May 22, 2024, 05:42:30 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (19-Nov-2008).  (Read 76970 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (19-Nov-2008).
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2008, 07:07:03 PM »
D reason Spann eh playing is because at present he eh bringing nutten 2 d table
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »
charisa you cant judge what team we playing if you not seeing more of our players in his position. he is a good player but we have players as good as him and better. sorry to burst your bubble.

and when you go home tell spann i said hi

:rotfl:  same thing run thru my mind  :rotfl:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2008, 07:57:53 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2008, 08:02:01 PM »
I have been following up on the Trinidad and Tobago National Team since 2005 and am truly sadden and  gutted to see that today one of  their greatest and most talented player Mr. Silvio R. Spann is being   treated  with no acknowledgement nor respect.
That is a very lofty statement considering that he has never really established himself on the national team, and he has not had much of a club career apart from W-Connection. For one reason or another, he has been unable to get a consistent run on any of the foreign club teams he has joined.

Strange enough, correct me if am incorrect, did Carlos Edwards, Dennis Lawrence, etc played for the club Silvio R. Spann is currently playing for. Did Kenwyne Jones once played for a Team in the UK at a way lower division.  I never heard anyone talked about that.
Yes, Carlos Edwards and Dennis Lawrence played for Wrexham, and they won awards (Player of the Year etc.) there. As a matter of fact, their recommendations played a part in him getting the contract at Wrexham. Hector Sam also played for them. The lowest division that Kenwyne has played in is League One, when he went on loan to Sheffield Wednesday for a month.

I looked at a few of the Trinidad and Tobago’s  2010 qualifying games and let me tell you something,  I have not seen no Championship nor Premiership qualities on the field (now I am not bashing the players), everybody plays the same (they all make mistakes on the field). If the coach is bringing these guys down and  picking other  local boys and by passing Silvio R. Spann,  let we see some real talent. I know most readers would 100% disagree with me but its True. That’s just how  a lot of the United Kingdom nationals are seeing it.  For example, Carlos Edwards  made so many mistakes on the field and where is he now, still on the team, a lot of these guys they are picking are not better than Silvio R. Spann, the man must feel bad when Trinidad and Tobago (your own) treat him so.
What is Silvio doing that warrants him to be selected? What kind of performances is he having for his club? How often is he playing first team football? What kind of impact has he had at Wrexham since he joined them? Whose place can he currently take on the national team, and why?

If Silvio is to win and cement a place on the national side, he has to turn in consistent performances for his club and/or bring something that we're currently missing.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »

As good a free-kick as that is, it is the only time he has scored one for the national team. Keep in mind that we also have Keon Daniel who handles that duty well. Three of his 7 goals for T&T have come from free kicks.

This Silvio Spann free-kick is kinda like Collin Samuel's performance against Iceland. It's the thing that people remember, but it's ONLY ONE instance of performing well, and it should not be used to generalize their effectiveness, in the same way that one bad performance shouldn't be a cause to write someone off. Spann has had some good games for T&T, but he has been inconsistent, and unfortunately has had his share of injuries. He obviously has the tools, but I don't think they have been fully utilized.

Offline faith

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2008, 03:43:46 AM »
If you guys were just wandering I got an email from a friend in the uk where this girl called Charisa and others have been questioning the selection for Trinidad and Tobago's team and why Spann is seldom called.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2008, 05:04:10 AM »
I might be the only one here but I find Silvio did not have that bad a game vs USA as many felt...
Plus I sat in the bleachers and had a good look at him in the second half.
It wasn't a stellar performance (like Birchall), but I dont think he did that bad either.
He made some mistakes, especially with positioning, but he fought well and did ok. The lone US goal came almost from a mix up after a tackle that saw the ball bounce favourable for the american winger....

The problem with Silvio in my opinion is that he does not assert himself enough on the field, but then again, do we want another cyd gray...?
if he works on his fitness and strength, I believe he can be a very effective right back or filler for Carlos in the middle.
The modern fullback has to be supremely fit for running up and down, fast and be able to deliver quality crosses...I think technically he is better than Gray, but sometimes he tries to do too much or makes the wrong decision...almost like he knows he has good technique and poise, but second guesses himself alot on whether to just boom kick and clear. And we all know what happens when u hesitate for a split second at this level.

Right now, Gray is a step better than him..Simply because he is very effective and defending that portion of the pitch and nothing else if for a couple cameo overlaps...Silvio has the potential to be a much more complete player...

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2008, 05:10:42 AM »
Right now, Gray is a step better than him..Simply because he is very effective and defending that portion of the pitch and nothing else if for a couple cameo overlaps...Silvio has the potential to be a much more complete player...

I second that
Well said Trini......he has alot of catching up to do and the tim is favouring him at the moment,if he sticks to the task he should be our starting right back

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2008, 05:27:49 AM »
Silvio has the potential to be a much more complete player...
That potential has to be actualized soon, because his time is running out. He's already 27.

Offline faith

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2008, 06:02:16 AM »
Well after hearing your response its time for me to say mine.

I believe Spann knows that he is a great player but dont put that greatness to play. Actions speak louder than words. I watch how they call back Josh Johnson, he use to play for Wrexham with Spann. They never play Josh at Wrexham. The man fought hard to be called back - congrats to Josh. Shame on Spann. The ball was in your court but you never make the use of it.  Everybody fighting hard, but he think that a good name and some memorable good passes would do him good, but NO. He should be better by now, the man playing football long time now. He is 27, well lets say 28 because this year is up and I am see some young talented men playing premerehip now. If he wants to play at that level he has to prove that he is better than them 16yr old I see playing at that level. I hope he learn and dont make the same mistake like his father, who just have a good name but nothing to show for it.

I am just a young woman who like football and I can point out when you are not playing good, so if I can am sure he knows it too.

Spann if you are reading this, I love you as a footballer but get your act together nah, you dont feel ashame to see them same boys you played with in 2005 passing you now.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2008, 06:03:47 AM »
I don't think Spann plays right back for Wrexham and he's not going to get any better at the position without more practice there.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2008, 06:30:34 AM »
I might be the only one here but I find Silvio did not have that bad a game vs USA as many felt...
Plus I sat in the bleachers and had a good look at him in the second half.
It wasn't a stellar performance (like Birchall), but I dont think he did that bad either.
He made some mistakes, especially with positioning, but he fought well and did ok. The lone US goal came almost from a mix up after a tackle that saw the ball bounce favourable for the american winger....

The problem with Silvio in my opinion is that he does not assert himself enough on the field, but then again, do we want another cyd gray...?
if he works on his fitness and strength, I believe he can be a very effective right back or filler for Carlos in the middle.
The modern fullback has to be supremely fit for running up and down, fast and be able to deliver quality crosses...I think technically he is better than Gray, but sometimes he tries to do too much or makes the wrong decision...almost like he knows he has good technique and poise, but second guesses himself alot on whether to just boom kick and clear. And we all know what happens when u hesitate for a split second at this level.
Your not the only one here who feels that way. I thought Silvio did well in de second half. In reference to why he aint get call back... I feel that because his positioning was off he loss he wok. A defender gets to make mistakes... Voom kick, wild tackle, bad back pass but when your positioning is off it tells alot about a defenders ability to read de game. Personally I think Spaan might be to wild to play dat position. He might be more suited to a 1st stopper or tried on de right wing where he can just pick up and run. But he cant unseat Birchall, Carlos or (unfortunately) Hyland.  On a note on Hyland. I saw kid play in de Digicel games. And in Every game he played half hearted. I really want to say he play shit but the expression on his face was not of dam im trying hard but pullin stones but rather when will this dam game be over so i can get back to my Xbox.
If Whitley was back to hiself... Hyland would not have a wok either.

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2008, 06:54:08 AM »
Agree Silvio doh assert himself on d field but doh get carried away wit Johnson selection we does just put players name in a hat and pick dat is how Johnson get d call up
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2008, 07:30:10 AM »
Silvio could lose his place (right wing and NOT right back) to Josh Johnson if Josh performs well vs Cuba. Both Collin Samuel and Silvio Spann are very inconsistent.

Spann does not warren a call up. He cant even make a conference league team starting eleven.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2008, 07:37:21 AM »
Samuel get call up was injured and eh get call since u c is pick a player d equivalent 2 pick a pan

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2008, 09:00:09 AM »
Samuel get call up was injured and eh get call since u c is pick a player d equivalent 2 pick a pan

Glenroy?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2008, 09:50:07 AM »
A Samuel iz a Samuel doh matter

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2008, 03:12:28 PM »
I prefer a game in Kingston than Tegucigalpa.

Why?  We have had much more success in Tegucigalpa than Kingston in world cup qualifying. 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2008, 05:29:24 PM »
don't forget pick up of tickets tomorrow

"Tickets will be distributed on Saturday 15th November between 9am - 5pm at the Marvin Lee Stadium Car Park, Centre of Excellence.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:32:01 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »
I prefer a game in Kingston than Tegucigalpa.

Why?  We have had much more success in Tegucigalpa than Kingston in world cup qualifying. 
I'm very impressed with the way Honduras is playing this round. I feel they have more quality than Jamaica and they will be a dangerous team home and away in the Hex.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2008, 06:00:20 PM »
Jah I just feel dat history on we side v Honduras. History is a subject 4 CXC so I rather go on form

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2008, 06:27:20 PM »
Jah I just feel dat history on we side v Honduras. History is a subject 4 CXC so I rather go on form
I am more than confident we could handle d Jakans, with a full squad that is. It will be a bitter departure for Honduras if they get knocked out. They are probably playing the most exciting football in Concacaf now.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2008, 07:02:12 PM »
Agree wit u Jah

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2008, 11:54:40 PM »

I still feel that was lucky, the ball deflected. Say what, that's part of the game. Spann need to show consistency in his game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2008, 01:56:07 AM »

I still feel that was lucky, the ball deflected. Say what, that's part of the game. Spann need to show consistency in his game.
Guy ! there was no deflextion on that ball, did you actually saw that game? BTW spann has been ah huge disapiontment since the injury, last good showing was against bahrain in manama when we won.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2008, 02:25:00 AM »
For those of you who don't remember, he also hit the crossbar from a corner kick in that game (though, looking back, it may have been Seon Power)

Also, that ball didn't touch anyone on its way to the goal
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 02:32:31 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2008, 07:34:50 AM »

That wasn't no deflection. Remember he almost repeated it against de US a few days later. From further out, with an even bigger swerve. Had Kasey Keller scrambling from de wrong side of goal.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:44:34 AM by Monkey Genius »

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2008, 09:24:49 AM »
anyone know if we could get to see this game in the US live - any links??? ???

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2008, 01:22:29 PM »
Agree Silvio doh assert himself on d field but doh get carried away wit Johnson selection we does just put players name in a hat and pick dat is how Johnson get d call up

You really dont like our national coach and everyone knows that but it surely cant be because of his win/loss record ? care to enlighten me a bit on why you take every opportunity to malign the man ?

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2008, 01:26:24 PM »
does anyone know went the team is going to assemble...for the Nov. 19 game

1]; } ?>