May 17, 2024, 07:54:02 PM

Author Topic: John Barnes is set to be the next manager of Jamaica.  (Read 12232 times)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Barnes is set to be the next manager of Jamaica.
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2006, 07:09:04 AM »
Eriksson may combine new club job with role as coach of Jamaica
the Independent
By Jason Burt

Published: 26 July 2006

Sven Goran Eriksson hopes to finalise a deal this week for a return to club management - and is considering combining the job with coaching Jamaica.

The Independent revealed earlier this month that Eriksson was to be approached by the Jamaican Football Federation who are prepared to pay up to £3m-a-year for the right candidate in an effort to qualify for the World Cup finals in 2010. Initial talks have taken place and Eriksson is understood to be keen on the idea but wants to secure his future in club football first. He will then have to ascertain whether his new club would be willing for him to combine the two posts.

Eriksson has received a number of offers since it was announced that he would be stepping down as England coach after the World Cup and had been linked to the coach's job in South Africa , although that appears likely to be going to the Brazilian Carlos Alberto Parreira.

Eriksson's agent, Athole Still, recently claimed that the Swede had turned down one "Champions' League club" in Europe and confirmed that the Jamaicans had been in touch.

It is unclear whether the club Eriksson is now linked with is in England or, as is more likely, in either Spain, Italy or Portugal.

Eriksson has made plain that he wants to go back into club management after six years with England but is hoping to combine the job with the Jamaican post. It would seem an unlikely move but the Jamaicans are serious in their approach and have secured funding from their government who recognise the value of reaching the finals, for sporting and economics reasons, especially as they are being held for the first time in Africa.

An original shortlist was drawn up, which included John Gregory, and from it the former England international John Barnes, who was born in Jamaica, become the front-runner.

But after this summer's World Cup the Jamaicans decided to aim for a higher-profile manager. Eriksson now heads a shortlist which also includes Glenn Hoddle, who recently left Wolverhampton Wanderers, Jose Pekerman, who resigned as Argentina coach after the World Cup, and Foppe de Haan, the highly respected Dutch Under-21s coach.

Sven Goran Eriksson hopes to finalise a deal this week for a return to club management - and is considering combining the job with coaching Jamaica.

The Independent revealed earlier this month that Eriksson was to be approached by the Jamaican Football Federation who are prepared to pay up to £3m-a-year for the right candidate in an effort to qualify for the World Cup finals in 2010. Initial talks have taken place and Eriksson is understood to be keen on the idea but wants to secure his future in club football first. He will then have to ascertain whether his new club would be willing for him to combine the two posts.

Eriksson has received a number of offers since it was announced that he would be stepping down as England coach after the World Cup and had been linked to the coach's job in South Africa , although that appears likely to be going to the Brazilian Carlos Alberto Parreira.

Eriksson's agent, Athole Still, recently claimed that the Swede had turned down one "Champions' League club" in Europe and confirmed that the Jamaicans had been in touch.

It is unclear whether the club Eriksson is now linked with is in England or, as is more likely, in either Spain, Italy or Portugal.

Eriksson has made plain that he wants to go back into club management after six years with England but is hoping to combine the job with the Jamaican post. It would seem an unlikely move but the Jamaicans are serious in their approach and have secured funding from their government who recognise the value of reaching the finals, for sporting and economics reasons, especially as they are being held for the first time in Africa.

An original shortlist was drawn up, which included John Gregory, and from it the former England international John Barnes, who was born in Jamaica, become the front-runner.

But after this summer's World Cup the Jamaicans decided to aim for a higher-profile manager. Eriksson now heads a shortlist which also includes Glenn Hoddle, who recently left Wolverhampton Wanderers, Jose Pekerman, who resigned as Argentina coach after the World Cup, and Foppe de Haan, the highly respected Dutch Under-21s coach.

I know i said Jamaica should get a manager with World Cup experience but i don't like the look of anyone on this list.

Although Costa Rica had a poor World Cup their now ex-manager Alexandre Guimaraes has a proven track record of qualifying out of the Hex for the last 2 World Cups. He will also have something to prove to the Costa Rica press after they gave him a tough time. I feel he would do a good job.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 07:10:46 AM by Remie »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006, 07:53:03 AM »
The man coach one side and people write him off already? U think all them big coaches get instant success? And after 6months at that? Glenn Roeder on that list...and he much better than Souness as he prove now.

Steve McLaren had a horrible 6month period with Boro, but they stick by him and now he is England coach. Is a raw deal them men is get, u can;t necessarily believe the british press when they sensationalise a man's failures. He only lose that job at celtic because he lose the cup game against that small side, Caley Inverness. Weren't Celtic second in the league still? Strachan get 5 in his first game from a small side but Celtic stil win the league in the end..

I backing Barnes to prove the brits wrong...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006, 07:57:59 AM »
Is Barnes going to be the coach or manager? they can get Barnes as the manager and Lavolpe to coach them. Problem solved.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006, 09:02:48 AM »
The man coach one side and people write him off already? U think all them big coaches get instant success? And after 6months at that? Glenn Roeder on that list...and he much better than Souness as he prove now.

Steve McLaren had a horrible 6month period with Boro, but they stick by him and now he is England coach. Is a raw deal them men is get, u can;t necessarily believe the british press when they sensationalise a man's failures. He only lose that job at celtic because he lose the cup game against that small side, Caley Inverness. Weren't Celtic second in the league still? Strachan get 5 in his first game from a small side but Celtic stil win the league in the end..

I backing Barnes to prove the brits wrong...

1. Souness is a poor manager and wastes money.
2. No-one in England wanted McClaren as their manager apart from the FA- the people who gave Erikkson £5m a year to play boring football and win nothing.
3. When Barnes was manager of Celtic there were only two teams challenging for the title and Celtic were second, miles behind Rangers.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006, 09:13:08 AM »
I forgot to mention im half Trini, half Jamaican so i support both teams. There is no way i want Barnes as the new manager.

You need to get the word thru to RF an dem dat this appointment is ah Trinis dream come thru!

Recently we saw Eng 6 - 0 Ja and soon we'll be able to replace the words 'Eng' by 'T&T'!

This news has made my day in a sadistic sort of way!  ;D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2006, 09:20:44 AM »
Barnes may very well do a great job
Everyone who is jumping to conclusions about how bad he will be and that he will not pick local players...all before a ball is kicked...that is kind of ridiculous. Let's wait and see, because you will feel like real donkeys if you see a Barne's coached JA poison us in WC qualifying. When it comes to football...nobody knows sh** until the ball rolls. Ent Klinsmann was supposed to be a waste of time. Don't come now and say JA is not Germany...that is not the point and yuh know it. Barnes could well turn out to be JA's saviour...this is football, so stop yapping like we've seen it all and can figure it all out already.

Good luck to Barnes. He get a nice break as an international manager. Hopefully T&T and JA could rough up Concacaf and make a 2010...I will give Mexico the 3rd spot and Costa Rica the half a spot  ;D

So why you already write off the USA, isn't Klinsmann already lined-up to be their new coach?! ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2006, 10:34:12 AM »
Filho I agree with you that it is not right for people to say that Barnes will not favour Jamaican born players as that is yet to be seen and is very unlikely to happen but John Barnes coaching record speaks for itself

Everyone who is jumping to conclusions about how bad he will be and that he will not pick local players...all before a ball is kicked...that is kind of ridiculous. l

Do you folks honestly think that local Jamaican players will get a serious chance once all those men who is eligable to play for Jamaica want to play for Barnes. Those guys in England playing at a much higher level than those in Jamaica. Mark my words the waggonist are just waiting for the announcement to be made.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 12:06:30 PM »
Everyone who is jumping to conclusions about how bad he will be and that he will not pick local players...all before a ball is kicked...that is kind of ridiculous. Let's wait and see, because you will feel like real donkeys if you see a Barne's coached JA poison us in WC qualifying. When it comes to football...nobody knows sh** until the ball rolls. Ent Klinsmann was supposed to be a waste of time. Don't come now and say JA is not Germany...that is not the point and yuh know it. Barnes could well turn out to be JA's saviour...this is football, so stop yapping like we've seen it all and can figure it all out already.

Good luck to Barnes. He get a nice break as an international manager. Hopefully T&T and JA could rough up Concacaf and make a 2010...I will give Mexico the 3rd spot and Costa Rica the half a spot  ;D

So why you already write off the USA, isn't Klinsmann already lined-up to be their new coach?! ???

U hadda be joking right? I eh write off nobody..I put a lil kix line in the end. Yuh see the smiley face now. No analysis there...just a lil' wishful thinking that two carbbean teams would get thru...I name one traditional powerhouse and CR...a team I happen to like. No need to get so excited.

peace

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2006, 12:11:47 PM »
Barnes we will see you and yuh bullah man yardie team on the 6th of sept

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2006, 12:20:58 PM »
Everyone who is jumping to conclusions about how bad he will be and that he will not pick local players...all before a ball is kicked...that is kind of ridiculous.

Do you folks honestly think that local Jamaican players will get a serious chance once all those men who is eligable to play for Jamaica want to play for Barnes. Those guys in England playing at a much higher level than those in Jamaica. Mark my words the waggonist are just waiting for the announcement to be made.

maybe so, but perhaps you are being overly cynical. Barnes may be great for local talent, or he may bring on the reggae britz. We really don't know...

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2006, 01:29:33 PM »

maybe so, but perhaps you are being overly cynical. Barnes may be great for local talent, or he may bring on the reggae britz. We really don't know...
I say Reggae Britz on there way.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Eriksson!
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 08:29:30 PM »
Eriksson may combine new club job with role as coach of Jamaica
By Jason Burt
Published: 26 July 2006

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eriksson!
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2006, 08:39:10 PM »
RF - Unno need all the help you all can get.
Even with Ericcson, you all will have a hard time ketchin pace with T&T now.
U all need to start playing some games with St Vincent and Cuba and Haiti to start to build back up some sort of programme and confidence.
Maybe we can send our U-21 women to play you all  ;D
Seriously though, I dont see Ericsson going to Ja, why? $$$$. WHere in God's name you all coming up with that $$...And dont tell me Portia.....

Also,
Who is more interesting as a coach?:
A half trini or the coach that masterminded your humiliating half dozen beating a few weeks ago?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 08:52:20 PM »
why would you want Erikson!?

the man got given a team claden with stars and they ALL looked ordinary...

the only player that looked anything special had been with him the least amount of time and thats Aaron Lennon....

If you want Erikson to pelt away the other half of the talent in the caribbean then you go ahead and support him..

all he good at is having high profile affairs.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline JabJab

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2006, 08:59:03 PM »
Jamaica have so much peple suffering and the best thing allyuh could do is spend 180 million JA dollars on a man that couldn't do much with what England thought was one of their best teams ever?? Allyuh must be expecting plenty financial return on your investment then? Maybe you all should get Barnes at a discount and spend the rest of the money on yer people.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2006, 09:07:17 PM »
JabJAB let them get Eriksson
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2006, 09:48:39 PM »
Lissen allyuh.  T&T get big time coach in Beenhakker and make World Cup.  Jamaica feel leff out so dem trowin all kinda big name around because dem eh want to be seen as bein leff behind (too late).

Dem tryin hard but all dis is about is propoganda.  Onandi Lowe have a better chance a bein Jamaica coach dan Eriksson.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2006, 10:04:26 PM »

I highly doubt it myself ,becides he could"n win with rooney  ::)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2006, 07:23:12 AM »
Jamaica have so much peple suffering and the best thing allyuh could do is spend 180 million JA dollars on a man that couldn't do much with what England thought was one of their best teams ever?? Allyuh must be expecting plenty financial return on your investment then? Maybe you all should get Barnes at a discount and spend the rest of the money on yer people.

You are obviously not in tune with reality in Jamaica. While Jamaica has plenty people suffering, it also have plenty people living well off.
next time you visit Jamaica take a look at all the mansions on the hills and the luxury cars, BMWs, Benz, hummers driving on teh street.

Dont confuse yourself. What kind of money does Ghana pay to have a qualified football coach in their programme? What does Cameroon etc pay? Ivory coast? All these countries are poorer or on teh same level as Jamaica. Again, Jamaica is poor yes, but dont forget that Jamaica also contribute US$1B to the T&T economy last year via imports from your country

You dont think Brazil have plenty poor people too?  Argentina?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2006, 07:26:23 AM »
Lissen allyuh.  T&T get big time coach in Beenhakker and make World Cup.  Jamaica feel leff out so dem trowin all kinda big name around because dem eh want to be seen as bein leff behind (too late).

Dem tryin hard but all dis is about is propoganda.  Onandi Lowe have a better chance a bein Jamaica coach dan Eriksson.

Sebastiao Lazaroni was the biggest name coach to coach in teh Caribbean, having coached Brazil national team andd Real Madrid (before Beenhakker's arrival) So to say that we feel left out and trying to get a big name coach because T&T did so is far from truth. We have been doing this thing long time ago. Only difference this time is that the Government is willing to pay the bill, so the JFF can pretty much employ anyone they wish to.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2006, 08:20:56 AM »

You are obviously not in tune with reality in Jamaica. While Jamaica has plenty people suffering, it also have plenty people living well off.
next time you visit Jamaica take a look at all the mansions on the hills and the luxury cars, BMWs, Benz, hummers driving on teh street.

::) Please...because 10% of the people with last names like Issa, Matalon & stewart have  mansions, that means the other 90% doin okay? 10% is not "plenty living well off " freind...plenty more rusty ladas & corollas than bimmers
I is de chupidest man on dis board and I doh even spew dat drivel about T&T

Dont confuse yourself. What kind of money does Ghana pay to have a qualified football coach in their programme? What does Cameroon etc pay? Ivory coast? All these countries are poorer or on teh same level as Jamaica. Again, Jamaica is poor yes, but dont forget that Jamaica also contribute US$1B to the T&T economy last year via imports from your country
"Contribute?"..boss allyuh hadda eat and beenie man hadda fill up he hummer too right?
If I have ten dollars in my pocket and bread in de shop cost $8...is either I starve, or I purchased in exchange for my goods but I certainly  didnt "contribute" to the shopkeeper
If the bread stay in de shop somebody else go buy it and fill up dey belly

Yes and are they willing to spend their entire sport budget on a coach? noop
I understand you are patriot,,good for you,,,...but as a patriot you should write to Portia and tell her dis jealousy business go bankrupt allyuh country

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2006, 08:43:11 AM »

You dont think Brazil have plenty poor people too? Argentina?

Boss. Just say allyuh don't make nothing but Grace seasoning and jerk seasoning.  Everything else coming from Trini.  By the way, you judge how well a country is doing by the level of living of its midddle class.  Obviously the opulence is an indication of the level of disparity between the rich and poor, the majority being poor.  That is nothing to boast about.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2006, 08:58:42 AM »

Sebastiao Lazaroni was the biggest name coach to coach in teh Caribbean, having coached Brazil national team andd Real Madrid (before Beenhakker's arrival) So to say that we feel left out and trying to get a big name coach because T&T did so is far from truth. We have been doing this thing long time ago. Only difference this time is that the Government is willing to pay the bill, so the JFF can pretty much employ anyone they wish to.

your very ignorant, we had many other big name coaches b4 jamaica for years, ask some of the older heads on the site, they listed off names for you, now you coming back to talk the same shit over whenyuh get diss and send away b4, you were speechless, JA not rich, allyuh poor, and you have 90% of your people in sufferation, so dont try tuh play like alyuh have money like us padnah, take care of your people first, talking about big car, trinidad have more big car than ja, we also have more millionaires, so dont get tie up, also we have a bigger middle class, so shut yuh mouth nah bullah.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2006, 09:02:18 AM »

You are obviously not in tune with reality in Jamaica. While Jamaica has plenty people suffering, it also have plenty people living well off. next time you visit Jamaica take a look at all the mansions on the hills and the luxury cars, BMWs, Benz, hummers driving on teh street.

not many a  small portion of the population has all the money yuh see yuh know how much JA people ah  flood the canada. And i say again who in they right mind will suppot/pay 3 million pounds  fuh a part time coach . you all better qualify fuh 2010  paying that money
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 09:06:15 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2006, 01:33:05 PM »

::) Please...because 10% of the people with last names like Issa, Matalon & stewart have  mansions, that means the other 90% doin okay? 10% is not "plenty living well off " freind...plenty more rusty ladas & corollas than bimmers
I is de chupidest man on dis board and I doh even spew dat drivel about T&T

"Contribute?"..boss allyuh hadda eat and beenie man hadda fill up he hummer too right?
If I have ten dollars in my pocket and bread in de shop cost $8...is either I starve, or I purchased in exchange for my goods but I certainly  didnt "contribute" to the shopkeeper
If the bread stay in de shop somebody else go buy it and fill up dey belly

Yes and are they willing to spend their entire sport budget on a coach? noop
I understand you are patriot,,good for you,,,...but as a patriot you should write to Portia and tell her dis jealousy business go bankrupt allyuh country

Have you ever been to Jamaica Dutty? The poverty you see in Jamaica is real, just like many of the developing countries in the world, many in Central and South America.

Go on the streets of Rio, Sao Polo and Bahia in Brazil, Mexico city in Mexico, an dyou will see the same level of poverty as you see on teh streets of downtown Kingston. Now doe sthat mean that Mexico and Brazil cant afford to pay coaches to coach their national team because of this?

Again, Jamaic contribute $1B to the T&T economy last year...more than any other Caribbean nation.

The JFF was able to pau simoes out of their pockets with minimal government help for 4 years...your federation could only manage to pay Beenhakker for 8 months with Jack Warner's money.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2006, 01:36:09 PM »

your very ignorant, we had many other big name coaches b4 jamaica for years, ask some of the older heads on the site, they listed off names for you, now you coming back to talk the same shit over whenyuh get diss and send away b4, you were speechless, JA not rich, allyuh poor, and you have 90% of your people in sufferation, so dont try tuh play like alyuh have money like us padnah, take care of your people first, talking about big car, trinidad have more big car than ja, we also have more millionaires, so dont get tie up, also we have a bigger middle class, so shut yuh mouth nah bullah.

He eh. you seem to be on crack. You are out of control.  ;D

stick to football please. One question, before Beenhakker, who was the big brand name coach that T&T hired, and what national/club team did he coach?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2006, 01:41:54 PM »

wuh yuh want ah medal fuh dat awa?

maybe a parade!?  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :justkidding:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 01:43:53 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2006, 01:57:43 PM »

Have you ever been to Jamaica Dutty? The poverty you see in Jamaica is real, just like many of the developing countries in the world, many in Central and South America.

Go on the streets of Rio, Sao Polo and Bahia in Brazil, Mexico city in Mexico, an dyou will see the same level of poverty as you see on teh streets of downtown Kingston. Now doe sthat mean that Mexico and Brazil cant afford to pay coaches to coach their national team because of this?

Again, Jamaic contribute $1B to the T&T economy last year...more than any other Caribbean nation.

The JFF was able to pau simoes out of their pockets with minimal government help for 4 years...your federation could only manage to pay Beenhakker for 8 months with Jack Warner's money.

Why yes Mr Fan, I've had the pleasure of visiting once..and vowed not to return...I went to cuba the following year

I understand the poverty is real...you were the one espousing "You are obviously not in tune with reality in Jamaica"...and going on some tangent about mansions and benz

Now with regard to those other countries..despite the  poverty,, you might want to take a look at their GNP and compare it to jamaicas to see where you stand
It is laughable that you would compare the money in Brazil to Jamaica....is your measuring stick poor people that you have seen oon tv?
There is poverty in great numbers and high unemployment in high rise buildings that surround Paris..there are probably more homeless people in new york alone than the whole of kingston
What does that prove?

Friend, I tryin to help you out...if you were a true patriot, you would write portia and tell her for a small island with high debts, no natural resources and a marginal GDP...blowin all dat money on a foreign coach to alleviate 'uno' jealousy is not in yuh best interests
..or you could continue tellin man bout hummer and benz iin the land of plenty

To tell you how much I tryin to help..I bypass all the other resorts in cuba and stayed at Breezes...a jamaican owned enterprise...see how generous we trinis are?  ;D

Also you really should look up the meaning of 'contribute'
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2006, 01:58:32 PM »

Only govt only  manage ??? :o RF  ja only make up 5.4% (1billion US)of our exports we eh dependent on ja AS YOU MAKE IT SEEM   PUT IT THIS WAY we feeding you all cause i know JA get them goods etc cheap. Plus is burell money wey pay simones not the jff

GDP (purchasing power parity):    
$18.01 billion (2005 est.)   :)
GDP (official exchange rate):  
$13.02 billion (2005 est.)   :D
GDP - real growth rate:    
7% (2005 est.)  
GDP - per capita (PPP):    ;D 
$16,700 (2005 est.)  
Exports:    
$9.161 billion f.o.b. (2005 est.)   :D
Exports - commodities:  
petroleum and petroleum products, chemicals, steel products, fertilizer, sugar, cocoa, coffee, citrus, flowers  
Exports - partners:  
US 69.7%, ;D Jamaica 5.4%  :-\ :devil:, Barbados 3% (2005)  

Imports:    
$6.011 billion f.o.b. (2005 est.)  
Imports - commodities:  
machinery, transportation equipment, manufactured goods, food, live animals  
Imports - partners:  
US 28.3%, Venezuela 14.3%, Brazil 12.6%, Japan 5.6%, Germany 4.4%, Gabon 4.2% (2005)  
Reserves of foreign exchange and gold:    
$4.888 billion (2005 est.)  
Debt - external:    
$2.767 billion (2005 est.)  
Economic aid - recipient:  
$24 million (1999 est.)  
Currency (code):  
Trinidad and Tobago dollar (TTD)  
Exchange rates:  
Trinidad and Tobago dollars per US dollar - 6.2842 (2005), 6.299 (2004), 6.2951 (2003), 6.2487 (2002), 6.2332 (2001)  
Fiscal year:  
1 October - 30 September  

Debt - external:   
$2.767 billion (2005 est.)   :)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 08:51:48 PM by triniman »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2006, 02:00:46 PM »
World book fact reggae fan
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/td.html#Econ

$12.17 billion (2005 est.) 
$9.127 billion (2005 est.) 
GDP - real growth rate:   
1.5%  :o(2005 est.) 
  :P
GDP - per capita (PPP):  :-[  
$4,400 (2005 est.) 
GDP - composition by sector:   
agriculture: 4.9%
industry: 33.7%
services: 61.5% (2005 est.)
$12.17 billion (2005 est.) 
$9.127 billion (2005 est.) 
GDP - real growth rate:   
1.5% (2005 est.) 
GDP - per capita (PPP):   
$4,400 (2005 est.) 
GDP - composition by sector:   
agriculture: 4.9%
industry: 33.7%
services: 61.5% (2005 est.)
Imports - commodities:   
food and other consumer goods, industrial supplies, fuel, parts and accessories of capital goods, machinery and transport equipment, construction materials 
Imports - partners:   
US 39.6%, Trinidad and Tobago 13.7%, France 4.6% (2005) 
Debt - external:   
$7.162 billion (2005 est
  :o
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 02:10:40 PM by triniman »

1]; } ?>