May 10, 2024, 02:36:45 AM

Author Topic: Will Latapy play in the World Cup ?  (Read 6421 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will Latapy play in the World Cup ?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2005, 04:55:25 AM »
Over seven months before the first game , anything could happen.
If everything remains the same as it is now , Latas definitely playing.
Probably start the first game and subs for the next two.
However 71/2 mths is a long time for a 37 yr old, Falkirk depend a lot on him and he plays hard for them.
So all we could do is keep hoping that the little magician keeps fit and healthy.

Bless
Ah want de woman on de bass

jusme

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2005, 05:04:06 AM »
I think latas will be a sub in germany.  his return was a great boost psychologically and he provided a spark to the play that we didn't have at the time.  However, I feel with Whitley coming into his own, Latas role will be diminished and that the 11 that start the 2nd Bahrain game have the inside track on starting the first game. 
Latas will be a situational sub that Beenie could use to exploit certain things that he seeing going on in a game. 
He will obviously still merit a place on the squad, but maybe he might value the qualification more than the actual playing at the world cup.

Offline Falkirk man

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2005, 06:02:42 AM »
Just found this brilliant site.  I was one of the three Falkirk guys who travelled to Trinidad and to Bahrain to support Russell  (not scouts as reported on the Bahrain travellogue but just friends of Russell).  Aboslutely fantastic trip.  We certainly hope Russell gets his game in Germany and we know he wants to.  He still has the ability to tuirn a game - he does so for Falkirk on many occassions - came on as sub against Hibernian and created the winner 10 days ago.  At that game we had 1,200 away fans singing "we're going to Germany" - so if Russell is in the squad you can expect several hundred new Trini fans.  (No Scotlalnd to suippport.)  At our home match against Aberdeen on Saturday, Russell (sub again) was applauded onto the pitch by both teams and 6,000 fans for his achievements with T&T.  Providing he is picked, he will be the first Falkirk player ever to appear in a World Cup finals. 

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2005, 06:13:45 AM »
Hail Falkirkman,
Give Theobald ah contract an he go be de second.

Ah have frens here who also from Falkirk lol one even have season tickets., leh mih see how small de world is, does Doug Bell ring any bell (pardon the pun)
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2005, 06:22:23 AM »
Sorry to be rude but this is the dumbest question I have seen raised here. 

Here is a player who completely turned this team around with his on the field presence.  Maybe Beenieman played his cards right to not play Latapy in the last game as prior to that move, there were many crediting Latapy's presence on the field for our success and not Beenieman.  Not starting Latapy in the last game now gives Beenieman all the credit. 

Do you guys really feel we would have beaten Mexico without Latapy on the field?  Yes, he did not have his best game in the first Bahrain playoff, but the whole team did not play to its level (except maybe Edwards) and if it was not for a brilliant goal from God via Birchal, we would have lost that game.  The final game was not a good game to watch either.  The bottom line is the team goes up 10 notches when Latapy is on his game.  Asking whether he will play in Germany is both arsenine and an insult to the greatest player to ever come out of TnT.

I think you missed my point. If you read  Tallman First Reply, he said similar words came out of Latas mouth . We all wish and want Latas to play . My main point was that he Latas may offer his spot on the squad as a player ,to a younger player ! And play a different role in the team rather than a player !! The guy will be 37years and with a career in Managment .

TrinInfinite

Do we start Latas in the 1st or 2nd half?
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 01:27:13 PM »
dis question has been through my mind 1000 times after we qualify, god willing hardest get pick on the squad, what will the combo be?

do we rest latas in the 1st half, or bring him on in the 2nd half, remember latas say we will make way for a youth, in all honesty i feel iz hardest he referring to here, or do we start hardest, whitley, and latas, with yorke and either birchall/edwards, i have a feeling birchall may also come off the bench, it presents alot of problems for us, bc we have whitley, hardest and latas, i still thinkin of ways to deal with this, with 3 of dem on, we will maintain possession for longer periods of time, our mid will be solid, but do we save latas for the 2nd half attack?

allyuh comments

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Do we start Latas in the 1st or 2nd half?
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 01:36:38 PM »
Is funny, I does be thinking about the same thing fuh midfield. That is ah challenging question breds. Hardest will be excellent fuh creativity and setting plays, same with Latapy and Whitley who bit more attack-minded, esp Whitley.
I would save Latas fuh de second half though. If we in de lead, he will help keep possession. If we down, he will give the attack more spark with fresh legs. He will be ah added inspiration fuh de team at that point in de game.
Dis eh meh final answer though, just meh present thoughts. Ah still contemplatin... :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 01:39:48 PM »
I like him for the second half too. The less they know about our players the better. Let him come on and roam the midfield, holding the ball when needed and attacking when needed

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2005, 01:41:13 PM »

LATAPY
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2005, 01:42:39 PM »
Latas should come on in the 2nd Half with 35 mins tuh go..!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2005, 01:51:52 PM »
HOW HE LEGS LOOK VZ GUAT...HOW HE LEGS LOOK VZ PANAMA AWAY...EH...HOW HE LEGS LOOK VZ MEXICO KILLING OFF DE GAME...EH.....COME ON FELLAS....THANK GOD LATAS KNOWS WHATS BEST FOR THE TEAM...IF DE DON SAY START...HE IS THE BEST EVER...IF HE SAY COME OFF THE BENCH,...HE STILL IS DE BEST EVER....BECAUSE HE BORN WITH THAT GIFT....ONLY GOD KNOWS....VIBES IT UP....TNT TNT TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2005, 01:57:28 PM »
We have a selection headache and it will depend on who else is making the squad.

Yorke will play in the midfield maybe on the left.

Latapy may have to be the forward

Birchald and Whitley will probably have to start to provide the defensive running in the middle.

We have balance problems with our team cause we have excess central midfielders but no left sided balance

We come just like england ;D ;D

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2005, 02:14:32 PM »
It depends on who we playing and what is the gameplan...
First game against Sweden...most likely Beenie goign to want him on the field to calm the younger players who bound to be nervous.But..he may also want to keep him as an ace up he sleeve cause the first game is always a tentative, feel out affair for the 2 teams. After that...anything goes. He might come off the bench against England, where we will most likely play a 4-5-1. But Latas say , he teach Falkirk a trick : that they must keep the ball when they playing against sides like rangers and celtic...so if that is the plan, to keep the ball away from England rather than chase after it with younger players...he might start.

In the end, it depends on what approach the coach goin with on the day against the opposition.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2005, 02:16:58 PM »
All yuh doh think now is the right time to throw Cornell Glenn in the mix

TrinInfinite

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2005, 02:38:28 PM »
personally, against ah team like sweden, we should play with latas, hardest and whitley in the mid, yorke and edwards, bring brichall off de bench with jones in the second half,  then switch to a 442, if this not workin, unleash glenn

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2005, 03:01:32 PM »
We have to start latas against England and Sweden, Along side Birchall. Latas is the one to give us our rhythm and Birchall will win the ball. Wre need someone who can work really hard in the middle and I believe that the person is Birchall. Latas can play off him to distribute, and play the second ball from the forwards so that we can play in behind.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2005, 03:14:27 PM »
we shouldnt be winning de ball but possessin it most of de time, think of dat one, tell meh wat yuh think, we need to hold possession and play well, ball winning should b secondary

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2005, 03:17:23 PM »
Yeah possesing the ball should be first. I agree. So then who's most comfortable on the ball in all our mids? Who would be most patient? Any ideas besides Latas?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

MickeyRat

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2005, 03:19:24 PM »
I honestly believe Latas should come on as a super sub in ALL games.  Second half with 35 mins to go.  He cah make a full game anymore.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2005, 03:23:10 PM »
if u want possession u go wit latas, whitley, yorke, hardest and birchall, edwards will have to come off the bench, but its a fight between birchall and edwards, in terms of ball possession

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2005, 03:25:35 PM »
I think he should come on 10 mins before the halftime..this might be unconventional..but it would change the opposition game and he is a good play maker and it would be nice if we get a goal going in the half.
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2005, 03:26:07 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:edwards will have to come off the bench :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: you ar every disillusioned my friend ...THERE IS NO WAY HARDEST STARTING BEFORE EDWARDS..(unless he injured knock on wood)

MickeyRat

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2005, 03:26:43 PM »
All yuh honestly feel Latas fit enough to play a strong game vs. England or Sweden?
We keep talking about possesion, but I really cah see him doing all that running, especially vs. England.  I personally like Yorke in the middle as the general.  If Latas have to start, put him up front.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2005, 03:30:58 PM »
dont forget latas playing every game week in week out..he playing more football than most of them other fellas and running good 90 mins...When you reach to that pinnacle the three most important games of your career..there is no way latas not starting...NO WAY.

MickeyRat

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2005, 03:36:10 PM »
dont forget latas playing every game week in week out..he playing more football than most of them other fellas and running good 90 mins...When you reach to that pinnacle the three most important games of your career..there is no way latas not starting...NO WAY.

Padna, I hear you.  But when I look at the Scottish game it seems much slower and less competitive.  So when I evaluate Latas now, I can only equate his performance from what I see on television.  I see the other Trinidad midfielder with the exception of Whitley playing a stronger game, ie. Yorke, Birchie, Spann.

My 2 cents.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2005, 04:39:42 PM »
Start him... ESPECIALLY if he an hardest dey together. They would be a great combination to set the ice-breaking tone of the match as "WE ARE GOING TO DOMINATE" by take it to the opposition immediately. They are both great penetrators on the feild.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2005, 04:46:36 PM »
I ent seeing him starting, is no surprise he loss a step as he get older but he more than make up for it with he skill and creativity.

Bring him on second half when d defence a lil bun. Let our younger players put pressure on their back line right through and then bring in Latas to create opportunities...he go be more effective then.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2005, 05:12:04 PM »
ah take dat back dey, edwards, latas, whitley, hardest, yorke, i got caught up wit fellahs sayin ball winner and automatically thought of birchall

1]; } ?>