May 18, 2024, 07:40:34 PM

Poll

Who would you like to see coach the T&T national team?

Roberto Martínez
Roy Keane
Frank Rijkaard
Roberto Mancini
Luiz Felipe Scolari

Author Topic: Who would you like to see coach the T&T national team?  (Read 18227 times)

Offline everhigh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Maturana will send warriors back to 1989
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2009, 10:49:37 PM »
The way I see things, Maturana is trying to put us under the ground.  It took us 20 years to get to this point, from 1989 to 2009 and Maturana has no idea what he's doing. Kenwyn Jones needs to take out that gold in his  f_cking hair and learn to control the ball.  Latapy need to stop playing f_cking coach and start playing and keep in mind that the friend friend thing have to stop.  Why is Colin Samuel not on the team? Obviously we need help on the left and put Daniels in the center where he is best.  We have what it takes to be the best team in the world, we just have to have a coach with vision e.g. Leo Beenhakker took Carlos Edwards from mid-field and put him in a left back so that we would have someone with speed and attacking ability from the back.  Kenwyn Jones was originally a defender and just like reverse psychology, he is detrimental in front.  Dennis Lawrence is also very promising in front.  If we have a coach that can identify a player's talent and be able to place them in the right position according to our opponents, we will see great results.  The USA coach took Beasly that plays a left wing and put him in the left back to compete with the speed of Carlos Edwards.  It's little things like this that keep us looking worse than the last secondary school team in the Bahamas, not even Trinidad.  The players made me proud and they have my support all the way but if Maturana stays, we will surely go 20 years back.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana will send warriors back to 1989
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2009, 10:55:47 PM »
89 was a good yr except nov 19th so u need 2 go wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back 1889.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: COACHING SOLOUTION? any ideas
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2009, 11:07:08 PM »
Frank Rijkaard, Roberto Mancini, Sven Goran Ericcsson, Ruud Gullit, Rudi Voeller, Lothar Mattheus, Zoran Vranes, Theodore Whitmore.

That's your shortlist. Anyone of the above is a significant upgrade to what we have now

Padna dis is Trinidad  and Tobago national team not fackin Arnett Gardens FC

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »
Frank Rijkaard, Roberto Mancini, Sven Goran Ericcsson, Ruud Gullit, Rudi Voeller, Lothar Mattheus, Zoran Vranes, Theodore Whitmore.
That's your shortlist. Anyone of the above is a significant upgrade to what we have now

WHAT DE MUDDER CONT !!...you understand we talkin about the TnT national team?..what has he achieved as a coach to make him an option to be at the helm of our national team?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2009, 11:10:19 PM »
Bruce Arena

He has beaten all the teams we are currently playing in the hex...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2009, 11:15:42 PM »
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:27:19 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2009, 11:17:03 PM »
Imagine Whitmore telling men like Yorke and Latapy what to do.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2009, 11:30:16 PM »
breads whitmore stand a chance in my book anybody but pancho lol at least grant him an interview

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2009, 11:56:09 PM »
breads whitmore stand a chance in my book anybody but pancho lol at least grant him an interview

:rotfl: we should then grant Rougier, Derek King and Clint Marcelle intervies too yes...no difference in terms what whitmore and them have achieved as coaches
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:57:54 PM by Sando prince »

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2009, 01:17:03 AM »
Ah bet all who was cussin Wim wish he was de coach all now.  I know I would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke whispering in Jack ears.....
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2009, 01:28:17 AM »
Now is not de time to make Latapy our head coach.  Maybe after this campaign is over he can be appointed as head coach and start building something from scratch.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2009, 03:57:17 AM »

:rotfl: we should then grant Rougier, Derek King and Clint Marcelle intervies too yes...no difference in terms what whitmore and them have achieved as coaches
Eh sando ! hold yuh peace !! whitmore better than semoes, and he's ah hell of a lot better than pancho since he rock mexico and honduras, so stop hating and leave whitmore alone! ah know yuhs ah forkin yardy hater , but yuh hate is getting the better of yuh now! trevor whitmore is ah hero just like yorke bro!! so leave him alone!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana will send warriors back to 1989
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2009, 03:59:32 AM »
The way I see things, Maturana is trying to put us under the ground.  It took us 20 years to get to this point, from 1989 to 2009 and Maturana has no idea what he's doing. Kenwyn Jones needs to take out that gold in his  f_cking hair and learn to control the ball.  Latapy need to stop playing f_cking coach and start playing and keep in mind that the friend friend thing have to stop.  Why is Colin Samuel not on the team? Obviously we need help on the left and put Daniels in the center where he is best.  We have what it takes to be the best team in the world, we just have to have a coach with vision e.g. Leo Beenhakker took Carlos Edwards from mid-field and put him in a left back so that we would have someone with speed and attacking ability from the back.  Kenwyn Jones was originally a defender and just like reverse psychology, he is detrimental in front.  Dennis Lawrence is also very promising in front.  If we have a coach that can identify a player's talent and be able to place them in the right position according to our opponents, we will see great results.  The USA coach took Beasly that plays a left wing and put him in the left back to compete with the speed of Carlos Edwards.  It's little things like this that keep us looking worse than the last secondary school team in the Bahamas, not even Trinidad.  The players made me proud and they have my support all the way but if Maturana stays, we will surely go 20 years back.
Yuh mean on the bench where he obviously belong!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2009, 06:37:26 AM »
Ah bet all who was cussin Wim wish he was de coach all now.  I know I would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

U know I feelin 2 get cuss 2day so I will b d 1st to post here. God doh like ugly but like he like Trinis because we have 2 pts instead ah 0. We blacklist players and fire d coach who blacklist d players for this goat who say we cyah concentrate 4 90 because we black.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2009, 07:02:51 AM »

U know I feelin 2 get cuss 2day so I will b d 1st to post here. God doh like ugly but like he like Trinis because we have 2 pts instead ah 0. We blacklist players and fire d coach who blacklist d players for this goat who say we cyah concentrate 4 90 because we black.

Yuh damn right.  We in this mess now because of Jack Warner and his badmind.  I want to see how long he go stick with Maturana.  Maturana can be used to help with development of the younger players.  That seems to be where he is effective but as the head coach is time for him to go. 

I was neutral about Maturana up to last night but after last night my mind is made up.  When he took off Birchall instead of Keon Daniel that was the last straw for me.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2009, 07:04:56 AM »

Yuh damn right.  We in this mess now because of Jack Warner and his badmind.  I want to see how long he go stick with Maturana.  Maturana can be used to help with development of the younger players.  That seems to be where he is effective but as the head coach is time for him to go. 

I was neutral about Maturana up to last night but after last night my mind is made up.  When he took off Birchall instead of Keon Daniel that was the last straw for me.

I know I lack patience all yuh could run a course on how 2 b patient last nite u get fed up.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:15:42 AM by weary1969 »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2009, 07:14:15 AM »
Bruce Arena get called yet???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2009, 07:17:22 AM »
Bruce Arena get called yet???

4 what who goin and deal wit d circus that is we football. Unless he get a contract like d Don NO INTERFERENCE from d chipmunks and whoever else

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2009, 07:21:40 AM »
I feel JW hire mats to punish TnT people for not electing him PM....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2009, 07:23:13 AM »

I wondered y thanks 4 d explination there must b a reason.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2009, 07:36:32 AM »

I wondered y thanks 4 d explination there must b a reason.

Nah, check de hts, Mats gives Jack what he relishes, being in control, the former is a puppet and Jack can pull his strings.  Before 06 Jack had a larger incentive for us to qualify (aiding TT to 1st 1st WC, bragging rights among his peers at FIFA, continued control of TT football etc), so he had to get a respected coach to make it feasible.  What happened thereafter?  We performed creditably and confusion arose as he denied the players their promised bonuses, players protest, he seemed to be losing control, so he bans the players.  Any respected coach a la Beenie would not stand for this moving forward today, so he hires a puppet whom he can control. The incentive for us to qualify again from Jack's perspective isn't really there, some may say more $$, but I doubt that that would be more than a rounding error on his financial portfolio, so net, I personally don't see it changing, hope my analysis is dead wrong, for the sake of our football.....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »

Eh sando ! hold yuh peace !! whitmore better than semoes, and he's ah hell of a lot better than pancho since he rock mexico and honduras, so stop hating and leave whitmore alone! ah know yuhs ah forkin yardy hater , but yuh hate is getting the better of yuh now! trevor whitmore is ah hero just like yorke bro!! so leave him alone!!

:rotfl: never said he was not a jamaican hero or was not better than Simoes...My question to you is what he has done to make him an option as a coach for a TnT national team?..and remeber we taking about a national team

and Vranes aint coaching TnT again either
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:43:01 AM by Sando prince »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2009, 07:38:19 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
sorry
but I have to laugh at this one
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2009, 08:09:15 AM »
If we had to change the coach right NOW, i would go with fenwick even though he isn't my number 1 overall choice. But because he has been around trinidad football for 9yrs and knows more about our pool of players than Maturana and CO.

In terms of a long term coach i would go with Beenie or Martin O'neill in that order

Now doh kill meh eh.....even tho this eh possible.....i feel with the young players we have coming up in the u20's u17's mixed with the KJ's and birchalls etc etc would do well over a period of time with a manager like arsene wenger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2009, 12:05:53 PM »
Fire Jack!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »
Fire Jack!!!!

Baby steps leh we strt wit d fro

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2009, 10:08:52 PM »

WHAT DE MUDDER CONT !!...you understand we talkin about the TnT national team?..what has he achieved as a coach to make him an option to be at the helm of our national team?

Whitmore was de man Jamaica turn to when dey buss Simoes throat and he beat Mexico and Honduras...two teams WE need to beat in this round. Just remember is who nearly put Mexico out (if only for goal difference) last rounds before Barnes take over.
And if Dwight and Latas too big to take instructions from him then f@#k them...Whitmore have more two more WC goals than T&T whole team! What Dwight and Latapy achieve as COACH to put them in charge?!

I never say de man is first choice...in fact I would take all the others on my list above him but but even he will be better than Maturana...at least he could beat Honduras and Mexico home! Yuh never know how motivated a man may be to make a name for himself if given an opportunity like this.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2009, 10:24:05 PM »

Whitmore was de man Jamaica turn to when dey buss Simoes throat and he beat Mexico and Honduras...two teams WE need to beat in this round. Just remember is who nearly put Mexico out (if only for goal difference) last rounds before Barnes take over.
And if Dwight and Latas too big to take instructions from him then f@#k them...Whitmore have more two more WC goals than T&T whole team! What Dwight and Latapy achieve as COACH to put them in charge?!

I never say de man is first choice...in fact I would take all the others on my list above him but but even he will be better than Maturana...at least he could beat Honduras and Mexico home! Yuh never know how motivated a man may be to make a name for himself if given an opportunity like this.

just like i expected your response will not make much sense with the thread title..the title is about coaching solutions??..but yet you naming coaches you thinking better than Maturana as a sloution...the solution is not just finding a coach better than Maturana but a coach who can help complete the job, so yuh on ah different agenda..sorry if yuh is ah big fan of Whitmore but TnT needs a proven and experience head coach...and whitmore one/two game success is not enough to make him an option to coach my country...and yuh tata talk about latapy and Yorke being coach does not make sense cause nobody who have sense will make either one Head coach of T&T right now...
so wheel and come again yuh talkin one set ah garbadge.. :rotfl: 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Stephan Hart should Replace maturana if he is replaced
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2009, 10:45:25 PM »
what say the board?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stephan Hart should Replace maturana if he is replaced
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2009, 10:46:39 PM »
here is the link..save the moderators the time http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=43145.0

1]; } ?>