48 (28.6%)
Yes
42 (25%)
Give him time
63 (37.5%)
Assistant only
15 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Russell Latapy Thread  (Read 254807 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
A message to Latapy and Lincoln.
« Reply #930 on: October 10, 2010, 06:30:01 PM »
Die Bitches. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are killing our football......
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: A message to Latapy and Lincoln.
« Reply #931 on: October 10, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
 >:(

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 10, 2010, 06:40:44 PM »
off with is head  :thumbsdown:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 10, 2010, 06:41:03 PM »
LOL

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Russell Latapy Thread.
« Reply #934 on: October 10, 2010, 06:41:37 PM »
lol this thread again..

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 10, 2010, 06:44:05 PM »
Jack Warner and Oliver Camps. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fixed ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 10, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »
Jack Warner and Oliver Camps. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fixed ;D

BETTA
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #937 on: October 10, 2010, 06:46:49 PM »
eny hangings coming back?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #938 on: October 10, 2010, 06:47:10 PM »
spalk on watch oui

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 10, 2010, 07:47:24 PM »
Latapy :flamethrower: Anil
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 10, 2010, 08:07:41 PM »
I say with today's mediocre performance and slightly better performance, Latapy did live to see the digicel as we coach. If we continue with this kind of performance we aint winning not even a tea cup. That's for sure!! :-\
All American

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 10, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »
De man have until digicel cup. I rather we lose battles and we win wars.

On a side note..i now talking with my brethrin in Jamrock who went the game. He say Latas tell de players after the game to go and thank the 50 Trini fans that were there for their support and the noise they made.

De man care at least a lil bit.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 10, 2010, 08:38:26 PM »

On a side note..i now talking with my brethrin in Jamrock who went the game. He say Latas tell de players after the game to go and thank the 50 Trini fans that were there for their support and the noise they made.

Nice if dem is student dey give up some bun and cheese 2 afford 2 b dey.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:41:55 AM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 11, 2010, 01:44:14 AM »

you have to win these battles ... cause we rankings going down
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 11, 2010, 02:23:40 AM »

you have to win these battles ... cause we rankings going down

Yeah i know that. But.....a competitive sucess worth more in the rankings that a win in a friendly.

Not that i satisfied or anything. The whole purpose of these games is with the digicel cup in mind. De man asked to be judged based on dat....dahs de most i could do. De man say he going to at least qualify for Gold Cup.....i willing to see how it go. Dahs all.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: October 11, 2010, 07:30:05 AM »
I think that is the best this side could do.

All we could get is better personnel in each position, so that awareness, tackling, trapping, passing etc will be a bit more competent.

But in terms of system, adjustment, tactics and ideas....I feel dais it.

I looked at USA vs Poland over the weekend and we are miles....miles away from being remotely ready for a team of this level.It was simply a question of fitness and proper off the ball running.

Maybe Latapy has full confidence in his players to execute what he tells them....but they letting him down.

At any rate...he getting 1.2 million pay package for 3 months wuk. Let him eat a food and try a ting. It will be disastrous to not qualify for the Gold Cup but if he fails get rid of him swiftly and hopefully the new man could wuk a magic in the few months we have before the WCQ starts.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 11, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »
So will latapy be fired when he touch down ... :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 11, 2010, 10:24:35 AM »
So will latapy be fired when he touch down ... :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

Yuh  :praying: amiss

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 11, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »

Unless we had a terrible showing yesterday and had lost 6-0 or something like that to Ja, I think Latas has been graced with carrying on with his job at least until he succeeds or fails to get us to the finals in the Caribbean Cup and to qualify or fail to qualify us for the Gold Cup!

Hopefully by that time Latas could have our team playing some football we can be proud of and winning games handsomely against fellow Caribbean teams including against the better teams in the region like Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 11, 2010, 10:58:48 AM »
Could you imagine, that you had to perform your job before a public audience each day with enough scrutiny that each move you make is subjected to judgment? Now if that is the career path  you chose then so be it. Be that as it may, as the title of this thread suggest or implies or asserts...it is one thing to  advocate along this line but on the other hand, emotions aside, have we stopped to consider just  what do we want in a a coach?

By all accounts, and in MHO,  we were not outplayed in all facets of that game yesterday, as a matter of fact there were some significant improvements to the tempo of our game at the start; usually we fall behind  and then it is an uphill battle. In this game , and you would not here many JA's admitting to this, the penalty was very suspect upon reviewing that play, yet despite that, we were unable to mount any serious offensive  attacks that  could have resulted in a goal.

Decision making and selection of players  are still  questionable, Tactics and substitution times  could be debated. So does the improvement in the team play warrant a change in sentiments?  maybe not but until we know what WE WANT IN A COACH, I think we ought to put the emotions aside and  objectively review the  areas that are causing our demise. Many can clearly articulate what they don;t want or who they don't want as a coach but have we fully considered what we want as a coach?   

The question has not been fully answered. People have bandied about names of prospective coaches but have yet identified the qualities we ought to have in one who  would best qualified to coach TnT. So what if the  SW forum members were given the job to be ' headhunters' , to search out and to select the next  coach for our senior team, what would we  want in a coach?

Would we want someone who :

* Familiary with the culture
      Understands the demands of  coaching in TnT
      Skillful tactician
      Strong technical knowledge
      Knows how to manage egos
      An Ability to get the best from the most underskilled players
      Could stand up to the bureaucracies of the TTFF
      Will not be puppet ' of you know who

Works well with underachievers

What else HuhHuh?? a savior? messiah?  a magic maker? a......

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=18636.0
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:07:33 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 11, 2010, 11:18:24 AM »
d only ting dat perplexing me is dat we seem to truly "come on" offensively when d "bench" comes on i.e. some of subs seem to lift d tempo of d team lil bit...............kinda makes you tink dat some possible starters not gettin d chance to start  :-\ ...................dunno jus noticed dat over d lass few games
I pity the fool....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 11, 2010, 11:28:57 AM »

Unless we had a terrible showing yesterday and had lost 6-0 or something like that to Ja, I think Latas has been graced with carrying on with his job at least until he succeeds or fails to get us to the finals in the Caribbean Cup and to qualify or fail to qualify us for the Gold Cup!

Hopefully by that time Latas could have our team playing some football we can be proud of and winning games handsomely against fellow Caribbean teams including against the better teams in the region like Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica.

Haiti Cuba jamaica plus Martinique and Guadeloupe would be dangerous at home  ... we need to get rid of this guy

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 11, 2010, 08:54:57 PM »
Oh so i see, gamble on our confederation's biggest tourney (gold cup) to know if we should up grade or not?? that's what you suggest touches? when would we learn to aim high and stop playing the guessin game with the yutes future?

i remember we made this very same mistake wid the dentist and he didn't disappoint, BC he did just what he was capable of, losing!

don't you guys see that latas is going down the same road! maturana said that he was going to the digicel cup with an all local team, including man who didn't play for us in yrs like dwarika. we played soft and got trumped by lesser competition.

ah hope latapy taking notes with the mad team selections he seem tuh love, BC pancho did the same thing! bring in the proven men and stop gambling with the gold cup MR LATAPY!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 11, 2010, 08:58:51 PM »
d only ting dat perplexing me is dat we seem to truly "come on" offensively when d "bench" comes on i.e. some of subs seem to lift d tempo of d team lil bit...............kinda makes you tink dat some possible starters not gettin d chance to start  :-\ ...................dunno jus noticed dat over d lass few games

Dat is what a bench supposed to do

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 11, 2010, 08:59:37 PM »
We need osie telesford in defense, cornell glenn in offense, we also need jagdoesingh in the line up. latapy, ah hope daniel cyrus eh get thrown in the fire like yuh did young abubakar in mexico, when we have julius james ah proven battle axe who played in bigger tourneys on ah higher level.

latapy yuh better stop experimenting wid my forkin team and wise up, yuh ain't no fackin dunga!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:34:47 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 11, 2010, 09:16:23 PM »
bye the time they fire latapy it will be too late
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 11, 2010, 09:22:11 PM »
bye the time they fire latapy it will be too late

:-\  >:(

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 11, 2010, 09:27:37 PM »
Oh so i see, gamble on our confederation's biggest tourney (gold cup) to know if we should up grade or not?? that's what you suggest touches? when would we learn to aim high and stop playing the guessin game with the yutes future?

i remember we made this very same mistake wid the dentist and he didn't disappoint, BC he did just what he was capable of, losing!

don't you guys see that latas is going down the same road! maturana said that he was going to the digicel cup with an all local team, including man who didn't play for us in yrs like dwarika. we played soft and got trumped by lesser competition.

ah hope latapy taking notes with the mad team selections he seem tuh love, BC pancho did the same thing! bring in the proven men and stop gambling with the gold cup MR LATAPY!!

Maybe Pancho's hands were tied by the Blacklist?  :thinking:

And maybe Latas hands is currently also tied by the same blacklist which will explain why Birchall hasn't been called! :devil:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:46:48 PM by Socapro »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 12, 2010, 03:41:00 AM »

And maybe Latas hands is currently also tied by the same blacklist which will explain why Birchall hasn't been called! :devil:

Not true. latapy was given carteblanche by jackular, he said , and i quote "i will give him all the support he needs, any and all players would be available to him". latapy coulda call up even kelvin jack and it would've been granted! not to bust your bubble, but birchall was in the hex all the way through so don't blame the black list.  what would you say about darryl roberts, he is not one of the WC blacklisted players, so what sayest thou now?

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 12, 2010, 04:13:09 AM »

Not true. latapy was given carteblanche by jackular, he said , and i quote "i will give him all the support he needs, any and all players would be available to him". latapy coulda call up even kelvin jack and it would've been granted! not to bust your bubble, but birchall was in the hex all the way through so don't blame the black list.  what would you say about darryl roberts, he is not one of the WC blacklisted players, so what sayest thou now?

well said

1]; } ?>