May 11, 2024, 11:24:13 PM

Author Topic: Leon notable omission from Latapy 20.  (Read 6074 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Leon notable omission from Latapy 20.
« on: July 19, 2010, 06:52:55 AM »
Leon notable omission from Latapy 20
T&T Guardian Reports.

W Connection midfielder Clyde Leon is the only notable omission from a 20-man squad announced by head coach Russell Latapy for Wednesday’s friendly international against Antigua/Barbuda at the Marvin Lee Stadium from 6 pm.

The 20 players will assemble for a training session today at the match venue but Leon has been forced out because of a leg muscle injury.

Latapy will have the return of Joe Public striker Kerry Baptiste, midfielder Trent Noel, Hayden Tinto and Robert Primus after they missed the friendly against Chile because of club commitments.

The others selected include Defence Force duo Devon Jorsling and Kevon Carter, Ataullah Guerra, Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip, Hughtun Hector, Densill Theobald, Jason Marcano as well as young Ma Pau FC midfielder Devon Jamerson who made his international debut in the 2-0 loss to Chile in Iquique.

Team manager David Muhammad said team officials expect a good account. “We realise some of the players on the Antigua squad have been playing in the T&T Pro League and they will be very eager to show themselves up against our players.

The game is part of preparations for our Digicel Caribbean Championship preparation and we will be using the opportunity to see how the players have progressed so far and of course we are also welcoming the return of some of the players who were not with us for the match against Chile.”

T&T jumped 19 spots to 74th on the latest Fifa world rankings released last week. Meantime, the Antigua/Barbuda Football Association also announced its squad which will be captained by George Dublin. It also includes Gayson Gregory and Ranja Christian. Rowen Benjamin is Antigua’s head coach.

Teams

T&T Squad:

Goalkeepers - Jan Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillip (Joe Public).

Defenders - Makan Hislop (Joe Public), Robert Primus (Jabloteh) Keston Williams (Defence Force), Kern Cupid (W Connection), Aklie Edwards (Defence Force).

Midfielders - Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Shahdon Winchester (W Connection), Devon Jamerson (Ma Pau FC), Keron Cummings (W Connection), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Trent Noel (Joe Public), Ataullah Guerra, Kevon Carter (Defence Force), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public).

Forwards - Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Jason Marcano (San Juan Jabloteh), Matthew Bartholomew (W Connection), Devon Jorsling (Defence Force).

Antigua/Barbuda Squad:

Goalkeepers - George Dublin , Molvin James, Javid Joseph.

Defenders - Roy Gregory, Akeem Thomas, Dave Carr, Damien Farrell and Karanja Mack.

Midfielders - Tamarley Thomas, Quinton Griffith, Lawson Robinson, Desmond Bleau, Teran Williams and Orlando Peters.

Forwards - Jamie Thomas, Gason Gregory, Ranja Christian and Randolph Burton.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:56:31 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leon notable omission from Latapy 20.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:06:15 AM »
hmmm have to see if i could make it there for the game!
Back in Trini...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:13:26 AM »
There is that name again - Densill Theobald .................. noooooooooo........

I heard Leon is in the UK on trials.

Old man Trent still making we national team, in 2014 he should be about 40, like we looking for the next Roger Miller.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 09:01:11 AM »
Only disappointment for me is the omission of Jean Luc Rochford. Thought it would be good for him to get a run out, bring more youth into the fold.

Otherwise no surprises, well not sure what role Trent playing. I actually don't have too much of a problem with him in the squad, it's more of how the coach uses him. He has some experience and could bring along some of the inexperienced players in the squad.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »
the thing is if Latas has 2 year to build the nucleus of team 2014, older players as in the early/mid thirties fellas should be having less of an impact on the team, I personally would go for the the youngest team possible,  and yes I realize some favorites will be left behind, but if we doh go wit youth NOW we risk fielding another geriatric team for 2014, man jump dong pacho troat when he try it,....is d timin was off, but is time to grow some balls, an start minimizin d role of dem twilight men or cut dem altogether.....an yes dat mean findin ah suitable replacement for carlos too...........dat an Latas need to drop dat love affair with Densil, he just doh have d guts for international football, he look like he jus too full ah self doubt, an dat cyar be good for ah team "engine room".

I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:41:04 AM »
Only disappointment for me is the omission of Jean Luc Rochford. Thought it would be good for him to get a run out, bring more youth into the fold.

Otherwise no surprises, well not sure what role Trent playing. I actually don't have too much of a problem with him in the squad, it's more of how the coach uses him. He has some experience and could bring along some of the inexperienced players in the squad.

holding mid, hes maybe replacing leon in that position, thats probably why he was included.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 09:43:40 AM »
Kern Cupid and Akile Edwards I already not feelin 100% dat go make meh cross d line ovah 2 sick. So I go pass till Aug just because is dem Yard men.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 09:57:04 AM »
Kern Cupid and Akile Edwards I already not feelin 100% dat go make meh cross d line ovah 2 sick. So I go pass till Aug just because is dem Yard men.

if d rumours true an' is 3-5-2 hje go be playin flankin mid an' not fullback.............ah tink he actually decent in dat position not world beatin, jus decent
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »

if d rumours true an' is 3-5-2 hje go be playin flankin mid an' not fullback.............ah tink he actually decent in dat position not world beatin, jus decent

D fella does play dat position 4 he club is on d DUMBTIST had use him in dat position I would have had less gray hair.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 11:16:11 AM »
latapy have a love affair with Theobald and Devon jamerson....jamerson eh make a start or a sub  appearance for ma pau in the past 6-7 weeks  but making the  national team ... An if you notice is the same crop of players latapy have training since he release the list on his reappointment ...  Peltier and Elton John etc would never  get a chance period ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 11:34:18 AM »
latapy have a love affair with Theobald and Devon jamerson....jamerson eh make a start or a sub  appearance for ma pau in the past 6-7 weeks  but making the  national team ... An if you notice is the same crop of players latapy have training since he release the list on his reappointment ...  Peltier and Elton John etc would never  get a chance period ...

Yea, I cannot understand why Jamison gets a pick but he not even playin alot for his club....

And to d earlier poster, Leon is not away...He was in d session ...He was the one doing the work with the trainer on the side...He has an injury

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »

Yea, I cannot understand why Jamison gets a pick but he not even playin alot for his club....

And to d earlier poster, Leon is not away...He was in d session ...He was the one doing the work with the trainer on the side...He has an injury

even primus lost his starting spot at jabloteh !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 03:27:56 PM »
The man injured. The headline make it sound like he got dropped because of poor performance.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 03:39:47 PM »
Never supported Latapy as coach for T&T and never will, he picking d same players all d time. Cyrus played very well against Chile and lost his spot to dat shithound Aklie Edwards. We need a YOUNG team with a FEW experienced heads. I hope we dont qualify for the gold cup just so we can get rid of latapy. Peter Granville could pick a better national team than latas. Terry Fenwick is an ideal coach for us

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 03:45:49 PM »
There is that name again - Densill Theobald .................. noooooooooo........

I heard Leon is in the UK on trials.

Old man Trent still making we national team, in 2014 he should be about 40, like we looking for the next Roger Miller.
but who go carry the water cooler?  :devil:

btw come on Prime Minister Warner, Beenhakker is available and you have the black cheque of the treasury.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:47:24 PM by Babalawo »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 04:00:26 PM »
Love this kid kern cupid. he's speedy very good going forward and wid ah little more playing time in ah proficient league could become one of the best full backs for ah long time, primus is also ah bright spark, but these kids need tuh leff TNT and go out in the land of defenders tuh learn their trade better.

PS:  LEON IS AH GOAT!!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 04:08:56 PM »
any east based folks...de traffic ease up as school closed ??..trying to work out what time to leave santa cruz ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »
We need new blood, if we are to make an impact...

I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »
New blood without experience to guide them along will only learn to lose together.

I believe you need a blend of youth and experience in ANY national team.

People bawl how Germany was young & great in this WC and they were, but without men like Lahm, Mertersacker, Friedrich, Klose, Scweinsteiger, Podolski etc...who are ALL experienced international players, where would they have been?

T&T doesn't have a limitless talent supply.  We are not in a position to discard players like a Trent Noel who still have plenty to offer the national team.  The man was the PFL MVP 2 seasons ago.  Yuh cyah discard him jes so.

Besides....at least he seem to have he papers in order and doh have a ban on he enterin a particular country.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 04:54:57 PM »
Never supported Latapy as coach for T&T and never will, he picking d same players all d time. Cyrus played very well against Chile and lost his spot to dat shithound Aklie Edwards. We need a YOUNG team with a FEW experienced heads. I hope we dont qualify for the gold cup just so we can get rid of latapy. Peter Granville could pick a better national team than latas. Terry Fenwick is an ideal coach for us

but isn't that what a core nucleus is ??? , d problem wit latas approach is dat d fellas dat always gettin pick feel more like he limin partners, dat gettin ah constant bligh dan ah strong foundation on which to build, you need look no further than d rumours dat players does be class separated on planes going to away games, to get d notion dat Latas may know a bit about football, but very little about TEAM building..............like it have ah inner circle in d team an' outsiders, not GOOD for team spirit :( , If u yuh is d boss yuh is d boss and part ah dat is keepin egos in check not inflatin dem
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 05:03:52 PM »
New blood without experience to guide them along will only learn to lose together.

I believe you need a blend of youth and experience in ANY national team.

People bawl how Germany was young & great in this WC and they were, but without men like Lahm, Mertersacker, Friedrich, Klose, Scweinsteiger, Podolski etc...who are ALL experienced international players, where would they have been?

T&T doesn't have a limitless talent supply.  We are not in a position to discard players like a Trent Noel who still have plenty to offer the national team.  The man was the PFL MVP 2 seasons ago.  Yuh cyah discard him jes so.

Besides....at least he seem to have he papers in order and doh have a ban on he enterin a particular country.

I agree wit everyting yuh sayin, d problem is we have ah culture of suppressing youth in dis country...d "daddy mentality" I does call it, it does count everyting from witholdin knowledge to underminin progress to protect yuh patch of grass, I does see it in d public service everyday, where if man had dey way we would still be using outdated systems so dem would feel relevant without havin to do d work to stay relevant.
I pity the fool....

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 05:21:02 PM »
Theobald has what like a decade playing for trinidad, seems longer lol Theo make your country proud, hang up your boots please...you had your chance,,,pave the way for others...if it didn't happen by now..it aint gonna happen

poor latas met the boy at falkirk trial and he has been bleeding him since  lawrd

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 06:17:15 PM »
latas had an inner circle on the 2006 squad and previous sqauds as well so dont expect anything different now he is the coach.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
 Who would you say is our best player at the moment? A leader figure? A player that you can count on to be at his best on a consistent level, he can be from any position, a stand out person you would pay to go see in any kit born in TNT.

For me this player is undoubtedly Carlos Edwards followed closely by Chris now that Latas number one on my list followed by Yorke also hung up his boots. The majority of people here would agree that Latas and Yorke may never be replaced not only internationally either. We know this.
Candidates for Captaincy is the first step in creating a team, the other is a solid backline so you don't collect four in Honduras or was it five? Also I fine that Kerry Baptiste is a very good candidate for Captain as well and he is local too.
The Captain is the most important figure in the team.
Who is our Captain these days?

It is really sad the national team is suffering financially when little things such as stabilizing a natural solution for our defense with a number number keeper. I remember the Marvin Andrews days.. he was like a rock! We need another rock like that. Latapy if you reading this you know what you need to do man, jus do it, switch kits if you have to!

Rochford dont know why he not in the squad maybe fitness or otherwise... Who knows? The other problem.. Where is the freaking coverage for this stuff? Is the TTFA media capable of covering the local and foriegn base players, they must not be getting paid but taking trips to South Africa/Driving new Hondas(how do i know this lol).

I feel if people actually start doing their jobs the respective organizations will have funds to cover their checks. The first excuse is : We not getting paid for doing this, take what you get. I am a camera man and this is my hobbie/stepping stone job for bigger things. Enough with this. TTFA Media if you are reading please more coverage on everything TT football. If Latas take a dump in the lawn because he cant find a toilet WE WANT TO KNOW.

... I'm hungry more later... stay tuned :)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 06:48:51 PM »
anything less than a 3 nil victory is considered a failure for me. i demand quality, no more 1 nil and 2-1 win over small teams. Mexico and d US could pull up a small team and give Antigua/Barbuda 10 GOALS why cant we.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »
anything less than a 3 nil victory is considered a failure for me. i demand quality, no more 1 nil and 2-1 win over small teams. Mexico and d US could pull up a small team and give Antigua/Barbuda 10 GOALS why cant we.

I don't think we need such a victory, remember we playing an away match and we are a Caribbean nation. We need to represent the colors with dignity. A nice sound 2-0 or even a well fought 1-0 would do and not dishonor the home crowd, always respect your opposition no matter how small you think they are, on the field it's eleven versus eleven.  Even if there is a football god is rarely  credits the unworthy.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »
, remember we playing an away match and we are a Caribbean nation.

We are??  I think DHW was referring to the Antigua match and that is being play here not so??   :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
yeh is a home game, i say we roast them , and teach dem doh come in we yard and expect to win  >:( , is about time now, imagine Bermuda could come Trinidad and believe they could beat we WTF, which they did.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 08:12:47 PM »
Sighs.. iz ah freaking home game..

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 10:33:02 PM »
I on vacation from football. The wc just done. All I know is ttff have plenty work to do so I eh go try and figure out who need to be playing for the national team now.. cause in two years time things will be different. Too much speculation on here. I not wasting my time bout those things at the moment. T&T didn't play for a while and jump 19 places up in FIFA rankings so politics in the mix and players getting contracts over seas is well within the national fold.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:22:20 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>