May 03, 2024, 09:18:24 AM

Author Topic: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.  (Read 205293 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Kamla:- I NEED MY SISTER
« Reply #630 on: March 17, 2012, 09:26:06 PM »
Reckless abuse of state resources for the benefit of your family. To borrow a phrase used by Brownsugar to describe the AG , the Country Bookies really come to town.She couldn't possibly be that stupid to think this was ok. It is the mark of Prime Minister who has lost not only lost touch with reality but who now think she is untouchable.

Worst Prime Minister in our history.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 17, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »
http://www.tntmirror.com/2012/03/16/mums-the-word-on-watties-residence

NO one at the official level wished to comment on TnT Mirror’s investigation of the circumstances surrounding Vidwattie Newton’s occupation of the official residence or the fact that her children were now part of the PM’s household establishment.

Contacted for a comment, attorney Devesh Maharaj’s secretary conveyed Mirror’s queries to him on the internships for the PM’s nephews. This reporter was told to leave a contact number and he would return the call later on Tuesday. Up to press time there was no call.

According to insiders, Newton also occupies an office on the compound of the Diplomatic Centre and official residence where the staff which runs the PM’s household is housed. Not only has she hired her own two assistants at taxpayers’ expense, but she also issues instructions to persons on the official establishment.

Sources say on weekends Newton and her family continue to enjoy the hospitality of the official residence and access its services for their social engagements, including using the official car to attend fetes.

Newton, who accompanies Persad-Bissessar on all her trips and major official engagements, was described as a ‘travel assistant’, an unknown public service designation, when Leader of Government Business Dr. Roodal Moonilal attempted to explain the Government’s payment of $233,600 to cover the cost of Newton’s travel to India.

Newton and her family are not the only relatives enjoying the hospitality of the taxpayer. Another niece of the PM, Alicia Harry, also plays a role in the PM’s establishment.

Harry, who was the passenger in the PM’s SUV which was mysteriously hijacked on the eve of the May 24, 2010 general election, has however denied that she was among the PM’s chosen team to visit India. She told TnT Mirror, “I did not accompany her to India. I have seen it reported but that is not true.”

Mirror learnt that Harry is often credited as the official photographer of the Prime Minister although the photos are usually taken by Nicholas Ramjass, but mainly functions out of the office of the Siparia MP, where she assists in treating with issues of constituents and performs personal errands for the PM.

Harry also denied any knowledge about relatives taking over the PM’s official residence at St. Ann’s.

“I am not aware of that at all,” she told Mirror.

National Security Advisor Griffith was also mum on the subject, saying only, “I cannot comment on that.”

Head of the PM’s household and former chief of defence staff Brig. Carl Alfonso also refused to comment on the matter, referring Mirror to the public relations functionaries at the Office of the Prime Minister.

“I would prefer to refer those queries to the PR people, since I would not want to comment on any media issue.

Pressed further on the PM’s American-born nephew, he said, “The only sister I know about and have spoken with is Vidwatie Newton, but the name Sally does not ring a bell.”

When the Mirror attempted to speak with Vidwatie, and after the reporter identified herself, there suddenly seemed to be a bad connection, as she kept saying, “Hello, hello” as if unable to ascertain the questions.

Insiders say that with the PM’s infrequent visits to the official residence and the PM’s office, she has become dependent on information from her relatives and an even larger group of power grabbers known as the Cabal (to the outsiders) and the Friends of Kamla (FoKs) to those on the inside.

In our next issue of the Weekend Mirror we profile the FoKs headed by the man known as the PM’s friend-in-chief.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 18, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »
steuuupppppsssssssssssssss

i wonder which former PM name she would call in her mouth now to justify having her whole blasted family in the official PM residence? She already call Robbie name, who next on d list?  ::)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #633 on: March 18, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ru365xvV0YQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ru365xvV0YQ</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 18, 2012, 04:51:54 PM »
Maybe its just a throw back to the close knit nature of Indo-Trini families where they all live very close to each other...almost on the same property.

Plus the sisters now return from abroad....cyar expect dem to find a place of their own so fast. And de PM's residence empty..so why not? It eh supposed to be permanent.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 19, 2012, 05:13:44 AM »
steuuupppppsssssssssssssss

i wonder which former PM name she would call in her mouth now to justify having her whole blasted family in the official PM residence? She already call Robbie name, who next on d list?  ::)

Chambers.... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 19, 2012, 05:14:32 AM »
Worst Prime Minister in our history.

Understatement.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 19, 2012, 05:17:26 AM »
She is a head of state, yuh know how we trini's does follow fashion, so maybe she following other heads of state. All yuh lucky she eh traveling in ah 21 car entourage with ambulance, swift tactical response team accompanied by air (helicopter) security. Next thing yuh know the Blimp go gave ah gatlin gun!

She travels IN the helicopter almost exclusively now.....as well as she family taking it to go here, there and everywhere......kinda like a taxi service in the sky......at my expense.....*sigh* aye.....I voted for this.....*double sigh*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 19, 2012, 05:59:45 AM »
She is a head of state, yuh know how we trini's does follow fashion, so maybe she following other heads of state. All yuh lucky she eh traveling in ah 21 car entourage with ambulance, swift tactical response team accompanied by air (helicopter) security. Next thing yuh know the Blimp go gave ah gatlin gun!

She travels IN the helicopter almost exclusively now.....as well as she family taking it to go here, there and everywhere......kinda like a taxi service in the sky......at my expense.....*sigh* aye.....I voted for this.....*double sigh*

Glad you saved me the trouble of saying it.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 19, 2012, 06:08:22 AM »
Next election they will lose, but do we really have good options? PNM seems to be in shambles.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 19, 2012, 06:12:13 AM »
Next election they will lose, but do we really have good options? PNM seems to be in shambles.

Will lose? You might be suprised. Sheep are sheep for a reason.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 19, 2012, 06:12:57 AM »

d rate dem goin at and whispering yuh hearin.......doh be surprised if dem fuuckas eh try to to rig a nex election....we all know dey capable........... as for d pnm...god help us all :worried: :worried: :worried:
I pity the fool....

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #642 on: March 19, 2012, 08:34:13 AM »
This might seem like a small thing to some people but this rankles me more then anything I hear about this PP to date. When you see this shit going on you know that in every public industry, every contract, every financial arrangement people raping the country.

It is a despicable abuse of power. A true statesman would not even tolerate arrangements that use state resources that would look unproper, much less encourage your family to come home, as if winning the election is like winning the lottery.

The fat that all these nephews and nieces no even citizens makingit even worse because they are clearly opportunistic vultures.

KPB making the classic mistake of these clueless politicians…because she not paying your sister a salary she thinks she is doing something good, as a result she feels entitled to make use of perks, which at the end of the day end up being more than what a salary would have been. A salary would have been accountable as opposed to this nebulous support – room, board, security, travel for sister and family well exceeds what a personal assitant would cost.

Jack used to do the same thing. Put some personal money into football and feel entitled to own the perks so he take catering, travel, hotel contracts from the TTFF and Concacaf. And then still claim that the federation owe him money so when something like 2006 come around is payback time. At the end of the day he make more money than he put in but there is no accountability. It is wholly unprofessional.

Government world is not the corporate. The rules are different. There was a huge scandal about this in the UK several years ago where they crack down on all expenses. I remember a female MP who had a 4pound pay-per-view charge on her hotel bill that get submitted for re-imbursement. It was her husband who rent a blues. The blues wasn’t the issue it was usnig $4 of the public coffers for personal use, something that should have come from your own pocket or your per diem. We can’t even dream of having that kinda accountability.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 19, 2012, 11:06:57 AM »
Where were u people between 1995-2001? Did u all not expect this? D women when she left d MOE went wit d wares. Come on we all had a problem wit d Project Manager so hug up Queen Kamla and enjoy d ride.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 20, 2012, 06:21:38 AM »

Which brings mih to one of the main reasons I put on a Hazmat suit and voted for these people.  PNM people say dey was vex (and de rest ah we too) but couldn't do one damn thing about it.  So the only way to do something was put on mih Hazmat suit and vote for dem....yeah ah still vex or even more vex now but what PNM people doing about their party??  Just sitting back and waiting for this bunch to implode??  Which they will and den what??  We back to a lesser state of vexation??

Dais why unless the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny form a party mih eh voting in the next General Elections cuz with this current bunch on BOTH sides we screwed.....ah might vote in the THA elections......dais Tobago.  Ah eh want Kamla to get she grubby little hands on mih island......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 20, 2012, 07:43:16 AM »

Which brings mih to one of the main reasons I put on a Hazmat suit and voted for these people.  PNM people say dey was vex (and de rest ah we too) but couldn't do one damn thing about it.  So the only way to do something was put on mih Hazmat suit and vote for dem....yeah ah still vex or even more vex now but what PNM people doing about their party??  Just sitting back and waiting for this bunch to implode??  Which they will and den what??  We back to a lesser state of vexation??

Dais why unless the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny form a party mih eh voting in the next General Elections cuz with this current bunch on BOTH sides we screwed.....ah might vote in the THA elections......dais Tobago.  Ah eh want Kamla to get she grubby little hands on mih island......

I'm asking this with all sincerity. Do you and/or the people of Tobago feel they can go it alone? (forget PNM, UNC, Cop, PP) Or is it the feeling that you 'have' been doing this is some respect 'alone' ever since?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 20, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »

I'm asking this with all sincerity. Do you and/or the people of Tobago feel they can go it alone? (forget PNM, UNC, Cop, PP) Or is it the feeling that you 'have' been doing this is some respect 'alone' ever since?

I think I understand the question up the bolded part.  But just clarify, what exactly do you mean by "go it alone??"  Are you referring to ceceding from Trinidad??  If that is what you are referring to, then no I don't feel we can go it alone not at this stage of our development.  We've been linked to Trinidad for too long and everything is too intertwined to go as far as ceceding.   I'm not saying it can't happen, nothing is impossible, it would just be too long, drawn out and convoluted.

What I do support is more autonomy for the internal self government on the island.  THAT I think is what most Tobagonians want, not outright cessation per se.   

I eh understand de last part of your question, the part in blue..... ???  :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 20, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »

Brown you is ah Tobagonian? I had to rub meh eyes to see if something in it... yuh vote fuh dem... after what the UNC do to Robbie? The UNC is ah reactionary party formed out of a reaction to robbie policies and he race, how is this party supposed to lead when they are all about reactions?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #648 on: March 21, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »
Well the opposition finally asked the pm to explain after Marlene McDonald had press conference today. When questioned KPB said they visit from time to time she ran away after. What's amazing is tv6 nightly poll question asked if there should be a probe in into the allegations and the results showed 66 % against and 34 % for.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 21, 2012, 07:05:51 PM »
Well the opposition finally asked the pm to explain after Marlene McDonald had press conference today. When questioned KPB said they visit from time to time she ran away after. What's amazing is tv6 nightly poll question asked if there should be a probe in into the allegations and the results showed 66 % against and 34 % for.

dread dem polls rigged long time they paying good money to make sure of it...yuh didn' get d memo
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #650 on: March 21, 2012, 07:37:44 PM »

dread dem polls rigged long time they paying good money to make sure of it...yuh didn' get d memo
I know they are.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 21, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »
This might seem like a small thing to some people but this rankles me more then anything I hear about this PP to date. When you see this shit going on you know that in every public industry, every contract, every financial arrangement people raping the country.

It is a despicable abuse of power. A true statesman would not even tolerate arrangements that use state resources that would look unproper, much less encourage your family to come home, as if winning the election is like winning the lottery.

The fat that all these nephews and nieces no even citizens makingit even worse because they are clearly opportunistic vultures.

KPB making the classic mistake of these clueless politicians…because she not paying your sister a salary she thinks she is doing something good, as a result she feels entitled to make use of perks, which at the end of the day end up being more than what a salary would have been. A salary would have been accountable as opposed to this nebulous support – room, board, security, travel for sister and family well exceeds what a personal assitant would cost.

Jack used to do the same thing. Put some personal money into football and feel entitled to own the perks so he take catering, travel, hotel contracts from the TTFF and Concacaf. And then still claim that the federation owe him money so when something like 2006 come around is payback time. At the end of the day he make more money than he put in but there is no accountability. It is wholly unprofessional.

Government world is not the corporate. The rules are different. There was a huge scandal about this in the UK several years ago where they crack down on all expenses. I remember a female MP who had a 4pound pay-per-view charge on her hotel bill that get submitted for re-imbursement. It was her husband who rent a blues. The blues wasn’t the issue it was usnig $4 of the public coffers for personal use, something that should have come from your own pocket or your per diem. We can’t even dream of having that kinda accountability.

As to the first bold: 100%!!! Yep, pretty much.

Second bold: To be fair though ... that level of accountability arose in the UK only (in part) after the level of permissiveness became glaringly indulgent and too in yuh face. After all, it was a longstanding practice of operation silently condoned by the majority of MPs. I give them credit though for including in the reforms private citizens to serve on committees that scrutinize parliamentarian behaviour.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:45:48 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 21, 2012, 08:18:28 PM »
No one wants to accept politics as a profession ... then why does everyone have the expectation that politicians will act professionally?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 21, 2012, 09:34:44 PM »

You mean BB
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 22, 2012, 06:55:17 AM »
Actually she promised this yuh know.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/A_PALACE_for_the_people-114787079.html
"The house will become the people's house. I will use the house but I will open the house to the people, to the children of the nation and to any who wish to visit. It will become the people's house," Persad-Bissessar said.

"I do not think I should put the nation to further expense of fixing up another house. The house is there and it is empty, certainly we shall use the house for purposes of the government, but I plan to open it up. I would like to see people and children and make it indeed the people's house."

Anyhow:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/NO_FREE_RIDE_IN_PM1-143755766.html

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar yesterday denied that her three nephews and her sister, Vidwatie Newton, have ever used her official car, PM 1.

Persad-Bissessar was responding to allegations made by Opposition MP Marlene McDonald who charged yesterday that the Prime Minister's sister and three "foreign" nephews were living at the official residence in St Ann's, being transported in the fleet of the cars attached to the residence and living generally at taxpayers' expense as a consequence.

Mc Donald made the statement during a press conference at the Office of the Leader of the Opposition, Charles Street, Port of Spain.

Questioned on the allegations at AmCham T&T's 19th Annual General Meeting held at the Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre, Port of Spain, Persad-Bissessar said: "My sister did stay with me, my nephews visit from time to time."

Pressed further on whether they lived with her at the official residence, she stated: "They visit from time to time. My sister stayed with me, yes."

On the use of the official vehicles, she said: "There is no official car. There are vehicles attached there (to the PM's residence). No, No, they have never used PM 1."

"In fact, that vehicle is solely reserved for the Prime Minister or the Acting Prime Minister", she added.

Earlier, speaking at the Opposition's bi-weekly news conference, McDonald said her mailbox was being bombarded with "so much documentation" on the "scandalous use" of the Prime Minister's official residence.

She said she wanted to ask the Prime Minister why was she not residing at the official residence where security and other systems were in place to accommodate her and why was she holding/hosting official government meetings at her private residence in Phillipine, South Trinidad.

McDonald alleged that the Prime Minister was using a National Security helicopter to commute.

She alleged that the Prime Minister's sister and her two adult children as well as another nephew (the child of another sister), were living at the residence and being maintained at considerable State expense.

Their board and lodging, meals were being met by the taxpayers and they were being transported in the fleet of cars assigned for the exclusive use of the Prime Minister, she added.

McDonald, who used the term "it is alleged" before each sentence, claimed that the Prime Minister's sister and nephews also enjoyed State security.

"They have all the trappings according to the Prime Minister," she said, noting that none of the nephews was a citizen of this country.

She said this "abuse of the Prime Minister's residence" was unprecedented and this management style was reminiscent of Ferdinand Marcos (Filipino dictator), Papa Doc (former president of Haiti) and Benazir Bhutto (former Pakistani prime minister).

McDonald said if the Prime Minister failed to provide a satisfactory response, she planned to file questions in Parliament on the issue.

And I confused. Does she stay at the PM's residence or her own private residence? Cause if she stays at her own private residence...then.....if she is getting visited from time to time.....wouldnt the visit be at the private residence? After these visits...do they leave?

If it not true....I expect a lawsuit for the Mirror. Fair enough?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:00:48 AM by Bourbon »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 22, 2012, 08:08:56 PM »
dat guy suruj rambachan...lol...and wit ah straight face too eh..lol...

ah give up..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 22, 2012, 10:08:50 PM »
dat guy suruj rambachan...lol...and wit ah straight face too eh..lol...

ah give up..

FAMILY LIFE we go here bout FAMILY VALUES NEXT.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:12:20 PM by weary1969 »

truetrini

« Reply #657 on: March 22, 2012, 11:59:44 PM »
All over facebok the talk is dat black people makin chirren all over and abandon dem and dey committing crime and have no family values.....

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 23, 2012, 04:53:47 AM »
All over facebok the talk is dat black people makin chirren all over and abandon dem and dey committing crime and have no family values.....

in the morning program on cnc3 he emphasized that it was an aspect of indian family life and society will do well to return to those values..
i see he didnt repeat it in the post cabinet press conference...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 23, 2012, 05:24:35 AM »
Lol this government is rel kicks yes. Family values, lol.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>