »
First of all war, mexico in a real volitile situation with 10 points , hun 9pts, ja7pt, if ja buss canada which is more than likely to happen, then they are also on 10 pts with mexico, and hunduras loss they would remain on 9.

i think mexico will want to eliminate the threat of hundurus standing in the way of them making the hex as well as removing hunduras for a beatable opponent in JA for the hex.

this game is ah must win for mexico since i don't think they want to cut it that close.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 03:45:37 PM »
First of all war, mexico in a real volitile situation with 10 points , hun 9pts, ja7pt, if ja buss canada which is more than likely to happen, then they are also on 10 pts with mexico, and hunduras loss they would remain on 9.

i think mexico will want to eliminate the threat of hundurus standing in the way of them making the hex as well as removing hunduras for a beatable opponent in JA for the hex.

this game is ah must win for mexico since i don't think they want to cut it that close.

Just cool not sure what you mean by "ja buss canada which is more than likely to happen"...you talkin bout the same canada that drew mexico recently?
and I really beleieve honduras wont want to cut it that loose with mexico either, knowing that Ja may beat canada therefore leaving them tie with ja on points..so Honduras playing at home will be taking this game very seriously also and i wont be surprise if they beat this mexican team in their own backyard
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 03:56:15 PM by Sando prince »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »

Just cool not sure what you mean by "ja buss canada which is more than likely to happen"...you talkin bout the same canada that drew mexico recently?
and I really beleieve honduras wont want to cut it that loose with mexico either knowing that Ja may be canada therefore leaving them tie with ja on points..so Honduras playing at home will be taking this game very seriously also and i wont be surprise if they beat this mexican team in their own backyard
It's extremly hard to beat JA @ the office, hence the quote "more than likely to happen" as yuh see they buss mexico and hunduras @ home.

i believe mexico would not want to bank on canada to beat JA @ the office where they have ah winning record. i think mexico would want to beat hunduras convincingly and not have to depend on their goal average to take them to the hex since it's not inprobable for JA to beat cananda 8-0. stranger things have happened, forinstance Argentina - peru 10 -0.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »
Remember in de 2001 qualifiers we beat Canada 4-0 so a big win for Jamaica is not far fetched.  If Jamaica get one or two early goals it might deflate Canada and open de flood gates for Jamaica.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 04:28:23 PM »
Remember in de 2001 qualifiers we beat Canada 4-0 so a big win for Jamaica is not far fetched.  If Jamaica get one or two early goals it might deflate Canada and open de flood gates for Jamaica.

Unlike us, I don't think either Canada or Jamaica retained any of their players since 2001 WCQ (Maybe Ricketts and Burton), so I don't think our result vs Canada has any bearing ... but I think all three teams will be going ftw.
I see Mex beating Honduras cuz there's no way Sven will play for a draw or lose, otherwise he will have to deal with the further wrath of the Mex press and federation. Besides that, if they draw - the pressure for Mexico to beat Honduras twice in the hex will be insane.

I think Jamaica will win comfortably at home ... so it will be tough, but Honduras is going home.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 04:29:30 PM »

Jamaica cannot beat Canada by 4 clear goals no matter what team Canada bring.

Mark it down.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »

Mark it down.
   IF trinidad have done it , why not Jamaica ? .  :whip:

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 04:37:08 PM »
With Sven's job under pressure. He is looking to call up all the Euro players and some of Mexico's best local players for the November 19 clash. Possibly, a squad of 22 to 23 players. And with Mexico going 2 games without a victory is unthinkable to their nation.

Now, no country wants to be embarassed, but this present Reggae Boyz squad have the ability and belief to score 6 or more goals against Canada.

jjbrown

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 04:39:37 PM »

Mark it down.

Aside from the fact that it's a completely different Canadian team now as back then, Jamaica simply doesn't have the firepower.  They have players who can penetrate but generally can't score.

There's a reason they've scored 3 goals in 5 games in this qualifying.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »
Both Mex and Hon know that the best result for both is a stalemate...a draw,that rules out Jamaica unless they can score an 8 -0 win against Canada.Dont write off Canada just yet,they have the players to beat anybody in CONCACAF and is due a good match.They looked good against Mexico recently,remember too the Spanish speaking teams always help out each other.I remember only too well how Costa Rica tried to help Guatemala but they didn't figure on us beating Mexico.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »
With Sven's job under pressure. He is looking to call up all the Euro players and some of Mexico's best local players for the November 19 clash. Possibly, a squad of 22 to 23 players. And with Mexico going 2 games without a victory is unthinkable to their nation.

Now, no country wants to be embarassed, but this present Reggae Boyz squad have the ability and belief to score 6 or more goals against Canada.

You fool yuhself with dah dotish talk bout Sven under pressure in he job.  De man mekkin 15 million guaranteed....yuh tink he feelin pressure?  Leh dem fire him nah.....he still colleckin he money.

Steupes.  Who under pressure is Tappa....not Sven.

But you so need to grasp to whatever straws yuh could.  Desperation does do dat to yuh.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 04:44:59 PM »

Mark it down.

Aside from the fact that it's a completely different Canadian team now as back then, Jamaica simply doesn't have the firepower.  They have players who can penetrate but generally can't score.

Bahamas college team beat Jamaica in Haiti 1 nil ,
what was the score in Kingston ?. :whip: :wavetowel:

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 04:46:18 PM »
JA and Mexico winning on de 19th.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »

Mark it down.

what was the score? .... btw - were they playing a Jca college team?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 04:50:39 PM »

Leh we bet nah... 8)

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 04:52:11 PM »

Mark it down.

what was the score? .... btw - were they playing a Jca college team?
my argument make sense , he said Jamaica cannot fire up !
a prelude of what to come . Ja u23 have beaten Jamaica men team many times.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 05:03:18 PM by CaribMan »

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 04:55:06 PM »

Leh we bet nah... 8)
   it's illegal to bet here in the states via internet .sorry.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 05:00:39 PM »

Leh we bet nah... 8)

Is ah bet Palos. Ah goh send yuh ah 20.00US if JA lose on de 19th, but ah want one of yuh many fine lady friends if dey win (doh tell meh yuh doh have none- remember ah know yuh well, and men like us cah change) -Deal or no deal?  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »

Leh we bet nah... 8)

Is ah bet Palos. Ah goh send yuh ah 20.00US if JA lose on de 19th, but ah want one of yuh many fine lady friends if dey win (doh tell meh yuh doh have none- remember ah know yuh well, and men like us cah change) -Deal or no deal?  :beermug:

Doh try dat bro.  Ah seein a CONCSPICUOUS ABSENCE of MEXICO in dah equation.

Yuh say jamaica AND Mexico winnin on Nov 19.

If eedah one or both a dem doh win...I win de bet.

Deal?  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 05:09:35 PM »

Leh we bet nah... 8)
   it's illegal to bet here in the states via internet .sorry.

I not in de states.  Dat "illegality" doh apply to me.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 05:11:18 PM »
Aslo it depends on the team Canada sends if canada brings de guzman serioux and  they have nothing to play for they will go down swinging ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>