May 03, 2024, 11:41:21 AM

Author Topic: FLOW is D WORSE  (Read 20875 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FLOW is D WORSE
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »
I stay away from DirecTV primarily because of weather issues. There is nothing worse than being stuck home during bad weather and then your cable and internet goes down.

I thought that the problem with Flow/Cablevision was that they didn't really have the rights to these programmes? I thought that the blackouts were a result of them getting the feeds on the cheap.

The interruptions caused by inclement weather, while thay just may be very poorly timed (at times) have been extremely minimal to me over the past 4 years.......just my humble experience.

That's understandable and it will be different for everybody.

I have never had the service myself, but just by visiting friends on occasions when it has been interrupted, I find it to be a real nuisance. It could very well be that for people that have it, the benefitss outweigh the drawbacks but I know that it is a real deterrent to prospective customers.

I had DirecTV up until end of July when I moved into a new apt building that doesn't allow satellite dishes- so now I have Time Warner....I wish I could go back to DirecTV just for GOLTV- I'm more of a spanish league follower than an EPL follower...so that's just a personal preference...and I agree with Mango Chow that the weather issues are few and far apart- but then again we both live in NYC so as you say, experiences will differ....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2007, 06:15:57 PM »
weather does affect it but that really isnt a big problem...................because every single la liga game is shown, every single one, now because of that some are broadcast at the same time but is up to u to choose yuh game.....as a barca fan i  good to go

think u get  coverage of all cup games from germany to italy

they have an epl station but it not accessible in tnt

and they keep on adding channels  yuh car go wrong
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 06:51:54 PM »
Flipping through channels on those satellite services is painfully slow compared to direct wired cable.
And for internet there is a delay that can't be overcome unless those german physicists really beat the speed of light.

How much is DirectTv compared to Flow anyway?  In the states they give you the quipment free but I doubt they do that at home.  Add to that you have to have somewhere to put the eye sore...some apartment complexes up here don't let you install it unless you get some extra insurance and if you don't have a clear view of the southern skies forget about it..

My recent experience with Dish Network and Dierct TV is that they are annoyances...and the weather does in fact mess with it.  Imagine if big thunder storm rolling through you can't get the news..steupse.

Customer Service wise DirectTV might be better but technology wise you can't beat hard wired. Learn spanish   :rotfl:

I have no idea what issues you're describing with flipping thru the channels...but I hardly ever just flip thru the channels I browse using the on-screen menu, so...different experiences I guess.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 07:08:42 PM »
Flipping through channels on those satellite services is painfully slow compared to direct wired cable.
And for internet there is a delay that can't be overcome unless those german physicists really beat the speed of light.

How much is DirectTv compared to Flow anyway?  In the states they give you the quipment free but I doubt they do that at home.  Add to that you have to have somewhere to put the eye sore...some apartment complexes up here don't let you install it unless you get some extra insurance and if you don't have a clear view of the southern skies forget about it..

My recent experience with Dish Network and Dierct TV is that they are annoyances...and the weather does in fact mess with it.  Imagine if big thunder storm rolling through you can't get the news..steupse.

Customer Service wise DirectTV might be better but technology wise you can't beat hard wired. Learn spanish   :rotfl:

I have no idea what issues you're describing with flipping thru the channels...but I hardly ever just flip thru the channels I browse using the on-screen menu, so...different experiences I guess.
ah feel he using the wrong button to flip channels   :devil:
so yuh can't read the guide to see what going on?..like you is ah man who like to see pictures?  ;D
he mustbe using the page up button that you use in the guide to jump pages.

but anyway i out her ein the Midwest and we does have thunderstorms ever so often and even with the snow..and no blackout.

its all down to how you have your dish setup.
run a cable test and see how how high your transponder signals are..anything under 75 and you liable to get interuptions.
if you have a favorite channel like FSC and dont want ti to ever cut out..have that exponder on the screen and go turn your dish till the signal is bout 85-90.

btw what is the cost of a basic Directv package home?
how much of the content is Latin?
What satellitle location they using?
What version box/card they using also?
How rampant is illegal operations?  ;)

Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 07:31:32 PM »
Fuss the thing slow allyuh doh know what flipping through is anymore :D
I not surprised because I do use the menus to read text about what going on but sometimes that just not cutting it.

If we go a flipping race, cable go reach 2 to 60 when allyuh still on 20  lol

Allyuh living with the thing so yuh get past the inconveniences...all kinda transponder beam me up scotty talk but no the weather doh affect it  ::)   ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 07:33:41 PM by dcs »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 07:44:23 PM »
I not surprised because I do use the menus to read text about what going on but sometimes that just not cutting it.

Allyuh living with the thing so yuh get past the inconveniences...all kinda transponder beam me up scotty talk but no the weather doh affect it  ::)   ;D
maybe yuh have ah outdated box and remote control lol

but ah still ent understand why yuh want to flip?
ah man like you who does watch so much tv should know what showing and when  :rotfl:

but really is the transponders you use to make sure your dish set right
plus sometimes going through tree leaves does give u weak signals
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »

Lol@ "beam me up Scotty"  ;D

I go leff dat fuh Feliziano, I make de mistake ah shifting arung my dish soon after getting de service...next thing yuh know ET and dem shut dong de signal and I had tuh call de installation fella back.  Dem duz make all kinda scientific calculations, lining up Venus, Mars and Mercury when dey set yuh up.  Fack wid de cosmic alignment and de forecast is snow fuh de next couple days  :rotfl:

I think I know what yuh talking about too wid de channels...watching one den directly flipping tuh de one above or below it...yeah that response time is ah li'l delayed.  Dai'z why yuh use de menu/guide doh...punch in dem 3 digits and *boom* (channels John Madden) yuh dey.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 10:37:05 PM »
I stay away from DirecTV primarily because of weather issues. There is nothing worse than being stuck home during bad weather and then your cable and internet goes down.

I thought that the problem with Flow/Cablevision was that they didn't really have the rights to these programmes? I thought that the blackouts were a result of them getting the feeds on the cheap.

The interruptions caused by inclement weather, while thay just may be very poorly timed (at times) have been extremely minimal to me over the past 4 years.......just my humble experience.

I have never had the service myself, but just by visiting friends on occasions when it has been interrupted, I find it to be a real nuisance. It could very well be that for people that have it, the benefitss outweigh the drawbacks but I know that it is a real deterrent to prospective customers.

I had DirecTV up until end of July when I moved into a new apt building that doesn't allow satellite dishes- so now I have Time Warner....I wish I could go back to DirecTV just for GOLTV- I'm more of a spanish league follower than an EPL follower...so that's just a personal preference...and I agree with Mango Chow that the weather issues are few and far apart- but then again we both live in NYC so as you say, experiences will differ....

Accept my condolences but I know exactly what you're talking about......at least Time Warner is better than cablevision............ I had real issues with my bldg management not letting me put a dish on the roof (the reasons these landlords give for not allowing dishes on the roof are bogus but not everybody can deal with the headache of fighting these people and I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kickback monkey business going on between these people and the cable companies) until I pulled up in front my building one day and see a coax running from the roof straight to my super's apartment.  I called DirectTv IMMEDIATELY!!  I wouldn't even move into another bulding unless I have the all-clear up front.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 11:05:05 PM »
quick question...

DirectTV in trini...does it have FSC? and what about GolTV and Rai(italian football station)

i know they have it in the US

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 02:23:20 AM »

Ah know it could be frustrating fuh allyuh at home at times with cable etc.
Buh at least allyuh doe have to call ah pardner when Trinidad playing an ask him to put he phone next to the speaker on the tv jus so fishs could get some live action now and den. >:( >:(
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2007, 06:22:42 AM »
i doh see what is the point of Sportsmax at all!
all dey do is broadcast de same game dat FSC broadcasting in horrible picture quality compared to what FSC does bring it in
STEUPS  >:(

not to mention the big ugly cnc3 logo that does block out an additional corner of the screen (apart from the fsc logo)... 

And also not forgetting when a game goes into extra time on FSC that not showing on CNC3 and the block schedule kicks in, they cut the game and you miss the whole of extra time...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »

Yeah, snow, wind and rain are serious issues where I live and those are the times when you want connectivity the worse.

I have Comcast where I live now and I am not in love with it. It is the first Cable station that I have used that has "commercial" stations like IFC, Bravo, the various Discovery channels (Health, Science etc) and History Channels in a premium package ABOVE digital cable.

With COX and Cablevision we used to get all of these standard with a digital cable package but not Comcast.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 07:17:27 AM »
quick question...

DirectTV in trini...does it have FSC? and what about GolTV and Rai(italian football station)

i know they have it in the US

FSC?:yes. GolTV?:yes. Rai?:not sure.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2008, 07:49:29 AM »
AH boy FLow continues to do shit right tru.

So they cut all our channels starting Jan 1....we hadda pay.

Went in Flow office the line long long out the door...people cussing and grumbling.

Fees raise to 210 for basic and then I say I addicted to ball lemme pay meh 54.99 and put orn sports max. Went home turn on the tv it showing.

Wake up this morning now I have a thing on tv telling me Channel 1 "Sportsma" not authorised.

Now if it is that I did not order it I would not have been able to click on the channel in the first place, so the problem originating from the source.

Trying to call flow check they scene. No phone number in the white pages, one phone number in the yellow pages under see ad. No phone number advertised on their info channel....and the one number they have busy right tru.

Is Level cuss I going and ress on them from the time somebody answer dat phone.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2008, 08:09:33 AM »
jes cancel de service and get Verizon Fios  ;D

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2008, 08:19:54 AM »
AH boy FLow continues to do shit right tru.

So they cut all our channels starting Jan 1....we hadda pay.

Went in Flow office the line long long out the door...people cussing and grumbling.

Fees raise to 210 for basic and then I say I addicted to ball lemme pay meh 54.99 and put orn sports max. Went home turn on the tv it showing.

Wake up this morning now I have a thing on tv telling me Channel 1 "Sportsma" not authorised.

Now if it is that I did not order it I would not have been able to click on the channel in the first place, so the problem originating from the source.

Trying to call flow check they scene. No phone number in the white pages, one phone number in the yellow pages under see ad. No phone number advertised on their info channel....and the one number they have busy right tru.

Is Level cuss I going and ress on them from the time somebody answer dat phone.

I had the same problem, as I have the same addiction problem, however SportsMax started to show on Thursday.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2008, 08:39:31 AM »
too too
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2008, 10:01:01 AM »
ways...i was now thinking to start back this thread.
yankee ownership

I believe Sportsmax is only show LAST week games....at least when CNC3 showing their feed.  Dat is just CNC or is a Sportsmax thing?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:04:51 AM by dcs »

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2008, 11:55:57 AM »
nah das a cnc ting.... sportmax have dey own channel which is 314 buh yuh hadda pay extra for da.... stewps

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2008, 11:57:14 AM »
why dont everybody just boycott CNC3 with they extra packages?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »
U MEAN FLOW  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2008, 09:58:09 AM »

:applause:

boycott flow....we trini tooo soft....

anyways....blink wukkin real good....i does be streaming 2 games and thing same time even cricket  ;)

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2008, 10:02:22 AM »

anyways....blink wukkin real good....i does be streaming 2 games and thing same time even cricket  ;)

Blink ?!?

lets not even talk about them. Full page ads everyday in the papers, yet still, every time you call they telling you 8-10 weeks, don't mind some people have 'signed up' since Oct, BIG STEUPS !!
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »

Blink ?!?

lets not even talk about them. Full page ads everyday in the papers, yet still, every time you call they telling you 8-10 weeks, don't mind some people have 'signed up' since Oct, BIG STEUPS !!

boy blink for the longest while have to reach arima since november. i see flow putting up cable by me  so frig blink yes
Youtube Channel

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2008, 09:15:16 AM »

blink has about 8,000 customers so far. 

If Flow in your area then I eh see the point of going with blink (de Myth)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2008, 09:25:29 AM »
I went in saturday and join the long line to cuss dem

I used the computer terminal they had there and checked out the speed and it not bad.

ANyhow hear what they say...At the time the station was cut internally because cnc3 bought the rights to cricket and as such it was removed. Sportsmax does not have the rights to cricket.

So I tell her....I paying for a station that does get cut so people could watch ting free.  >:(

She said yes...so I say why you cutting fox sports?

How Sportsmax have the rights to all epl games and cnc 3 bought those rights as well however since Sportmax is premium the games will be shown live on sportsmax, and delayed on cnc 3.

She said they are obligated to cut all live games from fox sports.

SO I buff them about the one phone number etc. She said they were busy from people trying to sign up with flow broadband......I say yuh mean it busy cause people cussing alyuh right tru for the mess alyuh doing.

So I feel I testing out sportsmax this month. I ent sure it worth the 54.99...they cutting that right tru, dat not making sense, and all it showing for the rest of the day is a standford 20 20 preview show.

Now Sunday morning reach Fox Sports showing arsenal and FA CUP live and direct....and dey ent cut it.

If only Direct TV get local channels, I will make the switch.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2008, 09:54:17 AM »
I went in saturday and join the long line to cuss dem

I used the computer terminal they had there and checked out the speed and it not bad.

ANyhow hear what they say...At the time the station was cut internally because cnc3 bought the rights to cricket and as such it was removed. Sportsmax does not have the rights to cricket.

So I tell her....I paying for a station that does get cut so people could watch ting free.  >:(

She said yes...so I say why you cutting fox sports?

How Sportsmax have the rights to all epl games and cnc 3 bought those rights as well however since Sportmax is premium the games will be shown live on sportsmax, and delayed on cnc 3.

She said they are obligated to cut all live games from fox sports.

SO I buff them about the one phone number etc. She said they were busy from people trying to sign up with flow broadband......I say yuh mean it busy cause people cussing alyuh right tru for the mess alyuh doing.

So I feel I testing out sportsmax this month. I ent sure it worth the 54.99...they cutting that right tru, dat not making sense, and all it showing for the rest of the day is a standford 20 20 preview show.

Now Sunday morning reach Fox Sports showing arsenal and FA CUP live and direct....and dey ent cut it.

If only Direct TV get local channels, I will make the switch.

right now that is the only thing that stopping me from considering direct tv
Youtube Channel

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
the least Flow could do is make love to we before they 4k we

matter of fact it bordering on rape

cause they just taking more money and giving we less and less

Més que un club.

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2008, 12:57:03 PM »
I heard someone say that when you sign up with Direct tv they could give you an antenna from which you could get some of the local channels (the non-cable ones - tv6 and I don't which other ones) for those of you who might be interested in switching it might be worth your while to give Directv a call to get the specifics to see if it makes sense.

On another note a friend of a friend who works at Flow was walking down the road the other day in his Flow t-shirt when a man (he has never seen before) driving by in a car slowed down and yelled out to him "Flow! Your mudder %@#T!". So, is level cuss the worker getting left, right and centre. Mind you they deserve it eh, since October my office signed up - paid the installation fee and one months rental and we still waiting for the technicians to come by to hook us up.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2008, 01:48:03 PM »
I heard someone say that when you sign up with Direct tv they could give you an antenna from which you could get some of the local channels (the non-cable ones - tv6 and I don't which other ones) for those of you who might be interested in switching it might be worth your while to give Directv a call to get the specifics to see if it makes sense.

On another note a friend of a friend who works at Flow was walking down the road the other day in his Flow t-shirt when a man (he has never seen before) driving by in a car slowed down and yelled out to him "Flow! Your mudder %@#T!". So, is level cuss the worker getting left, right and centre. Mind you they deserve it eh, since October my office signed up - paid the installation fee and one months rental and we still waiting for the technicians to come by to hook us up.

:rotfl:  :rotfl:

well direct tv looking good now with the antenna thing
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>