May 10, 2024, 10:31:51 AM

Author Topic: Montano: I’m not involved  (Read 32623 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Machel tells his side
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2007, 07:10:34 AM »

Just hear on the radio....journalists and them was at the Belmont Police station waiting for Machel only to find out Machel was on a plane to the Bahamas to record music.

Maybe the police should fly there and meet with him in between tracks?

machel  mmm ah feel he  guilty . well he better record music cause he may have to  forking ova some change
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2007, 08:10:35 AM »
Me eh know much about Machel eh but the both times I saw him in public he was getting orn like a real arsehole. I feel he mother and them did miss the boat on he upbringing.

Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2007, 08:30:38 AM »
De whining crim in im inal  have a gig at the Apollo in Harlem on Saturday so Belmont police...book yuh tickets to the Big Apple if you want an interview.

The name of this thread is that he tell his story....imagine papers get his statement PRONTO but police waiting how long now?

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2007, 12:20:45 PM »
hold yuh breath on dat video.  :rotfl:   it say on de radio dat machel having press conference this afternoon.   will pass on details as and when...
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2007, 04:21:44 PM »
Machel Montano Faces the Media…he Denies Hitting Anyone at Club Zen One Week Ago. \\
http://www.i955fm.com/News.aspx?id=1678

Soca artiste Machel Montano is saying he never laid a hand on anyone at Club Zen on the night a reported fight took place.

It is said during the fight two men, Brandis Brown and Russel Pollonais were beaten, and Machel Montano was the attacker.

The two men have since said they will take legal action.

Speaking at a media briefing today, Mr. Montano says he was attacked by fans in the general section of the Nightclub.

The incident at the club happened in the midst of another controversy involving international singer Akon and local girl Danah Alleyne.

Facing the media for the first time since last Wednesday’s situation, Machel Montano said his name was thrown into the spotlight in order to sensationalise what really happened.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2007, 06:38:14 PM »
Ay ay I thought it didnt have any clips? Chupidee Ato only talkin ting lol.  So what air on tv 6 News just now?  :rotfl:
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2007, 06:42:21 PM »
Ay ay I thought it didnt have any clips? Chupidee Ato only talkin ting lol.  So what air on tv 6 News just now?  :rotfl:
Ato ah ent have TV6..so send me the clip nah  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2007, 07:57:14 PM »

ok ATO i did not see it on tv6  so machel in the fight ato. since it air you could talk now!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2007, 08:48:22 PM »
Ato yuh jess sticking fuh spite AH FEL
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:08:16 PM by DWarriorMan »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2007, 09:40:07 PM »
ok ATO i did not see it on tv6  so machel in the fight ato. since it air you could talk now!!
good point DWarriorMan ;) ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2007, 03:08:45 AM »
Apparently the clip that air on tv6 kinda shaky and inconlclusive - I ent see it yet I ent in Trinidad either, I was told.  There are better ones out there  :devil:  People went from "it eh have no clips" and "it would ah surface already" to this now lol.

BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2007, 05:04:16 AM »
well talk about the conclusive clip yuh see then nuh

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2007, 05:07:02 AM »
Open de files Ato open de FILESS ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2007, 06:24:35 AM »
Ato, ya sticking like a picoplat on laglee ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2007, 07:00:01 AM »
Machel Montano is again claiming he was the victim at last Thursday's incident at the Zen nightclub, which left 24-year-old Russell Pollonais injured and warded at hospital.

After giving a full statement to the Belmont Police yesterday, Montano held a press conference at the VIP lounge of the Jean Pierre Complex in Mucurapo, where he made the statement. His attorney, Anthony Vieira, and friend Maleka Gonsalves, who was dancing with Montano at the time the incident started, were also present.

"I was not the instigator of any of the actions that took place on that night and I have made no offer to settle anything with anybody," Montano said.

"No settlement offer has been made and my lawyers have not received any sort of invitation to settle from anyone. We are not even trying to settle this situation because we are claiming innocence."

The soca artiste said a lot of false statements were made about him since the incident.

"Firstly I did not burn anyone. Secondly I did not slap anyone. I did not hit anyone with a glass or a cup and definitely I did not knock out anybody," he said.

"There were also some reports that I took security there on that night. I did not take any security detail. I went with a few of my friends; we were continuing a night of celebrations. I did not have a large entourage that night with me either, the only people were my closest friends who I normally go to Zen with."

During a TV6 interview last Thursday, Montano's mother, Elizabeth, said her son was planning to migrate. Yesterday, Machel said the statement was false.

"A few of the things I've been hearing in the media which are not correct, I am not migrating out of Trinidad and Tobago, I am not leaving Trinidad and Tobago."

Gonsalves also gave an account of what transpired, supporting Montano's story.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2007, 07:12:23 AM »

That clip on TV6 was like Blair Witch project.. Yuh cyah see nothing happening, just voices and unidentifiable figures...

Until I see video evidence of Machel pelting a lash he innocent in my books. Dat in your clip Ato??

Offline Socaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2007, 07:58:39 AM »
ah luv this site.. :rotfl: Ato them boyz on yuh heels

Ay ay I thought it didnt have any clips? Chupidee Ato only talkin ting lol. So what air on tv 6 News just now? :rotfl:

That clip on TV6 was like Blair Witch project.. Yuh cyah see nothing happening, just voices and unidentifiable figures...

Until I see video evidence of Machel pelting a lash he innocent in my books. Dat in your clip Ato??

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Montano’s statement
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2007, 09:44:04 AM »

Montano’s statement

Trinidad Guardian
Friday 4th May, 2007

My name is Machel Montano. I am 32 years of age and I am an entertainer. This is my account of what transpired at Zen nightclub in Port-of-Spain in the early hours of Thursday, 26 April, 2007.

Earlier that night, that is to say on Wednesday, 25 April, 2007, I attended an appreciation function at Zen’s Rooftop. This was a function hosted by Xtatik Limited thanking all those who had taken part in the Madison Square Garden event, the 2007 album, the AC5 show and the HD bus.

This was a big year for us and those events have opened a lot of opportunities for my group and for soca as an international genre.

This was our chance to thank all the people who had helped and supported us and to let them see how we are trying to create a movement that would encourage cultural exchange and bring harmony to different peoples. The event was very successful.

My friend Marvin Fermin (he is also my personal assistant/driver) and I left the function probably around 10.30 pm. We usually go by Kernal Roberts (Katch) to pass time before heading out to lime.

This night was no different. The lime was me, Marvin; Kernal Roberts, drummer, musical director and songwriter; Joel Fevek (Zan), a singer who tours with me both as a solo artist and songwriter; Rodney le Blanc (Benjai), he and I write together on an almost daily basis; Jason Ragoo (Snoop), a sort of family relative/friend who, lives by Kernal; Tishard Barrington, a friend and sometimes writer; and Bill Moore.

We sat down by Kernal, by the piano and also the pool. We limed at Rainorama in Diego Martin until about 12.30 am on Thursday, 26 April, 2007.

The group of us mentioned above then went to Zen since we hoped to hook up with some foreign guys and girls who we met when we were leaving the appreciation function. They were going into Zen as we were heading out. Those persons (two guys and two girls) had indicated to me that they were foreign students doing an exchange programme at UWI on soca music and they had just completed a project about me.

When we arrived at Zen we headed straight to the centre bar in the general admission area. The VIP was closed that night. As anticipated, we met up with the foreign students who were from Michigan. They were the first people we got to hang out with. One of the girls name was Tricia.

The crowd in Zen that night was kind of small. I noticed that the front portion of the bar to the stage was kind of empty and I chose to hang around by that spot as my liming area that night since I felt safe and comfortable there.

My security detail which usually comprises three to four persons was not with me that night because I wanted to relax and mingle privately.

I was dancing with one of the foreign girls who we met and after a while I got tired of this and moved away. I went by the bar to be by myself.

While facing the bar, as I stood up, a girl came and grabbed me from behind. I had seen this girl earlier. She was a sort of dougla. Not fair, but not dark. She was kind of busty. I would describe her as thick and big bottomed. She and her group had been partying around us and I remember making eye contact with her.

This girl came behind me and started wining on me. I didn’t do anything. I just stood there because that is something that happens to me a lot. She finished wining on me and stepped close to me. She said in my ear “yuh know is me who was dancing with you just now.” I said yes and that was it. She went her way and I went off to talk to a couple friends.

Now from the time I came into the club there was this fella in a stripe shirt who kept coming by me and saying things. He kept pushing his head in my face and speaking in a garbled manner. This guy was short and of African descent. He appeared to be drunk.

I moved away. I kept constantly away from this guy but somehow it would happen that he would get close to me. I remember going and saying to Marvin “that guy there looking like he trying to cause trouble... let’s keep an eye on that.”

After chatting with friends and dancing with a couple of girls I just wanted to stand and relax for a little while. While doing that the same dougla girl and some other girls came back by me trying to wine on me again.

I had on a pair of long shoes and they were mashing my foot on occasions. I eventually asked them “Is there any way all you could shift a lil bit,” —because there was nowhere else I could retreat to since the bar was behind me.

They didn’t take me on but continued dancing around me. The dougla girl tried to throw her bottom on me. I moved away. This seemed to have irritated her because she asked me “wha happen?” I explained that it was not like that. It’s just that I was not feeling to dance with anybody at that moment, and that I was just taking a little moment for myself.

Just then a friend of mine, Maleka Gonzales, came up to me. She and I then started dancing together.

While Maleka and I were dancing, the dougla girl and the guy in the blue stripe shirt started dancing around us. I just feel wetness on me and then I see it on Maleka. Her pants were soaked and I was wet too. There was a glass on the floor and a lot of ice around me and Maleka.

I went to speak to the guy about throwing the drink and he lunged at me. I pushed him off and the Zen security came and took the guy away.

As security was taking the guy in the stripe shirt out of the club all the other people who was with him started to follow him out. In his crew I remember seeing the dougla girl among the group. There was also a tall girl, a fat girl, and a dark-skinned girl with glasses. They were all fretting and carrying on while heading out with the guy.

I stayed inside the club talking to Maleka. As far as I was aware everything had died down and settled down. Sometime after Kernal then came to me and said that there were people outside carrying on and cussing. He felt we should leave because they were causing a scene outside the club. We then left the club.

To my surprise, when we reached the staircase we encountered a group of about 15 people who started cursing and abusing us. The dark-skinned girl with glasses was carrying on about how she had spent $400 to go to my show and another $100 to come here. The fat girl was also cursing and making a lot of noise.

At some point someone pelted a side of shoe at me. One of the girls also spat at us. All I said is “why all ya doh go home because all ya didn’t see anything.” I was referring to the incident which took place in the club earlier.

Some guys who were with the girls (one of whom I now recognise from the newspapers reports to be Brandis Brown) were also hurling insults at us and saying things.

At one point, Snoop was facing me and he threw the contents of the cup that was in his hand up into the air (he did not throw the Styrofoam cup). I think that Brandis Brown is the fella who got wet from the drink. Brandis Brown said ‘nah!’ Then he and others grabbed Snoop and pulled him to one side.

At this point three or four members of Zen Security surrounded me. They carried me across the street and had me against a fence. I believe that they did this to protect me.

I don’t know what happened after at the entrance. At one point I remember seeing the girls approaching in my direction and the security holding them back. This made the girls more irate. Tishard and Marvin were there with me.

Tishard told the girls that they should go home. But they kept on cussing and carrying on. The security restrained one of the girls but she got away and spat at me. The spit landed on Tishard who was in front of me. Tishard raised his hand as if to hit the girl at which point the security let the girl go and tackled Tishard.

When security was holding Tishard I told them that “is she who spit on us... all ya not protecting us.” At this point, I looked across to my right and I saw a fella on the ground. I was in the middle of the street and the fella on the ground was more on the left side. He was about 15 to 20 feet away from me. I have no idea as to what actually happened to cause him to be on the ground.

Marvin said let’s go and I went with him. There were still a lot of people milling around in the area when we left. I went straight home from there. I was not involved in any fight outside of Zen.

I heard several and different versions of what happened in the media. I was scheduled to leave T&T on Friday morning (27 April) to go to Barbados to perform at the Brian Lara farewell (end of Cricket World Cup). I wanted to make sure that the police heard from me what had happened before leaving.

Although I was not approached by the police, I went to the Belmont Police Station about 7.00 pm on Thursday, 26 April.

I met police officers there. I sat down and waited for an hour. Then an officer (who I think was a Superintendent) asked me to bear with them because they had been at this all day.

I hadn’t eaten and was very tired due to lack of sleep. However, I sat and waited for about another hour. When they came back I asked if it was okay if I could leave now and return another day. The police said it was.

I have read the above statement and the contents stated in it are true and correct.

Signed

Date 3/05/07

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2007, 12:10:36 PM »
The other vid is not perfect but it ent Blair Witch that is for sure, so that tells me there is more than one.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »
Ato, if your clip is as good as you say it is (and i have no reason to doubt you) don't you think that you have a duty to forward it to the investigating police officer in T&T?.. after all, we are discussing a case of violent assault and actual bodily harm.... and it's possible that your vid clip might be conclusive in proving the guilt or innocence of the parties concerned...
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2007, 12:45:40 PM »
Ato, if your clip is as good as you say it is (and i have no reason to doubt you) don't you think that you have a duty to forward it to the investigating police officer in T&T?.. after all, we are discussing a case of violent assault and actual bodily harm.... and it's possible that your vid clip might be conclusive in proving the guilt or innocence of the parties concerned...
:applause: :applause: :applause:
now listen de politican wilggle out ah this.
maybe we should let the authorities know..he have evidence and make them subpoena him.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Socaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2007, 01:31:38 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:alyuh not easy nah
:applause: :applause: :applause:
now listen de politican wilggle out ah this.
maybe we should let the authorities know..he have evidence and make them subpoena him.

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2007, 01:34:42 PM »
 :wavetowel: :applause: :rotfl:
allyuh dread too bad yes!
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »

ATO  iis not a  SNITCH come on JayTheWrecker

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2007, 04:26:53 PM »
ATO  iis not a  SNITCH come on JayTheWrecker
I doh tink he like Cam'ron needa  ;)
allya relax, the wheels of justice turn slowly ;)
especially in TnT
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 04:33:43 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Montano’s statement
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2007, 06:00:58 PM »

Montano’s statement

Trinidad Guardian
Friday 4th May, 2007

My name is Machel Montano. I am 32 years of age and I am an entertainer. This is my account of what transpired at Zen nightclub in Port-of-Spain in the early hours of Thursday, 26 April, 2007.

a girl came and grabbed me from behind. I had seen this girl earlier. She was a sort of dougla. Not fair, but not dark. She was kind of busty. I would describe her as thick and big bottomed. She and her group had been partying around us and I remember making eye contact with her.

This girl came behind me and started wining on me. I didn’t do anything. I just stood there because that is something that happens to me a lot. She finished wining on me and stepped close to me. She said in my ear “yuh know is me who was dancing with you just now.” I said yes and that was it. She went her way and I went off to talk to a couple friends.

The dougla girl tried to throw her bottom on me. I moved away. This seemed to have irritated her because she asked me “wha happen?” I explained that it was not like that. It’s just that I was not feeling to dance with anybody at that moment, and that I was just taking a little moment for myself.

While Maleka and I were dancing, the dougla girl and the guy in the blue stripe shirt started dancing around us. I just feel wetness on me and then I see it on Maleka. Her pants were soaked and I was wet too. There was a glass on the floor and a lot of ice around me and Maleka.

I went to speak to the guy about throwing the drink and he lunged at me. I pushed him off and the Zen security came and took the guy away.

To my surprise, when we reached the staircase we encountered a group of about 15 people who started cursing and abusing us. The dark-skinned girl with glasses was carrying on about how she had spent $400 to go to my show and another $100 to come here. The fat girl was also cursing and making a lot of noise.
Date 3/05/07

So in ah nutshell, ah big ting try to brace Machel, he blank she....she see him dancing wid ah bess/baddess, and in ah jealous rage she wet dem down wid ah long island ice tea when Machel confront she, de drunken boyfriend/cousin step in to oppose Machel and get real licks...
This whole thing is Machel fault because if that was Yorke yuh could bet yuh bottom dollar that he woulda be in ah corner hugging up dat big ting  for the rest ah de  night....and when Stern and Birchall lookin for him, is because he and de bigs slip thru ah side door and heading up by Lara to spend de nite........
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2007, 11:38:56 PM »

YEs....everybody who have a clip supposed to email it to the belmont police and crash they Inbox   ::)

If allyuh was paying attention to what he was saying about the video and the person who sent it you might think the police already have the video.

nice try Organic/Polished Hoe/PH/schitzo  :P

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2007, 02:05:39 AM »
Is not my clip and the person who took it is a female withholding it as some sort of "ace" in case this gets swept under the rug for any reason.  I would never hesitate if I thought it would help a victim, no matter if it was my own family member.  Cam'ron is a damn liar because them rappers quick to run for help when things go bad trust me, my ex used to manage Lil Kim, and in fact I sorry to say is my house she was in for weeks in LA while she was doing all that to her body/face :(.

Someone send me this - why do people send me stuff you ask? I dunno cuz I have a website I guess. 

BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2007, 03:35:15 AM »
Hmm ato yuh know little kim now eh.. she will give if u all  meet next time ... dont let foxy brown know

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2007, 11:17:37 AM »
Foxy and Kim both in a mess, just for different reasons  :devil:
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>